What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 23, 2012

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    edit never mind. branflakes answered it already.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    May hang around for while the stuff in not gated..
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    LtSmith wrote:
    This better stay like this when it launches on Holodeck I am getting very annoyed of the gated content as a player since launch this gets very frustrating. I myself still have never been able to try the Vault 5 man shuttle event because it is gated and I have never been on while it has a run time.

I do seem to remember those good 'ol days when you played the games you liked when you wanted to, and not when they tell you to.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    • Updated the in-game event calendar:
      • Removed the Crystalline Entity event.
      • The Federation and KDF Academy events have been merged into one timeslot.
      • The Federation and KDF Mirror events have been merged into one timeslot.

This would leave room for other events to appear more frequently in the rotation. Was that the point?
    Fleets:
    • Fleets can now transfer leadership from their Leader if their Leader has not logged in within 30 days.
      • This is done through a "Claim Leadership" button that will appear on the bottom of the Fleet Roster for the highest ranking members of the Fleet that have been active within 30 days.

I understand that other platforms do something similar. Can we assume the previous Fleet Leader simply swaps rank with whoever used the "Claim Leadership" button? In other words, this action doesn't automatically kick the previous Leader from the roster. Am I correct? Does the action generate a timestamped event for the roster to view?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    good to see the pve button back on the mini map as well.

i also found a new doff chain. a ten part mission starting off with some caitian diplomatic conference.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    did the colony one, that was good.

the no win was very fun. got to round 7 then got slaughtered. the bloom in that system needs looking at, and the queue says level 51 not 50

didnt help that we had 4 cruisers and a dinky sci vessel and grav well was taking 50+ secs to cd:D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Fleets:

[*]Fleets can now transfer leadership from their Leader if their Leader has not logged in within 30 days.
    • This is done through a "Claim Leadership" button that will appear on the bottom of the Fleet Roster for the highest ranking members of the Fleet that have been active within 30 days.

Is this a temporary situation until the leader logs back on - or is it a permanent action that cannot be reversed? Also, I would like to know, if possible, if this is account-based logins or specific character login frequency.

Great job on the new content !! I cannot wait to play it !!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Cuatela wrote:
    As someone who owns a couple fleets, I don't like this at all.

1. If it ever bugs, fleets will be stolen left and right.

2. If this isn't based on account login, then a character can have the fleet stolen even if the player himself is still active (within the fleet itself).

I hope you guys add a lot more than just "inactive for 30 days"

It seems as though the feature is only available to the second position down in the fleet, in our case the exec offifers, and this should go without saying, but you should no double only be promoting people to that position that you trust.
    It would also apear that as you know you can share ownership and as long as the other owner is active the action to claim leadership won't work.
    And finally it appars that the person claiming leadership doesn't automatically kick the old learder, which is good for one of the fleets i know where the owner was called away to active duty and hasn't/can't be in touch to promote someone else.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    removal of CE i better see if my fleet and I can get that done before its gone off holodeck
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So will you be raising the level cap in S6? I just got promotion mission from Admiral Quinn and he seems to think you are...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    V-Mink wrote:
    Some very welcome additions. I VERY much like that the two new special missions are not time gated!

Alas, Crystalline Entity... we hardly knew ye. Actually, we knew you very well, as did the griefers.

Some very interesting and positive things in these notes. Thank you, Bran. =)

I would not count on them staying non time gated when they go live, I hope they do stay non time gated, but well you know... ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Aevn wrote:
    So will you be raising the level cap in S6? I just got promotion mission from Admiral Quinn and he seems to think you are...

Ooooh, intriguing :eek:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sounds like some good stuff. Quality of life improvements are always welcomed. I look forward to seeing the new VFX too, I hope they're snazzy. I like the sound of the No Win Scenario instance, sounds quite challenging. Good to have some new content to participate in, will these instances also be rewards EDC and end-game loot as well?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    while I APPLAUD YOU... i am clapping so loud they can hear it in Alpha centauri!!!!.... for reducing the gated missions......

MY issue is that you have Fed/KDF at the SAME TIME. So now I will miss one on a toon everyday. Since they were staggered you could do Mirror with Klingons, then Fed.

May I suggest that you do 3 events each hour. You could do KDF Mirror, Fed Acadamy, and one of these dunb craft/scan anomolies things. At least then you could get something on both factions....

But frankly most of that gated content just needs to go away. There are days when its 5-6 of TRIBBLE I just wont do and miss something I might. Just rotate all the stuff every 3-4 hours.

