Perfect World 2 in development

Options

Comments

• archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Totally different game, huh? Good, I'll at least try it out for the sake of the story and something new. Whether I stay for it or not will depend on how quickly PWE decides to turn it into a cash cow to bleed out. b:pleased

New game? I think it's still the old PW with an update to its graphic engine like Jade Dynasty's Regenesis expansion which was crafted using the new self-developed Destroyer IV engine of Wanmei. The logo says, "w2i.wanmei.com" the official website of chinese version of PWI. There was just an update and a name change (Wanmei "Shijie" to Wanmei "Goji"), but still the old thing.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Official news http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140901/73471.shtml

Perfect World 2 on Shadowlands III engine with 6 races coming b:bye

So anyone fluent in Chinese around here? :o Or have a friend of a friend of a friend who is? xD I wanna know what it says, damn it! xD
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    New game? I think it's still the old PW with an update to its graphic engine like Jade Dynasty's Regenesis expansion which was crafted using the new self-developed Destroyer IV engine of Wanmei. The logo says, "w2i.wanmei.com" the official website of chinese version of PWI. There was just an update and a name change (Wanmei "Shijie" to Wanmei "Goji"), but still the old thing.

Shadowlands III is gotta be a translation error. I still believe its the angelica 3.

Why should Archosaur develop another engine thats alrdy at ver. 3 when they only use angelica pretty much?

Would be amazing if its an update, but could be kinda hard to get all the date translated to the new playing/combat style and all.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    seriously people, grow a brain. why would pwi ever consider making a new pwi? this story is total bs and time to be closed.
  • w34kd0g
    w34kd0g Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

If it is they wasted their time on developing a new engine for nothing, nobody is going to play a pay to win game thats 6 years old, it pretty much looks like a new game to me because it says the battle system is now action based, it would be too much work to rework all skills from scratch and add a new target system/dodging. Did they upgrade the combat system like that on their other games too?
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    PW2 wont have any market in the Western countries

PW had a nice cut of the mmorpg market despite WoW golden years, because it was one of the first f2p mmorpgs ever published in US and EU

Now the mmorpg market is flooded by f2p-model mmorpgs,

if instead of updating current PW, they will wipe PWI and make complete brand new PW2 they will basically lose 90% of the players\customers.

There are way better f2p mmorpgs by story, gameplay, game balance, lesser p2w factor, better graphycs, with devs that actually are professionals, have clues and fix the bugs\fix the metagame.

None sane of mind, that after he stood strong for years, despite a game plagued by bugs and other "broken" things, then he got his years of efforts wiped,

would follow the title to PW2, because he will have so many other F2P mmorpgs to choose, even inside Arc platform competiting titles.

Anyway if Archosaur Studios started working and even announced PW2, we will hardly see any major update anymore for PWI...

i guess that last one wanmei bulletin is almost a game over for our current PW version
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    condo2009 wrote: »
    seriously people, grow a brain. why would pwi ever consider making a new pwi? this story is total bs and time to be closed.

Let's see... This is comming from the official site of PW, if you use the traductor you can read it is a sequel of PW, first image description says "Perfect World 2" official LOGO", you can read PW2 all over the place.

It is all about logic, if you have a brain you can process such information.b:chuckle
  • w34kd0g
    edited September 2014
    Options
    PW2 wont have any market in the Western countries

PW had a nice cut of the mmorpg market despite WoW golden years, because it was one of the first f2p mmorpgs ever published in US and EU

Now the mmorpg market is flooded by f2p-model mmorpgs,

if instead of updating current PW, they will wipe PWI and make complete brand new PW2 they will basically lose 90% of the players\customers.

There are way better f2p mmorpgs by story, gameplay, game balance, lesser p2w factor, better graphycs, with devs that actually are professionals, have clues and fix the bugs\fix the metagame.

None sane of mind, that after he stood strong for years, despite a game plagued by bugs and other "broken" things, then he got his years of efforts wiped,

would follow the title to PW2, because he will have so many other F2P mmorpgs to choose, even inside Arc platform competiting titles.

Anyway if Archosaur Studios started working and even announced PW2, we will hardly see any major update anymore for PWI...

i guess that last one wanmei bulletin is almost a game over for our current PW version

Archosaur studios didn't work on PWI for years tbh, if the current dev team doesn't support them we will still get updates I guess
  • Faiskleric - Heavens Tear
    Faiskleric - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B02gbZZKPOw

Perfect World 2 - CG Trailer (CN)

reminds me of Soul Calibur b:surrender
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B02gbZZKPOw

Perfect World 2 - CG Trailer (CN)

reminds me of Soul Calibur b:surrender

Well, that doesn't really look interesting at all to me anyway with that single video. But in the description of the video it makes it sound like its a massive expansion/overhaul of the current. I Don't know what to think anymore...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rawrepicfail
    rawrepicfail Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Well, that doesn't really look interesting at all to me anyway with that single video. But in the description of the video it makes it sound like its a massive expansion/overhaul of the current. I Don't know what to think anymore...

me either.....but at the same time if this is a new game and its far along enough to have a teaser video wouldn't the game have its own teaser website by now? As far as we've seen the logo on the concept art and video both have the w2i.wanmei.com(or whatever it is) which is the original games chinese website. Thats what keeps tripping me up lol ....of course i could be looking at the most insignificant thing about all this. b:chuckle
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Yeah indeed...the video's description suggests it's a massive overhaul to the current PW game... on the other hand, reading the broken translation of the Wanmei page, it sounds more like a new game. It mentions something about the battle system and six races...

