Install Arc
Options

Federation Carrier Brainstorm

13»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    There was a very interesting topic some time ago of making use of the Jupiter class as a carrier or a large dreadnaught battleship if it was made available to players. The possible builds others came up with in that thread were very detailed and were pretty balanced against everything else that was already available. If I can dig it up again, if it hasn't been already, I'll throw it in here.

EDIT: Found it: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=3202902#post3202902

Seems support for a Federation carrier is more than the "same 5 basement dwellers". :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    RCO wrote:
    Tell you i am all for federation having a carrier

when

1. Klingons a full PVE Content equal to that of Federation.
    2. Klingons can be started with need to level a Federation character to any rank
    3. Klingons have equal number of ship options as the Federation. Including ship customization options and bridges.
    4. Klingons have the same number of outfit options as Federation.

In other words once the Klingons are an equal faction. Because then only then it would be unfair that the klingons have something the federation those not.

I can't disagree with anything said in this post. The Klingons should be equal to the Feds in terms of resource allocation. I've said it since Beta. The idea that the Klingons would be a PvP only faction was ridiculous.

The only hypothesis I have on why Klingon content has been so slow to make it onto the live server is the lag time in concept design, approval and implementation while performing normal upkeep on the game. Everything they're doing for the Klingons should of been done during initial development. But now they have to build a faction plus update the rest of the game, least they risk losing their player base.

All in all, patience is required all over the board here.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Sprint01 wrote:
    I can't disagree with anything said in this post. The Klingons should be equal to the Feds in terms of resource allocation. I've said it since Beta. The idea that the Klingons would be a PvP only faction was ridiculous.

The only hypothesis I have on why Klingon content has been so slow to make it onto the live server is the lag time in concept design, approval and implementation while performing normal upkeep on the game. Everything they're doing for the Klingons should of been done during initial development. But now they have to build a faction plus update the rest of the game, least they risk losing their player base.

All in all, patience is required all over the board here.

The reason is thread like this where the federation keep asking for more and more and more. So the dev keep shoving the klingon on the back burner.