test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 27, 2011 - Evening Edition

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.16.20111023a.4

General:
  • The ground on the Klingon Academy map is no longer invisible.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011

General:

That's always a good thing :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    clever thread title. good fix. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    so still no skill tree revamp...here I was hoping too. Cryptic is getting behind whats on the calender, although no ground was a bit eerie to look at.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nice to see that the Klingons don't have a glass ceiling... ;)

Liking the clearer requirements on Assignments.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [crypic please give me a reason to keep playing this game after 2 years

Liking the clearer requirements on Assignments.[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.16.20111023a.4

General:

Now the ground is made of lava. XD
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    jpf wrote: »
    [crypic please give me a reason to keep plying this game after 2 years

You haven't been playing for 2 years :p

And this is a quite nice little fix hehe. Now hopefully skill revamp will be tomorrow or saturday to go by the launch window (one can always dream :))
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    near enough i was in closed beta
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    how about some new content?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    the one good thing i can say about cryptic is they are good at recycling old missions
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    How about a fix to Welcoming the Federation (Klingon Mission) that does not complete upon meeting the requirement (25 Fed Ships Destroyed). I tried it again today and still no completion and then stayed in zone to destroy some extra ships to see if anything would trigger the mission completion... nothing happened. :confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    dont get me wrong i love this game but cryptic/pw keeps giving me reasons to hate this game
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    has anyone here ever thought of a kll death ratio in this game
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    has anyone here ever thought of a kll death ratio in this game

ya know there is an edit button...

Content means normally something different to many people. We're obviously getting new ships, new systems, areas redesigned, and a new featured episode coming in the next few months. It's not easy to make content and plop it out in a week+ there is a LOT more to it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sill poster, content is for tribbles!

Seriously, there's a ton of new content on tribble server. Go explore, have fun, go back to your holodeck characters after F2P go-live.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    bargamer wrote: »
    Nice to see that the Klingons don't have a glass ceiling... ;)

Depends what you mean by glass cielings.. I'm still waiting to hear the sound of glass breaking and thats not going to happen untill the KDF content is in game.. we got fluff, we got crome.. but we still don't have missions and story line content sufficient to turn off this accelerated XP and elminate starting active play at Commander 2 (rank 21)

I still need to see if the DOFF recruitment numbers have come up yet. My lead KDF has a little over 12,000 Marauding experience.. and need to hit 50,000 XP by F2P launch to get the top KDF awards having started 1 week after the Fed toon, and still only having half as many DOFF's to work with and no mission content external to the DOFF system to get marauder XP (unlike the clear advantage the federation has...Talk about a gimmiey!) My fed toon is at Diplomacy 3 and over half way to Diplomacy 4 from doing DOFF missions alone. They may perhapes only pay out now 2-4 DXP per mission but I can do a lot more of them, and still go out and snap up some regular player Diplomacy missions. As soon as I max out Diplomacy I can then use those doff's for other things. I've allready qualified for all the goddies Fed side and I have hardly spend any effort on it. I've been putting the effort onto the KDF side.. and while feeling some love com'n my way.. I thinking its grandmotherly love seeing its moving along at walker speed dragging and IV cart and wheezing alot.. *sigh!*
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Depends what you mean by glass cielings.. I'm still waiting to hear the sound of glass breaking and thats not going to happen untill the KDF content is in game.. we got fluff, we got crome.. but we still don't have missions and story line content sufficient to turn off this accelerated XP and elminate starting active play at Commander 2 (rank 21)

I still need to see if the DOFF recruitment numbers have come up yet. My lead KDF has a little over 12,000 Marauding experience.. and need to hit 50,000 XP by F2P launch to get the top KDF awards having started 1 week after the Fed toon, and still only having half as many DOFF's to work with and no mission content external to the DOFF system to get marauder XP (unlike the clear advantage the federation has...Talk about a gimmiey!) My fed toon is at Diplomacy 3 and over half way to Diplomacy 4
    from doing DOFF missions alone. They may perhapes only pay out now 2-4 DXP per mission but I can do a lot more of them, and still go out and snap up some regular player Diplomacy missions. As soon as I max out Diplomacy I can then use those doff's for other things. I allready have all the prises for the Fed toon, and I have hardly spend any effort on it. I've been putting the effort onto the KDF side.. and while feeling some love com'n my way.. I thinking its grandmotherly love seeing its moving along at walker speed dragging and IV cart and wheezing alot.. *sigh!*

what he said
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    when your playing infected the cure and ka again you tend to think hmmm maybe they should make a new stf - hey its been a while since the last one........
  • Options
    edited October 2011

I still need to see if the DOFF recruitment numbers have come up yet. My lead KDF has a little over 12,000 Marauding experience.. and need to hit 50,000 XP by F2P launch to get the top KDF awards having started 1 week after the Fed toon, and still only having half as many DOFF's to work with and no mission content external to the DOFF system to get marauder XP (unlike the clear advantage the federation has...Talk about a gimmiey!) My fed toon is at Diplomacy 3 and over half way to Diplomacy 4
    from doing DOFF missions alone. They may perhapes only pay out now 2-4 DXP per mission but I can do a lot more of them, and still go out and snap up some regular player Diplomacy missions. As soon as I max out Diplomacy I can then use those doff's for other things. I allready have all the prises for the Fed toon, and I have hardly spend any effort on it. I've been putting the effort onto the KDF side.. and while feeling some love com'n my way.. I thinking its grandmotherly love seeing its moving along at walker speed dragging and IV cart and wheezing alot.. *sigh!*

Amen, brother!

