Stop... Sucking...

Options
Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Been putting up with clerics not healing in a BH for weeks, finally a cleric has the balls to TALK and show how dumb they are.

http://imgur.com/F9qiqT0

Oh, I was on my Archer not my Barb :P

Archer is rb1 level 97, T3+10 bow and full set of T3+5 armor. Sky Demon's Pearl+4, R8 ring, and Warsong belt +5. Pure dex build with I think it was 9k base or close to it. The cleric never healed during boss fight, I think she did chromatic a couple times on mobs and healed like 2/3 of the 6 in squad.

Let it be clear that the barb attacked the boss first, fine. I already knew the barb wouldn't keep agro, they rarely do anyway.

As soon as the barb attacked I used STA and immedietly took agro. So I sparked, tangling mired and went nuts on the boss. Boss was only doing 200-500 damage per hit, no big deal, seen worse. Still taking hits... Watching cleric cast really slow plume shots at the boss.... 'r u srs?' is what i was thinking

Boss fight took like 20-23 seconds and I had agro the entire time, no way the agro could had been confused to be on someone else. My HP was going down very steadily, oh and the boss did a couple special attacks for 2k. With my HP nearing the 50% mark I say:

- -
heal
cleric

charm ticks

Boss dies

seriously what a lazy cleric, yes i was annoyed.

I didn't get pissed until she made that stupid comment in the pic, and then i was furious when 3 other people from her faction started to PM how much i suck balls and should uninstall.

Here's an update on me, trying to put some of the advice you guys and gals have given me.

http://imgur.com/7gTusk4 Part 1

http://imgur.com/LiZ86aD Part 2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
Started playing on March 2010
Post edited by Lolgasmic - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Real barb doens't need heal
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This is why RT is a laughing stock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This is why RT is a laughing stock.

Sadly, yes LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Don't wear charms if you don't want them ticking. Most of the time I heal at 25% health and DD in the middles. You didn't even die, you're just being an ***. Clerics only job is to not allow you to die and buff. b:chuckle
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Naming/shaming allowed ?
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    On the harshlands most clerics know what to do here - - - The threat of PK has honed their cleric ability to avoid the nonsense stated in this thread.

Want Professional Clerics? Join the Harshlands ^__^
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Naming/shaming allowed ?

No, it isn't... I'll repost with a censored name, thanks for reminding me. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Been putting up with clerics not healing in a BH for weeks, finally a cleric has the balls to TALK and show how dumb they are.

Too many ppl are all gear and no skill anymore. One reason why I pretty much don't play at all. Get on here for the codes and to see how bad PWE wants to **** our version over more.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I quited the game for 2.5 years, been playing for a month now and the one thing i notice is that clerics just dont heal

Every once in a while i see them use aoe heal, rarely see IH or surge being used
  • Rosie_Caster - Harshlands
    Rosie_Caster - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »
    The threat of PK has honed their cleric ability to avoid the nonsense stated in this thread.

Want Professional Clerics? Join the Harshlands ^__^

true the threat of pk has honed our ability, but its pretty much useless when an archer says hello and hits you will 100k crits

and also true, professional clerics are on harshland server, the only reason you would doubt that is if the cleric is haveing lag issues
    i have been getting input lag recently, when i ironheart in fsp, and nothing happens for about 5 seconds, i tell them im sorry and im getting inputlag, and they say its ok, for if i constantly use skills for 3 minutes then the input lag only comes on for about 3 seconds then goes away every 30minutes
    long enough for an fsp to finish
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    There really are different mindsets in playing a cleric. There are those who're fully committed to their role as a cleric, are vigilant, and take it as a personal failure whenever someone dies in their squad (no matter how careless that *someone* was behaving). Then, there are those who're roling a cleric as a 2nd, 3rd, 4th ... 10th alt. Often, the latter crowd will comment that they're a battle cleric first, healer second. They often are former DD'ers who've been spoiled in-squad by clerics who covered their butts.

Since 2009 I've roled six clerics to above 96, a couple above 100. Far and away, clerics are my favorite class ... I like the cleric's importance in a squad, I enjoyed being able to solo most everything, when other classes needed help.

