test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - June 7, 2012

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120603a.3

EDIT: 6/8, added a known issue.

General:
  • The tab for Bridge Officers purchased in the C-Store is once again present for Klingons.
  • Resolved the issue with excessive bloom for locations in space.
  • Added a basic ambient sound to the tailor screen so it isn’t dead silent.
  • Lieutenant C’grash on DS9 will no longer be hostile to KDF players.
  • The minimap and map image for Earth Spacedock has been updated.
  • Updated the bridge on the Odyssey to resolve some slight texture issues.
  • Updated the hull icon for the Vor’Cha variants and the K't’inga.
  • Resolved more instances when KDF players might have seen an incorrect Bridge Officer portrait in a dialog.
  • Resolved issues with purchasing additional Foundry project slots.
  • Explosions from grenades or mines no longer cause combat rolling to malfunction.

Duty Officers:
  • Slot icons on "Repel Jem'Hadar Raid on Local Installation" assignment are no longer missing.
  • Handcrafted Privateer Ferengi duty officers are now properly tradeable.
  • Fixed grammatical issues in outcome text of "Infiltrate Oron Syndicate" assignment.
  • Significantly increased number of special rewards, particle traces and Strange Artifacts, for critical outcomes of Recover/Appropriate assignments in hostile sector blocks.
    • Sirius for KDF and Omega Leonis sector for Fed.
  • Increased required Contraband inputs for "Turn Over Confiscated Contraband" from 3 to 5 and increased the duration of the assignment from 2 hours to 4 hours.
  • Significantly increased damage and health of consumable deployable space turrets and torpedo platforms gained from duty officer assignments.
  • Increased Transphasic Torpedo and Mine shield penetration from 20% to 40%.
  • Updated Nausicaan Assault Squad Officer defector duty officer who was incorrectly marked as one rank lower than his actual rank.
    • This also was erroneously making him available for Personnel Reassignments.

No-Win Scenario:
  • The two nebulae that were causing performance issues have been removed.
  • Placeholder V.O. has been replaced with Starfleet and KDF versions.
    • By the way if you are having trouble hearing these, boost the volume for “Notifications Volume” in your Options-Audio U.I.
      • Boosting Options-Audio-“Voice Volume” won’t affect the majority of the voice updates in the mission.
  • You receive the rewards for this mission after every wave automatically.
    • At the moment they are set to a small amount of dilithium.
      • The amount of dilithium you are rewarded depends on the wave you have just completed.
    • The rewards have not been updated yet in this version.
    • Rewards will be updated before this mission goes to Holodeck, and they will include the “Fleet Marks” mentioned in the Massively article.
  • The mission is available to players any time they wish to group up and play.
    • There will also be scheduled events that boost the rewards if the mission is completed during that specific time window.
  • Mission Start Up has been changed slightly.
    • The mission was originally set to start after everyone on the team had signaled the transport.
    • The mission now requires only one person to signal the transport to begin.
      • After the transport has been signaled there is a 60 second timer before the first wave begins.
        • You can see this timer in the mission tracker start to count down after the transport has been signaled.
  • Mission Difficulty / Expectations:
    • Wave 1 of the mission is now where Wave 4 of the mission was previously in the difficulty curve.
    • Wave 1 through Wave 5 – are designed for random PUGs through the PVE Queue.
      • The expectation is that the mission will take these types of teams 15-20 min and the rewards per wave will be adjusted to reflect this.
      • Completing Wave 3 – Pretty much everyone who plays.
      • Completing Wave 4 – 60- 70% of Random PUG groups on Holodeck.
      • Completing Wave 5 – 25-35% of Random PUG groups
        • Basically a little harder than your normal Elite STF Mission.
      • While the mission is on Tribble it will be balanced so that Waves 1-5 are as close to the metrics above as possible.
    • Wave 6 through Wave 10 – These waves are designed for pre-made teams and people that play together often.
      • They exist to provide a challenge to players / teams who want that extra amount of challenge.
      • These waves are not about the rewards, in fact it will be much better for the players, time-wise, to start again after Wave 5 if you are only going for the “Fleet Marks”.
      • These last 5 waves are made specifically for pre-made / very experienced teams all using the best possible gear available.
      • While the mission is on Tribble, it will be balanced so that Waves 6 -7 are where even the most experienced players in STO start to have difficulty completing these Waves.
      • A very good team who plays together often should have trouble getting past Wave 6 and few if any should get past Wave 7 while on Tribble.
        • GLHF Sad Pandas.
  • Beginning with Wave 4 a new enemy type starts to showing up with each Wave, a Bio-Neural Warhead Platform.
    • This new turret platform fires anywhere from 1-4 Bio-Neural Torpedoes that are targeted on the Transport.
    • The turrets are placed 20K from the Transport so there is time to destroy the Torpedoes before they reach the Transport and detonate.
      • In fact this is exactly what you will want someone on your team to be doing as it only takes roughly two torpedoes to destroy the Transport completely.
    • The Turret and the Torpedoes it fires are smart though and will protect themselves, so be prepared.
    • Warhead Platforms will start showing up with Wave 4, with one Platform firing 2 Torpedoes at a time.
      • By Wave10 there will be four Platforms firing 4 Torpedoes at a time.
    • This is a new enemy type, so it may need to be tweaked a few times before the mission goes to Holodeck.
      • Please leave feedback in the thread as Gozer will be paying close attention.
  • The "attrition" timer for the player death penalty has been removed.
    • This means if you hit the 3:00 timer your respawn time will continue to be 3:00 until the mission is complete.
  • Feedback thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=271569

