What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance (August 15, 2011)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well there went a fleet event Thanks ever so much Cryptic seriously seems you guys arent having a good time lately making people happy.

You're right; it would be much better if they just didn't fix anything.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    AHarnaman wrote:
    normally we get the nice pink popup in plenty of time but so far nothing - nadda - zip, Hate to be starting an stf right about now ! but customer care/service and cryptic never did go hand in hand i guess :rolleyes:

Have to agree with this.

I have no problem with maintenance being done. However a system message in-game that the server is coming down would be nice. Cryptic has given us messages in-game before that the server was coming down.

Had no idea any maintenance was coming and I was right in the middle of a mission...

Seems some dropped the ball on this one.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Um just a question. Is fixing the foundry really worth an Emergency Maintenance? I wonder if it couldnt be something else.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    lawl did they ever fixed anything important? or did they fixed more bugs into it :confused:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Note: Your "Read More" link on the official site goes to the Atari Support page, where there is nothing more to read. It would probably make more sense if it linked to this thread instead.

:cool:

Yeah, saw that too...Made me go :confused:
    Methinks someone made a boo-boo....
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    At least then the server is going down planned i whant to see 30 mins warning ingame.. did just started stf run puged group.. so now i will need to wait 24 hours to try again..

Poor planning i say realy poor Cryptic
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    This happened last Friday didnt it? Was it brought back up over the weekend or something?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Well, i didnt have anything i was doing before the server shutted down, but no warnings?. Comeon man you dont just rule out the warnings that an emergancy is imminent. My friend is very Annoyed right now since he was doing the fleet op against the Crysteline Entity and it was at 33% after about an hours struggle.

I just hope that my stuff from exchange doesnt just suddenly dissapear cause then im the one with a sad face :( .

allso would you guys look into the group disband bug when ever we do the pve/pvp queues and get in to kill it just kicks everyone out, if it isnt what you're doing allready.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Nooooooooo! I was soloing The Infected! Missed the announcement, server went down just as I was finishing off the transwarp gateway! :'-( lol

Seriously though, it's cool, if maintenance needs to be done I don't get angry or anything, but please consider an in-game pop-up notification of some sort, it would be a really nice way to give us a heads-up ahead of time. Just so it's not so much of a surprise sometimes.

x
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Yea... a ingame warning would have been nice, but it wasnt completely without warning:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=228282
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Yup, an in game warning woulda been nice. Just put a music playlist together for some good old space fight'n, tabbed back, first volley on target and blammo! Closed.

Only an hour and a half though. Guess I can use the playlist for some epic dishwashing.

btw the Tron soundtrack is some of the greatest music ever for space battles; 'specialy if you have a cloak ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Why?!
    I was at the End of a Mission. And i don´t want to restart this Mission again. No warnig in Game! Grrr. Next Time a warnig in game please. Thank you!!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    And another thing! Cryptic, you wrote UDT instead of UTC! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS??? NNNAAARRRGGGHHH rageragerage. This is CLEARLY the most important thing wrong with the game, and you should be focusing SOLELY on this and not FEs or the Foundry or PVP or anything else.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Errr... I didnt know there was anything scheduled? Nor did I get any warning at all :S

Last time i checked, anything "Emergency" isn't scheduled. :cool:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    And 99 times out of 100 they give a warning to people logged in. This time they didn't. I doubt that was intentional (i.e. I'm sure it was a simple error), but hey, let's keep raging about it.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    cheer wrote: »
    And another thing! Cryptic, you wrote UDT instead of UTC! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS??? NNNAAARRRGGGHHH rageragerage. This is CLEARLY the most important thing wrong with the game, and you should be focusing SOLELY on this and not FEs or the Foundry or PVP or anything else.

The communication between the staff and the community is the most important thing and really lacks something at this moment.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    just littel hard to read forums then you playing in game i
    dont have 2 screens hocked up to my computer
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Easy their Wishy can't be down on us because of no in game announcement of the server coming down now can ya, Most are just saying a lil consistency would be nice, many of us don't come to the forums before we login in and I don't think it's practical to expect we do?

So maybe say a lil sumthin in the server Admin's ear about giving the count down on all server down's not just some? Kay TY :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Grr, I wasn't even playing at the time and I am COMPLETELY OUTRAGED by this... :mad:

:D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    we pay monthly, some did lifetime

how about paying back some bucks ??? could be need some extra cash :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I'm glad to see all these experts who are so knowledgable about the ability of 1's and 0's ability to stay 1's and 0's in the proper order (in the millions of lines of said 1's and 0's) on banks of magnetic hardware.

Anyone notice that the link announcing the emergency maintenance sends you to an Atari page :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    anazonda wrote: »
    Yea... a ingame warning would have been nice, but it wasnt completely without warning:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=228282

I agree an in-game warning would be nice, wonders if they could use the Bulletin board for this :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Just stop talking

Way to represent your fleet. Such a nice, friendly, and well mannered leader.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, that announcement really didnt make any sense because the Foundry was taken down on Friday not today.

I was thinking that as well, but at least we can see there eye is on the foundry.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Is that me or is that a long hour?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    sc00p wrote: »

Yeah I hope this emergency is going to make it where we don't need 2000 tokens or 830 emblems to buy the only raptor retrofit which is not even a klingon ship btw lol. If they made those ships more easily accessable they could take all time they need with this timeline LOL :D. Possibly they might be letting Klingons go on DS9 now and not the terradome DS9 rofl. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Well.... With the poor connection TO the game, the being marked AFK when I have been online all the time clicking EVERYTHING trying to get SOMETHING to happen ( thank the gods i wasn't IN a mission) and the 4+ hours getting from DS9 to Memory Alpha ( yes, that does include it finally transwarping me to earth outside of space dock ) the sudden DC with no notice is no biggie. With all the scans I've done on my end, checking the game, system memory, even the ( word removed ) 10/100/1g net card for any sign of errors I know the cruddy connection me and a few i managed to chat with isn't at my end so a simple no warning of DC happened to a few people for an emergency repair of some kind.... I hope it is to get PORTS that will connect to someone like me in Canada so I can USE what time i got to do more than see how many times i can lap a planet before being marked AFK!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I love how when Cryptic makes one slip-up, we treat them like they're the worst people in the world. :p
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    sc00p wrote: »

You pay fifty cents a day for a subscription. You want your 1/24th of fifty cents? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Zeuxidemus wrote:
    I was one marble away from being a stable person and then BOOM! Ok ok maybe a few more marbles but I WAS SO CLOSE!

ROFL good one....at least you are close!!! :D
This discussion has been closed.