Alts in FSP

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You can find *** everywhere. And you never know what you'll find in a random squad.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Lost my FSP multi-client virginity yesterday on BM and Sin. Prolly need to set up a few macros on sin I guess, HF'ed on cd so no issues there, never stay for pages and would only multiFSP with friends.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Lost my FSP multi-client virginity yesterday on BM and Sin. Prolly need to set up a few macros on sin I guess, HF'ed on cd so no issues there, never stay for pages and would only multiFSP with friends.

DN (if needed, cause clerics are **** sometimes) -> Tidal -> Life hunter -> Elimination -> triple spark

b:avoid
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really don't like when people bring 2+ alts to FSP, 1 alt is fine.
    Normally I'm not in a squad that contains more than 2 alts from 2 different people, but when I'm in a squad where one person has 2+, I notice a definite difference in the time it takes to finish the dungeon, so it's hard to convince me that 1 person can play 3+ chars efficiently enough to warrant the practice.
    I agree, if you've got that many alts, and are so good at multitasking you feel you can subject others to it, you may as well just solo the dungeon yourself.
    I find it hard to believe that ya'll can't find 10 individuals for a dungeon like FSP since everyone is literally card obsessed.

Anyhoo, when it comes to the "rewards" from FSP, I don't really care who gets what since I don't need anything myself other than the coins, but I can understand why someone might care if they did need them. As a rule, if I bring an alt, I exclude my alt from any loot-split, and I feel that's pretty much how it should be, after all I might be 2 chars, but I'm only 1 player. I don't bring alts to FSP, I find them too tricky to move, and I don't want to waste people's time with extra deaths from dragging around a spare tire.
    Books are trickier since they're picked up while the dungeon is still going, but it happens so rarely that I don't really care that much.

I don't usually go with random squads, and I know the loot practices of most of the people I go with so it's never an issue, but if I do go with random squads I expect nothing except for the reward I get for quest completion. It's amazing how that attitude has kept me from feeling any rage whatsoever, I recommend it.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2015

One time, my friend asked me to help them withe their fsp run. They were stucked at toad, they were bunch of g16 and below. They needed a tank. I done my fsp when it resets and i don't get any reward for doing it again. But i joined and helped them through the whole run. What a coincidence, a book dropped. At the end of the run, the squad leader said "you don't get to random the book for staying to help". b:surrender Not even a page :O

Well seeing the gear level you stated (hoping it was not a squad loaded with alts). it's obvious that they really need that book more than you.. You already got nice stuff so that should not be a problem seeing as you said a FRIEND ask you to help, so i feel you should not feel no weight about that..
    Bahamas represent
    edited March 2015
    DN (if needed, cause clerics are **** sometimes) -> Tidal -> Life hunter -> Elimination -> triple spark

b:avoid

Cheers Db
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cheers Db

Might wanna add a subsea in there if you really don't want to pay attention to the sin, since I do that part manually.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
    edited March 2015
    Might wanna add a subsea in there if you really don't want to pay attention to the sin, since I do that part manually.

Yeah, I'd do that manually too, it's mainly so that the sin doesn't just stand there looking like a pleb while I tab to bm to HF/GS/spark.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I usually don't care about splitting loots in fsp I like the luck of the random drop.

Most of the time if there is some one splitting the drops I usually leave party and don't worry about it.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Dark you don't count your alts are better geared than most peoples mains b:laugh
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How do you guys feel about spliting stuff at the end of runs.. Example if a book drops an pages do you guys feel is right that people with 3+ alts in squad should be alllowed to remain in squad during splitting and randoming?
    I have a feeling that there will be a few who will talk about pages not really nothing to talk about..But if that the case why still wan have alts in squad to share pages amogst your self if pages are not a big deal... And for those who feel like they do more work with their alts than others in the squad, why not solo the instance yourself if that the case.. Cause at the end of the day the others in the squad are still helping you get you an your alts done the same time to be less time taken on you to do multi runs to get all your toons delt with.

Depends on how much work that player does on the alt...

When i do FSP, I bring Sin/Bm for my run, and i have perfect timed Hfs for myself when DDing on all the bosses, making the run really fast. I / party members probably value that highly and thing that "toon" deserves a drop...

Definitely more than some people who bring 1 toon and just fail miserably....

When I do Wizi / Barb run, i pull barb out of instance before split generally unless he tanked something as he's usually there simply for coin & buff squad....
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • catgirl33
    catgirl33 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2015

One time, my friend asked me to help them withe their fsp run. They were stucked at toad, they were bunch of g16 and below. They needed a tank. I done my fsp when it resets and i don't get any reward for doing it again. But i joined and helped them through the whole run. What a coincidence, a book dropped. At the end of the run, the squad leader said "you don't get to random the book for staying to help". b:surrender Not even a page :O

Well seeing the gear level you stated (hoping it was not a squad loaded with alts). it's obvious that they really need that book more than you.. You already got nice stuff so that should not be a problem seeing as you said a FRIEND ask you to help, so i feel you should not feel no weight about that..

