Perfect World 2 in development

Options

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    In the link to the forum posts about it, they keep calling it perfect international.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Imo the arts from those pages did not show any similarity to the game we're playing right now other than the purple fox. It's bad news if they're focusing on that new game, they might not spend much time developing new stuffs for current version of Perfect World. Too early to tell though, it's still in concept art, not actual 3d rendered or screenshot from the game.
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Are we going to get new classes? O.o
    And I hope it's an expansion not a new game.

Yeah, and whips will be finally implemented b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Imo the arts from those pages did not show any similarity to the game we're playing right now other than the purple fox. It's bad news if they're focusing on that new game, they might not spend much time developing new stuffs for current version of Perfect World. Too early to tell though, it's still in concept art, not actual 3d rendered or screenshot from the game.

Already a good chance of them ingoring PWI anyways; if I remember right, when PWE did their stockholders meeting about a year and a half ago they counted PWI as being monetized in 5 years from start to finish. And considering we're about to hit the 6th year, it's not as if they'd have reason to really care. They got the amount of time they expected, everything after that is just extra.

At that point they'll wait to see whether there is any money left to drain out of it. If not, they scrap it and focus on other efforts.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Anybody else notice one video is from 2007 and the other from 2010? Just gonna throw that out there...

Housing system is older than time, OP linked it for unknown reasons...
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Already a good chance of them ingoring PWI anyways; if I remember right, when PWE did their stockholders meeting about a year and a half ago they counted PWI as being monetized in 5 years from start to finish. And considering we're about to hit the 6th year, it's not as if they'd have reason to really care. They got the amount of time they expected, everything after that is just extra.

At that point they'll wait to see whether there is any money left to drain out of it. If not, they scrap it and focus on other efforts.

Really good posts like this in this thread make me really question whether or not I should bother saving up for the pet I dreamed of as a little veno ie harpy. OTL despite that when I look at the pages linked personally it just looks like an upcoming update.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear
    _Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

I have talked to a Chinese friend of mine in game (who came from playing Chinese server) about this topic and he told me that they're just making a new game that's based on some novel and it has nothing to do with us.

EDIT: I showed him the 2nd link where it has article on it, now he says it's actually related to us xDD some big changes with expanding map, new classes, too many things but it'll still take months/years to finish anyway.
    I asked if this is going to be a complete new separate game or just a huge update for ours, and he says not sure yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fashionista wife of Sayphat b:cute
    New name is Shiirahoshi :3
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

I have talked to a Chinese friend of mine in game (who came from playing Chinese server) about this topic and he told me that they're just making a new game that's based on some novel and it has nothing to do with us.

He could be referring to Legend Of The Condor Heroes: ZERO Online, which is another game by Perfect World Beijing being developed in China based on Louis Cha's novel like Swordsman. Perfect World <-- I don't remember this game being an MMO based on a certain novel other than Jade Dynasty, Legend of martial arts, ether saga, etc.
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

EDIT: I showed him the 2nd link where it has article on it, now he says it's actually related to us xDD some big changes with expanding map, new classes, too many things but it'll still take months/years to finish anyway.
    I asked if this is going to be a complete new separate game or just a huge update for ours, and he says not sure yet.

new classes b:pleased
    gimme more!

Google Translate says new classes could be;

Swordsman(really? we already have BMs. Seekers can only use swords, I don't see a point in this class)/Monk (makes sense)

and

Killer (sounds similiar to Assassin but I think they will translate it something like "Reaper")/Conjurer(no idea about this one, another glass canon or what?).

Can't wait for more information!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    just make seeker stronger and all shall be fine >_> b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    just make seeker stronger and all shall be fine >_> b:cute

B-but..we're already game-breakingly strong. ;)
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    would be nice to pull the plug on this version,we need something new.Our current game is like stuffing a old pillow with more feathers with a hole on the otherside.

But warning this game has a lot of foreign players(people out of the usa)and I predict a lot of mass suicides and riots.
  • Nival - Morai
    Nival - Morai Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    New opening video : http://my.tv.sohu.com/us/118674019/73390084.shtml%3Cimg%20src=/
    And new game logo: http://savepic.org/5990664.jpg .

