Clerics. What pisses you guys off or annoys you when your in a squad?

Options

Comments

• Healer_Star_ - Archosaur
    Healer_Star_ - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This one doesn't really **** me off, but it does annoy me:

People world chatting for a Full Warsong Squad.

Fire is taken. They're looking for soloers for other pavilions.

I pm them saying that I'm a cleric, and that I can do Fire, Metal, Earth, or Wood.

I get rejected for being a cleric.

Then they spend another 15-20 mins World Chatting for soloers of the other pavilions.

(Had this happen quite a few times....)

i hate this too. i was soloing wood pavi for a squad and they had no faith a cleric could do it :/
    QQ to me ......so i can punch you in the face :D b:cute

YOU CAN LIVE WITH OUT FC SO STOP ASKING FOR IT BACK b:surrender

I <3 NYJ b:dirty
    edited August 2014
    Options
    tayswirox wrote: »
    FSP squad... at second boss... a seeker tells me to BB. I told them I don't need it. (I never put up BB when the instance first came out, and most of the squads I'm in don't need it. They just need ironheart/purifies/squad heals, and most days the squad gets through with no problems. I've never had any complaints before.)

This squad I was in doesn't need BB either - I'm healing everyone/purifying debuffs/debuffing the boss just fine, and barely anyone is losing hp... except for the few people who get one hit by the circles (the seeker was one of them). The barb gets mad at me, throwing my statement about BB not being needed back at me. The seeker tries to tell me BB is best because they can just stand there and don't have to move, choosing to vort the boss instead. It got to me that they were getting mad and frustrated about my playstyle.

I've always hated putting up BB at this boss. I feel like there's more I can do than just sitting there in BB, and I don't think it's necessary in most situations (especially when everyone else in the squad was alive and doing fine with my heals... it was just 2 people). Instead, if I don't BB, I can help dd a little and debuff the boss (which I prefer), making it go down faster... b:surrender

BB isnt needed for that boss. however i bb bc im lazy xD tbh its not your fault they cant handle the attacks.

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    tayswirox wrote: »
    FSP squad... at second boss... a seeker tells me to BB. I told them I don't need it. (I never put up BB when the instance first came out, and most of the squads I'm in don't need it. They just need ironheart/purifies/squad heals, and most days the squad gets through with no problems. I've never had any complaints before.)

This squad I was in doesn't need BB either - I'm healing everyone/purifying debuffs/debuffing the boss just fine, and barely anyone is losing hp... except for the few people who get one hit by the circles (the seeker was one of them). The barb gets mad at me, throwing my statement about BB not being needed back at me. The seeker tries to tell me BB is best because they can just stand there and don't have to move, choosing to vort the boss instead. It got to me that they were getting mad and frustrated about my playstyle.

I've always hated putting up BB at this boss. I feel like there's more I can do than just sitting there in BB, and I don't think it's necessary in most situations (especially when everyone else in the squad was alive and doing fine with my heals... it was just 2 people). Instead, if I don't BB, I can help dd a little and debuff the boss (which I prefer), making it go down faster... b:surrender

You can blame the bad clerics for that one, some stupid clerics doesn't understand the power of debuff and will just IH the tank and let others die cause they can't multi task. 95% of the clerics are terrible at playing their class (from my experience) and can't keep a squad alive without BB, so the other classes panic if they don't see a BB.

There's people that have done FSP and even UCH without cleric, so if that can be done without cleric, BB isn't needed, just need a healer with a brain and skills.

About the warsong thing the only thing I could see is maybe the squad already had a cleric and didn't wanted 2 clerics, cause sometime more you have cleric, more you get squad wipe (mainly when both clerics doesn't communicate and they both DD assuming the other gonna heal).

A warsong squad with 2 clerics can do warsong for sure, it's maybe just not a set up the squad wanted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

There's people that have done FSP and even UCH without cleric, so if that can be done without cleric, BB isn't needed, just need a healer with a brain and skills.

