test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First Stipend of Test Points Awarded

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hi Folks!

We've awarded the first stipend of 1,200 Tribble Test Points to all accounts which had a character on the Tribble test server as of today's downtime.

Additional Stipends will be given out at a later date. If you did not have a character on Tribble at the start of today's downtime, you can receive the next stipend simply by logging in and creating a character on Tribble.

Thanks, and happy testing!

Stormshade
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Er, you overwrote the test point balances for anyone who went on and bought some points after the patch was applied. Might want to check that!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Your "Award" Was a Point Reset not a Point Addition. Consquently, anybody, myself including, who bought points before hand got those points erased. Go look at the C-STore Tribble forum for posts.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Why have C-Store prices gone up across the board on Tribble? It says at the below link that prices would not go up.

http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_faq#16
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Eklinaar wrote:
    Why have C-Store prices gone up across the board on Tribble? It says at the below link that prices would not go up.

hmmm... what's up with that?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Wooho now I can buy a T3 ship for my Captain rank.... *End Sarcasm*
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Eklinaar wrote:

Yes, I'm hoping this was a mistake
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    "There are currently no plans to increase the price of any premium ship. Fo..."

Please tell me where they said they won't be increasing prices.
    Now don't get me wrong, i want to see cstore prices drop as much as any1 else, but i don't recall cryptic ever saying that they will not increase the prices.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Eklinaar wrote:

Screen cap before they change it
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    You overwrote instead of adding points.
    See thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=234592
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I got affected by the "Point Award" too. Lost 10,000 Test Cpoints. Now I can't even buy a T3 ship in the CStore since it happened while I was getting DO packs and didn't notice it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Eklinaar wrote:

Actually it says "currently no plans to increase prices"
    From experiance I've learned that's code for "we have the right to change our minds whenever we want, and we probably will" :D
    With the "free" allotment of Cryptics points every month to paying subscribers, I can't say I didn't see a price hike coming.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    interestingly the rhode island is now 400 points.

now before i say too much im not going to get worked up over the prices on the test server, this may be accurate, it may be totally overblown for testing to see what people buy. it may apply only to silver accounts when it goes live or it may be for everybody.

id like to hear some official comments on it first.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    id like to hear some official comments on it first.

Yeah that will happen like the F2P Q&A Forum, we all got official answers there lol
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I lost 20, 000 C-store test points
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Primus01 wrote: »
    I lost 20, 000 C-store test points

Seriously..? You paid Cryptic $250 for C-store points all in one go?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    segma wrote: »
    Seriously..? You paid Cryptic $250 for C-store points all in one go?

And there is the reason they get away with everything. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Screen cap before they change it

Just FYI - from the F2P FAQ:
    Q: Will there be any changes to the C-Store now that STO is going free-to-play?

A: Yes. We'll be reviewing the content and prices of goods on offer in the C-store. This includes prices for ships at all tiers. There are currently no plans to increase the price of any premium ship. For now, we know that some previously purchasable playable species will soon be free (Ferengi, Rigelian, Pakled, Tellarite), and others (Liberated Borg, Joined Trill, Federation Klingons) will be earned through other means. If you have already unlocked access to any C-store items, including playable species, you will retain that access in the free-to-play transition.

Not defending any C-Store price changes per se; but the only thing stated not to be changing were the price of 'premium ships'. If they did up the prices on any of the existing C-Store ships, then yes, you've got a valid gripe. But be aware, when CO went F2P many item prices did in fact go up; so I'd be very surprised if that didn't happen also with STO. (And no, I don't like C-Store price increases either; but, if you want to gt out the Pitchforks, be sure you know what they (Cryptic) said with regard to the C-Store and F2P. (And if anyone can find a Dev post where they stated siomething different, by all means share it. Let's keep them 'honest'.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Armsman wrote: »
    Just FYI - from the F2P FAQ:

Not defending any C-Store price changes per se; but the only thing stated not to be changing were the price of 'premium ships'. If they did up the prices on any of the existing C-Store ships, then yes, you've got a valid gripe. But be aware, when CO went F2P many item prices did in fact go up; so I'd be very surprised if that didn't happen also with STO. (And no, I don't like C-Store price increases either; but, if you want to gt out the Pitchforks, be sure you know what they (Cryptic) said with regard to the C-Store and F2P. (And if anyone can find a Dev post where they stated siomething different, by all means share it. Let's keep them 'honest'.