I will never -- repeat, NEVER -- play a cleric again; simply tired of being screamed at when some nitwit archer or sin aggros too many mobs (but can't hold aggro from my heals) and cry when they die. Also done with the attitude that clerics were created for the sole purpose of allowing others to have fun at their expense.

I'm old school -- I considered it a personal challenge to never let the barb in my squad never have a ticked charm. Back in the days before hypered FCC ... when we did full runs for fun and meager exp, I was in continual demand. Then came the days of hyper-baby sins and others, no understanding of their role in squad -- just blaze away and expect the hapless cleric to keep them alive -- of course no one protected the cleric, after all, what fun is that.

PFFT ... your charm ticked. My heart bleeds (NOT) ... you're the kind of one-way MF who will QQ about that, no nevermind how many times the cleric's charm ticked to protect your dumbazz. Learn how to play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's funny how people still b*tches about a charm tick or two these days...

"ZOMG CHARM TICKED, YOU SUCK BALLZ!!!1!11!"

If you don't wanna your charm ticking, them don't equip one, simple as that... A cleric shouldn't be forced to watch for your stupid charm... his role is to save the squad, not to save your charm b:bye
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    b:laugh Still having a hard time understanding why someone else's charm tick is a clerics problem. And I'm guessing your were also not the tank. Which puts you even further back on the list of priority heals. I remember when certain people would announce every tick they would get. That would always put them even further back on the list. And FYI charms in pve are a waste anyway.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Real barb doens't need heal
    Everyone needs b:angry
    Naming/shaming allowed ?
    It's NOT naming and shaming. It's just... disagreeing with the policy. They don't break game rules, they can be freely posted.

To be honest, I'm scared of young unfledged clerics (not only clerics to be completely honest), that's why I solo pv even on my low lvl non reborn alts b:sweat Though with squad it goes slightly faster. And always keep close at hand genie/apo which allows me to survive without cleric if it comes to surviving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    idgaf if people's charm ticks so long as they're not charm tanking everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I dont care if my charm ticks here and there, thats to be expected. But when I am charm tanking instance with a cleric in squad that does **** me off.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Rosie_Caster - Harshlands
    Rosie_Caster - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    my absolute favorite thing i have heard when im on my cleric.
    the assassin and archers charm ticks, they yell at me because i wasnt healing them. i was healing the tank and the boss aoed. sin charm tick, "stupid cleric made my charm tick"
    archer charm tick"why wasnt i getting healed"

after bh was done i 1shot both of them with 8k. i had no idea there were lvl 105s with less then 8k hp. my cleric, lvl 101 no r9, 15k hp. those 2, 105 half r9 less then 6-7k hp
  • pachwenko
    pachwenko Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Haha! I would pk them, if I had a pk server. Cleric for lunch and veno for dinner is my motto. But seriously its not that hard to avoid ticking your charm even when tanking b:shutup
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

I hate to say this, but having a charm tick is not the problem of the cleric. A cleric cannot be expected to check everyone in the squad to see if they are charmed or not. Also a charm is more of a safety measure, and not a necessity. You decided you wanted to equip a charm fine, but its not up to the cleric to play "I WILL SAVE YOUR CHARM!"..... that, in my opinion, is just sad.

Also from that screenie it seems that no one in your squad died even if the player was having lag issues, so why even complain? It's a cleric job to make sure a squad stays alive no? But it's also your job to unsure the cleric is alive TO heal, and not whine about a charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • afkitsune
    afkitsune Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Some clerics get this idea in their head that they exist solely as a damage dealer. They've got G16 or R999 +10 and don't have to take any nonsense from people like you.

Other clerics may only have TT green gear, or g16 or R999. And take keeping the squad alive very very seriously. Even when that blademaster with 8k hp and 2k magic resists pulls all of metal and squad wipes, that cleric might feel bad for not saving everyone.

I think almost everyone knows that keeping squads alive is what clerics do best and are some combination of the above. We all have our good days and bad days and 25k ping lag spikes.

