I'm not against doing all my quests but...

kikiwikilili
kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
I'm not against doing all my quests, i have already done this 3 years ago on my Blademasters (not on this account ofc), i did them all b:cute, after all we are on a MMORPG b:victory. Everyone want to get all the classes lvl 105 (100 minimum) to PVP, do the 100+ instances, etc...

But, should i do all the quests again? On my 9 others classes ? This is why we should be able to use hyper in FC, its so logic. Who would like to do all those 500+ quests 10 times on 10 differents classes? b:shocked. Or if PWI don't want to enable hyper in FC, give us a way to lv up faster! It take a lot of time (1 years minimum) to get lvl 105
Post edited by kikiwikilili on

Comments

• hugmachine
    hugmachine Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why not do the quests ?
    They teach you how to play your character.
    I have 10 toons and have done em all, They all 101+..
    NO FCC or HYPERS used.
    I did it the real player way....
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is why we should be able to use hyper in FC, its so logic.

I couldn't had said it better myself.

Also, I was sort of gone when this happened... Someone care to enlighten me about PWE's "plan" to replace it? Or did they say anything at all? And how many RQ threads were made? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    I couldn't had said it better myself.

Also, I was sort of gone when this happened... Someone care to enlighten me about PWE's "plan" to replace it? Or did they say anything at all? And how many RQ threads were made? b:surrender
    Surprisingly, not that many.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    FF teaches you to learn you toons just as much as quest do and ff probably does it better since its squad based survival and collaborate with each other and quest you mainly solo anyways.FF prepairs you for the lvl 100+ instances to where people have more squad play.I rather have a ff junkie than a quester any day.

I p lvl my mystic to 70 then orbed to 94 and still learned my toon by doing FF and daily bh at 100
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hugmachine wrote: »
    Why not do the quests ?

No they don't.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • nanu9954
    nanu9954 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2014

How ? Quests ? FC ? or Dragoon glitch ? I am sure its FC + Dragoon glitch because you play since 2009. The oldest players that play since 2008 were cuddled so damn hard! Gold 100k, FC, Free Demon/Sage event gold, x2 often, everything very cheap and easy lol (They are all 105 R9RR+12 JoDs)

All those new players that play since 2012 are not that lucky
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2014
    Hypers in FF was exclusive to our version of the game. I imagine it was removed to bring our version more in line with the "parent" version at PW-CN/Wanmei.

PWE didn't make the descision to remove it, Wanmei did, and it has already been verified that the change was intentional. They don't owe us any replacement, and it's not like there aren't a hundred other ways to get EXp really fast, some of them are even more effective than FCC for tons under 100, and over 100, you have even more tools available.

it's also been verified that the upcoming expansion re-worked the existing 80+ quests to increase the amount of exp and spirit gained by quite a large amount, thus making it even easier to level the higher toons.

If you don't wan to play a MMORPG, then go find a sandbox somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    If you don't wan to play a MMORPG, then go find a sandbox somewhere.

I would have highlighted the "MMO" part. Seems like soloing everything is the major point right now. b:chuckle
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    FF teaches you to learn you toons just as much as quest do and ff probably does it better since its squad based survival and collaborate with each other and quest you mainly solo anyways.FF prepairs you for the lvl 100+ instances to where people have more squad play.I rather have a ff junkie than a quester any day.

I p lvl my mystic to 70 then orbed to 94 and still learned my toon by doing FF and daily bh at 100

Frost used to be a lovely instance 2-3 years ago, it was, as you said, a squad exercise and it demanded attention, since it was so different than the other content till that level.
    For the last 2 years, however, people just buy heads and then rage quit mid fc run because it's not fast, or they die since they don't know what their role is or they simply just leech away with no shame.
    It's infuriating to see the level of idiocy, to be fair, and I used to try a few times weekly on my lvl 90 alts to do a run to gain that extra 2% exp needed to lvl, but no, it was not worth it, not with the headache and amount of swearing involved.
    I did lvl my chars just fine without it, it just took a longer time, but I'm fine with that.
    As a fun fact, I tried FC after awakening my cleric with other awakened people and I wanted to slap them, lots of idiots the second or third time leveling to 100 still remained.
    I did get a few surprises with a squad made up of noobie chars, although a few were alts, but they knew their roles quite well and that made me really happy, but this was a smaller percentage, sadly.
    As for the new race, I look forward to making the quests all over again, it's been over a year and a half, maybe 2, since I had a baby char and I'm looking forward to read them all again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kikiwikilili
    kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nanu9954 wrote: »
    How ? Quests ? FC ? or Dragoon glitch ? I am sure its FC + Dragoon glitch because you play since 2009. The oldest players that play since 2008 were cuddled so damn hard! Gold 100k, FC, Free Demon/Sage event gold, x2 often, everything very cheap and easy lol (They are all 105 R9RR+12 JoDs)

