Options

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    They both look so cool and sexy!b:thanks

I hope it's expansion and not a new game because;

1-My pc can't handle two enormous games (PWI and this one)
    You are using a 20gb hdd from 1998?

2-No one would play it.
    You'd be surprised.

3-We really need a new expansion.
    No, we need a complete overhaul of everything.

4-I'm OCD about numbers. We would have 6 races so I can divide them by 2 :3
    Everything is divisible by 2, your OCD is irrelevant and weird, you probably mean you only want numbers that divide by 2 and still show a whole number rather than decimals

/5char
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

By the way it can be concept art of NPCs or mobs/bosses, I still see more doubts and speculation and no real proof and certainty of what's coming out b:avoid

They said few times on official news about 6 races and 12 classes. And guy from art also on closed beta launcher.
    http://s018.radikal.ru/i525/1408/a8/95e9eed152a4.png
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Meh .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The race doesn't look bad, I like horns (of course tails are still better though).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Part of today chinese news after google translate says: Sky city of the building above the clouds, with a giant spaceship prototype, create a more fantasy adventure atmosphere. Architectural details portray a very delicate, so tessellation, the Chinese classical elements with modern metal fusion technology elements, both stylish and full of oriental style. It sounds like this city we have on our login screen. b:shutup
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Options

Haha true! Maybe you're secretly a prophet b:avoid Really nice art by the way, I followed that thread but admittedly never commented xD I should change that!
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Part of today chinese news after google translate says: Sky city of the building above the clouds, with a giant spaceship prototype, create a more fantasy adventure atmosphere. Architectural details portray a very delicate, so tessellation, the Chinese classical elements with modern metal fusion technology elements, both stylish and full of oriental style. It sounds like this city we have on our login screen. b:shutup

You're right :O

But I wouldn't like a hovering racial capital city. That would make other racial capitals look...so lame. We have winged elves and they live under a huge tree, they should have had a flying city.

(Raging Tides is the weirdest one imo but I love it's music. Tellus is nice but unpractical because npcs are too far away. I like Lost City because npcs are all together and music is haunting and Plume because it's so serene, you hardly see other players around. Etherblade is meh for me.)

But come on, people! A demonic race who wields scythes! Give it to me b:dirty
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    it's deftly a new game and not an expansion, chinese playerbase is really upset about it,
    cause instead of rehauling current game they devved a complete new one,
    they also do not like the new game mechanics (skillshot based as per swordsman and neverwinter) and the visuals

honestly if they wipe pwi who from the western countries would play this?

for what i passed through pwi (no EU TZoned servers for 3 years, r9 being "niche" and expensive and now its pretty much for free, tideborns, chienkun scam, rollbacks, bugs, game balance nonexistent and broken class mechanics etch)

i would not start to play pw2 with those prerogatives

if i have to restart from 0, i would then point to more solid companies and titles, and most likely i won't choose a f2p mmorpg, since they result more expensive than the p2p ones,
    eventho Arc has nice titles itself such as Nw (which i don't play being a D&D 3.0 - 3.5 purist) or Elemental Kingdoms
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    PWI would lose 90% of their playerbase

lol There any real playerbase left?
    re
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    they also do not like the new game mechanics (skillshot based as per swordsman and neverwinter)

Why does every it feel like so many new games are doing this? I can't aim skillshots for the life of me. -___-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    What are skill shots even? o_o Never heard the term ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Skill shots..probably refers to the battle system a...certain other MMO has (and i guess a few others)...which to be quite honest I don't like. I'd go play a shooting game or something If I wanted that.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Why does every it feel like so many new games are doing this? I can't aim skillshots for the life of me. -___-

i know really...

i tried skillshots gameplay on Gee\/\/2 and in mass pvp its really ****, you cant really hit your target...

(skillshots, its when instead having a set target where the skill will land automatically once triggered, and thats how PW currently works, its that you have to manually aim at him and release the skill in order to hit the target (like swordsman))
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    i know really...

i tried skillshots gameplay on Gee\/\/2 and in mass pvp its really ****, you cant really hit your target...