I find UCH easier to do clericless than FSP. I personally end up tanking most bosses on my archer when I do UCH and crabs + sparks keep me from charm ticking mostly, sure there will always be couple but meh.

Biggest problem with clericless FSP I see is Toad and puri and need for barb to tank it. Results in only so much DPS you dare to dish out, need for decent chi regen for sparks, though I usually do intentionally get myself 2nd on aggro table so I get axed for debuff. Archers ability to purify with double sparks and awaken allows me to do it for quite a few rounds w/o needing puri if it comes down to it. So Toad imo is pain w/o cleric, though Ive been in squad who didi it with mystic, due strain on chi regen if you dont have high tier barb to hold aggro so DDs can go all out and drop the boss before chi regen really becomes a problem.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I find UCH easier to do clericless than FSP. I personally end up tanking most bosses on my archer when I do UCH and crabs + sparks keep me from charm ticking mostly, sure there will always be couple but meh.

Biggest problem with clericless FSP I see is Toad and puri and need for barb to tank it. Results in only so much DPS you dare to dish out, need for decent chi regen for sparks, though I usually do intentionally get myself 2nd on aggro table so I get axed for debuff. Archers ability to purify with double sparks and awaken allows me to do it for quite a few rounds w/o needing puri if it comes down to it. So Toad imo is pain w/o cleric, though Ive been in squad who didi it with mystic, due strain on chi regen if you dont have high tier barb to hold aggro so DDs can go all out and drop the boss before chi regen really becomes a problem.

Mystics and sage Psychic can purify. (sage Mystic more then demon)
    but my point was more BB isn't needed if the cleric know what he's doing,which is not the case of a lot of clerics. (or at least not on my server)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • tayswirox
    tayswirox Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    You can blame the bad clerics for that one, some stupid clerics doesn't understand the power of debuff and will just IH the tank and let others die cause they can't multi task. 95% of the clerics are terrible at playing their class (from my experience) and can't keep a squad alive without BB, so the other classes panic if they don't see a BB.

Yeah I was in a FSP squad yesterday where the squad started the second boss before I got there, squad wasn't that great and aggro kept on switching between many people, so everyone was moving... The boss ended up resetting, I have no idea how, and the archer yelled at me to put up bb. Not everyone was there yet, so we waited until we were all grouped up and then I buffed and the archer yelled at me to BB again... He was kicked from squad. b:laugh

I think too because people are so used to seeing BB being put up there, they think it's the only way possible to kill the boss. Which is far from true, obviously. I eventually did put up bb because a squishy sin died from the circles and asked nicely for me to put it up. They still ended up dying from the debuff. Sigh.
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Idm if clerics feel like bbing everywhere as long as it makes sense. I personal bb often just as a im needed and then some when im really lazy

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I got kicked out once for not putting BB up there, and nobody died during the boss.

As for the damage reduction... for circles it's nice, sure, but as a barbarian I consider the water dor far greater threat.

If BB is up, the water DoT should be cancelled out by the healing from the BB (provided you've got a half decent weapon - my own cler has a G15+4 wand and doesn't have any problems healing there). The danger is adding the ice thrusts on top of that... that can kill even well-geared people. Easiest solution is to simply spark to clear the DoT if it hits and there isn't a cler (/myst/sage psy) available to clear it.

In my experience the water DoT's biggest threat is when Azoth dies, and a cler drops BB right after that without checking if anyone has that debuff, or keeps BB and folks with the debuff rush to the statue, then die on the way and go "omg wtf puri!". Not always a cler's fault if folk rush away from the cler before they're puri'd - but usually it is.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • XMickie - Sanctuary
    XMickie - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Was in EU once with 3 clerics including myself. That being said I'm r9rr and was in VD starting from 2nd boss seeing that one of them got healing handled. Now at the bird boss, the healer cleric (with 7k hp) put up BB, me in VD and the remaining cleric (5k hp) just DDing. Then the fire from bird spawns and the DDing cleric died cause BB usually doesn't heal as much as group for fire. Now this seeker and sin (hubs and wife) started yelling at me for not doing my job. Because somehow I was suppose to keep her alive while she wasn't even trying to heal herself. Which eventually gets to the point that they started calling me names and I just left squad once it was done.

