Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - June 7, 2012

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Great news on Transphasic, thanks for the change. I have been useing a Transphasic torpdeo boat for years and at last its good.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I am a little worried that contacts no longer seem to have any wander options. I had used contacts to fill up the maps with some life. if they are static that will affect old missions and limit what we can do with them. I know it can be a pain to have a player give a contact some text and then have it move away from the player but I'd like to see wander added back in.

Wander is there. You just have to change their behavior to "Legacy Contact for npc's or "Legacy Combat/True combat" for groups.

Also, the legacy options are missing their description; The mission search UI keeps saying search failed :eek:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Just been on tribble, and

"Updated the bridge on the Odyssey to resolve some slight texture issues." (Aquarious bridge)

Still holes in mesh/textures and unfinished objects as well as the turbolift object you can view outside from front of the bridge looking at ready room and main turbolift.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    a long standing issue as well but the new gorn and orion ships are listed but are now shown. the dragus fleet support ship and the dacoit fligt deck carrier for example are there but no costume.

chaddy18 wrote: »
    Wander is there. You just have to change their behavior to "Legacy Contact for npc's or "Legacy Combat/True combat" for groups.

Also, the legacy options are missing their description; The mission search UI keeps saying search failed :eek:

I see it now. it was not immediately obvious. thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    There is an option on the storyboard where you can go to the top buttons on the left hand side. under mission there is a series of options such as add task -kill encounter or add task - talk to contact.

one of them was called add task - unlock door. i pressed it to see what happens and it crashed to desktop and my antivirus began scanning thinking it was a malicious program.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    also i dont know if anyone has seen this yet but they updated the away team selection box when you beam down.

personally i love this addition. its minor but it looks great.

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx26/revo_2010/AWAYTEAM.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    also i dont know if anyone has seen this yet but they updated the away team selection box when you beam down.

Ok, that looks cool
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    These foundry updates are excellent, and half of them aren't even in the patch notes:

Just to name a few:

You can now put titles over people's portraits in dialogue boxes.
    Dialogue boxes and the mission description box now have character limit counters.
    The map object limit is up to 475, with the building limit up to 64.
    You can now sort your map objects by type, name, usage and unfinished task.
    There's now 1 name for npcs and objects, instead of 1 name that only the author sees and one that the player sees.

That last item is the one I had a hard time explaining in the notes. ;)
    But I'll update my patch notes with the items you've put here. It's about a year's worth of code and bug fixes, so grabbing all the real changes that went in was a bit rough. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    That last item is the one I had a hard time explaining in the notes. ;)
    But I'll update my patch notes with the items you've put here. It's about a year's worth of code and bug fixes, so grabbing all the real changes that went in was a bit rough. Thanks!

Zero, do you know when the Foundry might be getting more assets? There are currently NO forms of turret models (period, not even a turret SKIN), the Sol System asset is the pre-Season 3 model, and we can't add Galaxy-Xs into anything (aside from reskinning a Typhoon). One of the missions I have planned requires a few of these, so I can't do it until they hit.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Need or Greed overhead notifications are now disabled by default.
    They may be re-enabled via the notification settings.
    I'm confused... What does this mean?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Zero ,
    You are always so awesome comunicating with us and problem solving / bug squashing.

Thank you for all you do , I consider you one of the brightest stars in the Cryptic Universe!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    ...It's about a year's worth of code and bug fixes, so grabbing all the real changes that went in was a bit rough. Thanks!

UUUuuUUuuuh... uh... oh.. oh dear. I need... to take a cold sonic shower.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    dribyelruh wrote: »
    Challenge accepted ;)

Just for this, coming out of my very short lived retirement!

Edit: Force warps 1 of of our team members constantly upon map entry - Dreaded 10 sec count down - Code built in for Pandas??....lol

Jorf's fault!

Edit 2: 6 times on the bounce 1 of us is forced to leave - Happens when we que or create private.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Foundry:
    • The Foundry editor has been re-opened!
    • There are some projects that will need to be edited before they can be republished, but most of them will auto-republish just fine.
    • Multi-select has been added!
      • Left-click now defaults to multi-select.
        • This is changeable in the Map menu.
      • Middle-click and space+left-click pan the map.
    • There are additional behaviors available for contacts and NPC groups.
      • Have fun!
    • The controls in the costume editor have been updated.
    • Image previews for ground objects and contacts are now in 3D.
      • It’s a known issue that some of the image previews are cropped incorrectly for contacts.
    • Mission flow has been changed.
      • Rather than having map transitions created automatically, an author needs to manually place them.
      • All objectives must be placed on a map.
      • Maps cannot be placed inside Complete Alls.
      • There is a new objective type: Dialog with Object.
    • Added the ability to have no interact time for interact objectives.
    • The name displayed in the reticle for interact objects is now labeled with the actual name specified for that object in the map editor.
      • Boy that was hard to explain.
    • The preview image for some of the alien artifacts no longer includes a bounding cylinder.
    • The backdrop Template "Interior Sky Starfleet 01" now works with the Utopia Planitia map.
    • Updated the Utopia Planitia Foundry Map template.
      • Removed the glass doors.
      • Replaced the abominable starship with a single Nova class.
      • Added the Utopia Planitia backdrop template to the Foundry.
    • Dialog popups can no longer be set to "Objective Complete".
      • This unintended feature never actually functioned as expected.
      • They can use "Component Complete" instead".

See first post for Known Issues.

Wow, updates. Will these break existing missions? I think I have quite a few dialogues set to appear using obj complete.

This also eliminates the sector space trick.

I love it that we're getting updates, but some changes are big enough that a ton of missions may need to be redone.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Also;
    There is a new objective type: Dialog with Object.

