Sep. 24, pw2 will be released in CN (official news), updating

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I disagree with calling this anti-archer purely because of the nonsense that was two equal level sins in shadow escape being unable to ever see each other while everyone else could pop a detect pot to see them. Which made zero sense whatsoever considering sins got the whole passive detect/stealth level thing going on and so on. If it weren't for that oversight (seriously took them long enough to do something about that) then I'd probably agree with you. They've been crapping on archers enough as is anyways that I don't think we need to give them extra credit towards how much they seem to hate the class.
    It is anti-archer because mirror matchups are inherently balanced. That is true before and after the pot. The only class matchup of the 66 possible class matchups that would be changed by this would be sin-archer and it gives sin an extra advantage.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just noticed...the new classes don't seem to show a skill or weapon or element mastery...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014

It is anti-archer because mirror matchups are inherently balanced. That is true before and after the pot. The only class matchup of the 66 possible class matchups that would be changed by this would be sin-archer and it gives sin an extra advantage.

It still made little sense for assassins of equal level to suddenly be unable to see each other upon learning level 11 shadow escape specifically as every other form of stealth at every other level allowed two same level assassins to be able to detect and neutralize each other.

I don't disagree that this gives assassins yet another advantage against archers, mind you. That much is obvious to everyone (well, except the noobs who'd QQ in PvP ponderings about archers supposedly being better in stealth than sins and how the archers can see the sins with the pot but not the other way around and all that BS they used to justify themselves). It's just that I feel this one was less anti-archer and more them trying to correct an obvious oversight.

Though they could have just... ya know... reduced level 11 shadow escape to be 10 stealth levels like level 11 shadow walk and that would have solved the problem just as well without changing any other matchups as non-sins would still need to use detect pots to see them. But meh. China hates archers so of course they'd pick an option that screws archers over even when it's supposed to fix a stupid problem archers weren't the cause of.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That clicking on the URL int he chat thingy is a huge mistake if that is truly implemented. It would be a hacker's dream come true. Not to mention disgusting p*** sight spam in chat. I rather see them allow copy-paste into chat though.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    That clicking on the URL int he chat thingy is a huge mistake if that is truly implemented. It would be a hacker's dream come true. Not to mention disgusting p*** sight spam in chat. I rather see them allow copy-paste into chat though.

... Wellp scammers just got things so much easier when it comes to having gullible people click links they shouldn't. At least before laziness was a barrier they had to overcome. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    It might just be for system messages. The notes weren't clear.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    =====09/16 update========
    see Asterelle reply at #387 (ty translation)

new expansion released at 09/17 at pwcn test server

I didn't see any new than we know, but sin can use dective pot

also, demon and sage can transform and keep skill ( need BQ item)

I will keep my eye on pwcn forum, see what happen on the new expansion.

we will know info from their test server feedback.
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    ... Wellp scammers just got things so much easier when it comes to having gullible people click links they shouldn't. At least before laziness was a barrier they had to overcome. b:surrender
    I have waited for this to be implemented for a long time.
    Its very convenient. In this day and age, people should be informed enough to know better than to click every random link in a game, facebook, chat IM, email or wherever.
    The only thing the game would need would be a "confirm to leave the game to go to this site" pop up when you do, because misclicks can happen in a scrolling chat.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have waited for this to be implemented for a long time.
    Its very convenient. In this day and age, people should be informed enough to know better than to click every random link in a game, facebook, chat IM, email or wherever.
    The only thing the game would need would be a "confirm to leave the game to go to this site" pop up when you do, because misclicks can happen in a scrolling chat.

Unfortunately, "should be" and "are" are two completely different things, as evidenced by the recent bout of phishing across multiple servers.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Equipment Upgrades
    R8r, Morai gear, and Warsoul weapons can be upgraded

I hope you can see forges somewhere when you can join the test server. I'm wondering what the stats are for the gear, and more specifically, if this is really a third cast for Warsoul (and not another way to obtain first/second cast) :o
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited September 2014
    It says you keep the level 11 skills...does this mean if I'm sage and I convert to demon that I keep my sage skills or that I get my skills converted to demon automagically?
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It says you keep the level 11 skills...does this mean if I'm sage and I convert to demon that I keep my sage skills or that I get my skills converted to demon automagically?

yes, but we don't know how much BQ item cost, that is the key.

b:surrender
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    are the gfx being updated?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Underwater mounts? That's going to be funny.

Advanced Cultivation change? That's quite useful for those interested in switching, certainly makes life easier. The cost/time spent to get your skills back to lvl11 is probably worth the slightly higher cost the new item will have.
    I assume at least.

I'm also glad to hear lvl80+ quests getting updated. It was about time.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited September 2014
    attackerv wrote: »
    yes, but we don't know how much BQ item cost, that is the key.

b:surrender

That's not really an answer, which is it? xD
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so wait now sins can stealth and move and pop other sins\archers

ahahha seriously they buffed sins? fvcking *******
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so wait now sins can stealth and move and pop other sins\archers

ahahha seriously they buffed sins? fvcking *******

Uh, what exactly is so bad about this? Sins could always move in stealth and they only couldn't see equal leveled archers/sins in stealth...
    For TW/NW that's only a good thing for both sides...
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just noticed...the new classes don't seem to show a skill or weapon or element mastery...