^ So true b:laugh
  • overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why not do the quests ?
    NO FCC or HYPERS used.

eww... no life b:chuckle
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm not against doing all my quests, i have already done this 3 years ago on my Blademasters (not on this account ofc), i did them all b:cute, after all we are on a MMORPG b:victory. Everyone want to get all the classes lvl 105 (100 minimum) to PVP, do the 100+ instances, etc...

But, should i do all the quests again? On my 9 others classes ? This is why we should be able to use hyper in FC, its so logic. Who would like to do all those 500+ quests 10 times on 10 differents classes? b:shocked. Or if PWI don't want to enable hyper in FC, give us a way to lv up faster! It take a lot of time (1 years minimum) to get lvl 105

Oh look. Yet another "QQ I can't insta level everything to end game because I'm lazy" thread. Seriously, why the hell should a person be allowed to level all toons they want with questing only one character? Do you think that a person should be able to have 10 or more alts insta level their sage/demon 100 cultis just by having 1 toon do it too? I bet you think if one spends the time, effort and money to get full r9rr on 1 toon then all those 10 other alts ought to instantly have r9rrr gears too because why should you have to spend all that time, effort and money to gears them all up, right? That is your logic and reasoning.

Each char is a new individual toon and each one should be forced to go through the same process to reach end game. If you don't like that then just stick with 1 character. Damn.

All those new players since 2012 have had many more ways to level than those who started in 2008 and 2009 did. And those new toons starting in 2014 have is easy compared to those who started in 2012 and especially 2009. Get freaking real. My catshop leveled to 52 with a level 1 weapon and no gears and it hasn't done a single quest or killed anything nor does it even have a genie.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh look. Yet another "QQ I can't insta level everything to end game because I'm lazy" thread.
    Yet another "I'm holier than thou" reply filled with your own assumptions, meanings and jumping to extreme conclusions. Your argument is just as flawed as the one you are arguing against. Pot calling the kettle black.
    And guess what? Neither side is right. Its all subjective opinion. Yours means as little as mine or anyone else's and you will not convince anyone that your truth is the only one, just as no one will convince you of theirs. If you really wanted this subject to die, you'd stop keeping the topics alive with these replies and just let them die.

I know its absolutely pointless to argue with someone with your mentality, I will point out that I believe there is a rather large difference between "lazy" and "having a life and just want to experience an MMO in all aspects casually", though I imagine you will have some rant to correct me on that. Again, its just an opinion (a seemingly lost notion).
    But by all means, keep the topic alive.
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Playing since mid 2009 and you know what?
    I rarely did fc to level up to 100 for any of my 4 toons. I find fc strangely boring and repetitive after a while and I'd rather leave a character sitting in realm of reflection all night rather than spend the whole day in an instance that's going to nauseate me.

Also, never did PV, and rarely used hypers on map mobs.

And I'm not obsessing on quests either.

I really don't know how I did manage to get 4 toons up to 100 this way b:chuckle
    edited October 2014
    Playing since mid 2009 and you know what?
    I rarely did fc to level up to 100 for any of my 4 toons. I find fc strangely boring and repetitive after a while and I'd rather leave a character sitting in realm of reflection all night rather than spend the whole day in an instance that's going to nauseate me.

Also, never did PV, and rarely used hypers on map mobs.

And I'm not obsessing on quests either.