But please clerics, if you don't want to do ANY healing, announce that you are gonna DD only in case your squad needs a healer D:

-From someone who has terrible grammar and 3 g16 clerics.
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    BP > cleric js.....

And no this isn't helpful or important to the conversation at hand.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    All I can say is not easy being a cleric, especially as a solo cleric in a 10 man squad.
    Most time someone got their charm ticked is when said person is out of my heal range and I was busy healing someone else.

Hardest job is being a solo cleric in FSP at toad boss where I must throw axes, puri debuff, heal tank, aoe heals, and buffing those who walked back from entrance b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Ahmas - Archosaur
    Ahmas - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    There really are different mindsets in playing a cleric. There are those who're fully committed to their role as a cleric, are vigilant, and take it as a personal failure whenever someone dies in their squad (no matter how careless that *someone* was behaving). Then, there are those who're roling a cleric as a 2nd, 3rd, 4th ... 10th alt. Often, the latter crowd will comment that they're a battle cleric first, healer second. They often are former DD'ers who've been spoiled in-squad by clerics who covered their butts.

Since 2009 I've roled six clerics to above 96, a couple above 100. Far and away, clerics are my favorite class ... I like the cleric's importance in a squad, I enjoyed being able to solo most everything, when other classes needed help.

I will never -- repeat, NEVER -- play a cleric again; simply tired of being screamed at when some nitwit archer or sin aggros too many mobs (but can't hold aggro from my heals) and cry when they die. Also done with the attitude that clerics were created for the sole purpose of allowing others to have fun at their expense.

I'm old school -- I considered it a personal challenge to never let the barb in my squad never have a ticked charm. Back in the days before hypered FCC ... when we did full runs for fun and meager exp, I was in continual demand. Then came the days of hyper-baby sins and others, no understanding of their role in squad -- just blaze away and expect the hapless cleric to keep them alive -- of course no one protected the cleric, after all, what fun is that.

PFFT ... your charm ticked. My heart bleeds (NOT) ... you're the kind of one-way MF who will QQ about that, no nevermind how many times the cleric's charm ticked to protect your dumbazz. Learn how to play the game.

THAAAAAANK YOOOOOUUU. b:dirty i've been playing my first and main toon, a 101 rb cleric for over 3 years and have always been called a fail. i'm one of the only clerics on my ******ned server who does nothing but HEAL. i dont dd in runs unless i solo, i dont debuff, i ONLY HEAL constantly and nonstop, and still people die from doing a pull with me way in the back spamming my holypath and pots cause the rushy sin or archer in front just runs through and when mobs lose aggro on them, they come for me when I havent healed the puller or even hit a single mob. then I die and I'm the fail? cause the squad left me?

^ or when sin dies cause they sparked, stole aggro from barb and got 1 shot the second boss turned. why blame the healer?
    afkitsune wrote: »
    Some clerics get this idea in their head that they exist solely as a damage dealer. They've got G16 or R999 +10 and don't have to take any nonsense from people like you.

Other clerics may only have TT green gear, or g16 or R999. And take keeping the squad alive very very seriously. Even when that blademaster with 8k hp and 2k magic resists pulls all of metal and squad wipes, that cleric might feel bad for not saving everyone.

I think almost everyone knows that keeping squads alive is what clerics do best and are some combination of the above. We all have our good days and bad days and 25k ping lag spikes.

But please clerics, if you don't want to do ANY healing, announce that you are gonna DD only in case your squad needs a healer D:

-From someone who has terrible grammar and 3 g16 clerics.

every single rrr9 cleric ive ever met are fat headed and fancy theirselves soloers, tankers, and dds, and refuse to heal. they, themselves also die and get mad when its their own fault lols
    Seekers = OP DD Clerics b:dirty

avi fail, lvl 101 char >.>
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Was nice to read this thread.

First a short reply (for all people who are too lazy to read):
    Try to communicate BEFORE running an instance.

Now the long version of my reply:
    I think it is a mistake made by many to just depend on clerics since we can use charms, can use HP pots or other "mindblowing" stuff while running an instance. If we choose to keep the charm we shouldn't use it, right? Sure there are people who are 'virtually crying' - or are f#cking pissed in RL - if they loose EXP when getting killed (on RT server that is) but PWI is just a game. The EXP will come back some day - if we just work for it. But if we're lucky no EXP will be lost (depending on level/skills from cleric).

