test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ENTERPRISE Theme Best or worst theme ever?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Ten Forward
I like the first verison better it made me feel like I was reaching for the heavens. The remixed verision later in the series kind of sucked it sounds like a joke theme which reminded me of the remixed Next Generation Theme Patrick Stewart used for a show once what could be found here http://trekspace.ning.com/video/1977635:Video:103407

Let me know what you think
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I liked the theme... it along with the montage was quite fitting for humanitys evolution from sea faring ships to space ships !

Now if only all of Enterprise was as good as its season 4 was.... :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Voyager Theme > All
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Tyber_Zaan wrote:
    Voyager Theme > All

I concur.

The Enterprise theme was terrible. I believe it is responsible for Enterpise going off the air due to people not being able to get through the theme song without turning the channel.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    tyler42 wrote: »
    I concur.

The Enterprise theme was terrible. I believe it is responsible for Enterpise going off the air due to people not being able to get through the theme song without turning the channel.

It wasn't until I was in Iraq with nothing else to do that I realized the Enterprise Theme didn't go "It's a long *click*"
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ENT is Worst ... I am TNG through-and-through :cool:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ENT = Worst TNG = Real Music!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    jkstocbr wrote:
    ENT is Worst ... I am TNG through-and-through :cool:

Agreed, TNG theme to me IS the star trek theme

Enterprise was suuuuuuper -- I really shouldn't use words that make people upset or can be easily construed as homophobic because that's not cool -- in my opinion, I would seriously rather listen to justin bieber...

I mean that, I hate that kid but if I had to choose which to listen to it would be the beib, again I can't stand that kid, I really can't stress that enough, I'm a metal head through and through but I would rather listen to beiber or loady gaga than the theme to enterprise, it was that bad for me.

UPDATE: This post was edited to remove content that violates the community forum rules and guidelines.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    meehee wrote: »
    I liked the theme... it along with the montage was quite fitting for humanitys evolution from sea faring ships to space ships !

Now if only all of Enterprise was as good as its season 4 was.... :(

Agreed. I really loved the intro and the montage, it was showing how far humanity had come and then head out into space, I really don't understand all the hate it gets, I thought it was really well suited to the show.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm in the very small minority that actually liked the Enterprise theme.

/shields_up
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It was different but I liked, it went well with the supposed theme of the series. Definitely not the best though.

DS9 = Best theme.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I love the theme, actually. One of my favorites. I don't understand the hate for it.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I think the trouble most people have with the "Enterprise" theme was the fact that it was SOOOO different from the other Star Trek themes we were all used to. The fact that it had lyrics turned off alot of fans i know. Star Trek themes were epic, sweeping orchestral masterpieces that really put you in the mood to watch STAR TREK! The "Enterprise" theme sounded to much like a cheesy pop radio song to most people.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Kinsis wrote:
    I think the trouble most people have with the "Enterprise" theme was the fact that it was SOOOO different from the other Star Trek themes we were all used to. The fact that it had lyrics turned off alot of fans i know. Star Trek themes were epic, sweeping orchestral masterpieces that really put you in the mood to watch STAR TREK! The "Enterprise" theme sounded to much like a cheesy pop radio song to most people.

lmao, I think you pretty much nailed it
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Not the worst theme. Just different. It grows on you after a while.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It sounded like a cheesy rock ballad from the eighties, so it fit the the series just plain bad.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It was a nice song, just something I wouldn't want to hear as an opening for a Trek TV series. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I happen to like that song, but I can't say I think it was the best pick for the show.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It was a good song - it wasn'r written FOR Enterprise, but it fit the theme extremely well.

Of ocurse it can be good and still be the worst, there's only 4 other series.

Removing nostalgia, the TOS theme is probably "worse" with the wailing choral melody, but of course its a classic soundtrack now.

All of them pale in comparison to jerry Goldsmith's movie arrangements though, especially Enterprise in Spacedock (from TMP and the big reveal) and the First Contact theme.

Hearing either one of those just strikes that nerve that takes me back to being that kid who desperately wants to be on that ship... out there. Its rare that music alone does that.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I love Enterprise. I'm doing a personal marathon right now :)

1st theme was better. I hate it when the TOS guys ruin things. buncha whiners, lol ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I liked Enterprise's theme it was a different class of show. In the end TNG will always be my fav.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I thought the Enterprise theme was ok. it got better ones they steped up the tempo some in the later seasons

I think the best one was of the lot was the ds9 intro maybe the later one, I think it changed some after a few years. Don’t know if it would count but the first contact title/theme was good also. The one I hated the most was the tng intro music it was just loud and well loud there just wasn't much going on there it had all the subtlety of a 20lb sledge.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    This is the best theme. No further discussion needed. All other suggestions are not as good as this one. End of thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Of course, I still think they changed themes at the last minute - Here's a fan made video of the opening with the original song we saw in all of the promos:

Wherever You Will Go version

And I agree that it really seems like the transitions and such were made for this song. Something probably came up at the 11th hour and they had to swap songs.

But my favorite is this OTHER fanmade intro for Season 5 (which we never got :( )

Fan-made instrumental version

How awesome would that have been, with the new NX-01 Refit model being revealed?

(And for your further Theme song edification: Seasons 1 & 2 -- Seasons 3 & 4 -- An Instrumental Version )
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Of course, I still think they changed themes at the last minute - Here's a fan made video of the opening with the original song we saw in all of the promos:

Wherever You Will Go version

It's disgraceful that anyone would think of associating Star Trek with this godawful song. Please don't dirty the forums with it ever again.
    But my favorite is this OTHER fanmade intro for Season 5 (which we never got :( )

Fan-made instrumental version

How awesome would that have been, with the new NX-01 Refit model being revealed?

This might've made Enterprise slightly more worth watching.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    as others have said what they disliked wasn't even nesscarily the music, but the unnesscary break with tradtion. something I'm convinced was intended from the start, to try and "ditch the star trek baggage" (rememebr the show was originalled called "enterprise" with no star trek in the name)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    as others have said what they disliked wasn't even nesscarily the music, but the unnesscary break with tradtion. something I'm convinced was intended from the start, to try and "ditch the star trek baggage" (rememebr the show was originalled called "enterprise" with no star trek in the name)

Exactly! J.J. Abrams didn't "ditch the Star Trek baggage" and kept with the epic orchestral music and we all saw what an enormous flop Trek XI was.

Oh... wait.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It's disgraceful that anyone would think of associating Star Trek with this godawful song. Please don't dirty the forums with it ever again.

I didn't associate it with Star Trek, UPN did when they created trailers and commercials for Enterprise using it.

But okay, I promise I won't.

Definitely not the Enterprise Opening Credits Feat. Wherever You May Go

Oops.

(Bonus unrelated but still super cool video HERE)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I didn't associate it with Star Trek, UPN did when they created trailers and commercials for Enterprise using it.

I know it wasn't your idea. I was calling for people to man the harpoons at UPN, not you.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    speaking of ent intro did anybody else ever think the planet es intro was really similar. I guess its just the imagery really since a few shots look like they were lifted from ent. not that the es one was bad I think its better to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ-TFfn6o0o&feature=related
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    speaking of ent intro did anybody else ever think the planet es intro was really similar. I guess its just the imagery really since a few shots look like they were lifted from ent. not that the es one was bad I think its better to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ-TFfn6o0o&feature=related

Not everyone watches Anime'. Besides that, it's just a common idea in Sci Fi to show a montage of real achievements in space exploration.