Missions:
  • Updated Cold Comfort so the mission is no longer unwinnable after using the incorrect analgesic.
  • Keep Your Enemies Closer has been updated so that the enemies require the player to be closer before they’re engaged.
  • Corrected spelling of "vortex" in mission tracker on Khitomer Accord-Space.
  • Upon exiting the Vault, the Open Mission correctly updates to the last mission stage.
  • The Report to Gamma Orionis mission no longer displays incorrect waypoints

Systems:
  • Added Sensor Analysis to Vulcan Tal’Kyr Auxiliary craft.
  • Cryo Grenade consumables will no longer fail to activate when using the last charge in a stack.
  • Resolved various typographical issues in Diplomatic Immunity power.

UI:
  • The next and back buttons have been removed from the fleet emblem editor.
  • Made double-clicking on an event in the overview tab open up the details window.
    • The details window now has functionality to rsvp directly.
  • Updated space weapon tooltips so they are formatted more prettily when multiple ship class categories are allowed.
  • Waypoints on the minimap now scale correctly.
  • Need or Greed overhead notifications are now disabled by default.
    • They may be re-enabled via the notification settings.
  • Updated the skillpoint display so it’s more attractive en francais.
  • When switching between Categories in the commendation Duty Officer store, there is no longer an issue with various duty officer specialization text ceasing to display.
  • It’s now possible to start a search for Foundry projects by author by hitting the Enter button after inputting the author’s name.
  • The journal has been updated so that the header for Supplemental entries no longer overlaps the text of the entry.
  • The minimap + and - button zoom functions now work properly on the Qo'noS: First City map.
  • Skill results values should now display to nearest tenth, rather than nearest whole number.
  • The message displayed when you gain a new level has been updated with the new level names and numbers.

Known Issues:
  • Foundry: Not specifying a door for the first map transition is an error, but doesn’t result in an unfinished task.
  • Foundry: The camera position for contacts is incorrect.
  • There are portions of floor missing in Drozana and Treasure Trading Station.
  • Foundry: Attempting to preview a dialog results in a client crash.
    • It's still possible to preview dialogs by previewing the map or the mission.
  • Foundry mission search is temporarily disabled.
    • The editor is still accessible, however.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Foundry:
    • The Foundry editor has been re-opened!
    • There are some projects that will need to be edited before they can be republished, but most of them will auto-republish just fine.
    • Multi-select has been added!
      • Left-click now defaults to multi-select.
        • This is changeable in the Map menu.
      • Middle-click and space+left-click pan the map.
    • There are additional behaviors available for contacts and NPC groups.
      • Have fun!
    • The controls in the costume editor have been updated.
    • Image previews for ground objects and contacts are now in 3D.
      • It’s a known issue that some of the image previews are cropped incorrectly for contacts.
    • Mission flow has been changed.
      • Rather than having map transitions created automatically, an author needs to manually place them.
      • All objectives must be placed on a map.
      • Maps cannot be placed inside Complete Alls.
      • There is a new objective type: Dialog with Object.
    • Added the ability to have no interact time for interact objectives.
    • The name displayed in the reticle for interact objects is now labeled with the actual name specified for that object in the map editor.
      • Boy that was hard to explain.
    • The preview image for some of the alien artifacts no longer includes a bounding cylinder.
    • The backdrop Template "Interior Sky Starfleet 01" now works with the Utopia Planitia map.
    • Updated the Utopia Planitia Foundry Map template.
      • Removed the glass doors.
      • Replaced the abominable starship with a single Nova class.
      • Added the Utopia Planitia backdrop template to the Foundry.
    • Dialog popups can no longer be set to "Objective Complete".
      • This unintended feature never actually functioned as expected.
      • They can use "Component Complete" instead".

