Expansion Issues [Update: Stone Issues 12/19]

Comments

• jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was there. Arch got 5x exp after the first rollback. I was referring to coding to make that possible. And codes for free 10-star orbs

Edit: I wasn't asking for either 5x or orbs, I was stating that they did it in the past, and extremely quickly by their standards. Just to show that it's possible for them to do these things. All I'm asking is for a good reason why we can't have any drops worth any value

Final edit just because people don't believe other people on the internet
    Pwi posts for 5x:

forum thread stating Arch-specific 5x:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1642131

Official post for All server 5x weekend because people complained:
    http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=877661
  • MschiefMaker - Raging Tide
    MschiefMaker - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As a player of "Multiple games" online in my life time, I can honestly say, when it comes to updates major/minor game changes, there are always errors. I look forward to the changes made and can bide my time until the repairs have been made as well. b:pleased

P.S. This is my first post too :D
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jessami wrote: »
    I still wish you'd reconsider about devaluing all drops. The kind of people who can get the gear required to profitably bot significant money can farm money other ways. It predominantly hurts the casual gamers and new players. I've tried to get people to play and always tell them I'll give them money because the drops are literally worthless. It sounds pretty ridiculous. "I'll support you because the game won't, but if you ever get top ranking end game gear, you will be able to make SO MUCH fake money. Don't worry, people on the forums have assured me that they totally abuse the system and the changes are justified."

What devaluing all drops means exactly?b:surrender
    giphy.gif

• Jiinxii - Sanctuary
    Jiinxii - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So yes, basically, you're asking for them. Without directly asking for them.
    History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i sincerely hope that if they do get to an update it will fix these stupid error report logouts that are coming constantly since the update....i havent had any in months but now its happening constantly
    banner01.jpg
  • Reeira - Archosaur
    Reeira - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey, Thanks for the new expansion, I like it, and I like the new class xD
    About the FC, I think we should just put a limit lv for hyper active, like we could just use hyper on FC Lv 75 +, becz ppls that start to play will need hit lv 100 and rbx2, even we won more exp with the rb still hard lv up at lv80-90, and we can't spam PV's. So pls think about it :3

b:pleasedb:pleased
  • Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear
    Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hopefully they will add the update soon... but like sparkie said its still under a lot of testing... so it could end up being released tomorrow.
    what matters in ones life is the strength that's within your heart and mind. for it is these two things that makes one feel human.
  • jessami
    edited December 2014
    So yes, basically, you're asking for them. Without directly asking for them.

I am asking for drops worth money, so that people are rewarded for actually playing the game. I was told that our servers cannot go against the Chinese servers and was using those instances as examples of us getting custom content when fans were angry enough. I don't like all DQ items being worth 1 coin and all armor/wep/ect being under 1000. That is all.
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    Alright guys and gals, got a bit of more news regarding the patch. It looks like it will happen tonight (no time yet), and the leveling pill will be available tomorrow at 12 Noon (Pacific Standard Time) Maintenance will begin tonight at 11PM - 3AM.

This means that you'll still be able to play any of your characters after the maintenance, but will want to log onto the preferred character before 12 Noon tomorrow, 12/19.

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141219T12

In the off-chance that anything fails to go through, please check back with this thread and our Facebook for any updates. Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMO
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2014
    I just searched what devaluing means and I dont agree with the Idea.
    Are you asking for them to devaluing just coins or all drops?
    Reducing all drops would be stupid.
    What about those that want to learn crafting skills and need materials?
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    edited December 2014
    Alright guys and gals, got a bit of more news regarding the patch. It looks like it will happen tonight (no time yet), and the leveling pill will be available tomorrow at 12 Noon (Pacific Standard Time) Maintenance will begin tonight at 11PM - 3AM.

This means that you'll still be able to play any of your characters after the maintenance, but will want to log onto the preferred character before 12 Noon tomorrow, 12/19.

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141219T12

In the off-chance that anything fails to go through, please check back with this thread and our Facebook for any updates. Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMO

