Install Arc
Options

Lockbox Item Trades

Comments

• Options
    antiquarian#8167 antiquarian Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    amlross wrote: »
    Please don't use the forums for the buying and selling of items.....:rolleyes:

As for your request:

That's not how it works.

If I have a galor and the going price on the exchange is 80m, why would I sell it to you for less?

You haven't said anything that would prompt anyone to agree to sell to you.

Most likely this thread will be locked since I didn't do the due diligence in posting policies. My sincere apologies for the trouble.

On the other hand, your argument is unreasonable. Obviously you have no idea how the market works. STO has an archaic auction system where the prices are "determined" solely by the suppliers/sellers. How is it that 80M is the "market price" when that same price is determined by the very seller, determined to make profit?

You are basically telling me to go to a car dealership, never question about the pricings, and buy the lowest listed price car provided by the dealer because "since his quoted price is the market price!" Only a fool would do that.

I have legitimate reasons to expect lower pricing since the Exchange only reflects supplier's side.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    caemgen wrote: »
    I have a spare D'kora I will gladly offload for a Galor, a Wells, just about any ship. Reply, PM or in-game me.

I am interested in trading my Wells. Message me at:

Jumong@Monopolist ingame.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Dont compare apples and oranges.

First, dealerships get their supply the manufacturer ... I will not go into details as it would be long and boring (and even wrong at places as I dont know that much about it) but prices ARE streamlined to some degree since the prices ARE set by the manufacturer, they are not going to haggle for it even if they might have a bit of a wiggle room for extras, I dont know what country are you from by cars ads in my country have the minimum price on then and they are being paid by the manufacturers, not the dealerships.

A Lockbox ship is not a car, you are not buying a used starship with 47,000 lightyears under the hood either ... you are buying rare item that can only be find by random low chance in a expensive lottery system, also one that is currently not available so this is like you asking if you can buy a Limited Production Ferrari at the price you want, not the price the owner feels rights.

And only a fool would do that because right now only way you can get a D'Kora is from the exchange and if they are being sold at 70-80 million mark why would they sell it lower? If there are buyers for it they would be losing money if they would be selling under the exchange prices since, that IS the market price.

Edot:

/Sorry for the highjack and offtopic about this.

STO uses an archaic exchange system where the demand side is not fully reflected in its pricing. Obviously you are not quite sure how the exchange works in real life or else, you wouldn't be here, mumbling about your nonsense. Just because the lowest listed price on the Exchange is 70M doesn't necessarily mean that is the "market price" of the stated good. Since there is no way for us to establish a "buy-order," the lowest price still does not input the actual signal from the buyer.

Your argument makes perfect sense if we are talking about common goods that are exchanged by thousands every day on the Exchange, but we are talking about rare goods here that barely move in trade volumes. In this instance, it makes it even more difficult to gouge actual market price since there isn't much trading history/precedent prices to begin with.

There are sellers who are not inclined to wait for days to get his D'kor sold after posting a sell-order for more than two weeks. Just because I just bought Tholian Orb Weaver for 30M (lowest Exchange price 38.5M) doesn't mean I scammed him. He didn't sell it for 38.5M because he was literally sick of waiting for someone to buy the Orb for two freaken weeks.

That also applies to the Galor that I just purchased because seller knew that the listed price of 75M is not going to sell anytime soon.
  • Options
    amlrossamlross Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't understand why you think the system is archaic.

Prices reflect the demand and availability of these ships.

Not long ago the jem'hadar bug was going for 400m + but since release of the doff pack there is an influx of bugs on the exchange and the drop to 200m reflects that.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I still don't understand why someone would sell a ship to you for less if they can sell it for more on the exchange.

They would simply be doing it as a kindness to you.

You can't just decide that the market price of these ships should be less (because you don't have the EC they are going for on the exchange :rolleyes:)

I suppose if someone is in a hurry to sell something they can sell it for a lot less. But again, they can just put it up on the exchange.

Its up to you to check in from time to time.

I've found a few nice items dirt cheap before. Not sure if they made a mistake with the zeros (lol) or just didn't care. :D
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    amlross wrote: »
    Please don't use the forums for the buying and selling of items.....:rolleyes:

As for your request:

That's not how it works.

If I have a galor and the going price on the exchange is 80m, why would I sell it to you for less?

You haven't said anything that would prompt or compel anyone to agree to sell to you.

No offense but your post (especially the last line) is the kind of nonsense that pops up in zone chat almost every time someone makes a trade offer .
    Ppl with no interest what so ever in the trade show up and give their unsolicited negative opinions .