I just can't really believe they'd do such a huge update to the current PW because that would be a lot of work when it'd be easier to start from scratch with the same/similar elements/concepts as current PW.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • w34kd0g
    edited September 2014
    Options

It's what the uploader thinks, did JD and FW get new battle systems too or? If they did then this might be an expansion
  • rawrepicfail
    rawrepicfail Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    w34kd0g wrote: »
    It's what the uploader thinks, did JD and FW get new battle systems too or? If they did then this might be an expansion

JD as far as I know did get a graphics update, and the very short time that i was playing fw there was talk of a "FW 2" going around and at the time they weren't sure if this was a new fw or an expansion like we have no idea. and no FW hasn't received whats been called "FW 2".
  • w34kd0g
    edited September 2014
    Options
    JD as far as I know did get a graphics update, and the very short time that i was playing fw there was talk of a "FW 2" going around and at the time they weren't sure if this was a new fw or an expansion like we have no idea. and no FW hasn't received whats been called "FW 2".

Graphic update isn't whats unlikely for this game, the new combat is. They would have to rework so many skills, I don't think it would be worth it for an old game like this
  • xxhealbillyxx
    xxhealbillyxx Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    That video doesn't tell us anything. First of all, it's for something in China, in Chinese. Shows some logo and something in Chinese, ends with the words Perfect World. I also play Blacklight, all the servers say Perfect World so whoopty frigging do let's all assume a couple vague screen shots and an 40 second Chinese video mean PW2 is on the horizon.
    Even if PW2 does drop in the near future, it would probably hit China first, then they Americanize it like they do this game, and it too will be riddled with conversion problems and content differences. And it will be just like PWI, but with better graphics that most won't be able to run anyway.

b:chuckle
  • artidones2012
    artidones2012 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    New expansion :D

It speaks of six races and 12 classess :D
    Perfect World 2 is an expansion, 09/24/2014 will be proven!
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    According to the comments, a lot of people is mad at this expansion. Looks like PWE changed something important and china playerbase is pissed off.

Would be nice to know what is the problem.b:surrender
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Now I'm confused. Is this a -real- expansion/upgrade or.....
    Gameplay video when? I want to see how these new classes interact with their environment and how the older races are faring with all of the incoming "new" things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • A_newb - Archosaur
    A_newb - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I been playing since closed beta 2008.

If they make PW more of an action (martial arts) game, I will not bother with a new game.

If this is an expansion thou, I am intrigued to see what new content it brings.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't assume anything about gameplay based off the teaser video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_QVwYdKds

That video was about nation wars.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    ....the new teaser video looks so terribly bad it's comical, oh dear b:chuckle
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    They just better not mess around with the Venomancer class! Well, I'd be sad for Clerics too since I play one a lot..but if there are new classes >.> just a bit reluctant about it since we know how the class balance is in this game (I know it's mostly about gear but there are a few skills that should be tweaked...)

^ provided it's true we're getting new classes and this is an expansion and not a new game
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I heard a while ago that they were upgrading pwi's game engine to the (angelica 3?) Regardless of the name could this be an update due to that? Either way this will be something i'll be keeping my eye on.
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I heard a while ago that they were upgrading pwi's game engine to the (angelica 3?) Regardless of the name could this be an update due to that? Either way this will be something i'll be keeping my eye on.

They didn't mention "Angelica III" but instead, "Shadowlands III". I am not sure if they were referring to the same engine as Angelica like they did with Saint Seiya online before, stating "Athena engine" but it was actually powered by the same Angelica III engine. but on the other hand it seems that the essence of the new shadowlands engine was to make a major overhaul on PW2's combat system. They started mentioning "action" combat which will be powered by Shadowlands III engine etc. here's the update. http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140902/73479.shtml It's really difficult to understand the way google translate it lol
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

They both look so cool and sexy!b:thanks

I hope it's expansion and not a new game because;

1-My pc can't handle two enormous games (PWI and this one)

2-No one would play it.

3-We really need a new expansion.

4-I'm OCD about numbers. We would have 6 races so I can divide them by 2 :3
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I hope it's another game. Why do we need more races? We already have a lot, existing ones cover every possible purpose in game and many of them are easily replaceable. Those who long for new races won't be satisfied even if 20 new races are implemented. I'm pretty sure most of them haven't played properly every class we got atm b:chuckle

By the way it can be concept art of NPCs or mobs/bosses, I still see more doubts and speculation and no real proof and certainty of what's coming out b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