Expansion Issues [Update: Stone Issues 12/19]

Options

Comments

• Azealiacia - Archosaur
    Azealiacia - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sparkie -

I have found an issue that really irks me, the "GUI Size" no longer works. I know this isn't a huge concern, but, it's really annoying to have such a huge GUI with no way to size it down... is there anything that can be done about this....? -- this happens on both of my computers. b:surrender

Also, another issue I found seems to be when you're trying to upgrade skills on the new classes, it says "Service unavailible" when trying to upgrade from the "Show only upgradeable skills" menu, works when you uncheck the box, but for some reason sometimes never works when you click the skill to level it up, instead giving you a chat message "Service unavailible" b:shocked
    It's the end of PWI as we know it. Packs going to 50 cents jumped our economy up to 1mil per gold. It's over for non-cashoppers.
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sparkie -

I have found an issue that really irks me, the "GUI Size" no longer works. I know this isn't a huge concern, but, it's really annoying to have such a huge GUI with no way to size it down... is there anything that can be done about this....? -- this happens on both of my computers. b:surrender

Also, another issue I found seems to be when you're trying to upgrade skills on the new classes, it says "Service unavailible" when trying to upgrade from the "Show only upgradeable skills" menu, works when you uncheck the box, but for some reason sometimes never works when you click the skill to level it up, instead giving you a chat message "Service unavailible" b:shocked

Keep in mind you can't level skills in combat or inside an instance~
  • Dragons_bay - Archosaur
    Dragons_bay - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Um i am wanting to know if anyone else is having a problem with the screen flashing, the screen doesnt go black but it flashes everything, the char menu,water,quest log/tracker,chat,skill bars, even the log in screen where you choose what server you want, it all leaves and comes back, leaves then comes back, i uninstalled the game reinstall it and it still wont work, seems like it got a little worse, any help that could be given?
    ODSTxRECONx (101 2RB Sage Seeker)
    ReconsBlade (100 1RB Demon APS BM)
    *(Player of Perfect World since 2010*
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Keep in mind you can't level skills in combat or inside an instance~

or while using the autopilot option.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Don't know if this was already mentioned, but monster reset does not (at least in starter areas) regenerate monster health. I'm not sure if this is intentional.
  • XDark_Halox - Heavens Tear
    XDark_Halox - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sparkie
    will it be the character that you logged in with or can we use another char oncw patch is done
  • Jiinxii - Sanctuary
    Jiinxii - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sparkie
    will it be the character that you logged in with or can we use another char oncw patch is done
    When the stone goes out (eventually), it'll be the character you first log in with at that time. Unless those guidelines change between then and now.
    History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.
  • Drak - Lost City
    Drak - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    They're testing the patch now. So if all passes, we can expect some time tonight. If it doesn't, then we'll have to see what other options are left on the table.

Thank you for keeping us informed. Much appreciated.

Can you please update the Original Post?

I've been reloading the first page to see updates... too many pages to look through.
  • lightbane1990
    lightbane1990 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    They're testing the patch now. So if all passes, we can expect some time tonight. If it doesn't, then we'll have to see what other options are left on the table.

Ty sparkie ur the best.. next time your on HT.. add me its Sononaku ^^

Lets pray this works..
  • erisu
    erisu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sparkie, will this patch help with the patcher crashing if all goes well? Or will there be a manual patch?
  • dellion31
    dellion31 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    jammykk21 wrote: »
    Small thing, I believe the trading option on Assistant Wang has been messed up don't know if anyone else is noticing it or if I'm derping. Cant trade in any dreamchaser gear

Your not derping, Wang has some kind of amnesia. All Armor options are missing.

Also all Quests that were marked 'Normal' in the Questfinder went missing after I entered Archosaur, just wanted to get the first Military Badge and as soon as i checked they were gone.
  • Krystabela - Harshlands
    Krystabela - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I can live with waiting for the stone. Don't mind the interface. Like the new class...after all glitches have been a part of the game since the beginning. As has people who continue to complain about them and threaten to quit over them...but can we please fix this quest item landing in my regular inventory? b:surrender please? b:surrender
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Updated the OP again, and updated the Facebook page. Everything is still being tested, so still no word yet.
  • Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear
    Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    at least they are taking their time to thoroughly smash the bugs with a hammer... that's some comforting knowing that...
    what matters in ones life is the strength that's within your heart and mind. for it is these two things that makes one feel human.
  • Dragons_bay - Archosaur
    Dragons_bay - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Um i am wanting to know if anyone else is having a problem with the screen flashing, the screen doesnt go black but it flashes everything, the char menu,water,quest log/tracker,chat,skill bars, even the log in screen where you choose what server you want, it all leaves and comes back, leaves then comes back, i uninstalled the game reinstall it and it still wont work, seems like it got a little worse, any help that could be given?
    ODSTxRECONx (101 2RB Sage Seeker)
    ReconsBlade (100 1RB Demon APS BM)
    *(Player of Perfect World since 2010*
  • Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear
    Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Updated the OP again, and updated the Facebook page. Everything is still being tested, so still no word yet.