Before running an instance it's a good thing to ask if a cleric is coming to heal or fight. Also we should know that we don't need to pm clerics during a run since they know what they're doing (or at least should know at the point they run their first instance; yup - the cave near Plume). Before starting to tickle a boss - yeah, they will hate you for that - we can ask a cleric to IH spam while watching the HP from other squadmembers AND ask other squadmembers to keep tracking their own HP. Not by using a pm but by using the normal chatfunction. Also keep in mind many RB clerics can solo instances. So, if you have anyone like that in your squad you should relax, have a drink (Hell, you can even have virtual sex with a vacuumcleaner like the leader of Garuda faction does, lol) and watch the cleric doing the job. Communication does it all: talk before running an instance. Don't want to do it? Well, most of us are members of a 'helpful' faction so can wait until factionmembers are ready to help.

So, what am I doing when playing with my cleric? I made a personal rule: people who start sending pm's telling me what to do while running an instance like a moron won't recieve any buffs. I could even leave the squad if I don't need anything in the instance! (only happened once, about 2 years ago). If people ask for IH spamming BEFORE they attack a boss they will recieve it while I watch other members.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sjampie wrote: »
    Before running an instance it's a good thing to ask if a cleric is coming to heal or fight.
    This is nonsense. Let's also ask venos if they are going to debuff (going foxform is 10sec of precious DD time lost!), barbs to tank (they can dd in human too!), BMs to dragon (came directly from 2009 with fists) etc. Reborn 100+ player is supposed to be able to estimate the situation quickly and decide if others can do without his support.
    Also keep in mind many RB clerics can solo instances.
    Yup, especially FS. If he can solo, he can run alone. I still see a lot of squishies in squads who do need heal. Decided to go in squads - take care of squadmates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Zaccy - Raging Tide
    Zaccy - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sometimes I do wish some classes just stopped using aggro skills so I could tank, Elven Boon ftw :3 But having IH strong enough to do significant healing with one cast is nice to dish out :3
    I think someone else made this point but... Generally my priority is to keep people alive above saving their charm... And often I am used to gameplay without charms for PvE and generally I know all the instances and how much time I have in order for people to be needing that heal. Sometimes I do wish that a particularly squishie person would just stay back or something though :|
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    BP > cleric js.....
    And no this isn't helpful or important to the conversation at hand.

In a bossfight, BP won't offset the damage a proper barb takes usually. I'm assuming we're talking instances like FSP or BH AEU. It's rare that a cleric -needs- to be support DD. Primary damagedealers are psy's, archers, wizzies and sins these days. So there's no reason for a cler to go dd if there's healing to be done.

Only exception imho is at the start of a bossfight if everyone is sparking for spike dd - if a cler can go VD and launch Mark of Weakness, that would add a significant amount of damage.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

It's NOT naming and shaming. It's just... disagreeing with the policy. They don't break game rules, they can be freely posted.

It was... if you read page 1, you'll see OP answered me and edited his post. When you want to talk about a general idea you don't have to name people by copy/pasting a private discussion (showing their namz) here ;)

Back to topic... PVE is now that easy that if a cleric just use AOE heal everything can be fine and this doesn't mean he couldn't adapt to another situation. However even if a charm tick is not a big deal, I consider that this is the healer role to avoid it. Arguing "if you don't want your charm to tick, don't use one" is the worst point I saw in a long time :)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    . Arguing "if you don't want your charm to tick, don't use one" is the worst point I saw in a long time :)

Nah, not the worst point. Some people simply don't know how to have fun in the game b:laugh
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Professional Cleric that Lives on Dreamweaver.

FAIR WARNING: I wrote an essay by accident. Kind of sleepy, so it may be a bit distorted to.