It was funny also how they hated me basically in the very beginning. I politely ask the seeker (runner) to not kill my mobs because I wanted to get the double dmg buff (I was in delta which needs 35mobs and long spawn time). Which she kills all of my delta mobs when she got here THEN say "I needed to get them off cleric". First of all, cleric DIDN'T agro ANY of the mobs, all you need to do is pull them and I will kill them. (which is what I said to her) And then her hubs start saying how "you can't get agro from mobs without killing them" followed by his wife saying "then kill your mobs since you can't stop buzzing about it" when she already killed all of them, with only the non delta mobs left. I didn't even want to argue with them at that point, cause they just sound so dumb, I have no combat for their ignorance.

As for FSP, if there's 2 clerics and the other one automatically assumes I will heal, I just let them, I will heal, w.e it's all good.

However I CAN'T stand it when someone taking their alt cleric into FSP and does absolutely nothing but stand there. I mean I will heal for the first few bosses, its fine. But when we get to the 5 bosses, I asked them if they can put up BB since they are just standing around and so I can help DD. They simply just ignored me to the point that I have no choice but put up BB cause the bosses are already coming down the stairs. This also applies to every person that takes an alt into FSP and just stand there. Put on auto attack or bot or something, do something. It's not that difficult.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Silvychar. Her super pro siggys <3. b:pleased
  • Welfare - Sanctuary
    Welfare - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Idm if clerics feel like bbing everywhere as long as it makes sense. I personal bb often just as a im needed and then some when im really lazy

As long as you have a good reason to BB, I think people don't usually mind it.
  • XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear
    XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Person: LFM [insert instance here]
    Me: Cleric
    Person: Sorry no more clerics/we already have two etc etc
    Person: LFM [insert instance here] need dds
    Me:...
    People who think clerics cant be dds=people who dont understand how this game works b:angry I shudder to think of all the clerics with primal cyclone who've been turned down for squads because 'no more clerics' b:surrender

"No heals though?"/"Are you healing?" when someone gets killed so fast that either a) you barely even have time to react to their health dropping or b) not even the multiple IHs that you visibly casted on them could save their life
    "**** aggro" when someone walks right up to a boss, starts hitting it and gets one shotted b:shocked
    "Omg no heals??" when you're slept/stunned/bubbled, and no other class with healing skills bothers to help out
    When there's one or more clerics in the party and they just VD the whole time when having another person healing would really help out. I've even had some clerics put up BB instead of rezzing and rebuffing people and wonder why everything fell apart b:sweat
    Heaven's Tear - BigHearts Leader
    SoshiLove - 102/101/101 Celestial Sage Cleric (Pure Mag)
    xSicaChux - 101/101/9x Sage Veno (Full Vit)
    AngelSinx - 101 Sage Sin (Mostly Pure Dex)
    b:cute
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It's unbelievable how people treat clerics sometimes, as my example shows below.

The other day I was doing BH 79 on my psychic alt, my wife had her level 93 cleric with us. Rest of the squad consisted of level 100 non-rb r8 psy, non-rb 97 sin and 91 sin and lasrtly non-rb 9x seeker. Me and my wife were non-rb as well.

We didn't need Styg, so we skipped him. Run goes smoothly until we reached the exploding hands, and we started making our way more carefully through them. However, our level 100 psy had lag issues and he kept dying at hands - many, many times. My wife had to stay behind to revive and rebuff the dying psychic while the rest of us cleared forward.

Finally my wife and the psychic catched up with the rest of us, then seeker rushes forward poison stacked on him towards several more poisoning mobs and dies. We point out that running forward without waiting to get healed or even purified cost his life.

