Expansion Issues [Update: Stone Issues 12/19]

Options

Comments

• Arashisama - Archosaur
    Arashisama - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Ahh....I was wondering what was going on. I haven't played Perfect World for a while (hasn't been too long though) and I saw this new expansion and the 95 thing and I was so excited for it :) I've been playing for about 4 years, more like almost 3) and my highest level is 41, how sad. So this is pretty cool... A little disappointed that I have to wait, but what can ya do? Things happen. I never check the forums - glad I did.
  • zombienationz
    zombienationz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This thread is like watching the degradation of society, starts off as life is good and by the end everyones pissed off, some of the posts are so badly written i can imagine them crying while furiously beating the keyboard to death with their idiocy lol
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This thread is like watching the degradation of society, starts off as life is good and by the end everyones pissed off, some of the posts are so badly written i can imagine them crying while furiously beating the keyboard to death with their idiocy lol

IKR and thanks, your post gave me a nice chuckle this morning.

Also, for anyone posting to ask why Sparkie hasn't updated it today, he's very likely still asleep. It's only 5:30am in PWE-land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sparkie, is there any possiblility that we can be warned before you send out these pills just in case we are on the wrong alt at the time? ( say, 24 hours notice? )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sparkie, is there any possiblility that we can be warned before you send out these pills just in case we are on the wrong alt at the time? ( say, 24 hours notice? )

It won't be until after the patch, and the warning before hand will come in the other thread on that subject and possibly on FB as well.

You'll just have to keep an eye on the information, and if you don't, assume that it's a possibility when you log in after the patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DirtyBuns - Raging Tide
    DirtyBuns - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ok let me start my post with this, i downloaded the patch while i was sleeping... im a night owl. i wake up and log in... no problems there logged into my archer just fine (toon i wanted to get to 95). then some things happen and power was cut from my house... not a big deal, do some running around in town and get a few things done (yay for distractions!)... power is on btw not that anyone cares lol. but my issue here is this... patcher is done and is on version 829 liike my roomates is and he is on and playing just fine... MY issue is i get logged in just fine, i even created a new toon just fine, i click on start and get to the point where i am entering PWI and as soon as it says entering perfect world.... *CRASH*... everytime i try to get past that point same result. verified files multiple times... same thing, restarted my computer multiple times... same thing, updated the drivers on my gfx card... can you guess what happened?.... the same thing... the only thing i havent done is something i would absolutely hate to do... uninstall and reinstall x.x... just wondering if ayone else out there is having the same issues i am having and if there is anything i can do to fix this issue... thanks for your time and (hopefully) answers....

DirtyBuns RT server
  • pasterhino
    pasterhino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ok let me start my post with this, i downloaded the patch while i was sleeping... im a night owl. i wake up and log in... no problems there logged into my archer just fine (toon i wanted to get to 95). then some things happen and power was cut from my house... not a big deal, do some running around in town and get a few things done (yay for distractions!)... power is on btw not that anyone cares lol. but my issue here is this... patcher is done and is on version 829 liike my roomates is and he is on and playing just fine... MY issue is i get logged in just fine, i even created a new toon just fine, i click on start and get to the point where i am entering PWI and as soon as it says entering perfect world.... *CRASH*... everytime i try to get past that point same result. verified files multiple times... same thing, restarted my computer multiple times... same thing, updated the drivers on my gfx card... can you guess what happened?.... the same thing... the only thing i havent done is something i would absolutely hate to do... uninstall and reinstall x.x... just wondering if ayone else out there is having the same issues i am having and if there is anything i can do to fix this issue... thanks for your time and (hopefully) answers....

DirtyBuns RT server

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take mate. I'd suggest you to just completely uninstall it, run some registry cleaning program(s) (for e.g. CCleaner), a Virus Scan/Bootup Scan, and if nothing is wrong with your computer, do a fresh reinstallation. This often fixes the problem itself already. Good luck.
    ''Knowing is not enough,
    one must APPLY.

Willing is not enough,
    one must DO.''