I'm away from home for the next few days. Can someone tell me if there are object costumes for the dialogues?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for hitting so many items in the update especially the Transphasic torpedoes. :D Time for yellowy death for the enemies of the Empire.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Marvossk wrote:
    Thanks for hitting so many items in the update especially the Transphasic torpedoes. :D Time for yellowy death for the enemies of the Empire.

Oh it was a glorious battle in attack transports on tribble I was able to take a tactical b'rel captain in Enhanced Battle Cloak mode and disable all 6 freighters and take their cargo before the 2nd starfleet ship could warp in just using all transphasics.

Although on another topic of these patch notes regarding contraband I have a few issues I do not think I clearly touched on that need to be reviewed before this increase in contraband per turn in is put in.

#1. The feds cannot get anywhere near the amount of contraband a KDF player can get so its even punishing those people who prefer the federation even more in this regard.

#2. In regards to feds even though the slavers chance of contraband is so so small and even less than 1/4 of a percent chance and costing currently 15 turn ins for one hangar they do not even have something like this to get the contraband requirement thats being doubled.

#3. I can see the validity of doing it when some of us can get so much dilithium but in all due respect it was stated this system was designed to reward players based upon time played and it is not like I am playing 30 minutes a day with a multiple amount of KDF toons doing doff missions to get contraband it is taking an excessive amount of time to obtain it all. In which being working towards getting things with dilithium I can't stop this change but I do feel that if it is going to be increased I do believe there must be a tangible way to still acquire the contraband amounts I am spending time to get.

#4. Back on Slavers if there are not going to be more contraband missions for both sides due to this change I believe the rate in which you get contraband with the slavers is so low when people ask me if it is worth it to get them I tell them no because the rate is so low that most people are wasting their dilithium to get these pets for that.

#5. This is a long shot but I believe contraband should be rewarded more heavily due to this increase because of the fact for KDF players this was sort of our pro's vs con's of federation vs kdf in the doff system where they had refugees and we had contraband but its killing the purpose we have for it on the kdf where we do not see anything like this happening for the advantage federation side has on refugees.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Kirkfat wrote: »
    Wow, updates. Will these break existing missions? I think I have quite a few dialogues set to appear using obj complete.

This also eliminates the sector space trick.

I love it that we're getting updates, but some changes are big enough that a ton of missions may need to be redone.

Most of the changes will not cause existing missions to not automatically republish. However, there are a few things that will require the author to fix up their mission first.

We ran validation on the entire Holodeck Foundry project database, so we think/hope we've got a fairly good idea of what to expect with regard to any incompatibility issues.

It's also worth noting that the options we removed weren't actually functioning correctly, at least not consistently.

And to answer your question asked in a follow-up post, there is an option to set a headshot with Dialog with Object (it's under Advanced Dialog, once you create that objective). :)

EDIT: Just re-read your question -- currently there are no new headshot images available.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

EDIT: Just re-read your question -- currently there are no new headshot images available.

If we could use a generic fed, neutral, or klingon logo in place of a face, it would mean the world to us.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ok so using the Breen space set with the new transphasic shield penetration update makes them worth it now during testing I found transphasic torpedoes useful against the Borg Scimitar in Khimator Accord Normal.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The Foundry changes look good good except for the part about Dialogue pop-ups no longer being allowed to be set to Objective Complete. Yeah, it's not a change really in that it doesn't work now, but I'd have liked to see a fix rather than just having it removed.

The problem is you can't just substitute component complete, because sometimes the objective is a reach marker. And you can't always substitute component reached in that case, because that will trigger as soon as that area is entered, even if the objective to reach that area doesn't happen until later.

It's not like it changes anything as we've already had to use workarounds, but this still disappoints me.

Also has the incorrect Dialogue Pop-Up Objective In Progress error been fixed, or was that just removed too? Objective In Progress actually worked fine in testing, it just wouldn't allow testing due to that erroneous error message.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Sometimes it's the little things. Looks fantastic.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    CptBANG wrote: »
    one word for this,
    and i think i speak for the complete DOFFJOBS community when i say this:

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

Sounds about right..

also..

Hoping the 40% makes transphasics awesome.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    [*]Lieutenant C’grash on DS9 will no longer be hostile to KDF players.

Nice, But when is someone going to do something about that mouthy B$%&H that is handling traffic control?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I admit, having Turn Over Contraband increasing from 3 to 5 is sorta sad. I enjoyed the relatively free dilithilum boost... but either way, it's still not much of an issue.

And all the Foundry changes look pretty good to me :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Nagorak wrote: »
    The Foundry changes look good good except for the part about Dialogue pop-ups no longer being allowed to be set to Objective Complete. Yeah, it's not a change really in that it doesn't work now, but I'd have liked to see a fix rather than just having it removed.

The problem is you can't just substitute component complete, because sometimes the objective is a reach marker. And you can't always substitute component reached in that case, because that will trigger as soon as that area is entered, even if the objective to reach that area doesn't happen until later.

It's not like it changes anything as we've already had to use workarounds, but this still disappoints me.

Also has the incorrect Dialogue Pop-Up Objective In Progress error been fixed, or was that just removed too? Objective In Progress actually worked fine in testing, it just wouldn't allow testing due to that erroneous error message.

Well... I did already have to use some invisible walls that'd disappear as the game progressed - otherwise people wouldn't get to read their dialogs. Just do the same, but make the dialogs come AFTER the walls. Piece of cake! :D

I'm more worried about the rumors stating that "This Component Complete" and "Objective In Progress" will also die out :(
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I don't see the Utopia Planitia backdrop in the foundry editor. Am I overlooking it or is it not actually in there?