[Maintenance Discussion - Updated]-8-19-14 COMPLETE

Comments

• Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You would have had to pass the 'arc:1' parameter to the patcher to use the manual patch - but you might as well just wait for arc to do it for you now.

Not true. I patched same as I always do. Download patch, open patch, done.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2014
    wlzza82 wrote: »
    I've just read the patch notes and there's no mention of increasing nuema and passive levels. Just want to confirm if that is true, nuema and passives will not be increased? Thanks :D
    Yes, those are being increased. Sorry, they got missed when I was compiling the patch notes. I'll write myself a note to add them later.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Thilina - Archosaur
    Thilina - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    but that is the problem..it is when i open and the launcher pop up..then it just update like there was no patch.

It did the same for me. Then I did the thing with the manual button and it showed client version as 808. It also asked me to relaunch the launcher to verify or whatever and now it says "server not available". I'm assuming that's cause they are updating the servers.
  • Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    Aziza_Atori - Archosaur Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    YESSS!! Made the patcher work.. ty Thilinab:cute
    Aziza_Atori: 102 sage mystic
    Aziza_Amina: currently fail 91 sage cleric
    And a lot of alts...
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep thanks Thilina, did the trick for me too.
  • surtr
    edited August 2014
    Here are the manual patch links:

EN:
    783-808
    801-808

DE:
    293-319
    312-319

FR:
    253-276
    269-276
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Surtr is on the ball...LIKE A BOSS!! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rayne_ - Harshlands
    Rayne_ - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    inagi wrote: »
    Why not make a human type LA class that either uses a staff as focus or a spear as focus.. The Buddhist Monks of China have long since made the ash wood staff famous for its beauty, grace, range and power.

This is a great idea. The only problem I see with my theory is an overabundance of physical classes compared to magic classes. Perhaps at least 2 races, say Elves or Earthguard, could have an additional magic class to compensate.

It would be nice if the developers would create something to expand PVP that didn't involve new skills.
    "What man would go into the dark without a light?"
    "That's a silly question. What man would go into the dark?"
  • Thilina - Archosaur
    Thilina - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    YESSS!! Made the patcher work.. ty Thilinab:cute
    Yep thanks Thilina, did the trick for me too.

You are very welcome guys. Now the long long wait. b:surrender
  • BlastFlare - Dreamweaver
    BlastFlare - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maintenance Question: If you could have any type of creature as a new race, what would you pick and why?

The Glasure People would be cannon with the enviornment, make the melee one a speedster with throw-able polelances and pikes. Maybe make the second class a caster class... but make it dex based with a melee weapon as well... Fist and Claw? sure! an Ice monk or something. There is all ready a "Magic like" melee class. There is too much magic, and not enough light armor and heavy armor classes.

Might as well make the starter city north of snowy vilage just because it would make sence. AND put a 73 meter wall up around it too, just because. b:laugh
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Some info on the Territory Resources War stuff from an NPC. Someone should make a content update sticky so I could post the info there. From the rule description I have a feeling this event will be sin dominated...

Participate in the Territory Resources War to purchase Runestones of Protection from me. You may also trade me your Soldiers' Pay for prizes.

(Marshals and higher can activate Faction Plunder between 20:00-20:15. Only Factions who have activated Faction Plunder may plunder other Factions' Transport Carts and Resource Bases.)
    The Event will activate PK mode for all players. Killing players will not turn your name red, and no items, EXP, or Guardian Scrolls will be dropped or lost upon death.

You may only participate in the Territory Resources War with your Faction.
    During the event, Resource Points will appear in your Faction's territory. The more territories your Faction owns, the more resource points will appear. Transport Carts will transport resources from your resource points to your resource base. Plunder as many resources you can from other Factions, while keeping them away from your own Resource Base.
    The Event will activate PK mode for all players. Killing players will not turn your name red, and no items, EXP, or Guardian Scrolls will be dropped or lost upon death

What is the Territory Resources War?
    1. Every Wednesday or Thursday night from 20:00 - 21:00 (Event occurs once per week, randomly on Wednesday or Thursday)
    2. All territories must be claimed before the event begins.
    3. Must be at least LV30 to participate, and only members of Factions with a Base may participate.