I really don't know how I did manage to get 4 toons up to 100 this way b:chuckle

Well, just happens from casually playing over that long a period, the experience adds up.
    I have a couple for years who leveled the same way. Had one hit 102 without trying and just playing normally for a few years b:pleased
  • maldryx
    maldryx Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Cuddled? You are sadly misinformed...

1)Event gold wasn't in the game back then... you either bought through the botique or other players, period.

2)Gold was 100k, yes, but the game economy wasn't screwed like it is today. 100k coins back then was about like 5m coins is today. What's worse is that most of your coins went towards leveling skills, necessary items (pots, etc), and repairing after hours of Zen-grinding.

3)x2 often? No, sorry. We get 2x a LOT more often these days than we EVER did back then.

4)Everything cheap and easy eh? Everything was a lot simpler back then, but it was nowhere near "cheap and easy".

And the Dragoon glitch... yeah, that one was a bit of a problem back in the day, but it was fixed long before RA came out... so blaming the Goon glitch for players being 105x3 is just silly.

I bet if you had played this game back when there were no BH quests and you had to grind for part (or all) of your level from lvl40+, you wouldn't be here whining that us 'older' players had it so easy.

EDIT: Oh, and hypers? Weren't in the game.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    Yet another "I'm holier than thou" reply filled with your own assumptions, meanings and jumping to extreme conclusions. Your argument is just as flawed as the one you are arguing against. Pot calling the kettle black.
    And guess what? Neither side is right. Its all subjective opinion. Yours means as little as mine or anyone else's and you will not convince anyone that your truth is the only one, just as no one will convince you of theirs. If you really wanted this subject to die, you'd stop keeping the topics alive with these replies and just let them die.

I know its absolutely pointless to argue with someone with your mentality, I will point out that I believe there is a rather large difference between "lazy" and "having a life and just want to experience an MMO in all aspects casually", though I imagine you will have some rant to correct me on that. Again, its just an opinion (a seemingly lost notion).
    But by all means, keep the topic alive.

Maybe I should have used the word 'entitled' instead of 'lazy.' That's what a bunch of these FC QQers are coming across as.

What makes my argument relevant is that my points and opinions just happen to be the direction the devs are taking the game. QQ more and call me pretentious or anything you want. LOL! Fact remains that the game is far better off now than it was when people were bypassing 99% of the game herp derping an instance all day. On LC world chat has so much more requests for low level activity and instances. It's refreshing to see that part of the game come alive again. Because of that I couldn't care less about what people like you or any other FC QQer thinks.

Here's a blast from the past:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1604101

Many who condemned this ridiculous idea just happen to share my opinion as well.

edited October 2014
    Because of that I couldn't care less about what people like you or any other FC QQer thinks.
    And this is what makes your argument completely worthless and irrelevant.
    You are more self-absorbed with your own opinion (and that's all it is) than the people you claim to be self-entitled and want to impose your opinion as the truth with your own observations being stated as fact. You cannot claim to know the developers intentions or viewpoints and state that as fact, especially given they are increasing other methods of experience to speed up leveling is a direct conflict of your claim, as it would indicate they realize the current system is dated and boring and are going to implement a middle ground for faster leveling while still maintaining a system outside of one instance - which is what I had mentioned before in a different thread.
    There is no middle ground, no room for understanding or even considering someone else's situation or valid points in your own self-indulgent world. Its outright dismissed with disrespect and condescension. You outright said 'people like me' when I've validated the problems FC brought.
    The other people you mention, most I can respect and see what they are saying from their viewpoint and understand it, because they do so without disdain for anyone that has an opposing opinion.

Also, that you repeatedly reply to these threads in a vain attempt to impose your own view as the only right one on this matter seems to show that you do care. Quite a bit.
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Now in days, it takes alot more than One year to get 105.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    And this is what makes your argument completely worthless and irrelevant.
    You are more self-absorbed with your own opinion (and that's all it is) than the people you claim to be self-entitled and want to impose your opinion as the truth with your own observations being stated as fact. You cannot claim to know the developers intentions or viewpoints and state that as fact, especially given they are increasing other methods of experience to speed up leveling is a direct conflict of your claim, as it would indicate they realize the current system is dated and boring and are going to implement a middle ground for faster leveling while still maintaining a system outside of one instance - which is what I had mentioned before in a different thread.
    There is no middle ground, no room for understanding or even considering someone else's situation or valid points in your own self-indulgent world. Its outright dismissed with disrespect and condescension. You outright said 'people like me' when I've validated the problems FC brought.
    The other people you mention, most I can respect and see what they are saying from their viewpoint and understand it, because they do so without disdain for anyone that has an opposing opinion.

