test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Odyssey class now weak?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Federation Discussion
Just noticed today my same exactly configured Odyssey that I've been using since launch day, now suddenly damages way easier than before. Anyone else think the same thing? "All" NPC's damage me so much more than before it's quite stupid, somehow the patch did something, it needs to be fixed because this is just ridiculous. I haven't changed a thing with my spec or ship..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I just did a borg sector space encounter with my Odyssey, and handled everything fine. I even did one group solo. I generally find the sector space encounters to be tougher than others.

What were you fighting? Sometimes what works well for one set of enemies isn't so good with another.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Same things I usually fight, Borg NPC's and the NPC's from the episodes, which I replay regularly, there is a significantly noticeable difference, like one 3 torpedo volley from a D7 not only rips through my shields but now drops my hull down to 47% when it used to just drop my shields. Another instance was dying maybe once or twice against Borg in elite STF, and now dying 10+ times... Somehow the Ody is gimped, nothing has changed from my side of things, yet everything I play against does so much damage to me.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Gotta agree... I use to take on mobs no prob and barely weakened my shields and now I find my shields are dropping fast even against the weakest of enemies! I bought the new Tac Oddy to replace my Excelsior, but maybe time to go back to my Excelsior anyway. I also seem to do less damage now too...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    same here! I wonder what is so bad to change from maco MK XI to maco MK XII Shield, now i know why :mad:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Well. I'm sure this is a bug, I know the devs tend to break things and unnecessarily break/nerf ships, but I'm sure this is an accident, because what kind of joke would it be to have the flagship of the Federation getting its shields and hull torn through like they're made of wet paper. I highly recommend filing a ticket about it, I already have, and to any mods that may be reading this, FIX IT!, revert the C-store Ody to how it was before the patch and fix the error/nerf, I didn't pay 50 bucks for this TRIBBLE.

EDIT:, I'm sure it's a bug now, as the problem seems to be getting progressively worse. My ship appears to be able to take less and less damage over the course of the evening. The shields are wet paper, and the hull is made of glass it seems. This is just weird...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Are you perchance playing it on a difficulty higher than normal and not bothering to repair when you die? Or not repairing after ESTFs?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Did you:
    -Change your ships energy settings from shields to engine or weapons?
    -Did you retrain bridge officers?
    -Did you change your ships shields

And indeed; check your settings, perhaps it changed from normal to advance or elite? If you do the Borg PVE's; perhaps you clicked elite for a change?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    foorg wrote: »
    Did you:
    -Change your ships energy settings from shields to engine or weapons?
    -Did you retrain bridge officers?
    -Did you change your ships shields

And indeed; check your settings, perhaps it changed from normal to advance or elite? If you do the Borg PVE's; perhaps you clicked elite for a change?

Difficulty currently set to Normal

Energy settings are same as always were: 125, 80, 44, 44

Bridge officers are same as I used with the free Odyssey and the Excelsior.

Weapons all antiproton beams [CritH][Dmg]X2 and one forward and aft torpedoes.

Shields are same ones though less power since the Field Generator got nerfed.. Though even after that I was kicking butt without any major loss of shields and no loss of shields really against weak enemies.

Absolutely nothing has changed yet suddenly my ship sucks! Longer to destroy ships, way weaker shields, hull like tissue paper even with 54,602 hull, 53.9% bonus defense, 40 to 46% damage resistance for everything, and 199.2% hull repair rate! Also hazard emitters active and emergency power to weapons! My weapons power never drops below 100.

Also my crew goes from 2500 to about 500 within seconds against even the most pathetic of enemies that only take a few shots to kill!

Makes no sense as only been like this since last update of two.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    For me, I only play elite, and I know exactly what I'm doing. The Ody has been changed, and it needs to be fixed and put back to the way it was before.
    darcanis wrote:
    Difficulty currently set to Normal

Absolutely nothing has changed yet suddenly my ship sucks! Longer to destroy ships, way weaker shields, hull like tissue paper even with 54,602 hull, 53.9% bonus defense, 40 to 46% damage resistance for everything, and 199.2% hull repair rate! Also hazard emitters active and emergency power to weapons! My weapons power never drops below 100.

Also my crew goes from 2500 to about 500 within seconds against even the most pathetic of enemies that only take a few shots to kill!

Makes no sense as only been like this since last update of two.

Be sure to file a support ticket about this, it's important.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sometimes it seems to help to un- and reequip all ship consoles.

I encountered something like this after jumping into a shuttle for the Vault mission.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Megacharge wrote: »

For me, I only play elite, and I know exactly what I'm doing. The Ody has been changed, and it needs to be fixed and put back to the way it was before.

Since you know exactly what you are doing, please be specific: HOW has the Ody changed? Just saying "STO is harder than before" is kinda vague.