Activating and Participating in the Event
    1. Members of territory-owning Factions may activate "Plunder Mode" during the event. In this mode, the Faction name above members' heads will turn white. Players may use items to protect their own Faction's Transport Carts, and can destroy other Factions' Transport Carts and Resource Bases to plunder their resources.
    2. From 20:00-20:15, the Marshals (or higher authority) of Factions who have a Base but do not own territories may speak with the Territory Resources Manager in their Base to activate Plunder Mode.

Resource Plundering Rules
    1. Factions who own territories will receive a certain amount of resources at the beginning of the event, according to how many territories they own.
    2. When Transport Carts reach the Resource Base, all Faction members will receive the resources from the cart. Each resource point can provide 200 Transport Carts.
    3. Players can destroy other Factions' Transport Carts, and all members will receive the resources from that cart.
    4. The more territories a Faction owns, the more resources their Transport Carts can transport. Of course, they will also lose more resources if their Transport Cart is destroyed.
    5. Players can destroy other Factions' Resource Bases to directly claim that territory's resource points and all remaining resources.
    6. Each Faction may only plunder a certain number of Transport Carts and Resource Bases. Once they've plundered the maximum amount, they will be unable to plunder any more resources.
    7. When in a party, the points received will belong to the party leader's Faction.

Collecting Prizes
    Any of the following players may collect a prize:
    1. Players who have destroyed Transport Carts or Resource Bases, as well as their fellow Faction members (different parties are also eligible, but there are max distance limits).
    2. Players who have killed the player who activated Plunder Mode, in a territory that still contains a Resource Base.
    3. Players who used a "Runestone of Protection" on their Transport Cart.

Calculating Prizes
    The prizes will be calculated according to the Faction's resources and number of participants. The higher your title in the Faction, the more prizes you'll receive.

Sending Prizes
    After the event ends, eligible players will receive their "Soldiers' Pay" in their mail. Soldiers' Pay can be exchanged for various items with the Territory Resources Manager in the Faction Base.

So I'm trying to get my head around this cause it sounds like fun. I'm in a very inactivate faction with a good base and no territories.

At the right time, I'm guessing there will some sort of notification - maybe red spam or something - to tell everyone which territories were activated into 'Plunder Mode'.

Lets say 5 factions activate this mode and I'm guessing we can then see it by looking at the map?

Anyway, me and any other factions with a base can then activate our 'Plunder Mode' and go to those territories and either try and find the transport carts or the bases and try to destroy them?

Does this mean more than one faction can go destroying carts in a territory? If my faction is inactive and I destroy 5 carts, I'm also wondering if the rewards get split up throughout my faction or only to the people participating - this could mean the difference between leaving your inactivate members in the faction in case they show up one day, or kicking them all out, in order to maximise my own rewards.

Sounds interesting either way..........
  • BountyHuntr - Raging Tide
    BountyHuntr - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    [

Maintenance Question: If you could have any type of creature as a new race, what would you pick and why?

a flying creature that has certian skills from each class can use ranged and melee and mag weapons depending on skills aquired and stats but has pros and cons to what it can have as skills so to be evenly balanced
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014

I would pick this.#throwbackthursday

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I'm trying to get my head around this cause it sounds like fun. I'm in a very inactivate faction with a good base and no territories.

At the right time, I'm guessing there will some sort of notification - maybe red spam or something - to tell everyone which territories were activated into 'Plunder Mode'.

Lets say 5 factions activate this mode and I'm guessing we can then see it by looking at the map?

Anyway, me and any other factions with a base can then activate our 'Plunder Mode' and go to those territories and either try and find the transport carts or the bases and try to destroy them?

Does this mean more than one faction can go destroying carts in a territory? If my faction is inactive and I destroy 5 carts, I'm also wondering if the rewards get split up throughout my faction or only to the people participating - this could mean the difference between leaving your inactivate members in the faction in case they show up one day, or kicking them all out, in order to maximise my own rewards.