I find it pretty funny how you and me are posting at the same time lol
    what matters in ones life is the strength that's within your heart and mind. for it is these two things that makes one feel human.
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I still wish you'd reconsider about devaluing all drops. The kind of people who can get the gear required to profitably bot significant money can farm money other ways. It predominantly hurts the casual gamers and new players. I've tried to get people to play and always tell them I'll give them money because the drops are literally worthless. It sounds pretty ridiculous. "I'll support you because the game won't, but if you ever get top ranking end game gear, you will be able to make SO MUCH fake money. Don't worry, people on the forums have assured me that they totally abuse the system and the changes are justified."
  • vias9x8
    vias9x8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    jessami wrote: »
    I still wish you'd reconsider about devaluing all drops. The kind of people who can get the gear required to profitably bot significant money can farm money other ways. It predominantly hurts the casual gamers and new players. I've tried to get people to play and always tell them I'll give them money because the drops are literally worthless. It sounds pretty ridiculous. "I'll support you because the game won't, but if you ever get top ranking end game gear, you will be able to make SO MUCH fake money. Don't worry, people on the forums have assured me that they totally abuse the system and the changes are justified."

then how are low lvls (aside from joj) suppost to get coin? and what about nabby toons like my old cleric who is too high for joj by 2 lvls and cant kill tt for shizzz?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    edited December 2014
    Options

I don't think you understand. Sparkie doesn't control any of these changes. No one at PWE does. The DQ price drop to 1 coin was a nerf implemented by Wanmei and a nerf they want all of their controlled games to have.
  • jessami
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I know that he doesn't directly have any control over it, but all I hear is that it's a measure to prevent botting and coin reselling which have never been a serious problem on our side. No one's ever said that we need these changes or they have to happen, only that they were implemented in the Chinese version and then integrated into ours because it was in the coding. If it couldn't be changed by a patch from China if they really believed it was an issue, I have been misinformed.
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sparkie i dont know if this is correct or not, but the new forges for r8r and more, seem too expensive, since we didnt have them before, is there a chance they are the china version too? or is just really a new instance that noone will run?
    Could you check please?
  • dragonfigment
    dragonfigment Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't think you understand. Sparkie doesn't control any of these changes. No one at PWE does. The DQ price drop to 1 coin was a nerf implemented by Wanmei and a nerf they want all of their controlled games to have.

Is that really true? Dang. I used to come in and kill time by grinding for DQ items so that I could make coins and try to get stronger stuff from the auctions. After the items became worthless, it's really difficult to find a reason to grind between quests.

Now I'm curious; Is this 'new system' based off the Chinese version as well, assuming one exists?
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I know that he doesn't directly have any control over it, but all I hear is that it's a measure to prevent botting and coin reselling which have never been a serious problem on our side. No one's ever said that we need these changes or they have to happen, only that they were implemented in the Chinese version and then integrated into ours because it was in the coding. If it couldn't be changed by a patch from China if they really believed it was an issue, I have been misinformed.

It doesn't matter what's been said about whether our version needs them or not, China has given it to us. They have the final say.

China wants to keep all of it's owned games as close to each other as possible. Unfortunately that means the DQ items as well. Japan got hit with it too and it's just something we have to deal with in the end.

It wasn't integrated simply because it was in the coding. China changes coding for each version depending on what gear differences there are, etc. If they didn't want us to have it it would've been taken it. But they did. They wanted all of their versions to have it. Same as all their versions were to not allow hypers in frost. It's just one of those hand-me-downs that you're forced to take and pretend to be okay with it.
    Is that really true? Dang. I used to come in and kill time by grinding for DQ items so that I could make coins and try to get stronger stuff from the auctions. After the items became worthless, it's really difficult to find a reason to grind between quests.

Now I'm curious; Is this 'new system' based off the Chinese version as well, assuming one exists?

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "new system." If you're referring to DQ Rewards, that was a feature exclusive to us implemented when China nerfed the lower level DQ.
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I checked for that new Title Quest and found nothing.
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • jessami
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It doesn't matter what's been said about whether our version needs them or not, China has given it to us. They have the final say.

