Options

The Merit/Honor System MUST STAY.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    havam wrote:
    How much for gold, how much for silver??
    thank you

As much as you can afford.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    StormShade wrote:
    I talked with The Team about this today. Merit and Honor are going to be gone for good. However, I beleive you'll be seeing a favorable change to the way boffs are trained very soon on Tribble.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Good to hear. Maybe I'll be able to remove some stuff from my signature in the near future.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Galtrovan wrote: »
    Good to hear. Maybe I'll be able to remove some stuff from my signature in the near future.

Maybe. Maybe they will announce something new on STOKED or the new dev recruited from STOKED will tell us something new that we will (scratch that) SHOULD be looking forward too.

Oh and if you disagree you are not a fan. AlL HAIL THE NEW STO STOKED COLLECTIVE.

YOUR BRAIN IS OUR BRAIN.

Just how does STOKED get all those exclusives. ITS A MIRACLE!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    StormShade wrote:
    You did see that part where I mentioned a "favorable change" to the way this works right?

This is an issue I can honestly say does not need the torch and pitchfork approach.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Rather than being CRYPTIC (AGAIN)...

... if it's so dang-nabbed great, just tell us what the Hell it is...

Even if it's only in the design stage, give us a bit of insight that could help to bring our moral up a bit...

What the frack-a-doodle difference does it make, if we find out now or a week (two??) from now...

It's this kinda TRIBBLE that really gets my blood boiling....

You guys really do SUCK at Customer Relation's.

Sheesh... :rolleyes:

Addendum:

Not all of you suck, Heretic & Goz are the two Devs that have been cool enough to let us in on the DoFF system and Peeks at new ships since the begining...

Perhaps the rest of you could take a page out of their play-books and learn a thing or two about keeping the Howling STO Hoards somewhat happy during the next several months .
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    <===== Support this Avatar if you carry a Pitch Fork and Torch
    StormShade wrote:
    This is an issue I can honestly say does not need the torch and pitchfork approach.
    *Hands out Pitch Forks and Torches*

Restore our faith-trust in Cryptic First

Oh wait can't do that AND make a Profit.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Asakara wrote:
    From my experience it does not cost C-Points (i.e. real cash) to train a bridge officer with a skill your character has. Were you prompted to spend C-Points to train one of your BOs with a skill your character can train on tribble?

In addition, from my experience the NPC at ESD who trains your BOFFs with new skills only has an EC cost listed and did not show any DL cost at all that I could see.. Even though there may be a bug which charges DL.

Seeing how they have already done away with Merits/Honor on tribble, in my opinion it should just cost a small amount of EC to train a BO with a skill your player has.. Just like it seems (to me) to be intended with the NPC who trains BO skills at ESD.

it costs Dilithium, which you can trade for CPoints meaning it is theoretically possible to charge cpoints for say CRFIII or another player only skill, that many folks would do for free. This has Nothing to do with the Boff trainer
    it has everything to do with player skills, so unless they get rid of that, you will see it, greed, rules all. as it is some folks out there try to get EC for skills now on live. so yeah, it can happen.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Rather than being CRYPTIC (AGAIN)...

... if it's so dang-nabbed great, just tell us what the Hell it is...

Even if it's only in the design stage, give us a bit of insight that could help to bring our moral up a bit...

What the frack-a-doodle difference does it make, if we find out now or a week (two??) from now...

It's this kinda TRIBBLE that really gets my blood boiling....

You guys really do SUCK at Customer Relation's.

Sheesh... :rolleyes:

Not all of you suck, Heretic & Goz are the two Devs that have been cool enough to let us in on the DoFF system and Peeks at new ships since the begining...

Perhaps the rest of you could take a page out of their play-books and learn a thing or two about keeping the Howling STO Hoards somewhat happy during the next several months .

Get spoiled and expect the world after.:rolleyes:

You do test right?, half the "coming" things from your favs aren't even on the sever. My God, your game will not change on you without warning.

Also, "Customer service is what you want, not what you'd give."
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    StormShade wrote:

Thanks,

Stormshade

I wish we could agree with you, but we can't. Too many things have been done/said that have put off a percentage of your player base. Actions speak louder than words, and so far the actions are not good. loss of storage, loss of ships, loss of respecs from INGAME currency. Loss of "free unscripted" leveling paths. and this is all recent actions.

I /was/ a strong supporter of you all for a long time; now, I hate to say it but I do not trust you as a collective whole. Actions speak louder than anything you can put on this page. Fix your bugs, update your matrix, stop the pay to win. Start doing things to /show/ us you can be trusted, and we will then believe you.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    maina wrote: »
    Get spoiled and expect the world after.:rolleyes:

You do test right?, half the "coming" things from your favs aren't even on the sever. My God, your game will not change on you without warning.

Also, "Customer service is what you want, not what you'd give."

You completely ignored my point about Them missing an opportunity to increase the Moral of many of the players around here...

... with a bit of finesse, StormShades' answer could have been a Customer Relations (not Service) Success, instead of another addition to the fiasco that has bloomed over the last several moths.

You also conveniently ignored my point about how those two particular Dev's, keep us somewhat Informed as to what's coming, rather than just tossing out comments that have no apparent value other than to take up thread space.

The Goz and Heretic have done more to keep many STO players hanging around with just a bit of info and pics here and there, than anybody else on the team.

Oh, and I wasn't asking to be Spoiled, I was asking for something more than just a response, that's neither particularly informative nor particularly polite.

And next time, if and when you respond to one of my posts, try not to be so high and mighty...

You have no clue what I truly expect from this game and jumped to a conclusion that is totally wrong in my particular case.

Just for your info..., I have over thirty years of insight into what appropriate customer Relations should be, as I have been working in the medical field with daily, hands-on patient care during that time.
    If I were to give the type of answers to my clients that Cryptic gives Us at times, any one of my many boss's, would have fired me ages ago.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Krell83 wrote:
    <===== Support this Avatar if you carry a Pitch Fork and Torch
    *Hands out Pitch Forks and Torches*

Restore our faith-trust in Cryptic First

Oh wait can't do that AND make a Profit.

Once more, your avatar means nothing bad. It is NOT an anti-Cryptic avatar.

Your avatar is CLEARLY stating "No fires at the Cryptic building".

So asking people to rally behind a FIRE SAFETY MESSAGE does not seem like a "Pitch Fork and Torch" type action to me.

;)