- Bruce Lee
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Red flashing on the edges of your screen when you come close to dying is LAME. This is not a first person shooter. TAKE IT OFF. OMG we didnt like the pop up asking us to buy guardian scrolls what makes you think we want this? A distraction when you are close to dying does not help one survive.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • lostfreedom
    lostfreedom Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have read thru alot of the forum. However, unless I missed it, no one has reported that there are no pickaxes at the Merchants now.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have read thru alot of the forum. However, unless I missed it, no one has reported that there are no pickaxes at the Merchants now.

You can dig herbs and mats without having pickaxe now.
    giphy.gif

• Trayece - Heavens Tear
    Trayece - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So only SOME people are able to hyper fc. I demand a roll back. So you have some people that are able to run and hyper level in FC while the rest of us are just screwed. This is a huge unfair advantage for the people that are unable to do so. Therefore that should warrant a rollback to prevent others from gaining on this unfair advantage of hyperleveling. Please fix this.

Yes, because we all know life is ALWAYS fair.
  • zoner112012
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Another issue that is annoying to me and many i have spoken with....when you click a link for gear or hover over a piece of gear that isn't ON you you see your gear next to it. While it CAN be helpful its more annoying then anything. Covering my whole screen just to look at one thing from a link is a bit annoying.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • samu95zambo
    samu95zambo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ethika1 wrote: »
    Is the start button still not clickable cuase i noticed it doesnt light up anymore. For me it doesnt light up until i click it

what?? no is all blocked and i can't press anything and i have wait for 4 hour and nothing is a windos broblem but i need know why now make this problem
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2014
    Options
    STOP ASKING FOR A ROLLBACK.

There isnt going to be a rollback and its good to be that way.
    Things can be changed in good without having a rollback
    Having a rollback means for some of us that we worked in vain to be were we are. And I am talking especially for those that have made new classes.
    But I think some people dont know what a rollback means.
    I am bad at english and cant find proper words to explain it myself so please if someone that knows english better than me can explain to this noobs what a rollback means.
    giphy.gif

• lightbane1990
    lightbane1990 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    STOP ASKING FOR A ROLLBACK.

There isnt going to be a rollback and its good to be that way.
    Things can be changed in good without having a rollback
    Having a rollback means for some of us that we worked in vain to be were we are. And I am talking especially for those that have made new classes.
    But I think some people dont know what a rollback means.
    I am bad at english and cant find proper words to explain it myself so please if someone that knows english better than me can explain to this noobs what a rollback means.

a roll back means we ALL go back to when the expansion started and incases of mains 101 ra2 etc.. it goes back to when we first logged in on the server... so no bhs done etc... in cases of the new classes they go back to level 1... if pleveling servers are the case PWI can roll back toons not servers...
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2014
    Options
    a roll back means we ALL go back to when the expansion started and incases of mains 101 ra2 etc.. it goes back to when we first logged in on the server... so no bhs done etc... in cases of the new classes they go back to level 1... if pleveling servers are the case PWI can roll back toons not servers...

Ty for explaining
    thats why a roll back is a bad idea. Cause you got to start all over again.
    giphy.gif

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Also, have the people crying about wanting a rollback even tried leveling just through questing? They have seriously boosted the xp and equipment rewards for the lower levels, and with jones' blessing aoe'ing mobs in one hit is simple. It took only a few hours to hit lvl 30+ while completing cultivations and quests for targeted goals. Pretty sure our server doesn't have hyper FCCs, but I also don't see a point for it, either.
  • Jiinxii - Sanctuary
    Jiinxii - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This, at least TRY leveling first. I know in some cases, people literally stood there on their new toons for hours at a time doing nothing but complaining that they had to level the legitimate way. Oh, heaven forbid you have to do it the "hard way" like some of us vets. I think some people don't realize how much is being handed to them now...
    History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.
  • blackdoragon21
    blackdoragon21 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This, at least TRY leveling first. I know in some cases, people literally stood there on their new toons for hours at a time doing nothing but complaining that they had to level the legitimate way. Oh, heaven forbid you have to do it the "hard way" like some of us vets. I think some people don't realize how much is being handed to them now...