China wants to keep all of it's owned games as close to each other as possible. Unfortunately that means the DQ items as well. Japan got hit with it too and it's just something we have to deal with in the end.

It wasn't integrated simply because it was in the coding. China changes coding for each version depending on what gear differences there are, etc. If they didn't want us to have it it would've been taken it. But they did. They wanted all of their versions to have it. Same as all their versions were to not allow hypers in frost. It's just one of those hand-me-downs that you're forced to take and pretend to be okay with it.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "new system." If you're referring to DQ Rewards, that was a feature exclusive to us implemented when China nerfed the lower level DQ.

So, just wondering, when we call them up and say we need 5x exp and 10-star orbs for everyone because people are legitimately ragequitting and they have a custom patch and codes in less than a week, was that part of the Chinese game too?
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i want to report some other issues...
    ive been botting with my new toon (stormbringer) so i didnt really do any quests from lv 20+ on
    today ive checked my questlog (available quests) and everything seemed fine
    however, after i dced while doing culti all the quests were gone, with just a few exceptions (maybe 5-6quests required to be done in TT, but now those r gone as well XD)

whats most annoying is that im missing the quest for the lv40scythe
    i just dinged 54 and got ONE(!) additional quest that gives me 43k xp
    and im still running around with the lv20 weap

ive checked all quest npc i could think of (both low lv any my lv range) but none of them has a quest for me
    sometimes when i teleport i see available quests on the minimap (orange dots), but as soon as i move they turn yellow

from what ive heard others got that prob to some extent, too
    would b great if u could fix it, its quite annoying to not be able to lv (dont give me this "do pv!" bs, khoan doesnt have a quest for me either), especially when ur too busy irl to properly quest like others

thx ~
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A rollback would be very funny. All the new characters in the new class s would just disappear. I am sure that will make everyone happy. b:chuckle
  • jessami
    edited December 2014
    Options
    shashahah wrote: »
    i want to report some other issues...
    ive been botting with my new toon (stormbringer) so i didnt really do any quests from lv 20+ on
    today ive checked my questlog (available quests) and everything seemed fine
    however, after i dced while doing culti all the quests were gone, with just a few exceptions (maybe 5-6quests required to be done in TT, but now those r gone as well XD)

whats most annoying is that im missing the quest for the lv40scythe
    i just dinged 54 and got ONE(!) additional quest that gives me 43k xp
    and im still running around with the lv20 weap

ive checked all quest npc i could think of (both low lv any my lv range) but none of them has a quest for me
    sometimes when i teleport i see available quests on the minimap (orange dots), but as soon as i move they turn yellow

from what ive heard others got that prob to some extent, too
    would b great if u could fix it, its quite annoying to not be able to lv (dont give me this "do pv!" bs, khoan doesnt have a quest for me either), especially when ur too busy irl to properly quest like others

thx ~

You can get the quest to kill Ch'iin from Soldier Feng to get a lvl 40 scythe. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing?
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So, just wondering, when we call them up and say we need 5x exp and 10-star orbs for everyone because people are legitimately ragequitting and they have a custom patch and codes in less than a week, was that part of the Chinese game too?

I don't believe we've had anything higher than 3x exp....

I don't really know what tone you're using here, but the 10* orbs are part of the game already. There is no patch for those. Server EXP rates turned in on the backend webpanel of the servers, or in the databases themselves. Again, no patch. As far as 10* orbs being charge rewards or that one time there was a code for them, there wasn't a patch for that either. It was a redeem code and Sparkie can make those. Keep in mind, the only items he can put into a redeem code are the items on the approved list from Wanmei (sparkie dislikes this list. He'll tell you so.)

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to get at here.
  • Jiinxii - Sanctuary
    Jiinxii - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't believe we've had anything higher than 3x exp....

I don't really know what tone you're using here, but the 10* orbs are part of the game already. There is no patch for those. Server EXP rates turned in on the backend webpanel of the servers, or in the databases themselves. Again, no patch. As far as 10* orbs being charge rewards or that one time there was a code for them, there wasn't a patch for that either. It was a redeem code and Sparkie can make those. Keep in mind, the only items he can put into a redeem code are the items on the approved list from Wanmei (sparkie dislikes this list. He'll tell you so.)

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to get at here.
    The only thing I see them getting at, is the idea that everyone's entitled to outlandishly substantial compensation for something that may not have necessarily been within their sphere of control. They got shafted by China; no reason to yell at the US team for it. If they can give us some kind of compensation for the trouble, I'm sure they will. But demanding 5x and free 10* orbs is a bit much...
    History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.