test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EPIC Screenshot Thread is EPIC

Comments

• mcakomxmcakomx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here is another one, not the best image I've taken, heck I don't even think it's a good one... but here it is...

I think it's a good shot. The background, due to its simplicity, fits very well to the ship in the foreground.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How the heck did you do that?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Shon, Tuvok, J'mpok, Sugihara, Koren, (captain of the Lleiset), D'Tan, S'taas, and Quinn... Hmm... my best guess is that a bunch of people got together and made imitiations of their costumes.

what? no Kererek? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Shon, Tuvok, J'mpok, Sugihara, Koren, (Tiaru Jarok), D'Tan, S'taas, and Quinn... Hmm... my best guess is that a bunch of people got together and made imitiations of their costumes.

what? no Kererek? :P
    or tovan or kurland?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hmm... my best guess is that a bunch of people got together and made imitiations of their costumes.
    Unlikely, cause that Worf looks to have the same hairstyle as the Worf on Qo'nos, and that particular style I don't believe is available in the tailor, not even within the alien generator.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mcakomx wrote: »
    b6OCV1Gl.jpg

... Glorious.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Demorecord with costume replacer.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    Unlikely, cause that Worf looks to have the same hairstyle as the Worf on Qo'nos, and that particular style I don't believe is available in the tailor, not even within the alien generator.

You're overcomplicating. :P

Worf and J'mpok have outfits that aren't available to players. It's as simple as that.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited July 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Demorecord with costume replacer.

I thought that didn't work anymore?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I thought that didn't work anymore?

I sure as heck cannot get it to work for nothing, something funky wrong with the launcher when trying to use it.

I can do a regular demo edit (video wise), but not using the editing software.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited July 2014
    I sure as heck cannot get it to work for nothing, something funky wrong with the launcher when trying to use it.

I can do a regular demo edit (video wise), but not using the editing software.

I'm using this version and it works very well.
    edited July 2014
    edited July 2014
    zMWko3Wl.jpg
    I'm looking for Sarah Connor...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited July 2014

Does that work on Macs? Please say yes ...

EDIT: Never mind, I saw on the site that it's Windows only. Dang. :(
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited July 2014

That was the exact same demo launcher, that didn't ever seem to work for me.

All it does when it tries to launch the game, is crash every time, heck it doesn't even attempt to enter my password/username.

The game has a built in editor, all you need do is enter the command for the demo, and voila into the built in editor, as for this downloadable software editor, it doesn't do anything for me other than attempt to load the game client skipping the username/password part, and immediately crashes for me.

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What's the built in editor and how do we access it?

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm looking for Sarah Connor...

Yes, sure. Here you have her, but please let us others alive.
    edited July 2014
    That was the exact same demo launcher, that didn't ever seem to work for me.

All it does when it tries to launch the game, is crash every time, heck it doesn't even attempt to enter my password/username.

The game has a built in editor, all you need do is enter the command for the demo, and voila into the built in editor, as for this downloadable software editor, it doesn't do anything for me other than attempt to load the game client skipping the username/password part, and immediately crashes for me.

You can basically start any demo you recorded with these instructions. That will launch the demorecorder which is part of the cryptic engine for Champions, STO and Neverwinter.

The demo launcher tool (that's not another demorecorder) is just a easy way to launch any file you recorded without using the command prompt commands.

Of course , the demo launcher tool has some feature like deleting FX (shields, buff icons etc.) from a recorded file and also you can replace any costume in a file, with costumes from another recorded file but without even touching those features, you should be able to just launch a file with some mouse clicks.

I don't know why it crashes for you but maybe it's the content you recorded. Sometimes, usually after a patch, the demorecorder will crash because it can't find necessary data needed to load a demo file or there are some content from the game, you can record but you can't replay it in the demorecorder.

No matter how you start the demorecorder, via command promt or the launcher, it will never ever ask for your username/password.
    edited July 2014
    You can basically start any demo you recorded with these instructions. That will launch the demorecorder which is part of the cryptic engine for Champions, STO and Neverwinter.

