test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 6, 2011

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.16.20111002a.5

General:
  • Dilithium conversion will now actually convert dilithium, instead of crashing the client.
  • Reduced casualty and fatality chances from Military item assignments.
  • Duty Officer assignment mission results will no longer share the exact same outcome when you turn them in at the same time.
  • Traveling to another players interior will no longer cause duty officer assignments to shuffle erratically.
  • Achieving level 8 should appropriately unlock duty officers.
Known Issues:
  • Players will not be able to train Bridge Officers in new powers at this time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    And of course nothing about the grossly inflated C-store prices.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Any plans to reduce the Dilithium prices of items?

It is the equivalent of like, 300+ emblems for a Quantum torpedo
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [*]Players will not be able to train Bridge Officers in new powers at this time.
    [/LIST]

pay someone overtime this weekend to fix this if you have too! this has to be fixed immediately!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Absolutely not happy that only 8000 dilithium can be refined per day. That's a limitation that should be set to nonpaying players, not those of us paying for the full game. This absolutely needs to be revisited. IMHO, paying players should be allowed 10 times that per day. At a minimum.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    If you're looking to train in basic powers, using Bridge officer candidates to train your other boffs is still working. You'll need dilithium to but them, though, about 240 a pop (unless they're adding another zero with this patch).
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    If you're looking to train in basic powers, using Bridge officer candidates to train your other boffs is still working. You'll need dilithium to but them, though, about 240 a pop (unless they're adding another zero with this patch).

Please don't give them any ideas like that.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    droz wrote: »
    Absolutely not happy that only 8000 dilithium can be refined per day. That's a limitation that should be set to nonpaying players, not those of us paying for the full game. This absolutely needs to be revisited. IMHO, paying players should be allowed 10 times that per day. At a minimum.

you do realize we are testing as "silver accounts" at the moment, meaning the non-paying accounts, when they switch over to gold account testing as well, it's possible they will change that.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.16.20111002a.5

General:
    • Duty Officer assignment mission results will no longer share the exact same outcome when you turn them in at the same time.

Will this fix be retroactive?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Tenkari wrote:
    you do realize we are testing as "silver accounts" at the moment, meaning the non-paying accounts, when they switch over to gold account testing as well, it's possible they will change that.

You do realize we are all actually testing as gold members now, right? The changewas announced right before the F2P test launch.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The Dilithium exchange rate for items. aka weapons, shields, etc, is insane. The cost either needs to be lower or we need a ton more dilithium. At this point the economy isn't going to be useful for dilithium, because by the time the players earn a reasonable enough amount to buy anything they would have bought equivalent or better from someone off the exchange for energy credits. Making the dilithium economy system worthless.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Tenkari wrote:

I'd like to believe that, but I doubt it.

It would be most welcome if Golds didn't change. I still wouldn't wish this "grind or else" on SIlvers... it looks pretty rough.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ST.16.20111002a.5

General:
    • Dilithium conversion will now actually convert dilithium, instead of crashing the client.
    Known Issues:
    • Players will not be able to train Bridge Officers in new powers at this time.

Oh fine.. >.< So I'll have to refine Dilithium on the Klingon side just to get Powers I want.. and Discharge the BO's that I don't want.. all while trying to get the next Tier Ship... Fustration upon Fustration.. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Zanshi wrote: »
    I'd like to believe that, but I doubt it.

It would be most welcome if Golds didn't change. I still wouldn't wish this "grind or else" on SIlvers... it looks pretty rough.

Doesn't matter if you believe it or not, the original statement was incorrect. We are testing as Golds. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    boglejam wrote: »
    You do realize we are all actually testing as gold members now, right? The changewas announced right before the F2P test launch.

aye, for proof check your bridge officers. I thought we were testing silvers as well until I realized I was earning additional BOFFs when I leveled. These are gold accounts we are testing.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Tenkari wrote:

I have entirely too many bridge officer and ship slots on tribble to be a silver account.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Tenkari wrote:

No we're not. They changed that shortly before F2P was launched.

