Install Arc
Options

to all you exchange users...

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    TF-Omega wrote: »
    I will never ever purchase any item or equipment on the exchange for more than 20 million ECs.... ever!

A 2% increase in ___base___ phaser power for for a tactical phaser relay console does not justify a difference of 43 million between a very rare mk XI and very rare mk xii

Just sayin'.......supply and demand does not counter common sense. sorry

I know there are fools out there who may purchase it.... but not this fool ^^

That is all.

I have used the exchange before for selling items,at face value or under that.
    I notice there are many very greedy players that sell items at extortionately high prices,and i would like to see the game developers stop that. Selling items should be face value or under that.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    chaz200565 wrote:
    I notice there are many very greedy players that sell items at extortionately high prices,and i would like to see the game developers stop that. Selling items should be face value or under that.

Thats a sure way to kill the economy. The "face value" of something has very little to do with its actual value in gameplay. Do you really think a mark XI field generator (+18% shield capacity) is worth the same as a mark XI biofunction monitor just because the face value on them are the same? If a system like what you propose is implemented, the items that are 'good' will essentially disappear overnight as people buy them all up. The market becomes distorted as many items go into shortage or are not available to be bought at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    chaz200565 wrote:

Hehe... Good joke right there...

Dev's manageing prices... So basically what you are saying is that you don't want items on the exchange... If that is so, why not just simply stay away from the exchange...

Don't want to pay my pice? Go grind the gear yourself... I am sure not gonna grind it for you, just to let you slack around and then get the gear that took me hours to get for nothing at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I appreciate you have to make some credit from what you sell,but please not at extortionate high prices
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Here's common sense regarding exchange prices.

Every day people complain about the EC sellers spamming, guess what, they're there because of the greed thats shown by those who post items for over 10million. Get real with the economy and the spammers will leave. This counts for lock box items as well such as the Galor and the D'Kora, yes they are very rare items however it doesn't justify 700mill for the D'Kora and 100mill for the Galor, all day long the system chat is spamming <name> got the <ship> so it isn't that rare.

Reminds me of the greed shown in other MMOs.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I have noticed that some of the pricing in the exchange appears, at least on the surface, to be the work of paranoid schizophrenics and hardened crack users. However, those items don't sell and are good for a giggle now and again. No harm, no foul.

If you wanted to place a bit of control over it (though I, for one, am generally against superfluous rule-making) you could charge a small fee for listing items in the exchange. Say, 5% of the asking price when it is posted. If fleet star bases are indeed in the works and they are to have exchanges on them this could be an option for the fleet to generate energy credits for their internal use. THAT would be interesting and, in the end, more or less self-regulating.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sales tax takes the money out of the Game (infact we should all be paying MORE tax in the real world as well)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    sollvax wrote:
    Sales tax takes the money out of the Game (infact we should all be paying MORE tax in the real world as well)

I pay 42%... That enough for ya...? (If not, open the phonebook and look up the nearest mental institution).
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The more tax you pay the better.
    Frankly if people got respect for tax paying not for being "Rich" the world would be a better place.

No one is more important than the whole.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    sollvax wrote:
    Frankly if people got respect for tax paying not for being "Rich" the world would be a better place.

I belive you are simply trying to provoke a argument here... either that or you don't pay taxes yourself...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Like all people I pay taxes
    And I would pay MORE if Asked.
    As long as it was not used to fund any more stupid pointless Windfarms or Wars.

You see money is there for the purpose of making the world a better place.
    Should be the same here.

If everyone donated say Half their credits to charity or paid it in taxes then everyone would be happier.

Rich people are usually miserable people.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    sollvax wrote:

Should be the same here.

If everyone donated say Half their credits to charity or paid it in taxes then everyone would be happier.

You really belive that taxes make the world a better place?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yes Taxes are a good thing.
    I believe in Democracy but also in no representation without taxation.

Each of us has a duty to contribute to the good of the whole.
    And the richer you are the more you can contribute.

May seem a bit odd but then we are all different.
    I have no problem with paying my share or more than my share.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Wow! In reading through this thread I've never seen people take a game so seriously. I think the lunatics have definitely taken over the asylum. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Antaran wrote: »
    Every day people complain about the EC sellers spamming
    For the record, since F2P launched I haven't seen a single EC seller advertising in the social zones or sector blocks like they used to back at launch.
    The merits of a welfare system fall apart in an online game where acquiring energy credits (without even capitalizing on the high prices on the exchange) is ridiculously **** easy.

Just because I know how to acquire worthless EC doesn't mean I should be "taxed" and have that EC distributed to people who don't or are unwilling to.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    would a bid system work better? I can offer a bid for an item ant if a item comes in at that price or lower the system fill the order, I pay my price and the seller gets what i paid for it even if he offers it for less.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I will never ever purchase any item or equipment on the exchange for more than 20 million ECs.... ever!