(Maybe that's not true. We are waiting for the official announcement of the update in China.)
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Since last year's "Perfect World" announced "archosaurs studio" after the handover, the players on the "Perfect World 2" R & D is looking forward to, after a year of silence, "Perfect World" really at the end of the dawn began to action. 17,173 reporters after a multi inquire, and finally get some harvest, get a lot of set chart and everyone tasting.

Who set the exposure maps and game styles differ greatly in the past, and so much the number, is not that the game will have drastic change? Which appeared in Lolita and image is too, it is difficult to say whether there will be major changes in the race and career, perhaps "Perfect World 2" really want to come.
    This is not talking about a new version of PWI from scratch. It IS talking about "Perfect World 2", which IS OUR VERSION of Perfect World, PWI.

It also mentioned Archosaurs Studio. Perhaps they have been working on a real re-working of PWI? Or a real expansion, as this last bit hardly qualifies in the eyes of most people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    >TFW Its Happening
    >PW1 Closes after another two years
    >PW2 comes
    >Players hyped to play despite all the **** we've had to deal with
    >History repeats itself and sooner or later
    >Power is sold directly in the boutique after a couple years of PW2's lifespan...if not from Day 1
    Quit complaining. I Mean Jesus. Complain complain complain. I mean, For you to be on their forums and lvl'ed a psyic to 100+ PWI must be doing SOMETHING right.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Quit complaining. I Mean Jesus. Complain complain complain. I mean, For you to be on their forums and lvl'ed a psyic to 100+ PWI must be doing SOMETHING right.

>Complaining

>Not Doomsaying for fun

Sure thing m8

Though what keeps me here is mostly goal/art related, honestly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It wouldn't be that hard for them to crank out a PWI 2 in a matter of a year using the already existing game mechanics of swordsman online.

Swordsman online is angelica 3- which is already an upgrade to PWI's game engine.

They have 10 classes, 2 of which are gender locked (the 5 vemons uses a whip, the shai uses a large weapon) and if you studied each school they already resemble PWI type classes in game play.

Marriages, cuddles (added more player vs player interactions) shared mounts.(same sex can hold hands and share mounts now too)

The world art is already Asian based, so with a little work on animations, and races they could have a completely new PWI version.

Most of PWI's "new content" was test content for building swordsman.
    re
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It wouldn't be that hard for them to crank out a PWI 2 in a matter of a year using the already existing game mechanics of swordsman online.

Swordsman online is angelica 3- which is already an upgrade to PWI's game engine.

They have 10 classes, 2 of which are gender locked (the 5 vemons uses a whip, the shai uses a large weapon) and if you studied each school they already resemble PWI type classes in game play.

Marriages, cuddles (added more player vs player interactions) shared mounts.(same sex can hold hands and share mounts now too)

The world art is already Asian based, so with a little work on animations, and races they could have a completely new PWI version.

Most of PWI's "new content" was test content for building swordsman.

Except one is pure fantasy, different world with imaginary creation gods, while the other is inspired from a rl novel depicting a romanticized version of ancient China.
    Also, one has races based on descendants from said creation god while the other has a single race of humans.
    Another thing, they are based off mechanics extremely different from one another (rock-paper-scissors vs. fantasy based attack from anywhere pew pew I can teleport through walls and I can attack through them as well).
    Lastly, the classes are based off martial arts in one while the other has classes based on ermmm probably made out fantasy (except venomancers and barbarians, I'd say, since those have lore in ancient Chinese myth).
    Other than that, same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Except one is pure fantasy, different world with imaginary creation gods, while the other is inspired from a rl novel depicting a romanticized version of ancient China.
    Also, one has races based on descendants from said creation god while the other has a single race of humans.
    Another thing, they are based off mechanics extremely different from one another (rock-paper-scissors vs. fantasy based attack from anywhere pew pew I can teleport through walls and I can attack through them as well).
    Lastly, the classes are based off martial arts in one while the other has classes based on ermmm probably made out fantasy (except venomancers and barbarians, I'd say, since those have lore in ancient Chinese myth).
    Other than that, same thing.