See first post for Known Issues.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    psst

"The message displayed when you grain a new level has been updated with the new level names and numbers."

When do we grain levels? :p
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Increased Transphasic Torpedo and Mine shield penetration from 20% to 40%.
    about time.... this could get fun
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Askray wrote: »
    psst

"The message displayed when you grain a new level has been updated with the new level names and numbers."

I don't even know what you're talking about. You just totally made up that typo.

*whistles innocently*

;)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    psst

Just before harvesting dilithium, I suppose.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    ...all good fixes but I was hoping that this was the update where we get to play with fleet starbases on tribble. Oh well, maybe next time!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    wow, that is a great list to say Thank You for the Fixes to over 9000 times.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I don't even know what you're talking about. You just totally made up that typo.

*whistles innocently*

;)
    Gah I must of had a copy/paset fail *sighs* it's been one of those days

Nice ninja act =P
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Gah I must of had a copy/paset fail *sighs* it's been one of those days

Nice ninja act =P

paste*

/10char
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    another huge download. well over 1.5 gig to add to the earlier 3 gig.

unless its going over some old files something big is getting added in there. hopefully it will get unlocked soon. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Cuatela wrote:
    Just before harvesting dilithium, I suppose.

It's a growth industry.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    another huge download. well over 1.5 gig to add to the earlier 3 gig.

unless its going over some old files something big is getting added in there. hopefully it will get unlocked soon. :)

I was thinking the same thing as I was downloading the patch. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Foundry:
    • Replaced the abominable starship with a single Nova class.

NOOOOOOOO What about the U.S.S. Thundercougarfalconbird.... I ... I wants one... Please Zero.. Or Tumerboy... Pretty please *Bats eye lashes* hehehe

In all seriousness though... Awesome update it seems for the foundry... I'm patching to tribble as we speak...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Increased required Contraband inputs for "Turn Over Confiscated Contraband" from 3 to 5 and increased the duration of the assignment from 2 hours to 4 hours.

one word for this,
    and i think i speak for the complete DOFFJOBS community when i say this:

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Oh... My ... God...

FOUNDRY IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...
    *Feels like a little kid again*

This is soo cool....
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    -Increased Transphasic Torpedo and Mine shield penetration from 20% to 40%.

woah, like holy TRIBBLE. this will be very interesting, a total of 50% bleed will actually be worth using i think. the npc that use it though, like the breen, they should proboly keep their 30%, their torpedoes already deal 10 times as much damage as ours do.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    One thing I noticed - you said that the Utopia Planitia backdrop (i.e. Mars) has been put into the Foundry, but I can't actually find it anywhere.

Other than that, the Foundy updates are pretty amazing.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Need or Greed overhead notifications are now disabled by default.

They may be re-enabled via the notification settings.

and for this i'll have to say

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

2 years of green need or greed UI text spam GONE :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    CptBANG wrote: »
    one word for this,
    and i think i speak for the complete DOFFJOBS community when i say this:

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

Agreed, it was nice for those oft played alts
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    •Need or Greed overhead notifications are now disabled by default.
    ◦They may be re-enabled via the notification settings.

Just FYI - I saw no such 'notification settings' to re-enable these in the options (and I checked them all from Basic to Video. Am I missing something or did those settings not make it into the UI on this iteration?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    [*]Added Sensor Analysis to Vulcan Tal’Kyr Auxiliary craft.
    :confused:

What a strange thing to add to the support craft.

The craft was designed as a low damage ship

It main role is to heal its allies and it can’t even do that well, unless you think 1-2% heal is good.

You would think that this support craft would be its opposite from an attack craft.

Meaning that it would give enough heal to its allies to become a threat and would need to be taken out.

Due to its low hull it cannot be used successfully in Advanced or Elite PvE and is useless in normal PvE because the NPC don’t do enough damage to require its use,
    and with the – 25 crew and 3min cool down it make this craft rather useless as a support craft.