(skillshots, its when instead having a set target where the skill will land automatically once triggered, and thats how PW currently works, its that you have to manually aim at him and release the skill in order to hit the target (like swordsman))

Well just so you guys know... you're a dying breed. b:chuckle

The reason so many other MMOs are moving to "dynamic combat" is because the (typically younger) player base is clamoring for it... or else all newer MMOs would still be stuck with the antiquated "activate skills while rooted in place" targeting mechanism, while a random number generator determines whether you will hit the target or not.

And honestly, after playing some of the more recent MMOs, to then come back to PWI and find myself unable to move my toon even when just using bloody auto-attacks, just seems extremely restrictive to me. You may not like it, but Perfect World would be fools to keep the same combat system that was popular nearly a decade ago but irrelevant now.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    i know really...

Well, this is interesting, seems like something fun to do. However, if the target can move very fast or is too far away it will be a problem for casters.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I hate skillshots. I uninstalled neverwinter because of how much I hated the game overall there. Rolled a cleric, and could barely kill. Truth be told, if I'm going to have to start aiming my skills, then I may as well play a shooter, and employ my tactics and strategems against my opponents...as a pose to playing a fantasy mmo that wants me to aim even moreso. I've only seen one MMO that pulled of aiming magic skills good. A certain MMO named after the Age of a "Certain Barbarian", where I'm as endgame as I can be for a f2p player using a demonologist.

In short, overall... I hate skillshots, and I hate neverwinter...so if swordsman is intended to be like it, I'm one player that almost certainly will not join. If this an overhaul, and they wipe us however.... I'm not going to play again...and if they give me the neverwinter hotkey/screen clicky thing, as a pose to the current one....I will no longer be an active player....because of how much I truly despise it.

QQ: just realized Desdi beat me to the punch on the shooting game comment. **Seconds it.**
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Cause yo got no skillz.

I'd be very happy is this is an update, that means tacticians will dominate the battlefields mwahaha.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Let's see... This is comming from the official site of PW, if you use the traductor you can read it is a sequel of PW, first image description says "Perfect World 2" official LOGO", you can read PW2 all over the place.

It is all about logic, if you have a brain you can process such information.b:chuckle

lmao, you ever hear about phishing scams? they look official also. like I said, grow a brain. they are NOT making a new one.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I can see how this type of battle/combat is popular with younger players since it's more intense and..fast paced? or more "realistic".

I'm pretty certain there's plenty of people who still prefer the older combat systems though.
    Then again...I guess they are making a new PW game from scratch and want to appeal to new players, something we've been complaining about for a long time (lack of new players).

I'm still gonna try it out and all but *shrugs*. I guess I prefer older game mechanics in general >:[ reason I'm fine with turn-based combat systems too.

^ just speculation of course, still not sure what's really going on.

• XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Cause yo got no skillz.

I'd be very happy is this is an update, that means tacticians will dominate the battlefields mwahaha.

its not about skills,
    there are games where skillshots are a fair and viable mechanics like leg3nds of l3agu3

but activating skillshots in 80vs80 pvp to hit a defined target?

that's not gonna happen, i experienced it on wvwvw Gee\/\/2 and its just chaotic...

a tactician calls the target, monitors when his sustain skills are down and then focus him down,

with skillshots not only you cant do this but you cant even efficiently focus-target someone

since the aim is manual and your team will never have a free straight window to deliver combined skillshots to the mutual target,
    and the larger the pvp it is, the "impossibler" it would be to lead focus skillshots to a defined target

so there is really no "tactician will dominate the battlefield" with skillshots in large mass pvp scenarios
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Well, this is interesting, seems like something fun to do. However, if the target can move very fast or is too far away it will be a problem for casters.

not just for casters, imagine you are a melee and trigger a skillshot that chains a rapid serie of melee attacks,

if your target isn't CCed he will just move away and your character would be delivering his flurry of attacks to the mere air like a du.mba.ss D: (like some classes on neverwinter)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    chinese playerbase is really upset about it,
    cause instead of rehauling current game they devved a complete new one
    I don't quite understand this. This is like getting upset at Sony for putting dev money into the PS4 because you'd rather they had spent that money developing add-ons and peripherals to extend the life of the PS3 another 5 years.