I never claimed they were identical. However they can use what is already there as the base with MINOR changes to skill FX, races, story line, the martial arts in the game, while claiming to be martial arts, still play with melee/caster style...its not like you just bang bang kun-foo the whole time.

While one is fantasy and the other not, swordsman is still "magical" in mechanics, and defy all physics, that would be required to keep PWI fantasy where it is aligned.

The rock paper scissors is actually closer to pwi then you think. while PWI uses magic/physical as base attributes, swordsman just rewords it and uses endo/exo same effect in defenses and attacks, they also use the elemental tree used in PWI -poison, fire,ice, earth etc,

Swordsman carries the same group dynamics too, tank/dps/healer (the male gender lock is the tank even, imagine that)

So yea, they could easily turn swordsman into PWI 2....
    re
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So whats the conclusion on this so far? Is it a potential overhaul of the current game or simply something different altogether?

I'm not sure if I should be excited or not.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So whats the conclusion on this so far? Is it a potential overhaul of the current game or simply something different altogether?

I'm not sure if I should be excited or not.b:cry

Well...as far as Swordsman goes one can predict that we will see a major graphical overhaul for PWI, thats all. Many stated before that the chinese sources are referring to this as Perfect World 2 which is our version of the game.

All they have to dois exchange the textures and update the engine. Look at Swordsman. It looks nearly identical to PWI cept that it's way better looking. Even the whole art is kinda the same. Still, while Swordsman looks good and all it's still no match for other, existing MMOs out there. NEver the less I woul dlove to see PWI getting updated graphically and one can only hope that they try their best to eradicate most of the existing bugs on the same try xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Well...as far as Swordsman goes one can predict that we will see a major graphical overhaul for PWI, thats all. Many stated before that the chinese sources are referring to this as Perfect World 2 which is our version of the game.

All they have to dois exchange the textures and update the engine. Look at Swordsman. It looks nearly identical to PWI cept that it's way better looking. Even the whole art is kinda the same. Still, while Swordsman looks good and all it's still no match for other, existing MMOs out there. NEver the less I woul dlove to see PWI getting updated graphically and one can only hope that they try their best to eradicate most of the existing bugs on the same try xD

Actually swrdsman has the highest rating than most all other MMOs on the graphical, and game physics level.

Ragdoll features
    Real time texture flow on characters
    world physic/player interaction

Are three features combined in one game, the top three most recent popular releases don't have together.
    re
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Actually swrdsman has the highest rating than most all other MMOs on the graphical, and game physics level.

Ragdoll features
    Real time texture flow on characters
    world physic/player interaction

Are three features combined in one game, the top three most recent popular releases don't have together.

He's right though in that you aren't hearing the same mainstream noise over Swordsman as you are with the other big MMOs include one soon to be released.

Could have something to do with the reputation of the "publisher" involved, perhaps ? b:spit
  • Saibai - Raging Tide
    Saibai - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Its another gameb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saibai 103/102/100 Celestial Sage Mystic (main)b:victory
    Saiichi 101/100 Celestial Sage Cleric
    Saijou 100 Demon Sin
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited August 2014
    Options
    maestro121 wrote: »
    He's right though in that you aren't hearing the same mainstream noise over Swordsman as you are with the other big MMOs include one soon to be released.

Could have something to do with the reputation of the "publisher" involved, perhaps ? b:spit

Heh, yes, is shame the PWE company has taken some of these nice titles, and game productions and turned them in to money sinks P2W extremes, now anything with a PWE tag on it, get totally ignored in reviews, and game discussions.
    re
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Official news http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140901/73471.shtml

Perfect World 2 on Shadowlands III engine with 6 races coming b:bye
  • Patrimpas - Dreamweaver
    Patrimpas - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    So if I understood correctly, it will be a completely new game, nothing to do with the present.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    That's the idea I'm getting from that post too.

If that's the case, I'll take a look and try it out just for the heck of it. Provided they keep the Venomancer class otherwise I'm not interested. I need tails.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Official news http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140901/73471.shtml

Perfect World 2 on Shadowlands III engine with 6 races coming b:bye

Totally different game, huh? Good, I'll at least try it out for the sake of the story and something new. Whether I stay for it or not will depend on how quickly PWE decides to turn it into a cash cow to bleed out. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|