Clerics. What pisses you guys off or annoys you when your in a squad?

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I understand your point of view and think like you, but some people prefer the cleric with the best weapon to heal cause he have stronger heals, which is ridiculous, a TT99 weapon would be enough for a skilled cleric to heal properly and keep people alive, I did heal successfully all instance with a TT99 without people dying, the only instances I haven't done on cleric is FSP/UCH, but for the rest when I was running with a cleric with a better weapon then I was healing.

It goes with communication, when you enter an instance and see the other cleric have a lower weapon you can ask him politely to heal and that you will DD (and support heal if needed). If he refuse then just heal, you are a cleric it shouldn't be a huge deal to heal, that's what clerics are for.

I'm kinda agree with this but I do not think "It's a respect thing," not to automatically start healing just because someone with better gear than you enters a squad. That makes it sounds like they owe you some kind of deference or something. I think the respectful and best solution for things would be to communicate with one another. Instead of making assumptions about people because they didn't do things the way you think they should be done. At least that's just the way I see it. Lots of people prefer to the person with the strongest healing power to heal for the same reason that they prefer pure magic clerics over vit ones, because the stronger the heal the easier it is to do things. Some people even make runs go faster when it comes to healers with better heals just because they try to pull more or less based on the strength of the heals. A person with the weaker heals can support in other ways like debuffing.

For myself I did prefer the stronger cleric DD/debuff/buff but I don't think people are wrong or disrespectful for preferring the otherway. Which is why I think communication is so key.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's not about deference Venus, it's about the most effective use of your toon for the squad. Example: My cleric has a G15 +4 wand and can pretty much heal anything with that. Most other clers I see in instances like FSP have a G16 weapon or better. The thing is... Attack levels have no effect whatsoever on heals, so it makes sense to have a person with a low attlvl do the healing, while the peeps with high attlvls (and thus better damage output) take on the enemies as metalmages.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Sometimes I actually let the lesser geared Clerics DD telling them that they probably don't have many opportunities to DD and do something else other than healing. I guess I was influenced by an old faction mate in Delta once, who had a much better weapon than me but told me to DD since back then being a Cleric and DDing in Delta was almost non existent. I mean, people wouldn't even take two Clerics to begin with (unless you were R9 +12 or something but even then...). That really impressed me so I started doing the same in more relaxed squads, unless the other Cleric insists that I DD.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't really care either way who heals and who DDs, as long as it's communicated. What really annoys me is when the other cleric just automatically goes into VD without even asking, or when I arrive at the instance and they're already in VD without even checking my gear or letting me check theirs. It's a matter of respect.

Same thing with running in EU. If there's another cleric I always ask if they want to run, or if I feel particularly strongly about it that day, I ask if they mind if I run/don't run.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Only thing I get Mad is at Cleric who don't wanna BB when Needed But Attack Instead that's about it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Even in R9 variants when I enter a squad and the other cleric has only G16 or the like I'll ask if they want to heal or DD. If they want to DD my stronger heals allow for larger pulls and for people to generally do more (and I'm capable enough to toss in my own attacks between heals). If they want to heal then I can enter VD and start to DD to boost how fast things get killed... and unlike most clerics nowadays who seem to stay in VD, I'm more than willing to drop out of it and start healing as well if things seem like they're about to get tough for the other cleric.

As long as they actually communicate with me, I don't care which happens. It's when either they don't communicate or after we agree they act like a fool and disregard what we agreed on that I get annoyed.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Healer_Star_ - Archosaur
    Healer_Star_ - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I never use vd until i gear perv the other cleric. Most of the time i dont ask and just auto vd if the other person is already healing w/ lesser gear. I even yell at clerics with better gear than mine to dd. i mostly run with other clerics i know and they are all rrr9+10-12, so im always healing which is fine because i would prefer they dd. The only time where i want a better geared cleric bbing instead of me is in uch with the dragons because they can hold more dragons than i can.

iwould say the worse case senrio i've had was a tt90 cleric dding while i was stuck healing in my g16. She didnt respond at all when i asked her to heal.