Also, that you repeatedly reply to these threads in a vain attempt to impose your own view as the only right one on this matter seems to show that you do care. Quite a bit.

As I already mentioned but you are way to dense to comprehend it It's much more than my opinion at this point. It's the way the devs and PWE changed the game to be. LOL! What more is there other than QQ from people like the OP and you. The changes are having the desired effects which is to force players back out into the open map to level their characters the way the game was originally designed to allow them to do.

You can sit there and trash talk my opinions until hell freezes over but it will change nothing at the end of the day. I'm just agreeing with the decision from the devs and PWE to remove hypers in FC. In other words I support the current status quo. It's people like you the the OP who have some mental issues with it, not me.

Get over it and move on already. Damn.

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    .... and it's not like there aren't a hundred other ways to get EXp really fast, some of them are even more effective than FCC for toons under 100....RPG, then go find a sandbox somewhere.

I have recently made a new archer. Its now level 87. Over the last 2 days I did all dailies, including paperclip and the whole tideborn quest chain and I levelled from 28% to 58%.

That was some hours gaming for what I consider a really **** result.

By pure chance, since I'm never usually taken into PV on that alt, one Eccy (thanks again) came to the rescue and took a few of us through pv and I levelled to 72%.

The BH I did, I did with my 101 RB2 Sin. If I didn't have the sin, a 101 RB2 Psychic was going to run it for us. If we didn't have someone like my sin or the psychic, then we couldn't have done the BH because not enough people of the correct level replied in WC to come do the BH. To save time I bought the wines at 480k.

Okay first question - what would a new player do without my resources.

Second question - from a skill/development perspective, what's the difference dragging my alt through BH, or dragging it though FC heads room?

Next lets look at paperclip. It is a really slow, boring, pain in the butt. I only do it because I bought the 10mill super teleport bell which means its all done in 15-20mins as opposed to 40-1hr. So the first cost is the 10mill and I think its about another 150k to teleport around the place. Now go and consider question one and two above.

Next look at tideborn, it can only be done once, so that's that.

Now the other days just because I wanted to try and level more, since my dailies were all done I did a whole bunch of the high reward quests from Dreamweaver and after some hours I think I went up about 6% in xp.

Now if I go a few days without getting into a PV squad and only do the normal dailies then I'm lucky to go up 5% and questing contributes next to nothing. I have an idea for lvl 90+ but again its not feasible for people without the right resources.

SylenThunder please tell me what these ways are to get XP really fast........unless you are already filthy rich and have save up all the orbs and stuff, I'm going to call you on this one. Levelling for new toons after level 80 absolutely sucks.

Also I might mention, as I've said in previous threads, I am still continuously helping new toons here and there at lower levels - this should peak some interest - that there actually are new people playing. As always, they last a few weeks on my FL and then they are gone and never log in again. Its really common.

Personally the very LEAST I would like is FC hypers but I would actually like to see the goon xp bought back to the original level as well.

EDIT - as I've also said previously, give us a reason to do quests. Make all current quests above level 60 give 10x the current xp and they might become worth it - at least until you hit say 85, then the quests would need 100x the xp to make them worth doing.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why not do the quests ?
    NO FCC or HYPERS used.
    And that is the problem right there.I guess if you don't do all the quests on all of your classes, you are then....
    NOT A REAL PLAYER?

Give me a freaking break... Real players play the game. They may not play like you do. Or find elements of the game as enjoyable as you do. They might be P lvlers, they might be role players, they might find achievement in doing every single quest they possibly could ( I did my first time around)......OR THEY MAY HATE QUESTS (THIS IS ALSO ME). The quests are so boring.... Do them 2, 3, 4 times? No, I think not.... BUT I AM STILL A REAL PLAYER!
    No they don't.