Am i the only one who doesnt do most of the gated missions. Crytsal thing puts ne to sleep afetr 15 minutes and I leave. I dont do the acadamy thing. I have never scanned an anomlie and to be honest wish they would vanish from the game. I cant figure out the point of the Defara and the loot is below anything I have and its a pian to clear inventory to collect all the junk it forces you to. I dont craft. But it should be a red flag that you have to have an EVENT to get people to craft. Getting an additional data chip is a waste of gated slot IMO. Only hards core cpmpletist care about those.

I do the vault but I know many people dont bother. Seems like all we do is Mirror and Tour. The rest is just filler until the next event.

Really the gated stuff should just go bye bye. Or at least add worthwhile missions so people always have something to do when they log in
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Angelus214 wrote: »
    removal of CE i better see if my fleet and I can get that done before its gone off holodeck

lol... i honestly dont think since Beta I've ever completed it. Not because its too hard but I have a 20 minute tolerence for it before I become utterly bored and just zone.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I tried to edit the MACO uniform on Tribble.

The error codes that prevent me editing my KDF Trill BOFF kept popping up.

So I went over to the KDf side and tested out if I could change her appearance.

And then something odd happened.

Somehow, the game latched onto my Orion Tac Boff's costume settings and transferred them to the Trill when I attempted to edit her shirt!

I checked the Console Code and it's even linking to the name of the outfit!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    We shall test, and we shall see.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    super tank challange is out the window , its not bout your survival , it is about protecting a npc, every one can never die during the mission and still fail. think about your worst cure space elite- prepare for similar problems
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    • Removed the Crystalline Entity event.
    • The Federation and KDF Academy events have been merged into one timeslot.
    • The Federation and KDF Mirror events have been merged into one timeslot.
    [*]Any large ships that make it into the Vault event will be booted out.
    [/LIST]

Clarification, you just getting rid of the CE event off the calander and not the CE itself? Because people are making like you're getting rid of the CE altogether. If so, it would be a bad move, just tweek it back to the original version.

As for the Federation and KDF Academy events at the same time - why?

This is punishing people who play the Academy Events on their Federation and KDF characters. Now they have to make a choice to work on DL on their Federation or KDF character, not both.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I can't find the Colony Mission in the PvE queue. What am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I can't find the Colony Mission in the PvE queue. What am I doing wrong?

Don't take this the wrong way, but:

Ar you sure you logged into the Tribble server; and not the Holodeck, or the Redshirt server?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Walshicus wrote:
    Play as a Federation character?

Sorry, I just think if you re-read what you wrote you'll be a little embarassed... :S

I play with my fed most of the time, but i have a fully developed klink, which is in a tri-alliance. Id like to have the ability to fight alongside my fed allies, instead of just against them, throughout the game. ATM, I can only play alongside them in certain scenarios and missions.

And I would also like to see less focus on the Fed side for now and more on the KDF.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    HOLY TRIBBLE - K7 has changed dramatically. It's not in the patch notes, did I miss this is a previous update?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    biglcny wrote: »
    HOLY TRIBBLE - K7 has changed dramatically. It's not in the patch notes, did I miss this is a previous update?

k7 changed to a real ugly state long before. season 4 i think.

together with ESD they totally screwed them all up.

Why? Because the environments and scenarios should be a simple as possible to reach EVERY single player even those who run an old 486 system so they can still play the game! (and which are too dumb to lower the graphics settings of the game)

And the big ugly signs they made is for people that cannot afford glassses and really need em.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Fleets can now transfer leadership from their Leader if their Leader has not logged in within 30 days.

This is done through a "Claim Leadership" button that will appear on the bottom of the Fleet Roster for the highest ranking members of the Fleet that have been active within 30 days.

WORST IDEA EVER :mad:. Either it needs to be removed completely or have it as an option which should be a fleet leader's decision.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    UI:
    • WASD keys can now be used to control the scanning and mining minigames.

PLEASE make sure to add a way to disable this behavior. I do NOT like the idea of losing control of my ship until I finish the scanning minigame.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Armsman wrote: »
    Don't take this the wrong way, but:

Ar you sure you logged into the Tribble server; and not the Holodeck, or the Redshirt server?

No offense taken. I'm on Tribble. I've figured out my problem though. My filter was set to space only, so the colony mission wasn't showing up.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    SatansHell wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings about some of these updates. For instance, what is stopping someone inviting some peeps to an stf, then kicking everyone before the loot drops?

Because the kick is only allowed during the queue, as stated in the notes.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Finally a major patch. :) Looking forward to at least see it on Tribble. :)