Well, you used to be able to get the excelsior with plaques (which are no longer awarded), and the base Excel is now C-Store only for 800 CP when it used to be able to be bought for E.C. and the refit is now up to 1600 CP. soooo that's a MAJOR change that is not cool. It really doesn't affect me since all my characters are at max level, but still...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I have my team working now on correcting the Test Point problem, with scary, big, well armed Klingon warriors making sure they don't leave their desks until everything is set right. I'm very, very sorry and we will get this corrected as soon as possible.

For those concerned that 1,200 points is not sufficient to try out some parts of the game, this is just the first stipend. There will be more coming at different times during the test period, and I'll keep the Klingon warriors on retainer for the next time the stipend is granted.

Stephen D'Angelo
    Executive Producer
    Star Trek Online
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    sdangelo wrote: »
    I have my team working now on correcting the Test Point problem, with scary, big, well armed Klingon warriors making sure they don't leave their desks until everything is set right. I'm very, very sorry and we will get this corrected as soon as possible.

For those concerned that 1,200 points is not sufficient to try out some parts of the game, this is just the first stipend. There will be more coming at different times during the test period, and I'll keep the Klingon warriors on retainer for the next time the stipend is granted.

Stephen D'Angelo
    Executive Producer
    Star Trek Online

I think the more pressing concern on most of our minds is the 33% increase on nearly every item in the C-store when we were previously promised either no change or reduced prices. Ships were previously over priced, now they are ridiculously over priced. Previously EC ships (Excelsior at T3) are now C-store ships. This is what we want addressed on top of the Test Points being removed.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Stephen D'Angelo
    Executive Producer
    Star Trek Online

You raised the price of a t5 Excelsior to 1600cp...and it looks from the description that it is now for one character, not the whole account, yes?

Are ships going to be per character only now?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Shakkar wrote: »
    You raised the price of a t5 Excelsior to 1600cp...and it looks from the description that it is now for one character, not the whole account, yes?

I can't really say I'm surprised by all of this. They've been making themselves too greedy and morally bankrupt to think straight lately.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

If it is I will be quite upset because I bought the ships under that pretense. I would not have bought the ships then if they were per character prices and I will not buy new ships if they are per character unless they are like a third of the price that they are on holodeck... This is getting scary... I really really hope this is just left over stuff from internal testing or something that didn't get changed back to prices that were inline with holodeck.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

To ask the related question before the answer comes: is the Galaxy X a caracter unlock too now?
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Stephen D'Angelo
    Executive Producer
    Star Trek Online
    Like the one In Gambit Part 2 that was 2 feet taller than Worf?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I don't mind the price hike (It's most likely for the F2P'ers who are coming in) Plus Criptic is giving me $5 in credits a month for free for being a Lifer.

I can save my C-Points for a rainy day. and Cryptic can use the extra cash to meet the upcoming demand from F2P.

On the otherhand, Premium ships going per character sounds bad. (if its true that is). will those who bought them when they were account wide, stay account wide?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think the more pressing concern on most of our minds is the 33% increase on nearly every item in the C-store when we were previously promised either no change or reduced prices. Ships were previously over priced, now they are ridiculously over priced. Previously EC ships (Excelsior at T3) are now C-store ships. This is what we want addressed on top of the Test Points being removed.

They never said they wont raise prices.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Switching ships from per account to per character plus raising the prices on top of that is one heck of a price hike... more like a gouge. I never make a lot of noise on these forums, but for me this takes the cake.

Plus where are the pre release items? I have a bunch of TRIBBLE that I am supposed to be able to claim right off the bat. Where's my liberated borg BO?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    wrote:
    They never said they wont raise prices.
    exactly. the only promise they made was that they 'had no plans currently'
    so yeah, there's no promise broken on that area. currently means things can change (which they did)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Prior to his leaving Dan Stahl did in fact come flat out and state that most prices would go down. He's said it both on STOked, and in text here on the forums. This is the exact opposite. It's also a poor decision considering how over priced ships were in the past.