Perfect World 2 in development

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ^ technically all of the Venomancer skills are poison/poisonous insects/parasites thrown at the enemy if you read the descriptions :3

But it's true you can't trust the art!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • catshop177
    catshop177 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My friend who play PW-CN confirmed that it's actually "A NEW GAME", and not an expansion.
    I just hope they make an international or US version of it also.
    Let's face it, PWI is just a washed-up and unbalanced mmo at this point.
    >With FCC Hyper gone, all the new dailies, morai, prima and card systeml etc....GL to starting player with catching up!
    >Purify proc was unbalanced....to fix that they invented more unbalanced skills to the point its pointless to even 1v1 in this game anymore!

Hope PWI 2 is fun like this game used to be at first 5 years ago.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited September 2014

PW's art means false advisement

Btw, I started to play here thinking venomancers were sick looking assassins which used poison and stuff to kill others. After I installed the game it was a surprised to see venos were little girls with animal presets which doesn't have more than one skill to inflict poison, I was disappointed and curious at same time.
    ^ technically all of the Venomancer skills are poison/poisonous insects/parasites thrown at the enemy if you read the descriptions :3

But it's true you can't trust the art!

It really drives me up a wall that all the presets now are dollfaces. They look terrible and it's really hard to get an actual human proportion if you don't start with one.

Though, yeah, technically the venomancers are throwing projectiles that are poisonous. The damage/debuff doesn't get done until the scarab that you throw lands on the target, either.

That venomancer art just makes me think: "No wonder this x-box doesn't work! It's full of naked people!" from the Modest Medusa comic. And also that most people would like her for reasons other than the tails. Though the tails are nice. Wonder if we'll get new presets for tails..... *95% thinks no, but aksdngg....*
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Let me guess, it's just a "big" update and they will change name from PW to PW2. They did the same to 2 of their other games. Same old games, few graphical updates and they just changed name.
  • catshop177
    catshop177 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Let me guess, it's just a "big" update and they will change name from PW to PW2. They did the same to 2 of their other games. Same old games, few graphical updates and they just changed name.

It's not an update...I just said that lol.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    catshop177 wrote: »
    It's not an update...I just said that lol.

It's not even available until September 24th. Where is your proof? Even Wanmei's BBS doesn't state anything about this being a completely new game, as opposed to an expansion.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • w34kd0g
    w34kd0g Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's not even available until September 24th. Where is your proof? Even Wanmei's BBS doesn't state anything about this being a completely new game, as opposed to an expansion.

Well if his chinese friend plays it maybe the CN playerbase is assuming that's a new game, it would explain all the QQing
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited September 2014
    w34kd0g wrote: »
    Well if his chinese friend plays it maybe the CN playerbase is assuming that's a new game, it would explain all the QQing

Yeah, but at the end of the day it's all just assumptions. Wanmei has yet to officially announce any documentation on if this is a stand-alone brand new game and/or an expansion to the existing client. Furthermore, we have seen no evidence of in-game images/video. At best, we've seen some concept art and a possible image of the patcher.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Psychic? That doesn't look like a tideborn; it's pink and doesn't have weird ears.

soul controller saki? the disciple of grand wizard tensa...? like this game needs to actually make sense... b:chuckle

if it really is pw2 (as in a new game think broodwar vs sc2) i doubt pwe would ever announce it.
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • artidones2012
    artidones2012 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Perfect World 2 has been announced since 2013.

http://news.duowan.com/1310/246534440731.html

b:chuckle

Translate with google translator and they speak of rejuvenating of the game.
    Perfect World 2 is an expansion, 09/24/2014 will be proven!
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All action in game are done via motion capture by trained actual martial artists, similar to the system found in Swordsman.

https://twitter.com/IbrahimAnilongB/status/507389923578486784/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/IbrahimAnilongB/status/507391301814202368/photo/1
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well... if they finally making new game that can stand neck to neck to current f2p games I will even consider start (try) playing PWI again.

Tbh I don't see other option then to make other game cause this one is completely outdated and broken in every possible way.

But considering how pwi is actually p2p in disguise and also considering current f2p market with all beautiful games that are atm at our disposal, and lots of new f2p games that are going to be available for us in near future... they will have to work really really hard to sell me that new game:)

But one thing I learnd for sure... if you ever see gear in boutique again... uninstall that game!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    At least it could be fun for an year before it goes downhill again. Provided it is indeed a new game and they bring it over here.

My selfish wish is for this to be an expansion because I'm too lazy to start over in another MMO. Nothing forces me to play another MMO of course but I still want to play with online friends (or even real life friends) once in a while...and it's just convenient that I still some good friends playing PWI and I've already done enough farming/whatnot to get to a good gear level etc....plus knowing a good amount of game's mechanics.

My logical wish is for this to be a new game. I'd probably try it out because I'd be curious to see PW with new graphics/systems/updates (assuming they keep most of the stuff PW had in its first 1-2 years) with fixes, balanced things, more content than the original PW etc.

I'll be fine with whatever it is either way. I'm mostly neutral but curious.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the main problem of PWE is the greed.

if this will be a new game none will re-start from there, seen the BS that is being pulled by the management and seen the huge pool of f2p mmorpgs on the market.

