edited August 2014
    Options
    this is nab question. but how do we do manual patch? b:surrender
  • TheConsumer - Raging Tide
    TheConsumer - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    not from what i gather, just an extension of sky level, no RA required

O man is thats True then it be perfect no wasting time doing pointless FC runs
  • TechDawg - Sanctuary
    TechDawg - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I apologize if this has been addressed already or if I've missed it but does anyone know if this patch will include the rest of the levels for the Primal Passive Skills?
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I apologize if this has been addressed already or if I've missed it but does anyone know if this patch will include the rest of the levels for the Primal Passive Skills?

Yes. :)
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Ok so Sweetiebot linked the patch on the first page, I've downloaded and installed why does my client still say 801?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheConsumer - Raging Tide
    TheConsumer - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Ok so Sweetiebot linked the patch on the first page, I've downloaded and installed why does my client still say 801?

Server is in maintainance, its better if you just wait if u dont know what your doing
  • imnotwraith
    imnotwraith Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    yea im having the same problem downloaded the manual patch downloaded it and wont open. b:surrender
  • PeachPandora - Sanctuary
    PeachPandora - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question: If you could have any type of creature as a new race, what would you pick and why?

Vampire - with three alignments Good, Evil, and Neutral. This new race would be Magic based but would also have great physical strengh qualities as well. Some of the abilities of the vampire maybe would be (in PvP) varying skills that sap HP and/or Mana from their opponent. I have lots other ideas about this potential class too. Why? Well, because I think they would be awesome and also appeal to many other players. What do you think, y'all? Its been a long while since they introduced a new class to PWI (New Horizons)
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Server is in maintainance, its better if you just wait if u dont know what your doing

I realise it's in maintenance hence why I installed the patch after it started. Granted it's been a while since I've manually patched while the server is down (because of my timezone), the patch used to sort and show the correct version even while the server was in maintenance, but it's not hence my question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imnotwraith
    imnotwraith Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I realise it's in maintenance hence why I installed the patch after it started. Granted it's been a while since I've manually patched while the server is down (because of my timezone), the patch used to sort and show the correct version even while the server was in maintenance, but it's not hence my question

having the same problem.

Usually you just run the manual patch and it sorts it in the launcher :\
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question: If you could have any type of creature as a new race, what would you pick and why?

Well we have Humans, Beasts, Elves, Fish, Undead/Cursed.

I'd vote on some sort of Dragon-kind. Why? Because they would be the next Tank/Damage class.
    They're one class can be similar to Barbarians where they're able to transform into some sort of dragon like being. And their magic class could be something along the lines of heavy magic users similar to Psychics but consists of mainly fire magic.

Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yadra - Archosaur
    Yadra - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    "*The Guardian Scroll sale pop-up has been removed."

I already love this update!!! b:pleased
    Currently 104/103/102
  • Sakujyo - Heavens Tear
    Sakujyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    yea im having the same problem downloaded the manual patch downloaded it and wont open. b:surrender

You would have had to pass the 'arc:1' parameter to the patcher to use the manual patch - but you might as well just wait for arc to do it for you now.
  • Megilu - Lost City
    Megilu - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    b:laugh a serpent/dragonish race would be cool

have them be la/ha

la being ranged with poisons and venom's and such

ha being more bruteish like a melee fighter
  • rayapresbe1
    rayapresbe1 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I would like to see a class of wraith defectives come to the side of Pangu,

say a class such as a seer and a necro

the necro can only use dead wraiths to fight and the seer can only manipulate live wraiths to fight for them a limit of two per class

all their spells except the first spell given revolve around time their influence over the wraith lasts and how long the wraith can live,how much damage they do and how well they can survive in battle such as armor points evasion, ect

the class necro would depend on its life or a leach spell cast on other wraiths to feed its minion

the class seer would have to influence or hypnotize a wraith to attack for it, and cast buffs on the hypnotized wraith to make them stronger and loyalty to last longer.