I dont see anything wrong with having more than 1 cleric in any squad. In fact i kinda like it especaillly if something goes wrong and i suddenly become the bad guy ( cuz ya know must always be the cleric's fault...) because they tend to defend me xD or i defend them xD.
    QQ to me ......so i can punch you in the face :D b:cute

YOU CAN LIVE WITH OUT FC SO STOP ASKING FOR IT BACK b:surrender

I <3 NYJ b:dirty
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    It's not about deference Venus, it's about the most effective use of your toon for the squad. Example: My cleric has a G15 +4 wand and can pretty much heal anything with that. Most other clers I see in instances like FSP have a G16 weapon or better. The thing is... Attack levels have no effect whatsoever on heals, so it makes sense to have a person with a low attlvl do the healing, while the peeps with high attlvls (and thus better damage output) take on the enemies as metalmages.

When you make it about respect, you are in fact also making it about other issues besides just which strategy is best. And your strategy might be what your comfortable and works for you but that's not necessarily true for other person. And what is "best," varies from squad to squad. Since it varies and since such matters really are a matter of preference, why should someone automatically do things your way. IT makes it sound like "I have better gear, so you should defer to me and let me be the DD no matter the situation," and I honestly don't get that. What you gotta look at is the gear gap and what is going on with the rest of the squad. On that token personally if I had a choice between someone in a cleric with g16 gear with mid level refines and a morai gear cleric with low refines, I'd prefer the morai cleric be the DD for example. Slaying levels don't do a single thing for heals and the base magic attack of morai gear is low. And the g16 isn't gonna be one shotting the mobs or anything.

At any rate, even though the better geared cleric contributes more DD...A cleric who has better gear has stronger heals because their magic attack is higher, and so sometimes this enables the puller to pull more. All I'm saying is communication is what is key rather than just assuming that the strategy you prefer is the only way it's done. You shouldn't feel disrespected just because someone in lower gear than you starts DD'ing and assumes you are on heals anymore than they should feel bad about the other way around. Because they might just do things differently than you. If the weaker cleric does the healing than the cleric is contributing to more firepower but this is easily, easily compensated for the fact that the stronger healer can do larger pulls. So it's really all down to what is going on in the squad.

TL;DR: Ignoring communication is rude. But nobody necessarily means disrespect just because they play differently than you. Some people prefer that the better geared cleric heal, some the other way around.

iwould say the worse case senrio i've had was a tt90 cleric dding while i was stuck healing in my g16. She didnt respond at all when i asked her to heal.

Not gonna lie TT90 is pushing as far as gear I find acceptable to take into squads in the first place. If I were in your squad I'd of preferred that you healed because tt90 heals are super weak compared to g16. I guess it depends on the gear of the person who was tanking the majority of the damage though. It's super rude though that you were ignored. Y'all could have talked it out.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear
    XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People who just plain can't play their class, but act like they know everything =/

84-94 FF squad. One of my factionmates, a seeker, joined, and was new to the instance, but she was learning, and it wasn't really her that was much of a problem. It was the frigging BM.

The fail in this particular FF squad wasn't immediately apparent, but I got slightly worried around the first boss, since the BM pulled and didn't stun mobs, then we got no HF at the boss. But it wasn't till we were almost at the second boss that this BM's true nature really started to reveal itself.

It started with the barb asking the sin for BP as we were going down corridor after killing the Shade. BM says this is 'desperate'. Veno (who's now on my fl) points out BP's function and asks the BM to clarify. To paraphrase the BM's response, 'I use charms, I don't rely on useless things like BP.'

b:shocked

There was also something about how the BM's main is a fist archer which...was relevant for some reason.

BM attempts to pull some mobs, dies. I rez, suddenly we get 'Damn, my charm! BRB' and the BM teleports out. To. Get. A. Charm. b:angry Oh and we also had 'I get charms for cheap'. On HT the current price for charms is about 8.5 to 12 million so idk where these ~cheap charms~ came from b:sweat

By this point the BM's getting on the veno's nerves. We clear to boss, BM comes back, once the women stop spawning, the BM shoots off attacks at the boss and lures to glitch.