Similar to some, I also rarely attack in instances. I only do so if someone else has assumed the healing role, and the squad wants me to DD. Even then, I'm still keeping an eye out for buffs, and debuffs, whilst debuffing the boss myself via Mark of weakness, Elemental Seal, Dimensional Seal, Magical Shackles, and Extreme Poison, while DD'ing hard. I even inform the squad that I'll try to time my extreme poison with their sparks. (Love using it at the same time that a blademaster HF's.) While I'm doing this though, I am fully aware that I am a healer, and as a healer, I am ready to come out of UV mode at any given moment, and assist healing, or take over the healing role if I see a situation arise. My primary goal in a squad isn't to DD, nor debuff. It's to keep people from dying, and losing hp. So to this end, even with multiple clerics in a squad, I am more than willing to take over the healing role, and handle it from there.

Communication is vital to a squad. If a cleric isn't going to heal, I'd prefer for them to say. Clerics can DD, but if a squad says LF Cleric, they don't mean that they're looking for cleric DD. They mean that they're looking for cleric healing/buffing/purifying.

Regarding Charm tick, I personally try hard to avoid charm ticks. I don't like it when a squad member has their charm tick. Simultaneously, I feel as though it's not the end of the world if they do. I view the charm to be a failsafe, and it is serving it's purpose. It is rare that I have charm ticks, but it does happen. I do challenge myself to avoid charmticks, but if a person does get them, it's not always the cleric to blame. Sometimes it's the situation. I could be channeling Chromatic Healing Beam after a boss AOE'd, and spam healing another DD that stole aggro, when aggro switched again so I have to now save someone else, and you've reclaimed aggro, and so your charm ticked. I don't have high channeling, opting instead to go for defense. I probably have anywhere in the range of -18 to -24 channeling less than most other clerics, so it's not uncommon for them to get spells off before I can, and I am more at risk of being interrupted than others. Sometimes I simply might not be fast enough, or aggro ping pong might have resulted in someone with a charm tick. I'd rather have someone get a charm tick than a squad member die, and sometimes the cleric has to make that call. If you're charmed, I will always pick the squad member that I feel might die, and let the charm heal you back to full. I even make this call for myself. Take the charm tick from some random mobs myself, and heal the player who likely won't survive based on the situation.

I will admit that I do get irritated when squads say Cleric HEAL, Cleric purify this boss, Cleric IH. I'm like, I know my job, trust me. I have you covered. You're in good hands now. I don't tell you how to pull, please don't tell me how to heal. (Unless I'm inexperienced in a dungeon, then I'll ask for it.) I realized over time that most people don't do it to be rude towards me. They're doing it because they're seen a great many clerics that failed to do these things. Being a cleric myself, I always assumed the role of Primary healer, so I hadn't been greatly exposed to some of the DD clerics that people spoke of.

However, one of my friends took me on a few runs in WS where she already had a cleric, and wanted me to come along because she feels safer with me. From the time after the pavilions to end of the run, I couldn't believe it. Tempest at every turn. Running nearly to the front of the squad, and trying to DD harder than my friend who was tanking. Got to the point that we'd reach the boss, and I'd pm my friend saying "I bet she'll cast tempest."....she sure enough did, and I've been exposed to some other clerics that DD hard since then, and have been told nightmare stories about clerics. In truth, hearing some of the nightmare stories about clerics was one of the driving forces for me to create the cleric guide that I did. It was this WS that also caused me not to be so irritated when people would tell me to heal....they've been exposed to nightmare clerics, so as a pose to getting as irritated, I joke about it, and tell them to trust me, and see how good of a cleric I really am. Some are hesitant about it, but it tends to lighten the mood. They start trusting good clerics again, and I'm not being told what to do. So we're all happy. Lol. I tend to pm them after a run, asking how good I did. I tend to get friend requests afterwards, so that says something for myself, but I've seen how bad some clerics can be.

That said, I sympathize with you. I personally feel as though if I let a barb with 30k hp take a charm tick, I somehow let 15k hp escape said barb without my heals, so I need to re-evaluate how I'm handling this situation. It's not always the cleric's fault that it happened,...it's not even my job to save a person from a charm tick. It's more of a personal goal, but even then I still try to improve.

I feel as though I'm rambling, so I'll stop here. But those are my thoughts on it.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)