What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lockbox Item Trades

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    yes they are limited . no idea if they will be re-released into another lock-box , so its best to hold onto them
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    whipplor wrote: »
    yes they are limited . no idea if they will be re-released into another lock-box , so its best to hold onto them

cheers buddy
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Its no problem , if you have them unopened , saving them to sell would get you a huge profit , whereas if you heve the ships on your selection , you'll have some few will have :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I am looking for a jem'hedar attack ship. I am willing to trade c points via the cpoints card system. and a i also have a d'kora. anyone interested pm me please. thx
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    rhynobeatz wrote: »
    I am willing to trade c points via the cpoints card system.

That is not a secure trade and is not recommended. The person could take your c-points and not give you the ship. Cryptic will NOT help you if that happens - they won't even let you post the person's name on the Forums.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    That is not a secure trade and is not recommended. The person could take your c-points and not give you the ship. Cryptic will NOT help you if that happens - they won't even let you post the person's name on the Forums.

while that might be true. No one said they were looking from guarantees from cryptic. the way you do it so you dont get screwed is you only give half the code until you receive merchandise. thus protecting your investment but also showing them your serious. also you hang around to make sure their code activates. These side trades have been going on and everyone that I know that has done them has been successful because both paries are looking for the item or points not a problem or deception. Its all about knowing your buyer or seller. That being said there are thieves everywhere. The only ppl I know of that have screwed ppl over are the ones who sold the holoship to em in a secure trade or side trade as a real one. Shame on them for doing it. And, shame on the buyer for not knowing the difference. If gamers cant't be honest with other gamers, then its a sad day. So while I appreciate the warning. Karma is b*&^h and somone doing that might find themselves with lepracy the next day. So, in conclusion if anyone is looking for an honest deal, something we both can be happy with, and has faith in their own judgement of who theyre dealing with, pm me. Im still looking for a jem bug. Thanks
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Cpt_Duck wrote:
    ok next question - sorry i'm playing catch up here with all this new content (its been a year for me):

are the galor and the ferengi ships limited? meaning this time next year they will be even harder to get a hold of? if so I guess its worth holding on to the ones I have in my bank...

No way to know for sure, but I personally think with the steady stream of ships that will be appearing they will become less significant by comparrison.

The main draw for the Ferengi ship is the exchange access and its perfect for Doff players, but we are starting to hear rumours that it may just be a test bed and eventually all ships, or maybe the newer ships will all have it in which case it will lose its special status.

The Galor will stay valuable just for the weapons since people want them to use on other ships.

I suspect they will increase in value if for no other reason than there are plenty of collectors out there who will always want one even if they rarely if ever use it.

Thing is unlike the Bug ship the lock boxes for the Galor and the D'Kora will be arround for a very long time to come because many people have them stashed on dormant alts, so they will never be as rare as the Bug ship has become.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I have Five galor's Im trading for a Jem'hadar ship.
    Pm me if interested.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    shapey wrote:
    I have Five galor's Im trading for a Jem'hadar ship.
    Pm me if interested.

The last Bug ship I know of that sold went for something like 600 million and it is unlikely even if you found someone willing to sell you one that they would not know its value, so realistically unless you have x10 D'Kora/Galor in value, or 50,000 CP ($500) in cards to trade for one your not likely to get anyone to even consider it.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The last Bug ship I know of that sold went for something like 600 million and it is unlikely even if you found someone willing to sell you one that they would not know its value, so realistically unless you have x10 D'Kora/Galor in value, or 50,000 CP ($500) in cards to trade for one your not likely to get anyone to even consider it.

With the new 500 mill limit on exchange they have often been selling under that.

One sold for 450mill a week or so ago.

So 5 galors at 85mill average = 425million, not to far off the mark.
    (galors will only raise in price in the long run)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    All true. I made my first 500mil buying and selling galors and ferengi shuttles. I think I have met someone who wishes to sell me a bug so fingers crossed :cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    the way you do it so you dont get screwed is you only give half the code until you receive merchandise.

LOL if you only give half the code can you redeem it for half the points? :)

Half the code, even the entire code short one letter, is worthless.
    bs1.jpg 84.2K
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Stormnnorm wrote:
    LOL if you only give half the code can you redeem it for half the points? :)

Half the code, even the entire code short one letter, is worthless.

true

"here's half the code, now you give the ship" ship given
    "bye bye sucker!"

or they give the full code, but it was paid for with a Credit Card, they then refute the charges with the CC company (who always side with the holder of the card)

The C-store points you got are now removed from your account, and it may even be banned (not sure how cryptic handles that in this game, but in others that is what will happen)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    well the people who would think of ways to f up a perfectly good trade have revealed themselves as the people whom i would not trust to trade even if they had said goods. Much like an evil villian in a bad movie youve spelled out your plot to get foiled. Honest ppl need only reply and i'm sure theyll be smart enough not to do it in forums. Have fun isolating yourselves by always expecting the worst in ppl everyone.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    well the people who would think of ways to f up a perfectly good trade have revealed themselves as the people whom i would not trust to trade even if they had said goods. Much like an evil villian in a bad movie youve spelled out your plot to get foiled. Honest ppl need only reply and i'm sure theyll be smart enough not to do it in forums. Have fun isolating yourselves by always expecting the worst in ppl everyone.