Now I wasn't aware before this run that it's usually the cleric who lures the glitch, since it's usually been another non-APSer who does it, or we just don't glitch cause the party's OP and boss drops in 15 seconds. However, even if I'd known, BM was too fast for me to do anything about it. BM runs near the corner and stops, rather than carrying on running into the corner like I believe you're supposed to. So the boss unglitches, kills the seeker (who I then have to rez) and we end up killing normally. With me slept half the time. Great. And the BM refused to come down off the ramp to help =.=

Next few bosses goes okay aside from the no stun/Hf thing, but then we get to the big room. Sin asks the BM if they have HF, no reply. And of course someone attacked the little guy, sin died, rezzed, we carried on. Boss died, Barb goes to lure. BM nearly causes a party wipe cause they didn't stun the mobs, thankfully the veno saved us with nova. And still not a single HF from the BM b:angry

The BM was kicked from the squad during heads.

I've had fail BMs in FF before but this one was just b:cry
    Heaven's Tear - BigHearts Leader
    SoshiLove - 102/101/101 Celestial Sage Cleric (Pure Mag)
    xSicaChux - 101/101/9x Sage Veno (Full Vit)
    AngelSinx - 101 Sage Sin (Mostly Pure Dex)
    b:cute
  • anaovt1
    edited August 2014
    Only thing I get Mad is at Cleric who don't wanna BB when Needed But Attack Instead that's about it

This thread isn't about what annoyes you about clerics, it's about what annoyed clerics about you. b:chuckle

What annoys me, in fact, is people who yell as me to BB when it is clearly not needed, like in the early waves of delta.
    Next few bosses goes okay aside from the no stun/Hf thing, but then we get to the big room. Sin asks the BM if they have HF, no reply.

My guess is no, he did not have HF.
    Sounds like an FC baby who is also a real life baby.

Also, another thing: when I ask for a barb to tank an instance, an APS barb comes in, and after we're already in somewhere like Delta or EU where you can't exit, they say that they're APS barb and won't be tanking. How do they not realize that when I world chat for a barb/seeker, I mean someone to tank? Like, seriously..... I don't mind APS barbs at all, as long as they let me know and don't respond to calls for a tank.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anaovt1 wrote: »

Also, another thing: when I ask for a barb to tank an instance, an APS barb comes in, and after we're already in somewhere like Delta or EU where you can't exit, they say that they're APS barb and won't be tanking. How do they not realize that when I world chat for a barb/seeker, I mean someone to tank? Like, seriously..... I don't mind APS barbs at all, as long as they let me know and don't respond to calls for a tank.

What is this, 2k11? Any aps barb should be able to tank things like EU/Delta just fine. If not, they are absolutely terrible to the point it doesnt matter what build they got. Meridians, cards, nuemas. Extremely easy to get N3. If somebody cant handle PvE, something seriously wrong with them.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • anaovt1
    edited August 2014
    What is this, 2k11? Any aps barb should be able to tank things like EU/Delta just fine. If not, they are absolutely terrible to the point it doesnt matter what build they got. Meridians, cards, nuemas. Extremely easy to get N3. If somebody cant handle PvE, something seriously wrong with them.

This has happened to me 3 times already. non-rb aps barbs, 2 in delta, one in eu, I specifically asked for a tank, they replied 'barb', came in, and refused to tank. It happens more often than it should. The EU one I just kicked and replaced, the two deltas (one was full) ended up with BM tanking.

One of the delta ones could have easily tanked, he was in a combination of r9/t3 gear. He just refused to. The other one was in pure aps gear with 9k hp and probably couldn't tank.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
    edited August 2014
    Just a Cleric and rest were archers b:laugh I remember that night so well it's where I met my 19th wife Good thing I can marry everyone and get away with it! I am so awesome b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We are in 2014, who needs a tank for GV/Delta? Just AOE the mobs, no need tank for that. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited August 2014
    We are in 2014, who needs a tank for GV/Delta? Just AOE the mobs, no need tank for that. b:pleased

It's 2014 b:shocked I thought it was 2012 better change my Calendar thanks bella b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • anaovt1
    edited August 2014

Not everyone can do that, especially on a full delta full on non-rb, non-geared people who are doing their culti. I asked specifically for a tank, a barb replied that he was r9 and could help us, and then refused to tank because (in his words) "too many mobs I aps".

