DW - Hypothetical cross server TW

124»

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    what about goonz who outgear kalo now.... or it turns into a class advantage over another now?

no more NP card gap now lmao lmao... when it ain't one thing it another llol

There's just this 1 tiny itsy bitsy problem.
    He's an archer. And archers are, according to archers (and pwcn), useless.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There's just this 1 tiny itsy bitsy problem.
    He's an archer. And archers are, according to archers (and pwcn), useless.

Class wise, seekers will still dominate archers when closely geared, as will practically every class.

Kalo is probably capped pdef, and has very high mdef, and deals a hell of a lot more damage due to GoF and sac slash QPQ debuffs, has more CC than archers, pretty much the only way to kill a endgame seeker is to resist a QPQ with faith or immunity, so the seeker retains the debuffs and then apply more debuffs like BV. Easier said than done, and will have to pass through checkpoints like apoth and genie as we don't have the damage to charm bypass whereas seekers can set up a charm bypass opportunity every 30 seconds. Even resisting a QPQ combo requires either a well timed WoG or faith or apoth, even if you played aggressive and only used Heart of Steel for each QPQ, the physical damage skills zc'ing are still enough to charm bypass.

I think Dragoonz should theoretically be able to kill Kalo atm, he has a cards advantage having reawakened 3 of his NP set, although he may have to reawaken his destroyer/battle/both not sure what kind of damage he's doing to Kalo, but a zc from Kalo will still charm bypass him.

I think the only time I've managed to kill Kalo 1v1 was back in a Relic PK tournament, when he had a 2 card S set (dura and long) and rest S and I had my 3 card S set (destroyer, dura and Soul) and rest S, though it was purely luck as he couldn't get a decent debuffed zerk crit to land and my bow actually purged quite a few times. Though if he was hugging my deadzone, and using Heart of Steel I wouldn't have killed him. In another battle on the same tourny he hit me for 23k, just unlucky timing as it ticked my charm.

Here's the video (starts around 11min30s) but it was so long ago (over a year) and most people interested have probably already seen it, and really not a representative example as ofc Kalo has improved skillwise considerably since. Even with Dragoonz gear I'd struggle to kill him now.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    OK fine we can hold a server wide 1v1 tournament and clone the winner 80 times
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    will take me forever to get on that list >.<
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    *looks at zombie*

... Why not just make a new thread that linked to this one? Would have been the same result but without getting a thread closed.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.