HALLELUYAH finally someone with a brain. this game has become easier and easier to lvl over the years. try playing here just 5 years a go. no FC no pit just straight up leveling from grinding. it would take months to hit 70 not days like it does now. STOP CRYING ABOUT FC AND LEARN YOUR DAMN TOON!!
  • zoner112012
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Morai items such as expeirience jade no longer allow you to use 20 a day. I used only 4 and it said i couldnt use anymore. Yet another thing changed with no warning....but the item still says you can use 20 a day.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • bank82
    bank82 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    How does the new race start the Goshiki Chain please
  • butterfly551
    butterfly551 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Seeing as how we have officially launched, I wanted to make a thread to let you all know of the issues we are aware of and fixing.

1. The Illusionary Pill: The plan was for this to launch at 12 Noon today, so you could all get your free level 95. An issue arose last minute, and the item on live servers, does not work in the intended way. We're pushing out a small patch tonight, to fix the issue. Because of this, the pill will be delayed a tiny bit. I'll post back with any updates once we get them from China.

2. Dawn of The Eclipse Raffle: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9011023-dawn-of-eclipse-raffle! - In relation to the pill issue, this also had to be delayed for the same reasons. The new date is reflected on the blog, 12/24/14 - 1/23/15

3. NW Forge - This was not intended and will be changed. I'll keep you updated with how and when.

4. Hypers in FC - Again, not an intended change and we've made the developers aware.

New Updates

- No patch as of tonight, 12/17. I'll update in the morning when I get news of how the patch is coming along.

- There are no plans currently, for a rollback.

If you come across anything else, please let me know in this thread so I can make the right people aware, and get a fix out asap.

Hello Sparkie, I saw that dreamchaser packs don't give Duskblade/Stormbringer's weapons... please fix that too :)

And the prices for Uncanny and Rapture Crystal have gone overboard b:surrender , was that ment to be like that?
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just warms my heart to know that regular patch/enhancement/expansion testing goes on...

oh wait.. why do that.. we have everyone in game to do that... release that sucker.....
  • Medeina - Raging Tide
    Medeina - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Ok, so I love new content. yes its glitchy, and not perfect, but i love it. new race looks amazing, i love the way new chars look, i love new fash, new dungeons and new beautiful lands.
    Thank you for this update - it was worth to wait. and best luck with fixing imperfections :)
  • sammiebebe85
    sammiebebe85 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle WELL I WAS READING some of the comments and its very childish to throw a hissy fit because there where problem. atleast have the respect to have the privlige to play pwi. and its free for standered player. its just so funny that people would exaclty throw a fit because and tech problem.
  • carly1
    carly1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I thoroughly understand the disappointment with the glitches in this patch; however, as disappointed as I am I don't think stooping to insults and childishness is going to help anything.

I hadn't realized the rep and exp jade in Morai is glitched also. Good to know.

I hope that the npc prices on weapon and armor drops increase. there has to be some way for the farmers to make money.
  • rocketrapson
    rocketrapson Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Any update on the fix yet? I'm holding out so I can make a brand new Chara to use the stone on.
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If I click the Event button twice it should close again, but it don't. I think several menus have similar problem.

Edit: The button was covered with invisible graphics, just move menu and it be fine. I feel I have heard this story before.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Same ****, different patch. It's the cycle of PWI Expansion Days.

Every single update that's been released for this game has been riddled with undocumented and/or unintended changes to the game. You'd think that PWRD, a $760 million dollar publicly-traded company, would improve service quality after a few botched deployments, but nothing's really changed. The consistency in their poor performance is more impressive than anything else, really.

It's always a quick race to exploit all the glitches for gain before they're fixed. They won't punish abusers in accordance with the severity, as they've demonstrated before. PWI has no idea what they're doing, lol.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Same ****, different patch. It's the cycle of PWI Expansion Days.

Every single update that's been released for this game has been riddled with undocumented and/or unintended changes to the game. You'd think that PWRD, a $760 million dollar publicly-traded company, would improve service quality after a few botched deployments, but nothing's really changed. The consistency in their poor performance is more impressive than anything else, really.

It's always a quick race to exploit all the glitches for gain before they're fixed. They won't punish abusers in accordance with the severity, as they've demonstrated before. PWI has no idea what they're doing, lol.

Agreed. It really is quite sad....especially considering this is one expansion that I actually enjoy.

Noobs.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)