My suspicion is that the +35% --> +18% shield console nerf is allowing some builds that used to get to low shields to now drop to no shields and get hullshotted easily, but that's just a guess on my part.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    i say the Constitution Cruiser is weak cuz i have the most better sheilds on but still getting destroyed so easily that i cant use it
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I need to work on mine - I have the full Aegis set on it, but still get my backside handed to me a little too often. Probably my setup, but still....

I'd love the Omega set, particularly the shields, but don't seem to be able to complete Cure/Infected/Khitomer Elite in order to acheive this.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    all i got to figure out is why the constitution cruiser is getting destroyed faster than the other ships
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Everyone says it is week ship now it is out but it was so overpower when the numbers frist came out. What happen to +1 tier 5 ship kinda went boom
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sleeves wrote:
    Everyone says it is week ship now it is out but it was so overpower when the numbers frist came out. What happen to +1 tier 5 ship kinda went boom

well im better off using the exploration cruiser thats better
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Just noticed today my same exactly configured Odyssey that I've been using since launch day, now suddenly damages way easier than before. Anyone else think the same thing? "All" NPC's damage me so much more than before it's quite stupid, somehow the patch did something, it needs to be fixed because this is just ridiculous. I haven't changed a thing with my spec or ship..

It seemed fine to me, I was in game for four or five hours last night and it seemed normal. A combination of Normal and Elite missions seemed fine and I noticed no extra damage being taken.

This was with a Sci/ Defiant R, Tac/ Assault Cruiser and an Engineer/ Excelsior (both Commander).
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Militis wrote: »
    It seemed fine to me, I was in game for four or five hours last night and it seemed normal. A combination of Normal and Elite missions seemed fine and I noticed no extra damage being taken.

This was with a Sci/ Defiant R, Tac/ Assault Cruiser and an Engineer/ Excelsior (both Commander).

Right not so much helping with confirming the Oddy being right as rain but.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Right not so much helping with confirming the Oddy being right as rain but.

It's a ship. The chances of one of them being broken and the hundreds of others not being broken are slim, unless of course the NPCs have started specifically targeting Odyssey's too?

Just to clarify I briefly switched to an Odyssey (Sci/ Sci Odyssey) since my post and ran a couple of dailies and it seemed normal; pretty much invincible for PvE. The huge hull and shields combined with a resilient shield means that bleed through was barely even registering so I'm not sure what the OPs issue is/ was.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hey....I have an assault cruiser and I noticed that I couldn't tank as well too after last week's patch. What I did was unequip all my consoles and equipments and re-equip them....after that it was fine...I was able to tank well again. I'm not quite sure what it is...but there seems to be a bug in where your equipment powers don't work sometimes...you have to unequip and re-equip after you log in....then it is fine. Try it.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    AceJim wrote: »
    Hey....I have an assault cruiser and I noticed that I couldn't tank as well too after last week's patch. What I did was unequip all my consoles and equipments and re-equip them....after that it was fine...I was able to tank well again. I'm not quite sure what it is...but there seems to be a bug in where your equipment powers don't work sometimes...you have to unequip and re-equip after you log in....then it is fine. Try it.

I was exploding a lot today....thanks I'll give this a try.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    It's a ship. The chances of one of them being broken and the hundreds of others not being broken are slim, unless of course the NPCs have started specifically targeting Odyssey's too?

Just to clarify I briefly switched to an Odyssey (Sci/ Sci Odyssey) since my post and ran a couple of dailies and it seemed normal; pretty much invincible for PvE. The huge hull and shields combined with a resilient shield means that bleed through was barely even registering so I'm not sure what the OPs issue is/ was.

For a recent example of one being broken when everything else worked right:
    The mining event released, KDF players could not complete it, but Fed players could. That makes no sense. Surely if one group could complete it the other one should too. It's the same Mission for each side why would it work for one and not the other?

And somebody could have moved a decimal point on one of the four Odyssey hulls leaving a small percentage of people badly effected and everyone else normal. I'd almost say Cryptic have a track record for fixing one thing and breaking two every patch.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    And somebody could have moved a decimal point on one of the four Odyssey hulls leaving a small percentage of people badly effected and everyone else normal. I'd almost say Cryptic have a track record for fixing one thing and breaking two every patch.

No idea, I don't have the free Odyssey. The CStore variants all seemed fine though.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    No idea, I don't have the free Odyssey. The CStore variants all seemed fine though.

My Cstore variants don't seem fine... They are broken, not sure how yours aren't. What is your console setup, what exactly do you use on your +1 oddy?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    My Cstore variants don't seem fine... They are broken, not sure how yours aren't. What is your console setup, what exactly do you use on your +1 oddy?