YAY TY SPARKIEb:victory
    giphy.gif

• Reeira - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    Like it or not on Fc or Pv there will always be people learning about the game, or as many say '' noobs '' x....x
    b:shutup
  • Dragons_bay - Archosaur
    Dragons_bay - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You have to look at it from a big view point, so lets say DQ items go back to being what they were at 1st, what does that do to the economy? Prices get higher, also take in fact that becuase DQ items are worth 1 coin, it leaves high lvl/end game gear people to grind everything lows cant, and on top of that have the BIG cash shoppers make the prices for everything,all im saying is think past what you want, onward to what would happen if you got what you want. Hind sight is always 20/20
    ODSTxRECONx (101 2RB Sage Seeker)
    ReconsBlade (100 1RB Demon APS BM)
    *(Player of Perfect World since 2010*
  • athenenoctua
    athenenoctua Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Is it 12 noon PST or GMT? The link you posted is set to GMT.
  • Reeira - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    Hey, Thanks for the new expansion, I like it, and I like the new class xD
    About the FC, I think we should just put a limit lv for hyper active, like we could just use hyper on FC Lv 75 +
    , becz ppls that start to play will need hit lv 100 and rbx2, even we won more exp with the rb still hard lv up at lv80-90, and we can't spam PV's. So pls think about it :3 b:pleasedb:pleased
  • sparkiesoft
    edited December 2014
    Is it 12 noon PST or GMT? The link you posted is set to GMT.

You are correct, forgot to change the city. Here is the correct link:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141219T12&p1=224

I'll update the OP as well.
  • plusonepostcount
    plusonepostcount Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You are correct, forgot to change the city. Here is the correct link:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141219T12&p1=224

I'll update the OP as well.

I don't like that one bit the way its worded it makes it sound as tho you'll only get the item if u log on b4 that time some of us have fkn jobs better not be oh u get a 3 hour window to log in and if ur not on during that time u don't get it kind of bs.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2014

But this will work if we log on sometime after noon, right? Because I won't get home from work until late in the day...

So if I log the characters I want to get it at say, 5:00 PM (not having logged at all after maintenance until that point), will they get the illusion pill?

Please tell us how this works for sure. I could probably make myself get up really early in the morning this once if I absolutely have to, but I'd like to know if I have to do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • sparkiesoft
    edited December 2014
    I don't like that one bit the way its worded it makes it sound as tho you'll only get the item if u log on b4 that time some of us have fkn jobs better not be oh u get a 3 hour window to log in and if ur not on during that time u don't get it kind of bs.
    But this will work if we log on sometime after noon, right? Because I won't get home from work until late in the day...

So if I log the characters I want to get it at say, 5:00 PM (not having logged at all after maintenance until that point), will they get the illusion pill?

You don't have to be on at 12 noon, but if you're already playing in the morning, you'd want to log on to whichever character you want to level up, prior to 12 noon.

You will get mailed the item whenever you log on, there is no deadline. If you're at work, or busy, just log on later in the day with your preferred character you want to level to 95, and you'll get the boost.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the super fast reply on that!

Glad to hear it works that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You have to look at it from a big view point, so lets say DQ items go back to being what they were at 1st, what does that do to the economy? Prices get higher, also take in fact that becuase DQ items are worth 1 coin, it leaves high lvl/end game gear people to grind everything lows cant, and on top of that have the BIG cash shoppers make the prices for everything,all im saying is think past what you want, onward to what would happen if you got what you want. Hind sight is always 20/20

It still would be nice if drops were at least enough to cover repairs. I ran the auto culti for an hour. got 56k in drops and 80k in repairs.
  • sparkiesoft
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the super fast reply on that!

Glad to hear it works that way.

No problem! b:pleased
  • laseek
    laseek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It doesn't matter what's been said about whether our version needs them or not, China has given it to us. They have the final say.

China wants to keep all of it's owned games as close to each other as possible. Unfortunately that means the DQ items as well. Japan got hit with it too and it's just something we have to deal with in the end.

It wasn't integrated simply because it was in the coding. China changes coding for each version depending on what gear differences there are, etc. If they didn't want us to have it it would've been taken it. But they did. They wanted all of their versions to have it. Same as all their versions were to not allow hypers in frost. It's just one of those hand-me-downs that you're forced to take and pretend to be okay with it.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "new system." If you're referring to DQ Rewards, that was a feature exclusive to us implemented when China nerfed the lower level DQ.

CN does the coding but after that it's unclear what happens and it will depend on what deal has been negotiated by those in the US running the show.

(1) The code could be shipped stateside - giving those running the US side of things control over their localised version.

This approach is one you can see exemplified with Google Android where Google master the source tree and downstream developers/organisations customize that source based on their own requirements.

This is the type of deal that should be in place by any savvy organisation. This would allow the US side to implement their own policies and tweak the code to fit those policies.

(2) The other clumsy approach is CN taking binary packages - which while possible - would mean the deal made by those running the US show was badly negotiated and poorly constructed.