Swordsman 3, a game just released by PWE had tier 4 and 5 gems for sale C$-only, like just 2 months after the release date, players are already leaving the game, gg

If PW2 will be a new game, it will come to a same end, couple of months hype, then some C$ bullsh.it and you lost the playerbase... but imo we won't even reach that, current PWI playerbase knows the company management better than all the other Arc-platform games playerbase,
    we won't follow through on the new game.

if it will be a new expansion then it's just amazing, unbelievable, and would really enjoy it skillshots or not i ll be glad to try re-learn my class with new mechanics.

But i am seriously doubtful about this being just an expansion, there is way too much for this as being just an expansion, they hired martial arts experts to motion capture and CGI the new moves... this can't happen for just an expansion b:laugh
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the main problem of PWE is the greed.

I have to agree.

I play another online game and it's the glimmer of greed there that started nudging out players... but they saw the repercussions > pulled it back and are steadily increasing players daily.

I like the game Perfect World because of the community. I've not yet see another like it in any other game. And I'm old school, I was Aizza / NiaJade on Harshlands and NiaJade on a much older version of PW.

The sheer amount of talent as well as positive player outlook - is so very different. The older more established players here have almost no equal on other games. They know not only their character cold but others (classes). Their level of pro-ness is staggering.

I want that in other games but am not finding it.

Idiot tankers and clerics in other games, people that casually drop a squad if things get too difficult.

That's why I loved Perfect World > THE PLAYERS.

... sadly you cannot buy them in the cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    -snip-

That's why I loved Perfect World > THE PLAYERS.

... sadly you cannot buy them in the cash shop.

I'm sure PWE would find a way to sell that.. b:laugh
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014

inb4 C$-item for whispers and Friend List b:laugh
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    inb4 C$-item for whispers and Friend List b:laugh

Well, they would make a killing selling a blacklist extension stone, though. Also a friend list extension stone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2014

Remember, way back in the day, when you could get in-game items like rare mounts for getting friends to join and level to 20?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Remember, way back in the day, when you could get in-game items like rare mounts for getting friends to join and level to 20?b:surrender

Hell, I remember there was some kind of an achievement system back then where you could get points and trade for fash and such
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014

I remember they were giving out the Black Raptor at some point for that. I really wanted to get my hands on the raptor. Well, I did get one later...when it became just another regular mount. But it's okay, it's still special to me b:sad
    edited September 2014
    I remember they were giving out the Black Raptor at some point for that. I really wanted to get my hands on the raptor. Well, I did get one later...when it became just another regular mount. But it's okay, it's still special to me b:sad

Yeah, still have that raptor on my barb, and I remember when I had one of 6 Bulbfish on all the servers. Now they're a dime a dozen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This will probably sound really stupid, but I was wondering today... where are they going to fit the skill trainers for the new classes?
    As it is designed now, most of the trainer-spaces don't have room for new NPCs. Which is why I thought the Earthguards would be the last, with only new content added in the future.

So this means... either they squeeze them in what we already have, or they completely change how everything looks right now into a massive re-design? (imagine that patch...)

All my own speculative ranting of course, don't take anything I said here as official stuff please.

Anybody else wondering/pondering this? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    This will probably sound really stupid, but I was wondering today... where are they going to fit the skill trainers for the new classes?
    As it is designed now, most of the trainer-spaces don't have room for new NPCs. Which is why I thought the Earthguards would be the last, with only new content added in the future.

So this means... either they squeeze them in what we already have, or they completely change how everything looks right now into a massive re-design? (imagine that patch...)

All my own speculative ranting of course, don't take anything I said here as official stuff please.

Anybody else wondering/pondering this? b:surrender

Just shuffle them around a bit. It's not that hard to move an NPC's coordinates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • artidones2012
    artidones2012 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Forsaken World was renamed to Forsaken World 2 in China.

http://shenmo.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140613/160370.shtml

神魔大陆 > 神魔大陆2

b:pleased

It is an expansion b:victory
    Perfect World 2 is an expansion, 09/24/2014 will be proven!
  • condofar
    condofar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    you guys still just don't get it do you? there will not be an expansion nor another perfect world game released to NA. If anything does happen, it will be brand new.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    condofar wrote: »
    you guys still just don't get it do you? there will not be an expansion nor another perfect world game released to NA. If anything does happen, it will be brand new.
    You have done nothing to back this up or explain it.
    All you've done is insult and repeat that same thing with nothing to back it up.
  • condofar
    condofar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You have done nothing to back this up or explain it.
    All you've done is insult and repeat that same thing with nothing to back it up.

too bad it's true tho lol
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited September 2014
    condofar wrote: »
    too bad it's true tho lol

Again, I ask for the proof. Why do you insist on stating something that you can't back up? I could say that the sun will blow up and we will all die in 4 hours 36 minutes and 4 seconds, but guess what? I have no proof (though we all know that it won't happen, anyways). That makes me a moron.

So, you are acting like a moron, and not using any form of logic to back up your statement(s). Your "friend" from PW-CN that seems to think this is a completely brand new IP must be a developer or have info leaked from the devs directly to him -- as Wanmei's BBS does not go into detail from any play on if this will be a new IP.

You and your "friend" can come with proof, or be an idiot. Either way, since you've decided for this long to go on and on without evidence, you're already not very intelligent. That's evident by trying to state your point over again multiple times, and when people ask for evidence to support your argument, your best point is that "it is because it is". Low lame. b:shutup
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|