A 2% increase in ___base___ phaser power for for a tactical phaser relay console does not justify a difference of 43 million between a very rare mk XI and very rare mk xii

That is all.

There are plenty of ways in this game to make 100's of millions of EC in a short period of time ^^
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    dojihajime wrote:
    would a bid system work better? I can offer a bid for an item ant if a item comes in at that price or lower the system fill the order, I pay my price and the seller gets what i paid for it even if he offers it for less.

It would set the marked more realisticly...

Lets say I have a Mk 21 Anti-proton Mag (i know... it dosen't exist... thats why I choose it).

I want to sell it, and I'd really like at least 100,000,000 for it.

So I put it up for auction, for 100,000,000 and the bidding starts.

Buyer one offers 40 EC for it... Buyer two offers 1000... and so on untill no one wants to bid higher... lets say the price settles at 1,000,000 ...

Then that IS the marked price... That is the max someone is willing to pay for it, so I, as the seller has to decide if my goals were realistic and sell it for that price, or simply take it down from the auction.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    sollvax wrote:

sollvax wrote:

Should be the same here.

sollvax wrote:
    Yes Taxes are a good thing.
    I believe in Democracy but also in no representation without taxation.

May seem a bit odd but then we are all different.
    I have no problem with paying my share or more than my share.

You are getting way off topic here, and getting close to the point of being a political discussion. Getting back to the topic at hand, an exchange tax/fee wouldn't lower the prices. It will do two things. 1)The added cost will be added to the listed price. In other words, the cost would be passed along to the buyer. 2) It will encourage people to do transactions outside the exchange (ie spamming 'want to sell' messages in zone chat). Champions online has an exchange fee. This is exactly what happens over in that game.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    There are plenty of ways in this game to make 100's of millions of EC in a short period of time ^^

Not the point.... I'm not going to line someone's pockets for anything that costs over 20 million.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So... everyone who has problems with ridiculous prices on the exchange can boycott it and see how much those posters like posting their items over and over again. Then.. we'll see who wins :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So... everyone who has problems with ridiculous prices on the exchange can boycott it and see how much those posters like posting their items over and over again. Then.. we'll see who wins :)

If there is anything ive learned from cryptic, its for every one person who will boycott purchasing a piece of overpriced virtual junk, there will be 10 others happily willing to shell out the money/ECs.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The funniest thing about this thread: OP has never had over 20 million EC. and he never will.

He's just winging because he'll never have that TOP set of gear.
  • Options
    edited April 2012

The item posters... Why? Cause there's always soneone who buys...

Thoose snazzy AP Mags MK XII go for 50,000,000... was sold in less than 15 mins ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    seussified wrote: »
    The funniest thing about this thread: OP has never had over 20 million EC. and he never will.

He's just winging because he'll never have that TOP set of gear.

I have 26 million right now and still not buying anything close to 20 million. You need a new source of information.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    The item posters... Why? Cause there's always soneone who buys...

Thoose snazzy AP Mags MK XII go for 50,000,000... was sold in less than 15 mins ;)

can't reach everyone with the msg.... you found a buffoon.. congrats.
  • Options
    edited April 2012

That is all.

TF, you are aware that before they changed season 4 to 5, people would by Common Mk X Phaser Beam Arrays from the exchange for 50-60k right? They were for sale at the weapons vendor @ E.S.D. for 9,730 EC each. There are people who have no common sense, and those are the ones who pay stupidly high prices for items in the exchange.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    can't reach everyone with the msg.... you found a buffoon.. congrats.

It works like the Master keys: Someone will always be nuts enough to buy it...
  • Options
    edited April 2012

That is all.

I would not do this either. I don't even have 2 mil with the richest of my 2 chars ;)

Lets assume I have 900 mil EC. I would buy that very rare mk XII stuff. Would you?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    sollvax wrote:
    Ironically the whole basis of Trek is that money and profit no longer matter

...to Starfleet Officers who sit on their pretty ships and have everything handed to them via holodecks and replicators.

Fixed. :)

I played the oldschool FASA RPG. Profit and money still mattered to the rest of the Federation who had nothing to do with Starfleet.
    Oh, I totally agree. Once, I posted a purple Cardassian Technician for 50 mil... just to see if I could....
    Yet it sold the very next day. I celebrated like I hit the lottery!

I did the same thing with a VF Mk xii console. There was one other listed on the exhcnage for 70m. I jokingly listed it for 35m of half that. Sold in less than a minute. Paid for my attempt to make a torpedo boat.
This discussion has been closed.