Agreed. Instances help but those mundane quests really don't.
    I have recently made a new archer. Its now level 87. Over the last 2 days I did all dailies, including paperclip and the whole tideborn quest chain and I levelled from 28% to 58%.

That was some hours gaming for what I consider a really **** result.

By pure chance, since I'm never usually taken into PV on that alt, one Eccy (thanks again) came to the rescue and took a few of us through pv and I levelled to 72%.

The BH I did, I did with my 101 RB2 Sin. If I didn't have the sin, a 101 RB2 Psychic was going to run it for us. If we didn't have someone like my sin or the psychic, then we couldn't have done the BH because not enough people of the correct level replied in WC to come do the BH. To save time I bought the wines at 480k.

Okay first question - what would a new player do without my resources.

Second question - from a skill/development perspective, what's the difference dragging my alt through BH, or dragging it though FC heads room?

Next lets look at paperclip. It is a really slow, boring, pain in the butt. I only do it because I bought the 10mill super teleport bell which means its all done in 15-20mins as opposed to 40-1hr. So the first cost is the 10mill and I think its about another 150k to teleport around the place. Now go and consider question one and two above.

Next look at tideborn, it can only be done once, so that's that.

Now the other days just because I wanted to try and level more, since my dailies were all done I did a whole bunch of the high reward quests from Dreamweaver and after some hours I think I went up about 6% in xp.

Now if I go a few days without getting into a PV squad and only do the normal dailies then I'm lucky to go up 5% and questing contributes next to nothing. I have an idea for lvl 90+ but again its not feasible for people without the right resources.

SylenThunder please tell me what these ways are to get XP really fast........unless you are already filthy rich and have save up all the orbs and stuff, I'm going to call you on this one. Levelling for new toons after level 80 absolutely sucks.

Also I might mention, as I've said in previous threads, I am still continuously helping new toons here and there at lower levels - this should peak some interest - that there actually are new people playing. As always, they last a few weeks on my FL and then they are gone and never log in again. Its really common.

Personally the very LEAST I would like is FC hypers but I would actually like to see the goon xp bought back to the original level as well.

EDIT - as I've also said previously, give us a reason to do quests. Make all current quests above level 60 give 10x the current xp and they might become worth it - at least until you hit say 85, then the quests would need 100x the xp to make them worth doing.

He's is going to tell you to zhen in PQ. Which at the end of the day is no different than running fc for heads or full. You set aoe DD and cleric with auto pot or mp charms. If you have a seeker do not lvl vortex. YOu won't be able to keep it up.. this seems odd since so many complaints of FC was people not lvling skills on time...

Fact is all the FC haters will tell you to do all your quests and to zen... you know like old school days. They are stuck in the past and want everyone to be there with them. Problem is the game has changed dramatically. There will be some relief when the expansion comes. Quest exp and getting buffed etc.
  • sweetannabelle
    sweetannabelle Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    b:cry
    I'm level 14 right now, I just started playing a few days ago. This doesn't make me very optimistic for the future! :c
    Then again coming from ether saga where that was a giant grindfest, I may just cope with it... e.e.
    Rawr, sorry for going off topic but how long would it take to get to level 100+ as a free player who has no idea what they're doing? :3
    YL4E0jS.jpg
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    b:cry
    I'm level 14 right now, I just started playing a few days ago. This doesn't make me very optimistic for the future! :c
    Then again coming from ether saga where that was a giant grindfest, I may just cope with it... e.e.
    Rawr, sorry for going off topic but how long would it take to get to level 100+ as a free player who has no idea what they're doing? :3

Do what we long termers are doing dude, wait and see what the expansion brings, get used to the game so you will be ready to roll a moon fairy with everyone else b:chuckle

EDIT - I'm hoping the expansion brings some xp relief for 80+.........

EDIT - in answer to your question, getting in with a good faction will help, as regards getting BH and culti done, but how to get good coin as a new player?....that's a tough one - best troll the forums about making money - there are ways to get some change to get by.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2014
    maldryx wrote: »
    Cuddled? You are sadly misinformed...

1)Event gold wasn't in the game back then... you either bought through the botique or other players, period.