What would be nice is if its hull was increased by at least 50% and what would be even better is
    if it had extend shields 2 instead of 1 and the SIF hull heal would be equal to hazard emitters 2

Well that’s my 2 cents on this.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Was plaing to leave STO becouse no Story content this help a lot. Plain to give game another chance..
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    These foundry updates are excellent, and half of them aren't even in the patch notes:

Just to name a few:

You can now put titles over people's portraits in dialogue boxes.
    Dialogue boxes and the mission description box now have character limit counters.
    The map object limit is up to 475, with the building limit up to 64.
    You can now sort your map objects by type, name, usage and unfinished task.
    There's now 1 name for npcs and objects, instead of 1 name that only the author sees and one that the player sees.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Is the state of Tribble as such that we should start characters from scratch? Or will Holodeck characters copy alright to Tribble?
  • Options
    edited June 2012

General:
    • Updated the hull icon for the Vor’Cha variants and the K't’inga.

Any fixes for the K'Tinga's Warp Nacelle glow that's been missing for 2 years? :confused:

[*]Increased Transphasic Torpedo and Mine shield penetration from 20% to 40%.

About time you listened to me. ;)
    Cryo Grenade consumables will no longer fail to activate when using the last charge in a stack.

No Grenade Counter?

Foundry:

No Fix for the CTDs when clicking on the object to transfer to the next map while at Red Alert

Bio Neural Warhead:

BTW, any fixes for the Bio Neural Warhead not working with the Torpedo Button?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm wondering if damage of transphasics will be reduced and if it will be able to be used to keep up with cannon builds like plasma can for ships like the b'rel.

Also the contraband thing I could agree with it being 4 hour intervals... but the increase to 5 contraband per turn in... that 2 extra contraband is kinda rough when the cool downs are usually around 2 days especially for freighters are just barely give enough if you do not fail those missions. I am just wondering if the contraband rewards will be adjusted for those of us who go out on a daily basis and search those out on 10+ or more toons. Average per toon seems to be about 5-15 every other day and with this setup you would really be turning in every other day to max cap if you got crits on every contraband rewarding mission.

The only other issue I have relating to contraband is those slavers are pretty high in dilithium but are not exactly working out as an investment there I've done some math on basically killing over 1000 npcs over the course of a few hours getting around 12 contraband out of thats very very very low odds that should be turned up as an alternate course of action to getting contraband.

Edit: One small note on the contraband issue is for the amount of time being invested to keep this up of having multiple avenues of legit ways to accumulate contraband if it is indeed going up to 5 and the timer doubled... A good example is turning pi canis more into what most mmorpgs have as dungeons or whatever or even new patrols like it involving marauding of freighters and such where contraband can be beamed out of freighters cargo and even getting contraband from finishing the bravo sortie. I like the doff system and how contraband has made it very appealing but I also would like to play the other aspects of the game and get what I need out of it too :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    wow, i see a lot of things requested by the community.. thats something i like !
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    GLHF Sad Pandas.

Challenge accepted ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Well I did just spend many hours testing this transphasic update out and it is so awesome. It is so much better that the b'rel pilots are no longer limited to high end science setups to be able to use the b'rel thanks to this... and here is hoping it makes it into the patch as is or I wouldn't complain if it had a little bit more shield penetration but I'll take it as it is :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Good to hear transphasic torps are not a waste of time anymore. thanks for that.

Foundry

The changes to the layout are a little confusing at first but it should not not too long for players to work out whats what now. seemed an unnecessary change but i guess there is some logic behind it.

Using a cryptic map (The social zones) on the storyboard it allowed my to drag a kill encounter onto the map. As there are no kill encounters ever going to happen on a cryptic map, surely that should not be allowed to avoid confusing. In fact the cryptic map option is a little confusing. Perhaps namaing it social zone would be better?

the little 3D preview of an image is most welcome. you can zoom in and out and rotate it around to see what it is. I love that. thank you. the undine did not show up on the preview and targs are too close to the camera.

I had trouble placing a pop up first when the storyboard was empty. It seemed i needed to place a map on the storyboard first before it would l;et me go back and place a pop up before. its not a major problem but it was annoying and at first confusing.

I am a little worried that contacts no longer seem to have any wander options. I had used contacts to fill up the maps with some life. if they are static that will affect old missions and limit what we can do with them. I know it can be a pain to have a player give a contact some text and then have it move away from the player but I'd like to see wander added back in. EDIT - Problem solved on this one. the option is there just not as obvious at first glance.