PWI is (at least) 6 years old. It has numerous problems, a lot of which seemed to be stemmed from ever-changing developer teams. Its kind of ridiculous to expect them to pour tons of money into a f2p MMO this old. So if they rework the graphics, update some skills...then what? Now you have a prettier version of the same broken game, with dead content galore and imbalances everywhere. There's far too much dead content, imbalances and limitations in PWI. The amount of work that would need to go into reworking it, they may as well make a version 2.0. They are painted into a corner.

So why not start over? With (unless I'm mistaken) the original Archosaur dev team that made the PW that people loved before the Tideborn. Fresh slate, lessons learned (hopefully).
    Besides, who says if PW2 came out that PWI would be immediately shut down? If there was enough remaining interest, from players and their wallets, why wouldn't they leave the servers running until the interest waned enough to warrant shutting it down?

I get people have a lot invested in PWI and don't want to let it go. I do too, about 5.5 years worth of time playing it. But honestly, I really hope this is a new PW2 being developed by the Archosaur team, because I'd love to see them bring their original vision for PWI to life.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I'm fine with a new game. I just can't with a skillshot-based battle system though. -___-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Might it be the Xbox One version? They are currently working on porting 3 of their more successful MMOs to the format.

Just ignore me i found this

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140901/73471.shtml

which when traslated with google god awful translator kills my theory :(
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    condo2009 wrote: »
    lmao, you ever hear about phishing scams? they look official also. like I said, grow a brain. they are NOT making a new one.

Seems to be you are a bit slow, it was proven it is wanmei, chinese PW's main site. Yet you are the only one saying it is fake, implying it is not the official site; does it make any sense to you?

I guess you are just a troll, trolling around.
    not just for casters, imagine you are a melee and trigger a skillshot that chains a rapid serie of melee attacks,

if your target isn't CCed he will just move away and your character would be delivering his flurry of attacks to the mere air like a du.mba.ss D: (like some classes on neverwinter)

I guess you can call it balance somehow since both, casters and melees, will have problems to use skillshots, so more than gear you kill need skills. It is interesting.

I remember I used to have problems in another game as caster, because you could only cast skills to targets in front of you, and the rogue class favorite's spot was your butt. It was hard to learn how to deal with them.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If it's a brand new game, I don't see any problem.
    they also do not like the new game mechanics (skillshot based as per swordsman and neverwinter)
    I assume no one forces them to go play it b:chuckle But those who like skillshot will have an alternative to pw.

Of course, they could keep fixing bugs in current games instead of starting new, blablabla... But after all it's their business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    its not about skills,
    there are games where skillshots are a fair and viable mechanics like leg3nds of l3agu3

but activating skillshots in 80vs80 pvp to hit a defined target?

that's not gonna happen, i experienced it on wvwvw Gee\/\/2 and its just chaotic...

a tactician calls the target, monitors when his sustain skills are down and then focus him down,

with skillshots not only you cant do this but you cant even efficiently focus-target someone

since the aim is manual and your team will never have a free straight window to deliver combined skillshots to the mutual target,
    and the larger the pvp it is, the "impossibler" it would be to lead focus skillshots to a defined target

so there is really no "tactician will dominate the battlefield" with skillshots in large mass pvp scenarios

No it will not be the kind of "static" battle field" you get in PW's TW where your team can focus fire individual threats. But so what ?

In place you now have dynamic moving battle field where everyone is constantly on the go (no stationery rooting of players while they line up their nukes b:pleased) and a specific group (for ex... hammer train in that game you keep mentioning) as whole is now the overriding target to focus fire for casters and CC rather than specific OP individuals which is what now happens in TW.

It's a simple case of adjusting to a much faster moving game. So you are having difficulties doing so. But then don't pretend it's the same for everyone else. Skill levels differ from person to person, ya know.

Good thing that in so many of the newer games your character would be able to move forward while delivering their "flurry of attacks" so having much greater chance to hit the opponent even when he moves. So really your example doesn't cover every type of game with dynamic combat (I hate that term skill shot).
  • Twinlight - Harshlands
    Twinlight - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I still don´t undestand if it is a new game or a expansion. any already know?

I have to know it to stop waste money and time in a game that soon die.
  • narkotikrus
    narkotikrus Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I still don´t undestand if it is a new game or a expansion. any already know?

I have to know it to stop waste money and time in a game that soon die.

Expansion