2)Gold was 100k, yes, but the game economy wasn't screwed like it is today. 100k coins back then was about like 5m coins is today. What's worse is that most of your coins went towards leveling skills, necessary items (pots, etc), and repairing after hours of Zen-grinding.

3)x2 often? No, sorry. We get 2x a LOT more often these days than we EVER did back then.

4)Everything cheap and easy eh? Everything was a lot simpler back then, but it was nowhere near "cheap and easy".

And the Dragoon glitch... yeah, that one was a bit of a problem back in the day, but it was fixed long before RA came out... so blaming the Goon glitch for players being 105x3 is just silly.

I bet if you had played this game back when there were no BH quests and you had to grind for part (or all) of your level from lvl40+, you wouldn't be here whining that us 'older' players had it so easy.

EDIT: Oh, and hypers? Weren't in the game.
    ^^True

Do what we long termers are doing dude, wait and see what the expansion brings, get used to the game so you will be ready to roll a moon fairy with everyone else b:chuckle

EDIT - I'm hoping the expansion brings some xp relief for 80+.........

EDIT - in answer to your question, getting in with a good faction will help, as regards getting BH and culti done, but how to get good coin as a new player?....that's a tough one - best troll the forums about making money - there are ways to get some change to get by.
    You obviously skimmed over the part of my post where I stated that the update brings some major changes to the quest rewards in the upper level quests.

For most of your response to my post....
    If you don't want to play the game, why are you here?
    You build resources playing, (though it would help if greed hadn't totally f***ed the economy), and you rely of friends and faction when you need assistance. The way you state it, it's like you're expected to play a MMO in solo mode.

The biggest issue here is that everyone want's to level, or have a plethora of alts, without actually doing any work for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    But, should i do all the quests again? On my 9 others classes ? This is why we should be able to use hyper in FC, its so logic. Who would like to do all those 500+ quests 10 times on 10 differents classes? b:shocked.

What kind of arguement is this, really ? Never done any daily quest to get some xp ? Talking about doing the same quest ten times while I did the same dailies thousand times xD

That being said I'm not against FC. I don't think you know your class better by doing quests (anyway to really master your class you need primal and morai skills). What can help is doing a lot of different instances (fc/bh) with people of your level but well... if you have someone to rush them this is not different than power leveling in FC anyway.
    Still, your main arguement is a joke ;).
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I would have highlighted the "MMO" part. Seems like soloing everything is the major point right now. b:chuckle

Soloing is better then have to deal with pricks ruining your quests/bh and dailies or waiting hours to find a full team to do one little thing.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Define 'play'. Please. I am so tired of your contradictory rhetoric. The word play means in this context (in red):"

Play
    plā/
    verb
    1.engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose.

synonyms: amuse oneself, entertain oneself, enjoy oneself, have fun;

2. take part in (a sport). PWI is not a sport, so this portion is irrelavent.

3.represent (a character) in a theatrical performance or on film.

4.perform on (a musical instrument).

5.move lightly and quickly, so as to appear and disappear; flicker.

noun
    noun: play
    activity engaged in for enjoyment and recreation, especially by children.

This is the OBJECTIVE definition of the word play. So no matter what you say this definition stands. Let's continue.
    You obviously skimmed over the part of my post where I stated that the update brings some major changes to the quest rewards in the upper level quests.

The update isn't here yet. When it gets here, then you would have a point. We don't even know WHEN it will get here. ALso just because a person comments on a thread doesn't mean they read all of it. *facepalm*

If you don't want to play the game, why are you here?

This person said they want to play the game, in a different manner. SO you are wrong. He stated that he would like a faster way to level, how is that not playing? You are just asserting silly things, that anyone can do.

You build resources playing, (though it would help if greed hadn't totally f***ed the economy), and you rely of friends and faction when you need assistance. The way you state it, it's like you're expected to play a MMO in solo mode.

You are throwing BS out right about now. MMO's are designed to be played by anyone, and HOW they want to play, not how you want to play. I haven't relied on anyone , friends, factions members, or my wife for what I have in this game. ANd I'm full r9rr+10 with several toons 100+ and coin in my bag to buy what I like. I play an MMO by my own devices, on my own time, without relying on people. By the time most squads are filling up, I'm already soloing the BH boss. I do it because that's how I want to play. Now you gonna tell me I'm wrong for standing on my own two feet? Get real bro. Depending on others can be a crutch.