We are playing as Gold Members.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Devs have already stated we are testing as gold members.... why else would we recieve a stipend of test points?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Tenkari wrote:

No we are not playing as Silver. We are playing as Gold Members. They said that they decidet to let all play as Gold before it was hitting Tribble.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I spent all my free CP/TP on DOFFs except enough for the Enterprise so i could nab the retro phasers

I like the various kinds of DOFFs I've gotten, and also would like to say that the cstore is going to eat up alot of my cash.

Its like I keep paying for a game I've already bought a dozen times. lol, but I can't help it, I refuse to let anyone have an advantage over me, so I 'have' to buy everything they sell.

I swear, I'm so torn on the cstore nickle and diming me, while at the same time I'm dying to see what they are going to nickle and dime me for next.

Phaser...back of my head....DO IT NOW!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I really hope they fix the prices for buying gear with dilithium.... it would take like 1/3 of a year to fully equip a cruiser... Maxing crafting and kitting out right from nothing takes about two and a half to three weeks if your not just sitting in front of your machine playing all the time....
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I am a paying subscriber (have to be or I wouldn't be able to post this here) who was planning on buying a LTS. BUT if this BS or anything even remotely like it goes live, I will cancel my sub, go silver and never buy a single c-point for use on this game.

CO is doing so well in their FTP system. Yeah, some of the silvers want access to freeform characters but overall it is thriving. And what are they selling in the c-store? Not the basics that you need to play the game, that's for sure. They are selling fluff... and LOTS of it by all accounts. But everything needed to play the game from level 1 to endgame is free. No grinding needed to gather up enough resources to purchase an extra group of powers that you really need to be competitive (or even survive) in the next tier. Take a cue from CO. Don't make your loyal customers grind or pay just for the bare necessities. That BS belongs in some asian MMO, not Star Trek.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So far this economy isn't looking good at all. Looks like STO might be heading for the Great Galactic Depression.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yeah CO's FTP is done better
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    so what is the emergency patch for?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Cleacoe wrote: »
    So far this economy isn't looking good at all. Looks like STO might be heading for the Great Galactic Depression.

I'm hoarding Medical Supplies, Provisos, Water Purification Systems, and female officers.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Dilithium issue? It seems the players including me are taking offense to the high prices. I beleive they are doing this to keep silver members hanging around on STO. You guys want everything NOW! Try to look at it like real life you have to earn thing in life rather than quickly earn given. I for one would appreciate gear that was earned over time than quickly earned. Be patient.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    OtakuboyT wrote: »
    I'm hoarding Medical Supplies, Provisos, Water Purification Systems, and female officers.

What a coincidence.

That was Kirk's (And thus the Enterprise's) true five year mission.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Dilithium issue? It seems the players including me are taking offense to the high prices. I beleive they are doing this to keep silver members hanging around on STO. You guys want everything NOW! Try to look at it like real life you have to earn thing in life rather than quickly earn given. I for one would appreciate gear that was earned over time than quickly earned. Be patient.

lol some people just make you want to bang your head on your keyboard
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    BETA.... repeat after me B-E-T-A

Look Folks...just like when the game was in Alpha and early release Beta. It's Beta. that means it can be changed and they are trying new approaches. Yeah, some of them fail, but they are generally taking our input and improving the game with it.

Relax, give the team constructive criticism, and help make things better instead of crying that the ship is sinking and the game is dying. yes there are issues and no I'm not that thrilled about F2P BUT if it keeps the game alive and keeps bringing new content to the game and new players then i'm all for it. I bought the life time when it was still pre-release and I'm just as happy that i did today as I was when i first saw my ship leave a contrail in a nebula

So relax and give them a chance.

Oh and one other thing, yes we all liked DStahl, but he's gone, he left for a better opportunity just like anyone else in IT does.Give DAngelo a break and stop hitting the team over the head with "But DSTAHL said" or if DStahl was here" or ya know Chuck Norris would do it differently.

Cheers,
    FyreMouse
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    FyreMouse wrote:
    BETA.... repeat after me B-E-T-A

Which is exactly why it is so important people tell them exactly what they think now. If people just "calm down" or wait and see then things might not get changed and and go live this way, and then it will be too late. So your right, its beta, and this is exactly when people need to be saying all the things they are in this thread.