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
    edited August 2014
    "too many mobs I aps".

b:sweat I remember afew aps barbs still that can do full delta b:bye and half of em aren't rank 9
    they always came along with me helping friends do their full Delta b:laugh I would of laughed so hard and said "Bye bye"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not everyone can do that, especially on a full delta full on non-rb, non-geared people who are doing their culti.

You know that the old players use to do it in TT90/99 gears right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • anaovt1
    edited August 2014
    You know that the old players use to do it in TT90/99 gears right?

New players are not old players. I did that place at 85 in TT80 gear as was fine, because I knew how to control my agro. So many new people do not.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
    edited August 2014
    New players are not old players.

Old player's back then was the new player's then b:chuckle doing it even Once should teach someone what to do the next time they go back..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Something that happened to me tonight...

FSP, I'm only cler. Good squad with a couple of high rollers in there who have a few twinks in tow. I didn't mind, knew the mains are virtually able to solo that instance... We start to slog through, no problems whatsoever until Mushi...

First fail - a BM decides to wait for Mushi at the top of the stairs. Gets a oneshot welcome from the Tyrant Prince. I meanwhile was holding BB downstairs since 5 kings - usually a barb or someone pulls Mushi and then runs to the BB to have the damage reduction to survive that first hit. Not this party. The rest of the squad meanwhile scattered along the walls, with a strong sin ending up tanking Mushi. Wouldn't have been so much a problem if he didn't also have his (arcane) twinks right there. Mushi decides to do his short range slash... and a couple go and respawn.

So we fight on, twinks rejoining, I rebuff em and toss some heals here and there, but since the sin is taking the brunt of the damage and instantly healing himself via bloodpaint, not a whole lot to do, just a CHB after Mushi does his knockback AOE to top the squishies off again, and the occasional debuff of the boss, right before sparking. He dies, drops a book... and the sin kicks me claiming "I did a **** job at healing because his twinks never died before in fsp".

Yea. Kicking a healer because your alts get oneshotted. Lovely. Initially I thought I might have been lagging, but after verifying it with 2 other squadmembers, all saw them get oneshotted. Needless to say I won't be healing FSP for that sin again.

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This one doesn't really **** me off, but it does annoy me:

People world chatting for a Full Warsong Squad.

Fire is taken. They're looking for soloers for other pavilions.

I pm them saying that I'm a cleric, and that I can do Fire, Metal, Earth, or Wood.

I get rejected for being a cleric.

Then they spend another 15-20 mins World Chatting for soloers of the other pavilions.

(Had this happen quite a few times....)
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This one doesn't really **** me off, but it does annoy me:

People world chatting for a Full Warsong Squad.

Fire is taken. They're looking for soloers for other pavilions.

I pm them saying that I'm a cleric, and that I can do Fire, Metal, Earth, or Wood.

I get rejected for being a cleric.

Then they spend another 15-20 mins World Chatting for soloers of the other pavilions.

(Had this happen quite a few times....)

I guess noobs don't think clerics can dish it.
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited August 2014
    ... then they'll be rather surprised when an endgame cleric goes VD. I've only got a G15 +4 weapon, but with the primal Cyclone you can dish out insane amounts of damage in a hurry, not to mention that you have access to Mark of Weakness, Piety and your debuffs (which a BB cler can't toss). Add to that that if the bb fails, you can end VD and establish your own bb fast, thus prevent a squadwipe.

edited August 2014
    ... then they'll be rather surprised when an endgame cleric goes VD. I've only got a G15 +4 weapon, but with the primal Cyclone you can dish out insane amounts of damage in a hurry, not to mention that you have access to Mark of Weakness, Piety and your debuffs (which a BB cler can't toss). Add to that that if the bb fails, you can end VD and establish your own bb fast, thus prevent a squadwipe.

Pretty much this, and what DionDagger said.

Not to mention, I have debuffs as well. 40% pdef debuff at sage, and 35% elem debuff at sage. So whether I go into a DD mode or a healing mode, I can still contribute greatly to a squad...and I have no issue at all going into a healing mode if need be.