Sin apparently gets pissed, and starts saying how the cleric did nothing but talk the entire run and the rest of us did everything. Really? Should my wife have left the lagging psychic without a revive?
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • dakwa1
    dakwa1 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I hate it, and this may have been said before, but I did not read them all. But I hate it when some bozo starts pulling arro, then runs back by the cleric, and they catch the aggro from the bozo. I have a cleric, and don't play that toon much anymore, but I hated when this one upper level bozo did that not once, but five times in an instance. I got to the point I stayed close to the tank and the other player, and let that guy suffeer his own.. The thing was the instance he was supposed to be helping us in, he was high enough that he could take the damage. Clerics are soft targets, so why pull aggro onto them? b:angry
    I may not be the best player in the world, but at least I learn my Toon, and how to play them. b:laugh
  • Thilina - Archosaur
    Thilina - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    "No more sins" for FSP when they have 1 sin..b:chuckle
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    dakwa1 wrote: »
    I hate it, and this may have been said before, but I did not read them all. But I hate it when some bozo starts pulling arro, then runs back by the cleric, and they catch the aggro from the bozo. I have a cleric, and don't play that toon much anymore, but I hated when this one upper level bozo did that not once, but five times in an instance. I got to the point I stayed close to the tank and the other player, and let that guy suffeer his own.. The thing was the instance he was supposed to be helping us in, he was high enough that he could take the damage. Clerics are soft targets, so why pull aggro onto them? b:angry

And this is the reason why I have absolute domain, and tree of protection on my genie. Often people don't grab aggro before coming into BB. This was especially true for me, during my 80's-90's when I ran FC a lot. Some people would try to bring the mobs to BB in an effort to kill me, and then start heads without me. (Provided my rez scroll was on cooldown.) They felt that this way, they could get more experience on heads, as I'm not in range of the mobs.

Just on pulls in general, I'm usually ready to crab meat, ToP, or AD, because not everyone grabs aggro. Was truly shocked to see BM's that AOE stun the mobs before I could be hit. It happens so rarely, I forgot that BM's have that skill....
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Delsedora - Archosaur
    Delsedora - Archosaur Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    "No heals though?"/"Are you healing?" when someone gets killed so fast that either a) you barely even have time to react to their health dropping or b) not even the multiple IHs that you visibly casted on them could save their life

"Omg no heals??" when you're slept/stunned/bubbled, and no other class with healing skills bothers to help out

Hate when that happend, so everytime I heal I use IH+WS if its taking a lot of dmg or just SOR and the WS for quick heal + stack

That just suck, i know that feel xDDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sin apparently gets pissed, and starts saying how the cleric did nothing but talk the entire run and the rest of us did everything. Really? Should my wife have left the lagging psychic without a revive?

This has happened to me sooo bloody often as well. Sins, seekers, barb and BMs that use their speed skills to rush forward, end up biting of WAY more then they can chew (or more funnily, get their BP purged off and then run themselves into the ground with a GOF/APS combi) and then shout at the healers for not healing. Since the arcane classes tend to rely on cleric/mystic healing more then melee thanks to that trice damned bloodpaint clerics usually stay with the ranged DDs in the back of the party. If the vanguard moves forward at twice the speed... yea, you're gonna end up with a split party and a frontline without heals.

"Yep, still trying to catch up with my 5m/s, tyvm... will res you once I'm there."

• dakwa1
    dakwa1 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    And this is the reason why I have absolute domain, and tree of protection on my genie. Often people don't grab aggro before coming into BB. This was especially true for me, during my 80's-90's when I ran FC a lot. Some people would try to bring the mobs to BB in an effort to kill me, and then start heads without me. (Provided my rez scroll was on cooldown.) They felt that this way, they could get more experience on heads, as I'm not in range of the mobs.

Just on pulls in general, I'm usually ready to crab meat, ToP, or AD, because not everyone grabs aggro. Was truly shocked to see BM's that AOE stun the mobs before I could be hit. It happens so rarely, I forgot that BM's have that skill....

Yeah it is nice though when people realize what is going on, and dump the person pulling the aggro. In this case, he never finished his quest until some others helped him. The ones I was with , we left him in the instance. Funny thing now, he is a much better player... LOL
    I may not be the best player in the world, but at least I learn my Toon, and how to play them. b:laugh
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Well, for squishies that kept stealing agro and dies even in BB or IH stack, the only thing I can do is cast expell on that squishies if he's taking physical damage, and hopefully the seal will give main tank enough time to retake agro b:surrender.

