123457»

Comments

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

I know, I was just proving my point.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    condofar stop trying to troll. You're doing a terrible job of it and it's only going to end with you having real punishment.

If you want to post in this thread, either contribute something useful (with actual sources to back it up) or don't post here anymore.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • pwistevenwho
    pwistevenwho Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I am pretty sure this thread should of been closed on the 1st day for talking about another game, which is NOT allowed on the forums. the topic is pure speculation and no one has proved this is pwi expansion nor a new game. so close it.
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    tbh pwcn seems popular still so it doesn't surprise me they'd make a major expansion like this
    if the old game's still making money they have no reason to make a new one yet

plus last i heard pwcn doesn't have r9 problem like we do? r9 is harder to get there... hence why we are banned from pwic
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I am pretty sure this thread should of been closed on the 1st day for talking about another game, which is NOT allowed on the forums. the topic is pure speculation and no one has proved this is pwi expansion nor a new game. so close it.

You're kinda speaking against yourself there: you admit there is no proof it's a new game, but still demand we don't speak of it here because it's an other game? All hints are pointing towards an expansion moreso than a new game, even if they're just speculations.

Ask for closing this thread again in 3 weeks, when it will be released and we know for certain it's update or new game.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The Japanese blogger posted a translated copy of a customer support inquiry asking if it was a new game or a new update. The reply was "new update."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • narkotikrus
    narkotikrus Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Yey, I like that song! Also, it looks really nice, but we usually get a different client skin on updates :/ .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    They need to sort the bugs on PWI 1 first before they start on 2, or will it be that once PWI 2 is out, they won't care about PWI 1?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • narkotikrus
    narkotikrus Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Actually, yes. It has been proven that this is an expansion to the current PW and it's built on the newer game engine. Sparkiesoft even stated that we will likely be seeing it arrive here early next year.
    They need to sort the bugs on PWI 1 first before they start on 2, or will it be that once PWI 2 is out, they won't care about PWI 1?
    By completely re-designing the game on a new engine....
    Being worked on by the original developers instead of a new team that wasn't familiar with the code....
    I'm pretty sure that many bugs will be getting sorted out.
    I'm also certain that we'll have new ones because this has been in development less than a year, and then it gets translated to English for us.

There won't be a "PW1" anymore once the expansion to PW2 arrives
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Map of the new expansion:
    http://pwmarket.ru/img/guides/18-1.png

Are there new veno pets, or more pets that can evolve?
  • Erven - Sanctuary
    Erven - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    By completely re-designing the game on a new engine....
    Being worked on by the original developers instead of a new team that wasn't familiar with the code....
    I'm pretty sure that many bugs will be getting sorted out.
    I'm also certain that we'll have new ones because this has been in development less than a year, and then it gets translated to English for us.

There won't be a "PW1" anymore once the expansion to PW2 arrives
    Have you been on the CN test server yet? Or watched the video?The "new engine" appears to be a lie. Everything is the same, the client structure is the same, the game models look the same, the old areas look the same, the new map looks close to the Primal World. Game doesn't run smoother by a tiny bit.
    Also the name PW2 appears to be a marketing catch, so far this update doesn't seem to introduce more than the Genesis.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Have you been on the CN test server yet? Or watched the video?The "new engine" appears to be a lie. Everything is the same, the client structure is the same, the game models look the same, the old areas look the same, the new map looks close to the Primal World. Game doesn't run smoother by a tiny bit.
    Also the name PW2 appears to be a marketing catch, so far this update doesn't seem to introduce more than the Genesis.

The big push with the new client was to upgrade the game to run on the new engine so that the client would be able to take advantage of hardware that it is unable to do currently. (i.e. tied to using only one CPU core and not using the GPU for graphic processing)

Of course PW2 is a marketing catch. Technically it would actually be PW3. You don't expect them to completely re-write the game in less than a year do you?

I would imagine that the original developers will be able to fix broken code that a group of people who weren't familiar with it would. Hell, they can likely also correct some of the incomplete coding done by the Wanmei team that didn't fully know how to work with the original code.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jamzees - Archosaur
    Jamzees - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    >TFW Its Happening
    >PW1 Closes after another two years
    >PW2 comes
    >Players hyped to play despite all the **** we've had to deal with
    >History repeats itself and sooner or later
    >Power is sold directly in the boutique after a couple years of PW2's lifespan...if not from Day 1

TFW Its Happening = nothing much ijs

PW1 Closes after another two years = i dont think so its too big to close

PW2 comes = no there no pw2 its just a another expansion with 1 race and 2 classes
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

PW2 comes = no there no pw2 its just a another expansion with 1 race and 2 classes

Yeah, no ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • ThatTankGuy - Archosaur
    ThatTankGuy - Archosaur Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Not sure if this will be the same when it released for us.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaXhp2hersE&index=2&list=UUhZ5_i0hXrsvP0FpCKeSn4Q

but if you look at the first photo you can see the island on the top right has been expanded could be where the new race will be?
    Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eegfFJkc-1c&list=UUhZ5_i0hXrsvP0FpCKeSn4Q
    The melee class in that video looked like a cross between a seeker and a sin. (I think this because of the attack speed of the class and also the fact all the fighting he did was with more the one person at a time)
  • Kuroimist - Archosaur
    Kuroimist - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Noway sherlock!! :O
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaXh...rsvP0FpCKeSn4Q

but if you look at the first photo you can see the island on the top right has been expanded could be where the new race will be?
    Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eegf...rsvP0FpCKeSn4Q
    The melee class in that video looked like a cross between a seeker and a sin. (I think this because of the attack speed of the class and also the fact all the fighting he did was with more the one person at a time)

C'mon there are 2 threads really well done with lots of information and ones of these from Asterelle with a very good format and you people still wonder. jeeesh b:surrender
    Too lazy to make a signature!
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaXhp2hersE&index=2&list=UUhZ5_i0hXrsvP0FpCKeSn4Q

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eegfFJkc-1c&list=UUhZ5_i0hXrsvP0FpCKeSn4Q

You're a bit behind, everything has already been discussed in detail here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1715941 .
    You can check it out to your heart's content, including footage of the new classes and their skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]