Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 20, 2012

124»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Ok, I completely understand the 'we want to use the ship interior for something' motivation. It would be nice to have a reason to wander around my ship.

I think we can all agree that the imposed grind of the new system as it currently stands is excessive.

So, solution:
    -You can check all the duty officer contact's assignment lists from your ready room.
    -To actually start an assignment, you have to go to that officer's station.

Benefits:
    (1) Reduces grind time substantially.
    (2) You still have to wander the ship but...
    (3) You only need to wander the ship when there's an assignment you want to start.

So the goal of having us use our ship interiors is met, but the time just spent checking assignment availability is reduced to a sane amount.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It'd be nice to have some sort of cooldown indicator for the menu-selected missions that have them. It's kind of annoying to have no way to tell if I can actually start a mission but to assign people and see if it works or not.

Also, "Changed offending Bajoran Male Counselor name after said Counselor's attempt to provide therapy to a human crewmember resulted in gales of laughter that were not able to be ceased until the Bajoran counselor fled the room red-faced." is the best patch note I've ever seen in a game.

-Morgan.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Over all it's great! Two things though.

1) Please remove the non-canon uniforms from my TOS Constitution Bridge. It was the one location I could go and be totally emersed in TOS outside of the two Dividian series episodes. It ruins the whole effect for me.

2) Personnel Officers for other speicies; besides those listed. If you can play as a speicies there should be a Personnel officer for them.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Are Doff missions all inside the ship now, or is it just additional ones on top of the typical stuff we've been seeing via the Doff interface?

Doff'in was a great way to to fill lulls in queues or while flying around in sector space. If it's now its own activity completely, despite the initial novelty of walking around my ships -- uniform and officer customization issues aside -- I can definitely see that kill my use of doff missions when this hits Holodeck.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Ok, I completely understand the 'we want to use the ship interior for something' motivation. It would be nice to have a reason to wander around my ship.

I think we can all agree that the imposed grind of the new system as it currently stands is excessive.

So, solution:
    -You can check all the duty officer contact's assignment lists from your ready room.
    -To actually start an assignment, you have to go to that officer's station.

Benefits:
    (1) Reduces grind time substantially.
    (2) You still have to wander the ship but...
    (3) You only need to wander the ship when there's an assignment you want to start.

So the goal of having us use our ship interiors is met, but the time just spent checking assignment availability is reduced to a sane amount.
    This +1 for sure
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    AuntKathy wrote:
    ...Maybe the cost could come down a little bit. But attempting to otherwise game the outcome seems fraught with potential for exploitation.
    I'm not for a free/cheap method of getting high quality DOffs. I just think Five DOffs+Dil for One Random +1Quality DOff "could come down a little bit". :)
    AuntKathy wrote:
    ...Regarding the cost calculations, you could average out the deltas between tiers. 6 from uncommon to rare, 2 between rare and very rare. 6+2 = 8. 8/2 = 4. 4 times the cost would be a respectable compromise without making it too cheap. (You could also argue very rare is 12 times the cost of uncommon. So, 12 / 3 tiers (uncommon, rare, very rare) = 4).
    I like your math, so agree when I originally suggested two, I was too low. Taking it down to four is better than five, so I like that too...

However... I would further (re)argue that purchasing the DOffs directly should be more expensive. Again, you get to chose your DOff. The fact that these assignments produce a random outcome should count in favor of lowering the price (again, chance for lemon). Sure you could sell/barter or otherwise "game" or work that lemon towards what you actually want, but that takes additional time/effort and should be considered. Factor in that there is a Dilithium Surcharge in addtion to the DOff cost... I think we can safely knock down that four some more.

Now Three (instead of five) DOffs+Dil for One Random +1Quality DOff is looking more and more like a sweet spot to me. :D
    Joiry wrote: »
    I wonder how hard it is to add in the ability for a DOff mission to allow a selectable reward? Eg the the swap missions could offer you say 5 random doffs of the next level and you could choose one. It wouldn't always give you a choice you want, but would give some control.
    I like this idea as it lends an element of choice, but I should expect this to be additional tech and therefore not likely to appear anytime soon, so not really a viable solution at this point.
    Are Doff missions all inside the ship now, or is it just additional ones on top of the typical stuff we've been seeing via the Doff interface? ...
    DOffing will still be available out side your ship. These ship interior accessable DOff missions are just additional chances/sources.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I am not looking forward to the timesuck that would be running around the entire ship. If they simply offer additional "instances", then that's cool, and it's on me at that point.