I know how to play in a squad, but I like going it alone. Because that's how i roll. I'm one of those people that can PM a "No sins" squad, and get an invite. You know why? Because I play to get better without relying on people. That way in squads im not a liability and I pull my own weight, hell more than my own weight. Can you say the same?

The biggest issue here is that everyone want's to level, or have a plethora of alts, without actually doing any work for them.

Wrong again. The word 'work' is ambiguous, and can mean a plethora of things. You present a false dichotomy by stating that leveling is the only 'work', when we both know that is a lie. So you are either purposefully decietful, or didn't think that through, either way, you are wrong.

Leveling alts for varying reasons fits the definition of 'play', so by your own logic, you should have no problem. You effectively invalidated your own post.

GG.
    edited October 2014
    As I already mentioned but you are way to dense to comprehend it It's much more than my opinion at this point. It's the way the devs and PWE changed the game to be. LOL! What more is there other than QQ from people like the OP and you. The changes are having the desired effects which is to force players back out into the open map to level their characters the way the game was originally designed to allow them to do.

You can sit there and trash talk my opinions until hell freezes over but it will change nothing at the end of the day. I'm just agreeing with the decision from the devs and PWE to remove hypers in FC. In other words I support the current status quo. It's people like you the the OP who have some mental issues with it, not me.

Get over it and move on already. Damn.
    I have no problem with your opinion. Its your delivery and condescension of others I have a problem with. Why do you think this was said in another topic :
    It might save this long reply if you would just call the OP a lazy shiftless b@stard right off and get it over with.

This comment was not unfounded, because this is how you come off. Anyone who doesn't agree with you or play as you say they should is lazy, stupid, QQer, herpderping, and so on.
    Yes, you agree with the status quo and thats fine for you. So because some people don't they are lazy, QQing people with mental issues? Simply because they don't agree with you?
    Even when someone makes a compromising statement looking for a middle ground on the subject or even suggests one, you feel the need to slam them and call them something.
    Yes, the devs share the same opinion that FC was out of control and removed the hypers. That does not mean they agree with you that forced grind and the current exp model is the best method. They have stated to adding more exp and more ways to obtain exp in the upcoming expansion which will speed up leveling, thus catering to both sides of the argument, allowing people to level faster, but without being locked in a single instance - which would indicate they do not agree with your forced grinding or nothing attitude. I don't know if that's right, but it seems to be indicative of it.
    But please continue voicing your own subjective opinion and guesses as absolute fact.

I do however, think its funny you tell anyone that's disagreeing with to shut-up and move on......when you insist on keeping these topics alive to dispense your condescension.
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I kind of agreed but also did not on this thread, yes doing quests all over again on alt's is a bit too much, now why? Example i have 6 lvl 100+ 2nd RB chars and some other alts that are not rb and not lvl 100 and i like playing them. However i don't want to skip main things on my lvl 100's like getting 2x blood from dailies or doing bh's and morai for all the skills. And after that bother with some quests that i already done. I wouldn't mind doing them if pwi wouldn't make it hard doing them because there's alot of quests where ''pick at one place and fly across the map to do it at other place and fly back to turn in for 0.3% xp'' with quests it's really messy like in available quest log quests should show for what lvl range they are and so on. So to put it shortly can't bother repeating same quest line when have to take care of main or alts that are lvl100.
    So next up FC i say NO to that if it means bringing back to the way it was before because it's just breeding noob's who spend coin on buying the damn thing instead of gear, I have suggested on how it could be brought back WITHOUT actual powerleveling here >> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1711441 << plain simple, EXAMPLE actual range's 90-98 means only those can enter and no rebirth's, meaning if rebirths enter only other rebirths can enter and no non rebirth. That way people who haven't reached 100 yet like lvl 90's can have a fun fc run without some lvl 100 or rebirth doing whole run, and since none of soloing involved they get to learn class and hopefully learn from mistakes.
    P.S. Don't bother telling me how to live my life just because i have plenty of alt's and sit in pwi most of time, it's just how i like my life~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~