They do. Moon Fairy has passive skills to increase water and metal damage and to reduce close combat attacks. Dark Shadow has passive skills to increase "hazy knife" damage and to reduce long ranged attacks.

And they should have horns Q.Q
    I feel like cheated...
    Horns and halo - must be a new sage/demon identifier... b:chuckle

That said, if they bring out a new race I kinda hope they'll either do a close range melee with a focus on fist or polearm weapons, and a mainly fire-based caster class.

Did you even read the thread? b:chuckle

The LA class will wield a "hazy knife". The AA class will wield water and metal elements.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adding cooldown resets, power combos,

Both of these have been in since EG. Check Sage Rapid Growth and then consider how seekers/mystics work in pvp in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Uh, what exactly is so bad about this? Sins could always move in stealth and they only couldn't see equal leveled archers/sins in stealth...
    For TW/NW that's only a good thing for both sides...

really how can't you see the advantage of a sin being able to pop\surprise attack other stealthed threats?

its like when back in time 105 sins could easily faceroll 104 and less leveled ones, the very same thing

it also removes 1 more escape from archers to kite assassins, and currently sins already eat archers alive

it's just wrong lol
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited September 2014
    really how can't you see the advantage of a sin being able to pop\surprise attack other stealthed threats?

its like when back in time 105 sins could easily faceroll 104 and less leveled ones, the very same thing

it also removes 1 more escape from archers to kite assassins, and currently sins already eat archers alive

it's just wrong lol

People here tend to forget who create this game and who their target is. We are not, they are not going to listen to the QQ that comes from this area.

Really, you can't see how it can equalize in mass pvp so that a 105 sin can pop a pot to see others so your own team can use more useful apo themselves?

Oh wait, i forgot pvp is about being a selfcentered ego with no teamplay ability at all, my bad.
    Soon™
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Really, you can't see how it can equalize in mass pvp so that a 105 sin can pop a pot to see others so your own team can use more useful apo themselves?

ITT: Dem thinks detection pots use your apoth cooldown.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    People here tend to forget who create this game and who their target is. We are not, they are not going to listen to the QQ that comes from this area.

Oh wait, i forgot pvp is about being a selfcentered ego with no teamplay ability at all, my bad.

detection pots dont consume your apothecary slot... xD man... "equalize" the mass pvp buffing sins? yea assassins deftly needed to get buffed up :)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited September 2014
    ITT: Dem thinks detection pots use your apoth cooldown.

Maybe it's because I don't use apo nor combat charms because it's for casuals anyway. And the last time I checked it had a shared cooldown with something at least.

Regardless, I fail to see how this is any major change. Do archer's rely THAT much on stealth nowadays as well? I hardly ever saw them use it when I was still playing actively.

And @hot;
    Buffed? Sins can finally use the pot everyone, including stealth archers, can use and it's being buffed? Ok.

It's only fair regarding the circumstances that end game sins will never be able to see each other, and why should they not be able to see each other, please explain me that.
    So they can stalemate indefinitely?

How does this impact a large portion of the game anyway. PvP is dead according to a lot of threads and TW's are facerolls.
    Wait, don't tell me you guys actually expected any update to bring any balance at all into PWI did you?
    Oh boy... back to point 1:
    The updates we get are updates created with their playerbase in mind, not ours.
    Soon™
  • nyashka1987
    nyashka1987 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    New classes` models (screenshots from character creation window)
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Maybe it's because I don't use apo nor combat charms because it's for casuals anyway. And the last time I checked it had a shared cooldown with something at least.

Regardless, I fail to see how this is any major change. Do archer's rely THAT much on stealth nowadays as well? I hardly ever saw them use it when I was still playing actively.

And @hot;
    Buffed? Sins can finally use the pot everyone, including stealth archers, can use and it's being buffed? Ok.

It's only fair regarding the circumstances that end game sins will never be able to see each other, and why should they not be able to see each other, please explain me that.
    So they can stalemate indefinitely?

How does this impact a large portion of the game anyway. PvP is dead according to a lot of threads and TW's are facerolls.
    Wait, don't tell me you guys actually expected any update to bring any balance at all into PWI did you?
    Oh boy... back to point 1:
    The updates we get are updates created with their playerbase in mind, not ours.

yea i had hopes for them to restore balance,

at this point the only way to bring some balance would be for PWE to open S card sets to everyone
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    New classes` models (screenshots from character creation window)
    Ahh didn't realize they'd be able to use earthguard and tideborn hair.
    It's kinda dumb their racial 'feature' is colored streaks in their hair. Horns or halo or glowing eyes or something would have been easy.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Ninn - Morai
    Ninn - Morai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well im feeling a bit disapointed about the visual of new race b:sweat it just looks like Human/EarthGuard .... i was hoping something diferent that could give them a nice and characteristic look ... but then again ... maybe is specting too much from pwi? just hope this new expansion dont bring millions of bugs ... oh wait ... im specting too much again b:sad
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I want horns! >:[

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Ahh didn't realize they'd be able to use earthguard and tideborn hair.
    It's kinda dumb their racial 'feature' is colored streaks in their hair. Horns or halo or glowing eyes or something would have been easy.

I can't believe that they have no horns QQ
    And really? Emo highlights as a racial feature... We didn't see horns in action... maybe it didn't work? but why do they add this to the artwork QQ
    Well, at least we will have our horns in our "demonic" form (i guess so?)