Can't wait to get the primal cyclone. Saving up the bloods for that one now. :D b:dirtyb:sin

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.

edited August 2014
    When I get asked not to heal while I'm busy stacking IH and throwing wellsprings...because the DD/Tank says that they can handle it. Thus I announce that I'm going into UV mode, then get asked why I'm not healing when I start DD'ing.... -__-

• catgirl33
    catgirl33 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When I get asked not to heal while I'm busy stacking IH and throwing wellsprings...because the DD/Tank says that they can handle it. Thus I announce that I'm going into UV mode, then get asked why I'm not healing when I start DD'ing.... -__-

Don't even bother to run with them again even if you do all the works for them, they'll never be satisfied. They only know to complain and threaten to kick you out of squad. b:surrender

This happened to me once before too like more than a year ago. I joined a random ws squad. At wood/water pav, i told them i would clear the wood pav, told them to clear the water pav without me. So later, i had no idea what happened to them when they were clearing water pav.
    We had wiz, psy, sin, bm, and barb. They should be fine without me because wiz/psy can heal, sin/bm/barb can utilize bp to recover their hp. They got squad wiped. So the barb which is the squad leader started blaming on me, complained that i was rushing and caused a squad wiped.
    I was like "i was soloing wood", and then wiz stood up and supported the barb and then another person helping the barb to say i was wrong and blah blah blah. The barb threatened to kick me, eventually he did kick me before Incarnate boss. From that day on, i rarely join any random squad like never. i usually form my own squad now. no need to fear of being kicked when you put so much effort for the team, and they don't value it.
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
  • tayswirox
    tayswirox Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    FSP squad... at second boss... a seeker tells me to BB. I told them I don't need it. (I never put up BB when the instance first came out, and most of the squads I'm in don't need it. They just need ironheart/purifies/squad heals, and most days the squad gets through with no problems. I've never had any complaints before.)

This squad I was in doesn't need BB either - I'm healing everyone/purifying debuffs/debuffing the boss just fine, and barely anyone is losing hp... except for the few people who get one hit by the circles (the seeker was one of them). The barb gets mad at me, throwing my statement about BB not being needed back at me. The seeker tries to tell me BB is best because they can just stand there and don't have to move, choosing to vort the boss instead. It got to me that they were getting mad and frustrated about my playstyle.

I've always hated putting up BB at this boss. I feel like there's more I can do than just sitting there in BB, and I don't think it's necessary in most situations (especially when everyone else in the squad was alive and doing fine with my heals... it was just 2 people). Instead, if I don't BB, I can help dd a little and debuff the boss (which I prefer), making it go down faster... b:surrender
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Second boss, that's Azoth if I remember correctly. I do always set BB there if another cler isn't doing so already (preferably by jumping on one of those strange O rings so you won't get hit with the ice aoe). It's not so much for the healing but the 50% damage reduction. The ice thrusts can be quite painful for HA and LA people with less then 12K HP, and the AOE the boss throws sometimes leaves a nasty DOT - if more people get hit with that, you might not purify and heal up the party in time.

Bottom line, if there's any squishies, especially squishy fishies, in your group, BB is a good safety measure there. But none of the other bosses (except 5 kings, and maybe Mushi at hysterical phase only) should be BBd.

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tayswirox wrote: »
    FSP squad... at second boss... a seeker tells me to BB. I told them I don't need it. (I never put up BB when the instance first came out, and most of the squads I'm in don't need it. They just need ironheart/purifies/squad heals, and most days the squad gets through with no problems. I've never had any complaints before.)

This squad I was in doesn't need BB either - I'm healing everyone/purifying debuffs/debuffing the boss just fine, and barely anyone is losing hp... except for the few people who get one hit by the circles (the seeker was one of them). The barb gets mad at me, throwing my statement about BB not being needed back at me. The seeker tries to tell me BB is best because they can just stand there and don't have to move, choosing to vort the boss instead. It got to me that they were getting mad and frustrated about my playstyle.

I've always hated putting up BB at this boss. I feel like there's more I can do than just sitting there in BB, and I don't think it's necessary in most situations (especially when everyone else in the squad was alive and doing fine with my heals... it was just 2 people). Instead, if I don't BB, I can help dd a little and debuff the boss (which I prefer), making it go down faster... b:surrender

I got kicked out once for not putting BB up there, and nobody died during the boss.

As for the damage reduction... for circles it's nice, sure, but as a barbarian I consider the water dor far greater threat.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47