Options

Comments

• meranya
    meranya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    - crunch - what's not to love - crunch -
    There are quite a few things not to love, just saying. o_o
    "There are two things you cannot always reason with in this world - your own mind and the minds of other people. But you can try."
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle I think wizards should be QQing just as much as archers, this is the second time another class has come and made them look.. well, sad lol.

I'm in a dark corner in my basement making ice statues of the new class and repeatedly smashing them with stones or watching them melt slowly by my flames. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I'm in a dark corner in my basement making ice statues of the new class and repeatedly smashing them with stones or watching them melt slowly by my flames. o.o

Evil evil wizards... b:shocked
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

wtf? hahaha

I see you love the new classesb:laugh
  • Annoying - Lost City
    Annoying - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I got the main version not the test client.

I have the manual patch for 1625 - 1672, but I think my client version is 1663? It's the number at the bottom when I try to manual patch. Any way it gets to elementskill.dll and then I get this pop up. What does it mean?

http://imgur.com/vTIc0RG

Edit: okay so it says update package corrupted. I found a patch on the PWCN website for 1663-1677. Why is it corrupt? It downloaded completely. Anyone got any ideas?

Also my client doesn't bring up the news or anything like I can see on others screenshots. I just got the "navigation failed" error there. It also refuses to auto patch. I followed Asterelle's instructions here;

I had no problems signing up and don't use any proxies or anything.
    Make an account here http://passport.wanmei.com/register/email.jsp
    You need a "Chinese ID" but there are lots of sites that can give you a valid one if you google "Chinese ID".

You can download the client here: http://w2i.wanmei.com/download/down_client.htm
    But I recommend using the test server client instead since the test server gets patches 1 week in advance http://w2i.wanmei.com/download/down_try.htm
    If you want to connect to the test server look for "体验" in the server list.

Also if you are having trouble downloading a huge file from china use this
    http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

It downloaded completely; I ran a verification of the files prior to installing but it doesn't look the same as everyone else's, it wont auto patch (doesn't even try) and I don't get the news section. My patch file is corrupted (both of them) and I'm at a loss. Anyone know?

Edit: I have tried the startbypatcher thing but that doesn't work either

Double Edit: Trying the install through......well, what I guess is Wanmei's version of ARC (as the DL address for it was arcgames.cn). I'll see how that goes.
  • BrodeStar - Harshlands
    BrodeStar - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    maybe its because im a blonde or even half blind and didnt see it when is the new content coming to PWI???? and not in a test server
  • Annoying - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Options
    maybe its because im a blonde or even half blind and didnt see it when is the new content coming to PWI???? and not in a test server

We have no official release date for our version nor has our GMs even publicly acknowledged the expansion. So at this point, we don't know. We're expecting a December/January release though as per tradition
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I am already hurting inside we still have no love... the original pwi class....

-Pats-

I feel you bro
  • crazyelf
    crazyelf Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    so any new pets for venomancer to tame in this? Just Curious lol I like fooling around with pet's on my veno XD
    95c3b8f8430f338ab14e1c3847da21b71369940907_full.png
    I am A True Tsundere and I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:cute
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2 Shawty_Star
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2 Mako_Sato
    Demon Venomancer- 99 Crazy_Roxy
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Entire point of the item is that your skills won't drop back to level 10 when you swap cultis.

Edit: Dammit ninjas everywhere! That's what I get for multitasking! D:

How is this accomplished exactly? Do they give you the books or do the just switch the skill itself out. I can see this being a problem if they don't just give you the book if one of the reasons you switched was to get rid of a skill that you didn't like. Like if you decide the mergers aren't good or if you don't want LVL 11 A/S.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    We have no official release date for our version nor has our GMs even publicly acknowledged the expansion. So at this point, we don't know. We're expecting a December/January release though as per tradition

Correction: sparkie has acknowledged the expansion (as has been mentioned multiple times in this and other threads), and has suggested an estimated arrival time for us of around the beginning of next year.
    How is this accomplished exactly? Do they give you the books or do the just switch the skill itself out. I can see this being a problem if they don't just give you the book if one of the reasons you switched was to get rid of a skill that you didn't like. Like if you decide the mergers aren't good or if you don't want LVL 11 A/S.

In that case, you use the standard item to swap, and have everything go back to level 10.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited September 2014
    Options
    In that case, you use the standard item to swap, and have everything go back to level 10.

So the standard way will still be available? That's good! I was thinking it was replacing it completely for some reason. Never mind me then. Thanks.

• Annoying - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Correction: sparkie has acknowledged the expansion (as has been mentioned multiple times in this and other threads), and has suggested an estimated arrival time for us of around the beginning of next year.

When I say publicly acknowledged I refer to news posts on Arc; as per each expansion's formal announcement.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited September 2014
    Options
    When I say publicly acknowledged I refer to news posts on Arc; as per each expansion's formal announcement.

It's not been formally acknowledged because it will be months from now, typically we won't see things like Arc posts until 2-4 weeks before the expansion is released. The reason they've chosen to publicly acknowledge (although not formally introduce) the expansion much earlier is just so we know it is indeed an expansion and not a new game. It's been sometimes since wanmei called the f2p version by it's actual name which is Perfect World 2. The last time I personally recall them it calling it as such being the genesis expansion which was 2 years ago. So it actually came across to many as if it were the second iteration of the second game (or PW 3, technically) rather than as an expansion.