Ofc, i don't really mind :o since i'm used to all these book thieves from fsp. But would be nice if i get a chance to have it. I mean how am i different from anyone else in the squad? I just wasn't there for 1st & 2nd bosses. The squad leader isn't my friend. My friend joined the squad. He asked me that they were struggling at toad and couldn't kill it. I said i can help in 15 minutes if you still need me. When i entered Fsp, there was like 1:42 or 2:42 remaining on the clock.
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    catgirl33 wrote: »
    Ofc, i don't really mind :o since i'm used to all these book thieves from fsp. But would be nice if i get a chance to have it. I mean how am i different from anyone else in the squad? I just wasn't there for 1st & 2nd bosses. The squad leader isn't my friend. My friend joined the squad. He asked me that they were struggling at toad and couldn't kill it. I said i can help in 15 minutes if you still need me. When i entered Fsp, there was like 1:42 or 2:42 remaining on the clock.

WoW.. damn they got some patience to stay in there that loong.. Was that around the time when they just released FSP?
    Bahamas represent
  • catgirl33
    edited March 2015
    WoW.. damn they got some patience to stay in there that loong.. Was that around the time when they just released FSP?

nope, it was just a couple of months ago
    It's obviously that most of them are the ones that usually get denied into squad and never get it done. So if they wait, they have a chance to get their fsp done. So, for them, even a long fsp run for most of them is still worth it. :o
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
  • VegBlade - Dreamweaver
    VegBlade - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i DROP my alt before spliting he never gets nothings. b:thanks
  • catgirl33
    edited March 2015
    i DROP my alt before spliting he never gets nothings. b:thanks

My alts too OP, nobody complains b:shutup
    b:pleasedb:thanks
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
  • Braunstein - Archosaur
    Braunstein - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thats why you Lead the squad, i fill always with the toon is missing on alt, with two laptops can make 50% of the squad and ppl still join, i think is just how you play and who you inv to squad
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't mind alts in party. Most time i kick my own alts for random books or pages. But lets be honest, my alts have better gear than many ppl that join, like some 4k hp sins. I also form my own fsp, so who joins already knows will have my alt and my in game hubby's alts too.

I do that too ,

Actually , it's if it's pages ... it is not worth taking a share after dragging alts in squad and benefit from FS coins . Even if we did good job on alts too .

But if it's books , that's another story and I think it's kinda worth atleast 1/2 share per useful alt that really did something in the run, and if the alt did nothing but stand then No share from book
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Personally I don't even let people multiclient in FS unless we have a great need for a tank/purify etc, or the squad isn't just filling up. In this case I usually also bring an alt, though. I have 6 toons to run FS with, I barely ever multiclient them in the same run. Then again each of my toons is properly geared.

As for splitting... if you've done job on both of the toons you had in the run then sure, you can be a part of the split. Personally I kick my own alt and usually people do leave on their alts.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Kick the alts leave the mains simple and fair
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    catgirl33 wrote: »
    talking about splitting drops :o

Another time, not Fsp but Lunar in the past
    a random person from my buddy list asked me to help them with their bh Lunar. Their cleric left after bh Boss. They were all dead when i joined the squad. Their corpses were almost at the end of the path when i got there. Must've been a failed pull i assumedb:shutup, that was why he was begging me so hard to help them out. It was during 2x drops, so 2 EoD dropped. And they said "sorry you don't get to random for the EoD for helping" This person later removed me from buddy list b:surrender

i'll never be nice again b:angry

**** be nice to people b:victory better beegin an jerk sometimes
  • Kasira - Harshlands
    Kasira - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    LoL yeah, but i think everyone wants to play and get stuff done. If we never let weak ppl join, they won't ever be strong b:surrender

Awesome post. You've highlighted a long standing problem with this game. All too often people who need to do an instance to improve their gear are rejected by squads because they haven't improved their gear yet. The ultimate catch 22. They'll never improve their gear!

The sorriest part being that an R8 cleric who knows what she's doing is a far better ally than a G16 cleric who doesn't. So, punishing people for having "lesser" gear on doesn't even make sense. The assumption that someone who has "lesser" gear on will be useless is a stupid one. This is why I never join squads that ask to see your weapon first. Anyone asking that is clearly alien to the concept of knowing how to play your class.
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Awesome post. You've highlighted a long standing problem with this game. All too often people who need to do an instance to improve their gear are rejected by squads because they haven't improved their gear yet. The ultimate catch 22. They'll never improve their gear!

