APS Barb capability example

Options
13»

Comments

• Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If you are going to consider pvp, I would recommend to start working towards R9, because it is endgame gear.

TT99 LA is really bad for defences; When you replace those with R9recast, you will notice a massive boost in defences. You will be able to mow down world boss, face-tank stelllation in TT3-3, without hp charm, pots and with nofks given. But you will have to get at either the interval tome or double int fist/claw before getting rid of both TT99 LA. So, you will end up with R9rr arm, boots, legs (for the 3piece bonus), TT99 HA Neck+Belt, lunar cape, with either tome or double int fist/claw, at 3.33base aps or 5.0sparked.

Also, R9rr will increase your damage output, with 3%crit for 2 piece bonus, and 100str on 3piece bonus.

At this point, you can farm whatever you want, finish r9rr for pvp, or build more damage if you feel like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pachwenko
    pachwenko Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Just wanted to say that aps barbs are awesome! If I ever did TT again I would use it, ever since FSP came out I went full str and +12d my r9 wep. I dont really notice a difference in damage if i go in tiger and just auto attack + spark as long as the boss dies in 3 sparks because then Ill have to recharge genie and apoth. Obviously for Fsp and uch you spam skills and with my gear not many can take aggro when I just go full dding, maybe seen 3 or 4 people take it from me and hold it and they were all sins lol. In warsong i can spark and aps and unless the sin is +11 wep or better I will still keep agro by auto attacking.

But dont invest too much money in your aps if you plan to get r9 anything, as it is the best youll get and can only realise that untill you have it. I regret getting aps instead of r9, but it still is fun is I ever did farming again but it seems that will never happen again. Just some advice!
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    pachwenko wrote: »
    Just wanted to say that aps barbs are awesome! If I ever did TT again I would use it, ever since FSP came out I went full str and +12d my r9 wep. I dont really notice a difference in damage if i go in tiger and just auto attack + spark as long as the boss dies in 3 sparks because then Ill have to recharge genie and apoth. Obviously for Fsp and uch you spam skills and with my gear not many can take aggro when I just go full dding, maybe seen 3 or 4 people take it from me and hold it and they were all sins lol. In warsong i can spark and aps and unless the sin is +11 wep or better I will still keep agro by auto attacking.

But dont invest too much money in your aps if you plan to get r9 anything, as it is the best youll get and can only realise that untill you have it. I regret getting aps instead of r9, but it still is fun is I ever did farming again but it seems that will never happen again. Just some advice!

I dont regret getting APS instead of R9. I do however regret overestimatig the amount of time it takes to get R9 and therefore indeed investing too much in pre-R9 stuff.

And yeah, i never do TT anymore either. Restatting to pure strength did crosss my mind, but it would provide only about 10% more dmg output (less probably since im almost always sparked) with the axe and the extra added chance to hit my enemies isnt that bad anyway. :) And APS is needed for TM lunar runs which is my income these days.

Surprises me you dont lose agro to archers. So i do a few % less dmg than you (if we are equally build for the rest) I lose agro in FSP rarely too, but archers are definately and by far the most common agro stealers.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.