Also, this ust happen to me yesterday in FSP, at Blossom boss.
    I was the only cleric and healer with no sin in squad. Boss put me into sleep then aoe the squad, as sleep wears off, few people remain and the rest got ported back to beginning. b:cry
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Well, for squishies that kept stealing agro and dies even in BB or IH stack, the only thing I can do is cast expell on that squishies if he's taking physical damage, and hopefully the seal will give main tank enough time to retake agro b:surrender.

Also, this ust happen to me yesterday in FSP, at Blossom boss.
    I was the only cleric and healer with no sin in squad. Boss put me into sleep then aoe the squad, as sleep wears off, few people remain and the rest got ported back to beginning. b:cry

Reminds me of solo healing on water pav in warsong.

Especially when the squad isn't so well geared that we can just blaze through without any issues and the boss bubbles me... then proceeds to murder everyone else while keeping me in the bubble because it's an assh-- incredibly smart and tactical opponent.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • grimmdarkstrider
    grimmdarkstrider Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    ohhhhh my....

~probably the most annoying thing to me is when the tank pulls a bos (or several like in bh79) AND mobs but doesnt hold aggro long enough then blames the cleric for not healing....

~or possibly what others have said... the constant 'Res!" nagging when they're surrounded by mobs >.<

~or ppl begging for buffs when your MP is empty and you can't pot fast enough...

lol there are so many...but still... I love being a cleric! b:victory
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    When I was playing a few years ago it was when other would leave me behind to get one shotted by an archer of some kind.Then there is running out of mana as well as pots.

I still want to get to sage or demon 12 more levels seesms like life time.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear
    XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    'Y u no BB at Pole and Nob?!' actual thing that a squad (composed of a few people in game that I'm actually quite friendly with) I was helping out in BH69 said to me. And I was the sole cleric. Also one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

'BB is the best!' 'For our survival!' b:scorn

When I informed them about the DEBUFFS and Nob interrupting BB I got 'he doesnt interrupt my barrage'...guess what happened b:laugh

I mean, hey, they wanna have BB be interrupted by Nob with amp, and get debuffed to 0 def by Pole with me unable to purify...b:chuckle

Seriously, I'm not the sort of person to toot my own horn a lot, but I'm RA, have played the game for years, and have healed at these bosses countless numbers of times, I think I know what to do kthx b:bye

Then again, a lot of clerics dont know how to keep a squad alive w/o BB, so no BB means everyone panics =/ I still dont wanna hear **** like this ever though >.>
    Heaven's Tear - BigHearts Leader
    SoshiLove - 102/101/101 Celestial Sage Cleric (Pure Mag)
    xSicaChux - 101/101/9x Sage Veno (Full Vit)
    AngelSinx - 101 Sage Sin (Mostly Pure Dex)
    b:cute
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    When clerics tell me "You should totally do _________" instead of what you're doing.
    Meanwhile I'm actually also the one tanking with my wizard and keeping everyone alive while they DD from UVD and don't bother to use elemental seal or mark of weakness.

Also, both sides of the heal aggro coin.
    A) Getting yelled at for not healing when someone fails to aggro first.
    B) Getting told about heal aggro by some noob when at no point did I heal someone in a position where I would get aggro from it (except in cases where the mobs weren't worth avoiding heal aggro and I could just faceroll it)
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    keeping everyone alive while they DD from UVD and don't bother to use elemental seal or mark of weakness.
    Ugh. Yes.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Mostly happen after Drake boss in FSP. Some member got water debuff and instead of waiting for me to puri them or spark the debuff, they rush to the npc next to the pool.