The demo launcher tool (that's not another demorecorder) is just a easy way to launch any file you recorded without using the command prompt commands.

Of course , the demo launcher tool has some feature like deleting FX (shields, buff icons etc.) from a recorded file and also you can replace any costume in a file, with costumes from another recorded file but without even touching those features, you should be able to just launch a file with some mouse clicks.

I don't know why it crashes for you but maybe it's the content you recorded. Sometimes, usually after a patch, the demorecorder will crash because it can't find necessary data needed to load a demo file or there are some content from the game, you can record but you can't replay it in the demorecorder.

No matter how you start the demorecorder, via command promt or the launcher, it will never ever ask for your username/password.

Actually to use the wiki description demo play back feature described, one does not need the command game client involved, only the rest of the command prompt need be entered.

Now even using that built in tool requires you to launch the game client, so you can enter the command prompt, and than it saves it, but still requires you to launch the game client normally, which requires each, and every time your username, and password.

The demo launcher software you are speaking of, does not work in the same fashion, it tries to launch the game client as though it were ARC for example, except unlike ARC which requires the account username, and password to work correctly, this demo tool skips this completely, in fact it goes so far as to try and boot the game client directly at the Cryptic loading screen, and after loading 75%, it immediately crashes each, and every time for me, and this is even with having the files force verified causing no changes, and there hasn't been a single update regarding the demo I am trying to play/view with this tool, yet it works perfectly fine with the game clients own built in demo editor.

So, until there is a perfectly logical explanation, as to why following the instructions given for the demo editor software, doesn't wok as it is described/explained/shown, than I cannot use it at all, and IMO just isn't needed, nor cared for myself.

It doesn't one click magically work like people say, it doesn't even do anything besides try to act as a faulty game client launcher, which crashes 100% of the time.

The demo file is an 8:39 long KASE run, nothing special.

• generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    Actually to use the wiki description demo play back feature described, one does not need the command game client involved, only the rest of the command prompt need be entered.

Now even using that built in tool requires you to launch the game client, so you can enter the command prompt, and than it saves it, but still requires you to launch the game client normally, which requires each, and every time your username, and password.

The demo launcher software you are speaking of, does not work in the same fashion, it tries to launch the game client as though it were ARC for example, except unlike ARC which requires the account username, and password to work correctly, this demo tool skips this completely, in fact it goes so far as to try and boot the game client directly at the Cryptic loading screen, and after loading 75%, it immediately crashes each, and every time for me, and this is even with having the files force verified causing no changes, and there hasn't been a single update regarding the demo I am trying to play/view with this tool, yet it works perfectly fine with the game clients own built in demo editor.

So, until there is a perfectly logical explanation, as to why following the instructions given for the demo editor software, doesn't wok as it is described/explained/shown, than I cannot use it at all, and IMO just isn't needed, nor cared for myself.

It doesn't one click magically work like people say, it doesn't even do anything besides try to act as a faulty game client launcher, which crashes 100% of the time.

The demo file is an 8:39 long KASE run, nothing special.

Actually you can launch the game all together, bypassing the Launcher...

just lick game name.. and you sent to the loading screen... you just got to know how to do it, fact it's in the downloaded files it'self...

Depending on where you downloaded STO, it should look something like this

E:\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\GameClient.exe

Although it never lets you log in :D

Anywho, onto the other thing, Demo Launcher, I use it aswell...

fast easy and I am using the same version mcakomx linked...

It's easy to use and very fun when you know how to use both (STO's build in Demorecord) and the Tool Demo Launcher..

although I can't seem to figure out how to render the scale from within Demorecord, with out crashing the demorecord...

huh..

hey mcakomx how do you go about taking your pics from Demorecord...

I know when the file has AA on and I render it to something higher it crashers and even with AA off the renderscale doesn't work..

:D
    edited July 2014
    Actually you can launch the game all together, bypassing the Launcher...

just lick game name.. and you sent to the loading screen... you just got to know how to do it, fact it's in the downloaded files it'self...

Depending on where you downloaded STO, it should look something like this

Although it never lets you log in :D

Anywho, onto the other thing, Demo Launcher, I use it aswell...

fast easy and I am using the same version mcakomx linked...