If ppl want to trade , it's not your business unless you yourself want to participate in said trade .
  • Options
    amlrossamlross Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I understand your viewpoint.

When I wrote that post I was thinking "so F'ing tired of people trying to buy and sell **** in both the forums AND the in game chat window"

I still feel that way. My view is, if you want to buy or sell something use the exchange. That's what it's there for.
  • Options
    theorictheoric Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello everyone,

I am using this post, as I don't get in game long enough
    to just hang out and trade, I have a unpacked D'Kora, that I would
    like to trade for the Jemmy.

If anyone interested please let me know.
    I'm open to negotiation.
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    theoric wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I'm open to negotiation.

You best offer the D'Kora plus 250Million EC if you want someone to consider your offer.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    stark2k wrote: »
    You best offer the D'Kora plus 250Million EC if you want someone to consider your offer.

That's quite a strange response considering the Jemmy
    is going for 230 mill on the exchange.
    D'Kora is going between 85 mill to 500mill.

So I do believe your info is out dated
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That's quite a strange response considering the Jemmy
    is going for 230 mill on the exchange.
    D'Kora is going between 85 mill to 500mill.

So I do believe your info is out dated

You have until November 22, after that the Jem will jump back up to 450million to 500million
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    Hello everyone,

I'm open to negotiation.

Is this unpacked as in, in your ship roster? You cannot trade a ship once you open it if you did... :confused:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Is this unpacked as in, in your ship roster? You cannot trade a ship once you open it if you did... :confused:

Sorry my apologies I was meant to say a packed D'Kora
    as in still in the box.
  • Options
    ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd love a Dkora, but I could only offer around 50 mill tops. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Still hoping for a cheap Dkora or just a early Xmas present from someone nice?
  • Options
    admiralm0ttadmiralm0tt Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wanted: D'Kora.

Could trade: Mobius or Recluse. Open to other offers.
  • Options
    rando5rando5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've got a Temporal Science Vessel box I'd like to trade for a Temporal Destroyer.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Still looking in hopes that someone can spare or sell a Dkora at half or 2/3 price?
  • Options
    chevyguyds9chevyguyds9 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Don't post on here often and don't see a specific trade forum so hold your flames please....

So I have 900 Lobi Crystals that I would be glad to use to get someone items they really want and may not have the EC to buy off the exchange or the disposable income to keep opening lock boxes, maybe you are looking for the Temporal Destroyer or Tholian Carrier, maybe the 2 console sets that are available, possibly you are a shuttle collector.

In any case I am looking to get the Ferengi D'kora or the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship (I know the attack ship is a stretch given its value but you never know who is into what and again may want to trade based on their situation listed above so hold your trolling please)

I will be on for the next 10 hours give or take so please send me an ingame message or mail to

Keyvanna@chevyguyds9
    Key'van@chevyguyds9
    R'ian@chevyguyds9

I appreciate your time!
  • Options
    nolaxonolaxo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm looking to get my hands on a Temporal Science Vessel for my "Gray" character I have several items which I am willing to trade for this ship, including (but not limited to) two Mirror Deep Space Science Vessels, and several rare Boffs of varying species. If interested, message me in game @Scrybe.
  • Options
    trahltrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    MDSSV = ~90,000EC
    BOff (of any rarity or type) = ~30,000EC

Just saying
  • Options
    justin2384justin2384 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey I have a orb weaver a borg engi boff and a photonic science boff and 10 million looking to trade for a galor

message me @justin2384 if interested willing to negotiate
  • Options
    ryuukentaryuukenta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was given this forum post in response to a post I put elsewhere so:

I'm looking to trade an Antiproton Mk XII purple console for a tholian Orb weaver.

Console: ~32m ec

Weaver: ~30m ec
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have a Temporal Destroyer and am looking to trade it for a Tolian Recluse carrier. IF anyone wishes to trade me. you can find me in game @n0vastar
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    All sales are finale no trades.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Says to me..I can trade it. I haven't claimed it. It's sitting in it's box.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    What that means is that you can trade it sell it on the exhange so you might want to go and WTT for X ship.Once you open it you will not be able to trade it.
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Im aware of this. it's why I made a looking to trade topic thank you.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    There is no buy,sell and trade forum here.

btw your join date is wrong it should say 2009 as STO was still Perpetual Entertainment property not Cryptic.I was around ins 2009 as a closed beta tester.
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    i dont care.

Anyways found a trade.