You can see Sparkie's exact words here but the question he was answering was to clear up the confusion about whether or not we would be receiving it. And if we were receiving it, then when. The only reason that the entire community called that in question is because of the confusion surrounding the above. We've actually received all the major expansions.
    The announcement made in China is essentially the expansion we should be getting sometime near the end of the year. (We'll get it, but it won't be ready until next year at the earliest)

Also, since people are going to hunt these sharks, we should change them to "people-eating-killer-sharknadoes!"

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    crazyelf wrote: »
    so any new pets for venomancer to tame in this? Just Curious lol I like fooling around with pet's on my veno XD

No new pets that we know of, there were not even rumors suggesting we'd get any, I don't know why this question keeps popping up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DiamontAngel - Harshlands
    DiamontAngel - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    stupid question ... when will .. the english version ... get a similar expansion? I've heard rummors about this december ...
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    stupid question ... when will .. the english version ... get a similar expansion? I've heard rummors about this december ...

Read Venus' post on this page (literally the 2nd post above yours) and view the 2nd quote that shows sparkiesoft's guessed estimate on PW2's release for our version.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

December 2014-January 2015.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • starplatinum90
    starplatinum90 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Is it true that bms get nerfed a bit with this new expansion? and is there any skills changes to any old class? ty
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    December 2014-January 2015.

Please don't put player-interpreted deadlines on these things or we will get a QQ-rainstorm in December about how there is no expansion yetb:surrender
    The one and only thing we know is the dev's get it in December, We the players won't get it untill early 2015, which might as well be February or March with some bad luck. December for the player's release is pretty sure out of the question though.
  • Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
    Maxxxson - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    What happened with all the information? :O

Didn't it get a full release on the 24th , so now we can check out all the stuff that might have been changed/adjusted or changed on high level toons of old classes,
    now that people dont play the test server anymore but the real one ?
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    What happened with all the information? :O

Didn't it get a full release on the 24th , so now we can check out all the stuff that might have been changed/adjusted or changed on high level toons of old classes,
    now that people dont play the test server anymore but the real one ?

+1000000000000000 to this

the so called test server people were only playing the new classes and only cared about them. What about the old classes, have the developers heard our QQs and going to balance the classes?
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    +1000000000000000 to this

the so called test server people were only playing the new classes and only cared about them. What about the old classes, have the developers heard our QQs and going to balance the classes?

There was nothing in the chinese patch notes about it, and Asterelle looked through the skill description updates and didn't see anything significant, so... no. Probably not.
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Someone should have already posted their level 1-59 skills video QQ
    It's been 4 days and I can't find any new videos about the new classes b:cry
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Something I noticed while looking at the data for the new R8rr gear.
    The armor seems it will have 4 random adds and the weapon 1 unique + 4 random adds. Thats one extra add than with R8r gear which would make it literally an order of magnitude easier to get multiple -int stats on the gear.

I'd like to confirm this with a screenshot of some made gear though.

Now if only I could get 2 pieces of 4x -.05 int gear + 4x -.05 int bow. Is that enough for 5.0 Bow with the -.1 set bonus and a -.05x3 OHT wrist?
    EDIT: Nevermind.. just 2.86. Still -.2 away from a theoretical 5.0 bow build yet.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Something I noticed while looking at the data for the new R8rr gear.
    The armor seems it will have 4 random adds and the weapon 1 unique + 4 random adds. Thats one extra add than with R8r gear which would make it literally an order of magnitude easier to get multiple -int stats on the gear.

I'd like to confirm this with a screenshot of some made gear though.

Now if only I could get 2 pieces of 4x -.05 int gear + 4x -.05 int bow. Is that enough for 5.0 Bow with the -.1 set bonus and a -.05x3 OHT wrist?
    EDIT: Nevermind.. just 2.86. Still -.2 away from a theoretical 5.0 bow build yet.

That just might make up for all the Attack Nerfs for archers b:laugh 2.86 aps bows for everyoneb:victory
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Forgive me if this has already been asked but I really didn't want to read through 42 pages.

So there isn't an engine upgrade? I was really hoping for DX11 and multi-core utilisation as this engine does not utilise hardware released from 2008 onwards. It pains me to be on 20 FPS in FSP with only 20% GPU usage.....
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Forgive me if this has already been asked but I really didn't want to read through 42 pages.

So there isn't an engine upgrade? I was really hoping for DX11 and multi-core utilisation as this engine does not utilise hardware released from 2008 onwards. It pains me to be on 20 FPS in FSP with only 20% GPU usage.....

Unfortunately, no.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The Japanese blog has been updated with screenshots of the available skills for both new classes, not sure if there's any change, but I thought I should post the link here http://rustrust.blog.fc2.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Unfortunately, no.
    They only hyped it at early announcement then. A lot were mentioned such as arcade like combat, new graphic engine (shadowland3 / angelica3), etc, that made us really think it was a brand new title instead of an expansion. Minus all that, this expansion is just like tideborn/earthguard update, the only thing I like about this expansion is R8RR/WS upgrade, new race is just a new chore to add to our daily lives.

===

about R8RR , what is the chienkun rate for keeping shards/refines , is it like r9rr or less
This discussion has been closed.