Install Arc
Options

FAW changes

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    APO doesnt boost FBP anymore, nor does any Tac captain skills.. Besides, if you wanted to use APO, youd be limited to a MVA or BOP, both are relatively fragile, and will melt, before their feedback even threatens the FAW spammers.

Only way I can imagine countering FAW teams atm, is to keep them constantly scrambled with SS3, another skill that needs to be changed.
    and that means at least 2-3 sci ships. Because if they are circling the target area you will need 2-3 to get all the ships
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    LEONHART wrote: »
    Adapt. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Change. Adapt.

The problem is more in the arena than C&H or kerrat. Unlike the others there is no reason to split up in the arena matches. So you must attack 5 ships with the effective firepower of 10. To achieve sustainable levels of the fire power only requires 2 low level Boff slots (leaving plenty of space for cc, heals, and damage buffs). That kind of fire power effectively removes a few build options such as NPC spammers (who aren't using FaW themselves, and not really a bad thing), some CC (by the time you get close enough to apply it you're basically out of heals and maybe even dead already), targetable projectiles, targetable skills like BP, and H&R glass cannons (gl getting a shot off before you finish uncloaking in one of these builds).

From what I've tried and read only SS3 counters it consistantly (and perhaps TSS though there are ways of dealing with those). Also, I don't consider fighting fire with fire to be a counter. Therefore, I'm having a hard time seeing how this isn't OP at least in arena matches where you're forced to fight that kinda sustained dps.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    To that I would say that I use two different builds (bo layouts) for C&H matches, and for 5v5 Arena matches respectively.
    Each is better in one than the other.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    LEONHART wrote: »
    To that I would say that I use two different builds (bo layouts) for C&H matches, and for 5v5 Arena matches respectively.
    Each is better in one than the other.

To use myself as an example I have a KDF captain who is capable of cc w/tbrs and gw, or heal support shields and hull, or spam clearing (csv 2&3), or burst dps/tackling (BO3 crf tractor beam/gw, APO 1 or 3/D3/B1), or shield dropping TB3 CPB3. The problem I've had is short of SS nothing has been able to reliably to do anything but survive and run (ie all heals when they run out leave). The time alive in the fight is too small or too many heals are used on myself to aide allies. I respeced to FBPIII and that was laughable damage return to output ratio. Now I do use BoP w/this character which is on the squishy side, but still that's 6 different playstyles which aren't effective b/c 1 skill of 2 low level tier slots.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    and that means at least 2-3 sci ships. Because if they are circling the target area you will need 2-3 to get all the ships

Then that is what we shall have to do.. I dont mind swapping my TBR3 for Scramble3 for a while, and I know several of our players have access to SS3 allready..
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Iamid wrote:
    The problem is more in the arena than C&H or kerrat. Unlike the others there is no reason to split up in the arena matches. So you must attack 5 ships with the effective firepower of 10. To achieve sustainable levels of the fire power only requires 2 low level Boff slots (leaving plenty of space for cc, heals, and damage buffs). That kind of fire power effectively removes a few build options such as NPC spammers (who aren't using FaW themselves, and not really a bad thing), some CC (by the time you get close enough to apply it you're basically out of heals and maybe even dead already), targetable projectiles, targetable skills like BP, and H&R glass cannons (gl getting a shot off before you finish uncloaking in one of these builds).

From what I've tried and read only SS3 counters it consistantly (and perhaps TSS though there are ways of dealing with those). Also, I don't consider fighting fire with fire to be a counter. Therefore, I'm having a hard time seeing how this isn't OP at least in arena matches where you're forced to fight that kinda sustained dps.

Ahhr.. It goes a little further than simply fitting a bunch of arrays and 2 copies of FAW1, but it is easily doable even with 8 arrays on a non-engineer toon, if you know what you are doing.