Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 18, 2011

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    KoshiirRa wrote: »
    Just curious, is there any word on the missing Captain tier Bird of Prey for KDF?

I was hoping that would be the one of the bugs they'd fix, personally.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Stability fixes?

Got in game loaded my KDF BG3, got into an explore, started combat, got a critical crash. Re-verifying files as I type this. -_-
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    cheer wrote: »
    I had some problems with Cutting the Cord, but not the boss. My problem was one or two spots where I couldn't "summon help" and had to face a trash mob all on my own.

Boss went just fine.

That was about what happened to me, one or two spots where I had to face a mob alone, including on the way to the boss. I respawned from that and was right at the boss fight, though, so I'm not gonna complain there. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Wow! Johnny on-the-spot to fix the replicator bug on an off day but the BO Trainer was broken for the *full* week. It's the test server devs... not like the 'economy loophole' is all that big of a deal. How about fixing things that actually hamper our ability to test the game? Such as odd companion behavior in 'Coliseum', ridiculously low duty officer skill rewards (going to take months to even reach tier 3 the way they are), so-called "very rare' DOffs with absolutely no traits or anything to warrant their rarity, placeables that never expire despite what their descriptions say, and the list goes on as well documented in the bug reports. But no.... make sure you plug the replicator bug.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Stability fix crashed again. Re-verifying files yet again.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    You guys forget that a large part of F2P is the economy. They want to get EC's under control so fixing the loophole right away is important. They are probably tracking how much EC we have as we hit high levels and the end game.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    is that all for today...or can we expect more...cause i saw this go through my tweet deck and i got all excited then i see the one thing on this and frown...plz say there is more today

We need our fix!!! Don't let us down Salami!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    SupAJ1M wrote: »
    Down time length?
    Trone wrote:
    You did NOT just ask that! *crosses fingers* Please don't proc. Please don't proc.
    Nh5316 wrote: »
    When's it back up?

Ahhh TRIBBLE, sorry X2 proc = 50% chance it will take longer :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    lynerunner wrote: »
    Wow! Johnny on-the-spot to fix the replicator bug on an off day but the BO Trainer was broken for the *full* week. It's the test server devs... not like the 'economy loophole' is all that big of a deal. How about fixing things that actually hamper our ability to test the game? Such as odd companion behavior in 'Coliseum', ridiculously low duty officer skill rewards (going to take months to even reach tier 3 the way they are), so-called "very rare' DOffs with absolutely no traits or anything to warrant their rarity, placeables that never expire despite what their descriptions say, and the list goes on as well documented in the bug reports. But no.... make sure you plug the replicator bug.

Hey not to quibble here but economy loopholes are important to the data gathered on the test server, since that data will help the devs mold the economy when F2P goes live. and as someone else already pointed out, small patches on Tuesdays, bigguns on Thursdays. Still a lot of work that needs to be done, though, that much is obvious, and I have read elsewhere on the forums that Heretic is going to fix the "rarity issue" with Doffs to one that is trait-based, rather than based on species as it is now.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Game finally stabilized for me.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    piwright42 wrote: »
    Game finally stabilized for me.

It's back up, but still no T4 bop... Tres annoying. Might just buy a raptor and be done with it... :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Well, patch in, no idea yet where I stand on Marauding missions.. I could possibly be at ier 2 right now, but I obviously can tell... More on this in a post to follow in Tribble general discussion.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    You guys forget that a large part of F2P is the economy. They want to get EC's under control so fixing the loophole right away is important. They are probably tracking how much EC we have as we hit high levels and the end game.

Not to mention that it is probably an 'easy' fix. Just change something in the formula from '+' to '-'. That was basically the bug. It added EC when you retrieve instead of subtracting.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Oh well, the cure space still crashes every 30 seconds :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    totally epic stability now NOT....
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    didnt notice a difference, it froze up durring a ground battle when i was trying to activate kit powers
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Well, stability might be better, but now we are back to broken teaming for STFs/Mirror event and being added to completed maps....great "fix".
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    Oh well, the cure space still crashes every 30 seconds :(

the cure space when u go in turn your game volume down to 0 it wont crash then
  • Options
    edited October 2011

They should concentrate on getting some stability on the game and fixing the damn STF infected ground bug where if you die fighting the boss and if you cannot respawn in time, you don't get any loot rather than fixing something stupid with the economy. There is nothing more infuriating than working hard for nothing.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    pr1983 wrote: »
    It's back up, but still no T4 bop... Tres annoying. Might just buy a raptor and be done with it... :(

I'm just gonna keep slowly leveling via DOFF missions in my T3 BoP. And blowing up a lot when I try to do some missions. I hope they fix this bug soon, its a bit of a hurdle to playing a science captain that doesn't want to fly cruisers or raptors.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    At least the new blog post showed us what they were doing this morning...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    the cure space when u go in turn your game volume down to 0 it wont crash then

No, that was the solution before the patch. Now, after the stability patch, it crashes whether the sound is on or not. I even disbled my soundcard and it still CTD'd.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    boglejam wrote: »
    No, that was the solution before the patch. Now, after the stability patch, it crashes whether the sound is on or not. I even disbled my soundcard and it still CTD'd.

Lovely, will be avoiding these until at least the Thursday patch then it would seem (if it is fixed then).
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Quick comment, but I hope you create different icons for the different consoles, since it's confusing to have the same icon for the cloak and antimatter spread.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I wise they had fixed the Trade Assignments.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    If the economy is so important to this testing phase perhaps they should have fast tracked the money as well as the xp. On an average trip to VA on the main server I accumulate app. 2 million EC. Hitting VA during this test I had around 200k. I would say any information they are gathering about the economy during this test is misleading at best, disasterously off base is more likely.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    If the economy is so important to this testing phase perhaps they should have fast tracked the money as well as the xp. On an average trip to VA on the main server I accumulate app. 2 million EC. Hitting VA during this test I had around 200k. I would say any information they are gathering about the economy during this test is misleading at best, disasterously off base is more likely.

a legitimate gripe, however if that's the case the data should flush that out, and it would be thrown off by people taking advantage of an exploit to get more EC. I agree the EC does seem more rare in this test, I've only got about 1.2 Million on the character that I leveled up to VA, whereas on the character I ported I had about 4.5 I think this can also be attributed to a lot of players just starting out, therefore the value of items on the exchange is much lower. Supply and demand, you know?
  • Options
    edited October 2011

The equipment of every new ship is worth zero now.
    DOFF system requires commodities or EC for some assignments.

And they intended for a lower EC influx to begin with.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    And still no Vor'kang nor the new K'tinga in the Cstore...
    You can still see the Vor'kang when you're at the requisitions officer, but you can't buy it.
    Can't see it in the cstore unless you talk to him.
    Thought you wanted me to start a new guy so you could see what I like to buy...?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Maruko wrote:
    The equipment of every new ship is worth zero now.
    DOFF system requires commodities or EC for some assignments.

And they intended for a lower EC influx to begin with.

We are getting less because we're leveling three to four times as fast as we would be on the main server. The number of enemies we face is reduced. The number os missions we have to do is reduced. In no way is the flow of EC during this phase of testing any reflection on how it will be once it goes live. Make any excuses you care to, but the truth is any information they are gathering on the economy at the moment is worthless. I couldn't care less about the replicator bug, it wasn't the point of my post. My post was about priorities and the lack of fixes for issues that are having an impact on our ability to play and test effectively. Studying the economy is something you do later in testing, once the market has had a chance to establish itself and after major issues which effect the ability to actually play the game are dealt with. This is basic beta testing stuff, people.... not rocket science.