As I can't catch up with them most of the time, some of them dies and blame me for not purifying them b:surrender. Sometime I just yell "Don't ran away from me if you have debuff and want puri" b:cry

Also when an annoying member in squad kept whispering/screaming to get buff while I was busy healing squad, I can buff quickly with primal buff when I have the chance, but that just annoys the hell out of me b:angry
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    New funny one, also at Azoth Drake. Me feeling lazy, I jump up on those ring shaped things where you as a cler don't get hit by the ice thrust and where the small minions can't reach you. It's quite common for less tanky clers to do that as well as it is a very safe place to BB.
    Azoth throws his first ice pools... Barb grabs aggro and dodges by running WAY outside the BB, and doesn't go back in. Then subsequently he gets hit by the ice DoT and dies. Caught no flak for that one for a change, but that was kind of a derpy thing to happen.

New annoyance at BH EU: People rushing over to Gorath and aggroing him before the slow healers are there. So that just when you arrive Gorath does his knockback slam and knocks you off the platform. Today that resulted in a very dead veno...

• koryn77
    koryn77 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    So, I join this squad for FS as a magic DD. They already had a cleric in squad and she was the main healer. This was what they were wcing for. We get to toad and as no one wants to do axes, I do them. The other cleric forgot to purify two people. The first one died and I managed to catch the other one in between axes. I then kindly reminded her to purify. She retorts, "Are you not a cleric too?" O_o I said: "Yes, but I'm focusing on axes and DDing as I was invited to do." We continue on without much trouble until she runs into several people later when we were to "disperse". So, I get out of UVD and take over healing. No problems. We get to the last boss and she is afk when the five minibosses come out so, I start BB. A minute or so later, she comes back and puts her BB on TOP of mine. O_o. The squad leader is annoyed and he asks one cleric to BB and one to RB. I asked why she put BB on top of mine and she responded that she was wasn't a "pretend cleric" and was doing a "cleric's job". I was floored... I switched to RB as requested and we finished the run without problems but I noticed before I left that the cleric said in normal chat to the barb that she didn't appreciate people telling her how to play cleric. I threw two plumeshots at her after leaving squad and the barb ended up killing me. Still, I was rather perturbed at her actions and attitude. So many clerics are touchy when you remind them to puri or suggest they ih the tank instead of spamming squad heal when there are no enemy aoes and the tank is taking damage...(I didn't suggest that in this case, just giving an example) This is the type of thing that annoys me in squads. b:angry
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Something that shows how far the skill levels have fallen...

BH AEU. We have a good squad with 2 BMs, a barb and 2 seekers. Didn't check all their gear but I think most of them were rank 9. We didn't have a sin, but with a cler and a mystic I didn't figure that the lack of BP would be a problem.

Was I wrong? I was wrong.

We get the long version (Shakti, with the immune boss that stomps around). Started off nicely when one of the BMs decided to distract Locen and promptly got oneshotted (or twoshotted, I was lagging a bit). I go back and res him after the boss moves on, and while I do so the rest of the squad has already rushed ahead... I suddenly see both seekers dying. Figure... that can't be right, the boss went the other way. Turned out the barb did a pull, both seekers set vovo, and GoF without BP caused them to run themselves into the ground due to all the phys immune enemies...

Was it amusing? It was amusing. (for me)

After 2 more resses and a suggestion to not vovo unless BB is up, we do the furnace without much trouble. Alabaster and Onyx didn't spawn, so we move on to the matrix, and more groups of mobs. Not trusting those seekers to not press the easy button again, I set BB that time, and it worked out fine. We kill Locen without issue (sheer focused DPS, less then a minute) and move on to Aurugon. The first one goes fine. The second one...
    As a cleric you usually SoG the second and last time Aurugon appears to overwrite and cancel his immunity buff. That costs chi. I had enough left for BB at the second appearance, but not at the last. And which 2 players run themselves into the ground again? Eeeexactly.

Was it amusing? It wasn't amusing that second time.

Caught some flak from one of the seekers for not setting BB. I politely informed him that after having died from his own attacks once, it might have been smarter to wait with vovo and other AOEs until BB was up, then blacklisted him.

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Stories like that make me want BP removed for a month just to see how many people kill themselves in stupid ways that violate all forms of common sense.
    (Insert fancy image here)