As your faction has no territories, from what I have read and understood you can only plunder from other factions with territories. And from how I understood, the rewards are awarded according to rank inside faction, kinda like tigers and class. So it wouldnt really make sense people in faction, who dont participate, get part of the rewards. Still wordings used might also work otherwise.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
    edited August 2014
    im updateing now
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well...Sky Cover and Cloud Stir upgrade now for either pdef or magdef...WTF...that will make the prices skyrocket through the roof. Now I need a sky Cover for mag def...ffs.

Still, nice update tho. And anything official revolving around the gold cap increase that has been roumored? Ty in Advance Sutr or sparkie.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • kelkonerrii
    kelkonerrii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why is Place of Origin being removed? I really enjoyed it. Plus, I have hypers on the exhaustion time. Does it pause during maintenance?
  • Waqar - Lost City
    Waqar - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Anyone got link for what new rings we getting?
  • noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You are very welcome guys. Now the long long wait. b:surrender

lol my auto patcher is working fine for me :p

its taking forever but like you said long wait anyway b:laugh
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Anyone got link for what new rings we getting?

Mag ring 1 (refines physical defense)
    Mag ring 2 (refines magical defense)
    Phy ring 1 (refines physical defense)
    Phy ring 2 (refines magical defense)

Stats are:
    Magic ring:
    -6 channel
    +3% crit rate
    +10 vitality
    +2 attack level
    Physical ring:
    +50% accuracy
    +3% crit rate
    +10 vitality
    +2 attack level

The difference between the mag rings and the phy rings is that you can choose which stat it refines.
    1 refines as pdef, the other refines as mdef.

More info:
    To craft any of them you need an item, which (surprise) only comes from packs:
    Click here
    2 new packs (i'm sure we'll get 1 of the 2 soon), both with a WHOPPING CHANCE of 0.001% to drop said item. If you want one of these rings, good luck.

Surtr;
    Maybe an idea to include this in your patch notes, or somewhere where people can easily read this instead of page 15 of this thread?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • surtr
    edited August 2014

Most territories are active when Resource Wars start (which ones exactly are determined semi-randomly based on who controls what and how many territories). After 15 minutes you can turn on Plunder Mode at your faction base, which will allow your faction to get rewards for destroying carts and bases. Factions that already own territories will have Plunder Mode active automatically when the Resource Wars start.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mag ring 1 (refines physical defense)
    Magic ring refined for physical defence is what all mages have been dreaming about since the beginning of the game b:dirty Finally it happened lol

Though in our case I don't think it's any longer necessary, they hit hard enough with physical rings.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • picolo08
    picolo08 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    First human response. Because I'm rarely first on the maintenance pages. :-P

Was going to tell you off, for saying *male players using female characters, don`t flirt with me* but then i realized that, you just want to be flirted with by male chars, so i`m cool with that. Haha b:laughb:pleasedb:kiss
    edited August 2014
    client updated but cannot log into server any idea y that might be
  • manyak0090
    manyak0090 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    what server offline ?
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Servers wont be up for a good while, unless they say. All we can do is update.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
    edited August 2014
    i just hope mog are still on sale when i get on qq
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Magic ring refined for physical defence is what all mages have been dreaming about since the beginning of the game b:dirty Finally it happened lol

Though in our case I don't think it's any longer necessary, they hit hard enough with physical rings.

the problem is,that it has 3 atk lvl and 2 def lvl less than our current rings :/ worth it? considering the cost of refining it all again..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited August 2014
    on a new note new place is now live but servers are down what sense does that make and i cant hop into a game if i cant login to the server b:sadb:cry
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the problem is,that it has 3 atk lvl and 2 def lvl less than our current rings :/ worth it? considering the cost of refining it all again..
    Yes, I will not replace my star's destiny right away (or maybe even never), but those who haven't got any ring yet, this can be a considerable choice and surely much better for pve.

Overall,
    3 attk lvl + 2 def lvl
    vs
    160 matck + 10 vit + 6% channeling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
This discussion has been closed.