test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance (August 15, 2011)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We have temporarily disabled The Foundry on Holodeck. Thank you for your patience! ~The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Holodeck will be brought down for emergency maintenance at 11:00 AM PDT (1800 UDT) . We are expecting this downtime to last no more than a hour and a half. Upon completion of the maintenance, this message will be updated accordingly.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Is this a fix for the Foundry?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Is this a fix for the Foundry?

It does seem to follow the timeline that Dsthal set, although I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Well there went a fleet event Thanks ever so much Cryptic seriously seems you guys arent having a good time lately making people happy.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    A fleet event on a Monday? Seriously, think about that for a second.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    *Please, please fix the Foundry*
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    A fleet event on a Monday? Seriously, think about that for a second.

REMOVED Thank you
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    They also just anounded the foundary was taken down, (Cryptic ops said it same time as this post.) I think they are pushing the new foundary build.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Maybe it's to fix the people in GO.

The server is going down in ~30mins for 1,5hrs so best not start any STFs.

Is the server going down?
    Yes.

Oh when is it going down?
    In about 30mins.

The server is going down? When and how long for?
    ~30mins for 1.5hrs.

When is the server is going down?

....Ended up pasting from the forums but people still asking about the downtime and organsing STFs...

Some people should not have the intelligence to live:confused:.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    might be corteous to announce it to the server if its in 10 mins as your indicating ? just a though you know customer service and all :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    We run fleet events when we got players who want to run them you run your fleet how you want Ill run mine how I want so mind your own damn business

Wow. Sorry you are inconvenienced by the emergency maintenence. Maybe this would be a good time to grab that nap you need since you seem to be a big, fussy baby. :D

Downtime sucks.

Its a video game you can't play for an hour, not a chemotherapy session you are being forced to skip.

Calm down.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Well there went a fleet event Thanks ever so much Cryptic seriously seems you guys arent having a good time lately making people happy.

No offense, but dstahl said friday the new Foundry build was ready and they expected to push it in today. It has to go in 'sometime" and can't always be at everyone's playing convenience.

Though I am sorry your event had to be postponed.

"Needs of the many" applies here. :cool:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    AHarnaman wrote:
    might be corteous to announce it to the server if its in 10 mins as your indicating ? just a though you know customer service and all :rolleyes:

See previous post. Even when you tell people about stuff people still do the Homer Simpson and ask the same flippin question 3 times. Thisis why it's all the more annoying when I keep getting the FE bulletins popping up, people will still ask about the FE's.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    normally we get the nice pink popup in plenty of time but so far nothing - nadda - zip, Hate to be starting an stf right about now ! but customer care/service and cryptic never did go hand in hand i guess :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    boglejam wrote: »
    Wow. Sorry you are inconvenienced by the emergency maintenence. Maybe this would be a good time to grab that nap you need since you seem to be a big, fussy baby. :D

Downtime sucks.

Its a video game you can't play for an hour, not a chemotherapy session you are being forced to skip.

Calm down.

REMOVED:D:D:D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    We run fleet events when we got players who want to run them you run your fleet how you want Ill run mine how I want so mind your own damn business

If it's none of our business, why are you whining about it in a public forum?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... I was just about to get my Sci to RA1... Was one meter from Quinn xD
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Errr... I didnt know there was anything scheduled? Nor did I get any warning at all :S
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Maybe an ingame warning next time ?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I was one Bat'leth swing away from a Trophy :P
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Folks, I'll leave some erasers in this thread so each of you can grab one, check their postings and make sure that the Flaming / Trolling just vanishes before I get to my reported posts. Oki?

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I can understand the Emergency Maintenance, but why no heads-up by the Server Admin? :confused:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Yeah that was weird, no in-game announcement. When they did the maintenance the other night (Thurs? Fri?) there was a 30 min, 15, 5 warning in game. Somebody missed that today, a little jarring to be suddenly disconnected.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Just stop talking

It's ok. We know you are grouchy. You'll feel better after your nap and I'm sure the game will be back up for you by then. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Note: Your "Read More" link on the official site goes to the Atari Support page, where there is nothing more to read. It would probably make more sense if it linked to this thread instead.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Sollaf wrote: »
    They also just anounded the foundary was taken down, (Cryptic ops said it same time as this post.) I think they are pushing the new foundary build.

Yeah, that announcement really didnt make any sense because the Foundry was taken down on Friday not today.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    As others have said, rather annoying that there was no in-game warning. I was running a bunch of missions with a couple of other players.

Anyway, I hope this maintenance is productive!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I was one marble away from being a stable person and then BOOM! Ok ok maybe a few more marbles but I WAS SO CLOSE!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Did Atari ever heard about a magical word called CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP?
    :mad:

will they ever learn it, maybe to tell or just a fcking message at server "hold on a sec take your time in 30min for 1,5hour....." whatEVER

darn STO its freaking me out
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    MHh kay. Wasnt it that the devs tried to be more transparent and open with us?
This discussion has been closed.