test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tutorial or not?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I've played through the tutorial.

I now get the choice to skip the tutorial and start at the Starfleet Academy.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of skipping the tutorial and starting at the academy?
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Also...if you skip the tutorial...does the game story still act as if you went through what happened in the tutorial?

Basically...is that tutorial storyline of how you became captain of the ship the same storyline used if you skip it...or do you become the captain of the ship a different way?
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    The story remains the same. It's just as if you completed the Tutorial normally. The only advantage is that you save time. The disadvantages are that you start with slightly fewer Skill points and miss the option to get the Borg defeat accolades early.

:cool:
  • Options
    spoogeboy#5841 spoogeboy Member Posts: 1 New User
    How do you do the tutorial. Im not even given this option and it wont let me buy anything until I complete it.
  • Options
    missmel#5308 missmel Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I have heard that you do need to do the tutorial to get the benefits of doing a faction recruitment event... I'm not sure if that's true as I'm a new player
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    How do you do the tutorial. Im not even given this option and it wont let me buy anything until I complete it.

Which version of Tutorial are we talking about (IE - what faction and era did you choose for the character in question.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY WE GOT A NECRO!
    BEGONE ZOMBIE!
    *Casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    Please note when the last time a thread has been posted in. If it is over 30 days, that is Necromancy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.