Sci Odyssey, 8x Mk XI STF Phaser beam arrays, 3 pieces Borg and a Mk XII MACO shield. Consoles are as follows:

Engineering

3x Neutronium and 1x SIF Generator

Science

2x Field Generator, 1x Borg console and 1x Chevron Separation console

Tactical

2x Phaser Relay

It seemed fine earlier today when I ran a few STFs with it although I've no idea what it's like now as I got bored of the horrible turn rate and went back to the Defiant R. If anything the now working resistances meant it was even tougher than usual (even the Borg tachyon beams are useless now).

EDIT: Just quickly switched back to the Science Odyssey and ran Cure Space (normal) in it and it's fine, even with two Raptor's attacking it and a Cube trying to drain my shields it held up fine. Currently queued for Infected Space (elite) so I'll see how it fares there too but TBH it feels fine.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    my oddy gets destroyed in pve by borg elite in 2 to 3 shots so i say something is wrong , got mk xi maco setup and it seems useless tbh
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I use a tactical Ody, and I'dont use field generator. I use two bio-monitor console and I have full skill on flow and insulators.

My Ody still doing the same (or part of it, beacuse the additional tetryon damage fall from 50 to 37 with the last update)

Maybe, the key is on insulators skill and the effect of that on shields.

If I use both bio-monitors is beacouse i feel how my ody live longer if i recover the crew a decent rate,

On STF elite I die one time or two depends from gates (i always fight againts those at point range).

On that configuration from tac ody, I havent any armor console, but my officers always have work.

I also have the three special consoles on tac but I never use the aquarious, Saucer separation only to take bop from two cubes on the cure (kang service) and my work bee have work... sometimes lots of that.

I have the Operations Ody. full equip to tank but I like more the tac and doing more damage, even at less survivial cost.

Thanks to everybody for the fun, sorry for my bad english.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sci Odyssey, 8x Mk XI STF Phaser beam arrays, 3 pieces Borg and a Mk XII MACO shield. Consoles are as follows:

Engineering

3x Neutronium and 1x SIF Generator

Science

2x Field Generator, 1x Borg console and 1x Chevron Separation console

Tactical

2x Phaser Relay

It seemed fine earlier today when I ran a few STFs with it although I've no idea what it's like now as I got bored of the horrible turn rate and went back to the Defiant R. If anything the now working resistances meant it was even tougher than usual (even the Borg tachyon beams are useless now).

EDIT: Just quickly switched back to the Science Odyssey and ran Cure Space (normal) in it and it's fine, even with two Raptor's attacking it and a Cube trying to drain my shields it held up fine. Currently queued for Infected Space (elite) so I'll see how it fares there too but TBH it feels fine.

I only play elite, even my episode missions are all done on elite, so perhaps its just normal that is ok? I'm using 3 piece borg, +3 neutronium (recently swapped out to test different configs to no avail) and MACO XII shields as well, the the shields just melt like butter against pretty much any elite NPC, this wasn't the case before whatever the devs broke, everything was balanced, now it's just a slaughter fest every time I play.

I would say maybe it's the shields that are the issue, but then again, my hull is now butter as well so it only being a shield issue is not the case (besides, I also tested other shields as well, same result). It's just damn weird, wake up one day start playing and start getting slaughtered by ridiculously over powered NPC's. This just isn't right, something is broken somewhere, and as we can see from most of the other posters in here, I'm not the only one having this issue.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    reyan01 wrote:
    I need to work on mine - I have the full Aegis set on it, but still get my backside handed to me a little too often. Probably my setup, but still....

I'd love the Omega set, particularly the shields, but don't seem to be able to complete Cure/Infected/Khitomer Elite in order to acheive this.

Unfortunately the Aegis Set is fairly pathetic anymore these days. It is the reason you are being killed so easily.

However, I have noticed lately that the Elite Borg seem to be One-Shotting more than ever. Gates especially seem to be guilty of this with their Inviso-Torp of Doom. I am not sure why they are more vicious all of a sudden but they are. I've been blown away in the Bortasqu' from these several times recently through shields and all and it can generally handle EVERYTHING else with ease even the Tactical Cubes.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I only play elite, even my episode missions are all done on elite, so perhaps its just normal that is ok? I'm using 3 piece borg, +3 neutronium (recently swapped out to test different configs to no avail) and MACO XII shields as well, the the shields just melt like butter against pretty much any elite NPC, this wasn't the case before whatever the devs broke, everything was balanced, now it's just a slaughter fest every time I play.

Even on an Infected elite and a KA elite it was fine, the changes to the drain resists mean this thing just doesn't die now (Borg shield drains are easily ignored now). I'm not saying you don't have an issue but this one I'm using is fine.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I don't regularly use an Odyssey so I had to reclaim one from the CStore. Someone above mentioned removing and re equipping the consoles which obviously wouldn't be a problem for me, maybe that's the issue?