test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invalid Login Credentials when loging in from the launcher?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So ever since Season 4 went up I've been getting told this error after pressing Engage on the launcher (After waiting like 5 minutes on the new Commbadge loading screen), but afterward it's all fine if I type in my password on the in-client login screen. Did the way the launcher passes login info to the client break with Season 4? Also started happening when CO got Vivox, too.

So what's going on guys? Why is this happening?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    May I please get some confirmation the Devs know about this?
    edited July 2011
    Any word on a fix being put in sometime soon, or a way to make it stop happening?
    edited July 2011
    You should probably submit a ticket here. The devs don't really offer tech support in the forums.

You'll need to log in to that site using your STO username and password.

Z
    edited July 2011
    But if I do that I will not be able to see if I'm the only one with this or not. Also I'm not sure if this is a tech issue or a bug. Another thing that would be better off figured out before I make a ticket.
    edited July 2011
    Bron wrote:
    But if I do that I will not be able to see if I'm the only one with this or not. Also I'm not sure if this is a tech issue or a bug. Another thing that would be better off figured out before I make a ticket.

Look at it like this; right now nothing is being done about your issue because no ticket has been submitted. By waiting until you're sure it's either a bug or tech issue (which is kinda the job description of tech support) you're delaying any chance of actually getting the problem fixed. You started this thread 10 days ago and I'm the only one that's posted in it. Granted, this part of the forums aren't heavily trafficked but still, that seems to suggest that few if any other people are having the same problem you're having. Submitting a ticket definitely won't hurt your situation.

That said, have you tried force-verifying your files? There's an option in the launcher for that. It probably won't help but it probably won't hurt, either.

Regardless, I hope you find a solution for the error you're getting.

Z
    edited July 2011
    Fine, I'll make a ticket eventually. In the past, I've had more luck with posts than tickets.

Edit: Huh, looks fixed. There might be a data timeout on the login info passed from the launcher, cause it seems to be working ok now. Might be a coincidence since I got unthrottled. Thanks Devs if you did indeed fix it.

Wonder if the Xfire + STO + Vista/7 bug is fixed?
  • ltcolharperltcolharper Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    4 months later, I have this problem.