The update this morning did add higher CXP rewards for several types of DOFF missions, so I'm seeing faster growth on the science and engineering bars, for instance, but it's still brutally slow.

Also, I noticed a bunch of trade DOFF missions now require gold-pressed latinum. WHAT?! Unless there's some reliable exchange rate/method I don't know about, GPL is not a smart currency to choose.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    seemed to have killed the drop rate in the Cure also.. No sure may need to play it some more but it seems to have been erfed hard. and of course if the drop rate is reduced that lowers significantly the cahnces of seeing additional Salvage/Data Chips from the mission..
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Amen, brother!

The update this morning did add higher CXP rewards for several types of DOFF missions, so I'm seeing faster growth on the science and engineering bars, for instance, but it's still brutally slow.

Also, I noticed a bunch of trade DOFF missions now require gold-pressed latinum. WHAT?! Unless there's some reliable exchange rate/method I don't know about, GPL is not a smart currency to choose.

I disagree. its a currency thats in game already that has no real use. I'm happy their adding more reason to obtain it and better things to get other then novelty items...considering in the trek universe as far as I know its the only form of currency.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    when your playing infected the cure and ka again you tend to think hmmm maybe they should make a new stf - hey its been a while since the last one........

Try playing foundry missions... or if you're bored, why not try creating one.

A lot of foundry missions are better than Cryptic Missions.

There's your content.

I don't see what the problem is...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Try playing foundry missions... or if you're bored, why not try creating one.

A lot of foundry missions are better than Cryptic Missions.

There's your content.

I don't see what the problem is...

Some people prefer the regular missions because they get more from them. I see no point in asking for more Dev made missions at this point; not when they are working on the DOFF system and these other changes. There are still a lot of balance issues with the new additional (material?) and they need to fix those first. There are the bugs to fix as well (i.e. mail bug, bug ticket bug, etc.).
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    JPF, I hope you won't be posting a lot longer in these forums. You ignore all the hints about edit buttons on purpose, yet you keep posting one-liners every second minute or so.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    when will we see the new skill revamp guys? :confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    If you mean the little building, yes there is a ground map when you're near that. But, I see nothing for the rest of the instantace on the minimap.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Im posting this again because i feel so strongly about it. Ive been griping on here a lot lately, and i figure, if i am going to complain, then i need to offer up a solution, so here's my take on the crafting situation.

If there is no way we can convince the devs that dilithium has no place in crafting, then we need to go with a 'if you can't beat'em, join'em approach."

Devs, listen up! Crafting is useless if you have to work your butt off to get exactly ( or close to ) the same thing you can just buy anyway. PERIOD. So here's an idea: If you want to make high end items through crafting that are difficult to get, ,make new items that are WORTH IT. Make items that cannot be acquired ANY OTHER WAY. Make a whole new table of ultra high end items, that all have special names, or characteristics. We could have things like Phaser heavy Saturation Cannons, or Dual Tetryon Plasma Hybrid Beam Banks, or a Rapid Fire Quantum Torpedo. On the ground you could have things like Rapid Fire Sniper Rifles or overcharged Dual Pistols. WHATEVER. if i could rattle off a couple of ideas in 30 seconds, I'm sure you guys could do better with even a day. Give it consideration. Then remove the dilithium costs from all other crafting items, except this new high end category. I think that would be a win win for everyone.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    rbrancher wrote: »
    Im posting this again because i feel so strongly about it. Ive been griping on here a lot lately, and i figure, if i am going to complain, then i need to offer up a solution, so here's my take on the crafting situation.

If there is no way we can convince the devs that dilithium has no place in crafting, then we need to go with a 'if you can't beat'em, join'em approach."

Devs, listen up! Crafting is useless if you have to work your butt off to get exactly ( or close to ) the same thing you can just buy anyway. PERIOD. So here's an idea: If you want to make high end items through crafting that are difficult to get, ,make new items that are WORTH IT. Make items that cannot be acquired ANY OTHER WAY. Make a whole new table of ultra high end items, that all have special names, or characteristics. We could have things like Phaser heavy Saturation Cannons, or Dual Tetryon Plasma Hybrid Beam Banks, or a Rapid Fire Quantum Torpedo. On the ground you could have things like Rapid Fire Sniper Rifles or overcharged Dual Pistols. WHATEVER. if i could rattle off a couple of ideas in 30 seconds, I'm sure you guys could do better with even a day. Give it consideration. Then remove the dilithium costs from all other crafting items, except this new high end category. I think that would be a win win for everyone.

Great point! Why should I grind the components needed for crafting and still pay a large dilithium costs for non unique items I can simply buy? Make them nifty, allow us to create efficient engines, powerful shields and more set items. Crafting is a key component of an MMO, without meaningful crafting an MMO is simply unfinished.

Cheers,
    FyreMouse
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Askray, please don't treat people horrable over mispelled words, or sentences?

as for the patch good to hear things are being fixed, but seriously even with ftp being tested, i don't think tribble should be the only place getting new or revamped missions.

Holodeck must get something more than new c-store fluff, this is what is chasing good players away, they have to play tts in order to get new or refurbed mission content, then they have to play the entire klingon arc beforew playing anything else, this throws off the the first appearance of the devidians until after you have done the featured episode arc for them.

come on some missions of the new persuasion especialy for the kdf, also unless i missed it why can't they have the accademy on holodeck?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    They must have run into an issue with skill revamp on internal testing. I was kind of hoping to see it here. Oh well, maybe we'll get it Monday. Along with a new calendar. ^_^