Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 6, 2011

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The Refining needs to be somewhere more like:

You can refine up to 8,000 Dilithium Ore per day.

1 Dilithium Ore = 2/3/4 Refined Dilithium

Otherwise this is just rediculous. Weeks of grinding for a single weapon.

Please Cryptic, hear our plea!

Also, if this is not done, the Dilithium to C-Point exchange will be bare. Dilithium would be worth only a few C-Points, as you could buy a ship for far cheaper than slowly accruieing Dilithium from the store.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    FyreMouse wrote:
    or ya know Chuck Norris would do it differently.

He's make us do it all on a TotalGym and we'd have to pay S&H
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Firix wrote:
    Also, if this is not done, the Dilithium to C-Point exchange will be bare. Dilithium would be worth only a few C-Points, as you could buy a ship for far cheaper than slowly accruieing Dilithium from the store.

Um yeah, it's going to be the other way around 1 C-point for lots of dilithium. That's the way games that do a "game money for cash shop money" work, lots of grinding for $1 point.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The new patch is up on the launcher now.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.16.20111002a.5

Known Issues:
    • Players will not be able to train Bridge Officers in new powers at this time.

Really? this is kinda of important.

I know its only a test server, but who screwed the pooch on that one, this is bloody inconvient.

also I did an exploration mission, DV, and there was no mention of dilithium anywhere as a reward for the mission.

also, what happened to all the DO missions, seems all i can get are science ones, do i need to wait 4hours?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    pay someone overtime this weekend to fix this if you have too! this has to be fixed immediately!

It's a test server.... :/
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So, they made the dilithium a little easier to get, but it still means that all the work we put into just getting to the level for a new ship is all for nothing without any.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Unfortunately I have to agree that the pooch got screwed on the (Only refine 8000 dilithium a day idea.). I can and totally understand if this were a "silver member" item. Since silvers are not financially contributing, (cstore is a contribution yes, but is not a recurring income like a subscription is.) I can see giving reasons to encourage them to spend $'s to purchase ships, items, etc, and encouraging them to "grind" out to get items, makes them want to sub so they dont' have to. But I feel that "gold members" should not have such a cap. Since gold members are paying for full access, we should have said full access. By removing our ability to have full access by this limitation you are removing our full access. This would even give "silver members" an enticement and a reason to subscribe. Yes people can say, but a silver can pay for 1 month and then turn it all into dillithium. That is true, but they still have to spend all the time grinding out the ore, and since there is no refined dilithium packs in the cstore, no other way to get dilithium that way. So they still get the extra $15 for the one month which is more money then $0. So they make a profit, and golds keep their access.

My 2 cents.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Please forgive me, but your emergency maintenance did not fix the problem that all the damn exploration dailies except B'Tran still give no Dilithium. I can do 1 daily for every exploration cluster that gives me skill points and BO Skill points, very helpful.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    decker999 wrote: »
    Please forgive me, but your emergency maintenance did not fix the problem that all the damn exploration dailies except B'Tran still give no Dilithium. I can do 1 daily for every exploration cluster that gives me skill points and BO Skill points, very helpful.

confirmed, no dilithium from the t'nog i just did.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Achieving level 8 should appropriately unlock duty officers.

Am I correct in assuming that this fixes the "don't turn the mission (whichever mission it is) in until you reach level 12 or you won't get your initial cadre" issue from the general update opening the KDF?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I still don't have my test cryptic points that I purchased. Is this going to be fixed?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yeah FM - you're right.

I hope I never said anything like that.

To that end however - I am glad to see MANY faces around these forums expressing their concerns that normally (like me) wouldn't drop a toe in here for fear of being flamed by the regulars.

I am heartened to see that the "regular" players are testing this out on Tribble and have come here to vocalize their opinions.

It IS a test - and if our voices aren't heard here cleary and loudly BEFOREHAND, then we would only have ourselves to blame for a allowing our favorite game to defile itself and the Trek franchise.

I only ever recall this type of vociferous feedback when a lot of us said a death penalty would be a waste.

And we were right.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    dstahl wrote: »
    Before this spins out of speculation control, I can assure you there are no restrictions on content access, including future Feature Series. In addition, subscribers should notice little to no change. As far as I've seen, any changes in price will be to lower prices on some items.

That aside, if you don't like the game, you don't like the game. The entire concept of F2P is that you don't have to pay for the game. You can play it for free and if you like and want to play deeper into the game, then you can still do that for free. Perfect World has a strong philosphy that it should be possible for a free player to reach maximum level without spending a dime. In my opinion, if you enjoy the game, then you will spend money on it. And if you don't then that's ok too.

The game certainly still has issues (as do most young MMO), but I'd argue that the game has improved tremendously since launch day. By our 2nd anniversary in February, I think this game will be significantly better than it was even at year 1 anniversary.

Perfect World has made it very clear that they want to invest in STO because they believe it has great POTENTIAL and they see an investment that can yield an even better game. That to me, is the golden path that this game deserves. It is Star Trek we are talking about!
    Guess he didn't see very far. Lied to us til the End.

Oh n for Proof of that, his Track Record Speaks volumes.
    dstahl wrote: »
    The team continues to release Klingon improvements with every major update, and Season 4 will be no different. KDF costume customization options, new Gorn, new KDF tutorial, Start as a KDF with your first toon, KDF Duty Officer Assignments, releveleved KDF PVE content, opening up more KDF sectors - its all in the works.

As I've said in numerous interviews - don't take me at my word - just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that.
    We all know how much really came with Season Four: Epic Fail
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    decker999 wrote: »

Confirmed, I did the Delta Volanis and Areucanis Arm and got no dilithium (neither ore, nor refined), but the daily timer started ticking after I turned it in. So it's a daily... only no dilithium and with skill rewards that are too low to be dailies.

I had just turned Commander so maybe I can only do Khazan and Afehirr for dilithium?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    rahniranir wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have to agree that the pooch got screwed on the (Only refine 8000 dilithium a day idea.). I can and totally understand if this were a "silver member" item. Since silvers are not financially contributing, (cstore is a contribution yes, but is not a recurring income like a subscription is.) I can see giving reasons to encourage them to spend $'s to purchase ships, items, etc, and encouraging them to "grind" out to get items, makes them want to sub so they dont' have to. But I feel that "gold members" should not have such a cap. Since gold members are paying for full access, we should have said full access. By removing our ability to have full access by this limitation you are removing our full access. This would even give "silver members" an enticement and a reason to subscribe. Yes people can say, but a silver can pay for 1 month and then turn it all into dillithium. That is true, but they still have to spend all the time grinding out the ore, and since there is no refined dilithium packs in the cstore, no other way to get dilithium that way. So they still get the extra $15 for the one month which is more money then $0. So they make a profit, and golds keep their access.

My 2 cents.

This is the only solution I can think of. Limiting paying and non-paying members the same really defeats the purposes for paying. Not getting free ships I can understand, but limiting paying customers from earning their content at a reasonable rate, that makes no sense.