The sorriest part being that an R8 cleric who knows what she's doing is a far better ally than a G16 cleric who doesn't. So, punishing people for having "lesser" gear on doesn't even make sense. The assumption that someone who has "lesser" gear on will be useless is a stupid one. This is why I never join squads that ask to see your weapon first. Anyone asking that is clearly alien to the concept of knowing how to play your class.
    I show my bow. (I'm a BM lol)
  • Kasira - Harshlands
    edited March 2015
    geirskokul wrote: »
    I show my bow. (I'm a BM lol)

b:chuckle
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is why I never join squads that ask to see your weapon first. Anyone asking that is clearly alien to the concept of knowing how to play your class.

poor logic:

a. if you know how to play the game then you wont be for example in tt90 or 99 gear for long [ not to mention people with that sort of gear will be 1 shot by aoes],lots of people have completely unrefined weps, not even +1..seriously wtf?[90% of the time these are alts that get no investment or free accounts people got that will never be invested in(or learned how to play), and are just used to feed the main], not everyone asking to link wep wants r9s3+12 people

b. lots of people dont listen/read what is said in the wc, if a person cant read past lfm fsp enough to see they need to link wep, dont want those sorts of lazy people in squad
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    b. lots of people dont listen/read what is said in the wc, if a person cant read past lfm fsp enough to see they need to link wep, dont want those sorts of lazy people in squad

This one is a valid point.

But I always assumed that people who ask for a weapon link before inviting just want the run to be fast. It would be so more logical to link an armort part if the goal is to be able to resist AOE.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How do you guys feel about spliting stuff at the end of runs.. Example if a book drops an pages do you guys feel is right that people with 3+ alts in squad should be alllowed to remain in squad during splitting and randoming?
    I have a feeling that there will be a few who will talk about pages not really nothing to talk about..But if that the case why still wan have alts in squad to share pages amogst your self if pages are not a big deal... And for those who feel like they do more work with their alts than others in the squad, why not solo the instance yourself if that the case.. Cause at the end of the day the others in the squad are still helping you get you an your alts done the same time to be less time taken on you to do multi runs to get all your toons delt with.
    So far i thinki ive been lucky enough to run with pple who do use alts but leave the squad before the splits b:surrender although in any case i wouldnt think its too fair to split for a leeching alt.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kasira - Harshlands
    edited March 2015

poor logic:

a. if you know how to play the game then you wont be for example in tt90 or 99 gear for long

As you rightly; if not intentionally; stated, your logic is indeed poor.

If nobody lets you join squads because of your tt90 gear, you WILL be in it for a long time.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    I have 2 mains which I play both just as much as the other... Both being R9S3 I still would not run them in the same FSP as that's just plane hard work. It is possible however...

The Call with being lead of a squad is setting the standard... anyone breaks that and you should expect to be kicked. Keep doing it and your name gets round soon you wont get invited to any squads.

On the call with Forming FSP squad I wont take anyone with lower than 4K HP regardless of gear they will just be 1 Hit, Anyone below 5.5K HP I normally warn or ask if they have done it before. This normally sifts some Alts out as well...

I gotta laugh as well when people ask to Link Weapon? Wonderful BUT what if they have a R9S3 weapon n TT 90 gears... really defeats the point. Thats one of the reasons I stick with HP count.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    heero200 wrote: »
    I have 2 mains which I play both just as much as the other... Both being R9S3 I still would not run them in the same FSP as that's just plane hard work. It is possible however...

The Call with being lead of a squad is setting the standard... anyone breaks that and you should expect to be kicked. Keep doing it and your name gets round soon you wont get invited to any squads.

On the call with Forming FSP squad I wont take anyone with lower than 4K HP regardless of gear they will just be 1 Hit, Anyone below 5.5K HP I normally warn or ask if they have done it before. This normally sifts some Alts out as well...

I gotta laugh as well when people ask to Link Weapon? Wonderful BUT what if they have a R9S3 weapon n TT 90 gears... really defeats the point. Thats one of the reasons I stick with HP count.

that is also my point of scrutiny. if you managed to get to FSP status, and have under 6k buffed, you are being carried the whole way. i look at hp all the time in AEU an other instances then i let reality prove to me those people usually either have their priorities messed up or just want to be carried.

if you want/need to be carried, find a faction and make friends, dont expect random squads to care about your needs. the same as jerks who join AEU squads then waste everyone's time while they fly on a 1.0 flyer only wonder why they cant enter then ask for time to finish quests (which results in kick)