test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ENTERPRISE Theme Best or worst theme ever?

13»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    'Cucumbers In Space' would have been a better alternative than the ENT music :p

Listen to a sample at Amazon -HERE-
    edited July 2011
    One of the reaons why Rodenburry insisted on orchestral music is because it is pretty much timeless, a symphony from hundreds of years ago can still feel just as fresh today as it was back then.

I love the song 'Faith of the heart' but its not fitting with the trek franchise, star trek is meant to be set in the future, but faith of the heart has a distinct 80's/90's feel about it and pretty much ruins the immersion factor from the get go.

For as hammy as TOS was, I could still look past the ham acting and poor props and feel I was watching something in set in the future.

The jumpsuits and NASA-like uniforms from ENT made me feel I was watching something set in the apollo rocket era and I could never quite get passed it.

T'Pol was also a major problem for me, she was as wooden as a peice of driftwood (I've no doubt she is a good actress, but she did not even come close to what tim russ or Nimoy did with thier vulcan counterparts)

I disliked any scenes she was in, and the whole 'clone' love affair just creeped me out.
    edited July 2011
    I really liked the Song as a Song, but not as a ST-Theme.
    Although it did fit very well to the Series message (wich I liked).
    edited July 2011
    Omega_X wrote:
    Not the worst theme. Just different. It grows on you after a while.

So does fungus and I'm not the biggest fan of that either :D

TOS - Alright, hokey vocals aside, it's iconic.
    TNG - Classic JG music, perfectly adapted.
    DS9 - Up to the Way of the warrior episodes, it had a quiet dignity to the horn music at the start, then they added the power chord post WOTW, upped the tempo a bit and the last few bars just dragged.
    Voyager - I always liked the music for this one as it meshed well with the intro visuals
    Enterprise - Reminded me too much of the late 80's / early 90's. A period in music which is best forgotten. I honestly expected to see 'Theme tune performed by The Scorpions' or 'insert 80's soft rock ballad singer here'.
    edited July 2011
    HisShadowX wrote:
    I like the first verison better it made me feel like I was reaching for the heavens. The remixed verision later in the series kind of sucked it sounds like a joke theme which reminded me of the remixed Next Generation Theme Patrick Stewart used for a show once what could be found here http://trekspace.ning.com/video/1977635:Video:103407

Let me know what you think

Origanal galaxy then zoom into the Sol system theeme I liked this edited one... lol
    edited July 2011
    I didn't care for Enterprise the show (actually, I stopped watching Star Trek right around the time Barbie Borg showed up and ruined Voyager), but I liked the song.

Yes, it was out of character after TNG, DS9, and Voyager, but the original series had that creepy-goofy choral nonsense, so there is a precedent for violating the "sweeping orchestral" thing people now associate with the franchise. Furthermore, given that the time covered by the series was much closer to our time, it makes sense that the music used on the show's opening would be closer to the popular music of our time.
    edited July 2011
    I love the Enterprise theme, I think it is truly fitting to the series. It represents well our legacy of reaching for the stars, the unwavering determination of pioneers.
    edited July 2011
    Benfea wrote: »
    I didn't care for Enterprise the show (actually, I stopped watching Star Trek right around the time Barbie Borg showed up and ruined Voyager), but I liked the song.

Yes, it was out of character after TNG, DS9, and Voyager, but the original series had that creepy-goofy choral nonsense, so there is a precedent for violating the "sweeping orchestral" thing people now associate with the franchise. Furthermore, given that the time covered by the series was much closer to our time, it makes sense that the music used on the show's opening would be closer to the popular music of our time.

the coral was stilll "timeless classical music"

in 30 years the TNG etc music will be timeless,

in 30 years if a kid watches enterprise he'll shift uncomfortably in his seat at the god aweful out dated pop music