Anybody know - rather than suspect - if (1) or (2)?
  • sprattjack
    sprattjack Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My only problem is that yesterday i could use my flyer shoes,or whatever you call them,
    and today I could not get them to work.
    I tried logging out and back in but no help, I have not changed any settings in the game on on my computer since yesterday so don't know why they would not work.
    Please look into this sparkie....
  • jessami
    edited December 2014
    Okay, I keep answering people, and then someone points out something I've already addressed.

Prices have never gone down after lower DQ items lost their values.

Prices aren't going down now with all items worthless.

Even the people in this thread that have actively talked about their botting and claim to make good money from it have stated that they don't care about the change.

People who can afford high end characters that can profitably bot can normally make money other ways.

DQ provides money to people who actively play and, for me anyway, makes me feel like my grinding is less pointless.

No one's provided evidence we have to have it this way because of China, only that they do stuff like DQ points and then weekly codes because it's apparently easier.

Reselling gold outside the game has never been shown to be a big problem on PWI.

If you're arguing against it, it's probably because neither you nor anyone you know makes a significant amount of money from drops. You can play just fine without it. Why? Because it's not a huge amount of money. But nowadays, we don't get DQ, we get codes. Most perks I get comes from looking at a Facebook page and entering a code. Even NW depends largely on luck and what nation you're in. Actual drops are one of the few things where you can play by yourself and accomplish something with whatever gear you have.

I'm sorry people are so upset that getting money for drops is an issue to people. I admit that it's not the biggest issue right now, but I don't see why people are so offended by the very idea.
  • djmaev007
    djmaev007 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok so accourding to your times, which this is sad on how you can only get the crystal is if you log in prior to 12 pm. Here's the thing I works 4 in the morning and acourding to your times from patch to crystal time being 12 noon i will not get crystals because i start work when the patch time finsh at ur 3 am and i do not get off work till an hour after the your 12 noon time so i am sure i am not the only who will be experiencing this issue and is unfair to alot of us who have to work or live in other time zones completely. Is there another solution to ur madness cause i've only been playing here a couple weeks and thi really makes me sad b:cry
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    - Alright guys and gals, got a bit of more news regarding the patch. It looks like it will happen tonight (no time yet), and the leveling pill will be available tomorrow at 12 Noon (Pacific Standard Time) Maintenance will begin tonight at 11PM - 3AM.

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141219T12&p1=224

I'm confused, it's been said both ways. To get the pill do we log onto the character BEFORE this time period? Or after? Earlier Sparkie had said the free pill was being given out from the expansion date to the 5th I think, or whenever the end date was. And I believe it was stated that in that time frame the first toon played on an account in that window will get the free pill.

;wnedo[jefsefgpwgoprwg[pjg]wr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    djmaev007 wrote: »
    Ok so accourding to your times, which this is sad on how you can only get the crystal is if you log in prior to 12 pm. Here's the thing I works 4 in the morning and acourding to your times from patch to crystal time being 12 noon i will not get crystals because i start work when the patch time finsh at ur 3 am and i do not get off work till an hour after the your 12 noon time so i am sure i am not the only who will be experiencing this issue and is unfair to alot of us who have to work or live in other time zones completely. Is there another solution to ur madness cause i've only been playing here a couple weeks and thi really makes me sad b:cry

Let's say I'm playing my main, PandaBerr. I will log in today, 18 December 2014 at 9:30pm PST because that is when I get home. At 11pm PST of the same date, the server will shut down for maintenance. At 3am PST on 19 December 2014 the server will come back online. I will log in on PandaBerr and complete my dailies. PandaBerr is level 101 he has no use for the stone. I go to sleep. Wake up at 11am PST 19 December 2014. Because I like to live life on the edge. I log in to my alt Centrifugal which is level 4 at 11:59am PST 19 December 2014. At 12pm 19 December 2014 I am logged in to Centrifugal and the server mails Centrifugal the Illusionary Stone. I activate it and instantly leveled to 95. Then I leave for work. But wait, I have a different alt account. That hasn't logged in yet today, 19 December 2014. I log into that account at 9:30pm 19 December 2014 and it receives the Illusionary Stone and instantly levels to 95. On 3 January 2015 my friend decides to make an account. He's going to be a Blademaster! He logs in at any time during that day and receives the Illusionary Stone, leveling instantly to 95 because the promotion lasts for a month!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • djmaev007
    djmaev007 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the way i read the admins post made it sound this way is why i was like dahellz i am very tired i work very early but ty for the giggle pandaberr
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is the amount of coin you get from armors also a glitch or is lvl 70+ armor dropped from monsters only worth 150 -200 coin now, if so that is a bit heart breaking b:sad b:surrender
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551