Not everyone would, but the seller does not know that, and the seller would be the one taking 100% of the risk, even after the trade seems to have gone off smoothly.

so until Cryptic starts putting something like PLEX cards in STO For C-store points, there is no safe way for someone to trade an item for CP.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I've merged the "Jem'hadar attack ship" thread with the original "lockbox ship trades" thread.

I made an edit to the OP a while back which explains a specific rule you all need to be aware of, please review this rule.

Thanks,

Alecto
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Alecto wrote:
    As long as this thread's here to benefit the community, please make sure to read this significant forum rule, thank you. ~Alecto :)
    Sales and Trading
    You may not create posts and/or private messages that allude to, contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or imagery about and/or promote, advertise and/or otherwise support, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, the purchase, sale and/or trade of any account, character and/or other game asset for out of game assets.

So the short of it is; we cant sell/trade them for anything outside of game, most notably real world money.

Question is though, where do Cryptic Points fall on this ruling?
    Technically they're in an in-game asset, but in order to directly give them from one player to another, one must gift them using real world money.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So the short of it is; we cant sell/trade them for anything outside of game, most notably real world money.

Question is though, where do Cryptic Points fall on this ruling?
    Technically they're in an in-game asset, but in order to directly give them from one player to another, one must gift them using real world money.

Then my guess would be it's a no, I'll seek confirmation tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So Ive got about 10 mission EC... anyone willing to sell a galor for that price?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Oh well seeing as this thread is still alive I'll ask again....

Anyone with a spare (boxed) bug gathering dust? if so PM me for lots of moneys :cool:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Cryptic points are out of game currency, and not allowed to be used for trade.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Oh I got my first bug!! Now I have to decide which toon is going to have it… tac or engineer? hmm :cool:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Cpt_Duck wrote:
    Oh I got my first bug!! Now I have to decide which toon is going to have it… tac or engineer? hmm :cool:

How did you get it?

P.S. Grats...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    How did you get it?

P.S. Grats...

Thanks - someone sent me a PM - a deal was struck. I think this is the only way to get one now, as you wont see them going for any less than 500mil on the exchange.

I'm now poor again :eek:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Cpt_Duck wrote:
    Thanks - someone sent me a PM - a deal was struck. I think this is the only way to get one now, as you wont see them going for any less than 500mil on the exchange.

I'm now poor again :eek:

What did it cost ya?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    What did it cost ya?

500 e/c + d'kora

considering the amount they were going for before the exchange cap; I think I got a good deal.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    HI!
    I'm a noob here and I don't know how I got so blessed with 2 D'Kora-class Ferengi Lock Box treats, but I REALLY want to find a Carddy Galor-class (couldn't get one months ago from the other lock boxes....and now I have 2 of the Ferengi! LOL...gotta balance it out!) for it and I don't know how to use the exchange. I have tried to learn like everything else in the game....but it aint happening with thte exchange nad me for some reason.....LOL
    Could someone help me out? Thanks! :-D
    Fuw Yu VonFritz
    cc:Scott:confused
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    there is a buy and sell tab.

go to sell - drag the d'kora onto the bar. set the price for what you want and then click the confirm/list button.

you can check the prices by going to the buy tab and typing in d'kora and galor into the search bar. this will give you an idea of what you want to sell it at

just be careful as there are two types. there are the holo emiters and the proper ships. dont buy the holo emitter by mistake or sell it for around that price as you will just lose money.

at the moment these ships sell for around 80 or 90 million, which is roughly where you want to go in at. (always make sure you type in the correct figure).

there are filters down the left hand side for getting different search results. the default options let you search for pretty much everything.

if in doubt practice with something smaller first like batteries or shields just until you feel comfortable using it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks so much for the reply.....how about finding someone to simply trade the reall ship I have for something else? Like if someone else has 2 of something equal or close.....how do I do that kind of trade or find someone who wants to do so?
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks so much for the reply.....how about finding someone to simply trade the reall ship I have for something else? Like if someone else has 2 of something equal or close.....how do I do that kind of trade or find someone who wants to do so?
    Thanks again!

finding someone is just random luck really. there is no way other than to ask people either on the forums or in game. (just try to avoid spamming the channels)

i dont trade much so i am not as familiar with the mechanics. i think you just right click on a player open a trade window. you both drag the item over you want. when you are both happy you click confirm but ive only used it once so thats just from memory.

i like yourself go lucky and I did have 2 galors at one point but i gave one to a friend and use the other myself.