It's easy to use and very fun when you know how to use both (STO's build in Demorecord) and the Tool Demo Launcher..

although I can't seem to figure out how to render the scale from within Demorecord, with out crashing the demorecord...

huh..

hey mcakomx how do you go about taking your pics from Demorecord...

I know when the file has AA on and I render it to something higher it crashers and even with AA off the renderscale doesn't work..

:D

I don't know how better to explain this to you all, but the file listing you showed is information I have already been aware of.

In fact I have the client pinned to my taskbar.

But, the first thing that pops up when you launch the client, is what?

The log in screen, is it not?

Once you enter your username (this is done automatically), you must than enter your password right?

Than it will check for any updates available, than allow you to engage (provided you do not use the quick launch feature).

Than it brings up the Cryptic logo, and begins loading, eventually bringing up the LOR screen, etc.

Now trying to use the demo software you all are talking about, it skips the whole login/check for updates/engage part, and goes straight to the Cryptic logo screen, commences to load like normal, but crashes 3/4 of the way thru the loading process 100% of the time for me, so the question remains, how is it supposed to work?

Typing the command prompt you described doesn't do anything, to alter the crashing issue for me, nor does trying to use quick launch, nor does even force verifying the files after the crash.

Nothing I do changes the issue.

edited July 2014
    here's the command I use:
    C:\...\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\GameClient.exe" -demoplay [name of demo file]

it works great!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    edited July 2014
    Less talk more pics!

You hush up *joking of course*. :P:D

/10char

edited July 2014
    here's the command I use:
    C:\...\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\GameClient.exe" -demoplay [name of demo file]

it works great!

The funny part is, what I listed in red, is all you need enter in the command prompt, to get the games built in editor to launch correctly, so it is odd I need use such a lengthy command prompt to try, and get the editor software to function.

Besides, it doesn't even allow me to enter this command prompt, when using the editor software because it completely skips the log in section all together, so I would have to manually launch the client, than enter the command prompt, than save it, than shut it down, than have the editing software attempt to launch the game.

Also it has a pop up from time to time, mentioning something about closing the game client, while the editor attempts to edit, kind of odd seeing how it hasn't even been able to run the game client correctly for me without crashing, an even odder seeing how it tells me to close the client, when it isn't even running for say.

So I have no idea why you all have it working, and for me it acts like a complete pos.

edited July 2014
    The funny part is, what I listed in red, is all you need enter in the command prompt, to get the games built in editor to launch correctly, so it is odd I need use such a lengthy command prompt to try, and get the editor software to function.

Besides, it doesn't even allow me to enter this command prompt, when using the editor software because it completely skips the log in section all together, so I would have to manually launch the client, than enter the command prompt, than save it, than shut it down, than have the editing software attempt to launch the game.

Also it has a pop up from time to time, mentioning something about closing the game client, while the editor attempts to edit, kind of odd seeing how it hasn't even been able to run the game client correctly for me without crashing, an even odder seeing how it tells me to close the client, when it isn't even running for say.

So I have no idea why you all have it working, and for me it acts like a complete pos.
    Did you create a desktop link with that URL? I use a single URL to launch demoplay. Each time I change demofiles I edit the URL.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited July 2014
    Did you create a desktop link with that URL? I use a single URL to launch demoplay. Each time I change demofiles I edit the URL.

Why would I, or you need an URL for the demo editor?

• generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    Less talk more pics!

Ok!!!

I manage to get this one at 7200 X 4500... I almost burned my pc :D... Enjoy

1cdSzZV.jpg
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok!!!

I manage to get this one at 7200 X 4500... I almost burned my pc :D... Enjoy

1cdSzZV.jpg

Wow.... thanks for almost destroying your pc! Awesome is all I can say.
    edited July 2014
    Thought you all might like these.

StoDemoLauncherPreview_00379_zps80c45f8f.jpg

StoDemoLauncherPreview_00440_zps00519a51.jpg

StoDemoLauncherPreview_00673_zpsf29d12bd.jpg