Having said that, I often fly small ships when I DoFF. Are we going to be gimped now, or can we at least get a "console" like the Jem and Cardi ship?
    -ABM
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    AuntKathy wrote:
    That would be interesting, indeed. What is clear, from both Heretic's comments as well as the patch notes, the value given for both the effort expended and the cooldown is not sufficient. I agree. A few ideas to make this a better choice (some or all of them):

A.) Decrease the cooldown
    B.) Add a High Yield (or Beam Overload for the beam equivalents) power the deployable can use at random (and on a reasonable cooldown)
    C.) Increase the defense of the deployed turret.
    D.) Increase the damage of the deployed turret. (They're doing this.)
    E.) Increase the health of the deployed turret. (They're doing this.)

I would argue that B and C (in addition to D and E) would be better and prevent PvE and PvP deployable spam than A would.

Is Spam the issue? For these turrets, it's minimal. I would say that these being made of paper and with sooo much aggro they have a deployable life span of .03 nanoseconds.

I could deal with a shorter lifespan if they actually had some bite, but I think they need more than a simple [DMG] modifier....

-ABM
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Capt.Jerry wrote:
    1) Please remove the non-canon uniforms from my TOS Constitution Bridge. It was the one location I could go and be totally emersed in TOS outside of the two Dividian series episodes. It ruins the whole effect for me.

We are working on this. We may not get it fixed before this stuff reaches Holodeck, but it is being worked on. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    We are working on this. We may not get it fixed before this stuff reaches Holodeck, but it is being worked on. :)

Will the Belfast/Defiant interior be getting its NPCs redressed in era appropriate uniforms?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Will the Belfast/Defiant interior be getting its NPCs redressed in era appropriate uniforms?

Also being worked on. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Is the Galor getting a trophy case so it can finish Bringing Down the House?
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Aren't they already in era appropriate uniforms? Last time I checked, Captain Shon's crew on the Belfast were wearing the 2409 stuff.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Thank you very much!
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Which will be a shame since, y'know, my captain and his command staff all wear 2409 uniforms.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for letting us know that these things are being worked on. :)

Obviously 'being worked on' does not mean a fix is guaranteed, but it is nice to know, all the same. I think in the past people (or maybe just me) have got frustrated thinking that our 'observations' and 'recomendations' have been ignored, or not read at all.

Very much appreciated.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I was just wondering why there are no data sample collection assignments from the Science Officer. I prefer doing those to scanning them on missions though like Janeway I did get a bit obsessed with them for a while.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for destroying Ker'rat, the only thing I find fun in this game just so you can cash in more money from cryptic points.
    If this goes live people will spend far less time there, potentially turning the zone into a ghost town.
    And this applies to capture and hold games, too. Yay for longer queue times, we really needed that.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Amosov wrote:
    Which will be a shame since, y'know, my captain and his command staff all wear 2409 uniforms.... :rolleyes:

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Can't make everybody happy, unfortuntately - not the people who want 'DS9' era uniforms, the ones who want '2049' uniforms, or the ones who don't wear either and want their crew in the uniforms *they* choose (like myself for one).
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Destinii wrote:
    Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Can't make everybody happy, unfortuntately - not the people who want 'DS9' era uniforms, the ones who want '2049' uniforms, or the ones who don't wear either and want their crew in the uniforms *they* choose (like myself for one).

Guess NPCs don't get equal rights...Freedom to wear whatever they want as per the new dress code like we do Hehe. ;)

Can the NPCs strike? :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    War Zone missions are now daily missions.

Thanks. Finally Peace in Kerrat warzone again.

I'm sure such an effort would be useful for Syria. Man, sure even Asaad and everybody else would stop and move on.

gj. _\\//