Storyline:
    in the beginning you as a wraith are charged to kill one of the races inhabiting perfect world, given no true reason why, and to start you observe your enemy, see no reason to kill them, so you defect to the nearest city or city of your choice and talk to the elder, to prove your worth you have to bring back plans of the wraith attack on city. then have to kill the invading army of the wraiths then have to raid supplies of the wraiths, and so on till level 20 when you speak to general sumner about joining the fight against the wraith armies.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Morai is the awnser. Come on. I PvP with you all (: so dw about lack of Pvp! Come here!!!!

K.
    Tell me server transfer stone comes out. If good goes above 4m this game will die. There's not enough people atm for it to be even worth playing. Most people just afk till the weekend botting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This is probably the most impressive update in a long time and I sincerely look forward to seeing it...hopefully with no more glitches *fingers and toes crossed* With that being said....we need a new tank class to compete with barbs, like a shield-bear class xD. Also a new dex class since there are almost none would be cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saibai - Raging Tide
    Saibai - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The Zhulong people
    They illuminate the world with their neon eyes and cities. Known for their advances in technology the Zhulong people harnessed guns, grenades and shields to deal with the Wraiths growing threat. When Pan Gu flooded the world they ran for their underground cities and the very shields that protected them from the flood trapped them. In the mountains most remain in stasis while their scientist work and they wait. Wait for the day they breach their shields and return back into the sun.

Features:
    • Neon glowing eyes
    • Scale like quality to skin
    • Horns

Element:
    • Air
    • Fire

Physical class:
    • Role: Phy DPS/ semi tanker
    • Wep: guns

Magical class:
    • Role: Mag DPS
    • Wep: Bombs

Reference to Chinese mythology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhulong_%28mythology%29
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saibai 103/102/100 Celestial Sage Mystic (main)b:victory
    Saiichi 101/100 Celestial Sage Cleric
    Saijou 100 Demon Sin
  • xordaii
    xordaii Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Draconian race, ha and la or ha and aa would be awesome ideas. I collect dragons... so any suggestion containing dragons gets my attention. Wouldn't have to turn into dragons, but would be cool to be scaly, have choice of frills, tails, or breath attacks. Or maybe not, cant see how to implement that last.

I also like the idea of a naga or tengu. Although... have no idea how the naga would ride mounts.

Naga would be a half snake race, either human from neck up or waist up. Maybe transforming to naga form from human in water, with more water-type areas? (Veno water pets really need some uses and loving. Pets her Wicked Teeth.)

Tengu is a bird race, another that could fly early like the elves, maybe? Maybe with wind-themed skills, like pushbacks and draw the enemy in skills.

Would second the idea of female barbs and male venos.

If we are talking about another magic using class... thought elementalist would be cool. Summons of diff elementals, similar to the mystic pets, but not as strong in dd as the wiz. Maybe roll of debuffer/cast group elemental shields?

If you want to keep it all human-like races/non-beast... Shaman/Warrior Types from the Plains? Would love to play a shaman who can turn wolf, just during a short spell, or if the spell turned people into wolves and could run faster! (Dodges, yes i know it been done). Or spells to turn you into birds so you could fly faster, something to swim faster, but could still access all your skills. Maybe the warrior types are more monks? Weaponless, hand to hand combat preferred for skills. Maybe the shamans have buffs that help too. Minor heals.

Sorry, you ask a question like that... my brain goes hyperdrive. Nighters for me, see you all in the morning!

EDIT: Something to consider, the race of the Queen, the one you get Liu Soo's Plea from. I love her wings and blue skin, and the horns!
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

Some small furry type animal eg: Mouse, Ferrets, Raccoon, Bunny, etc. They would have large globe style eyes, over sized ears and extremely serene expressions on their faces b:cute. They also would not fit in the same height range as the races on now. They would be half the size or shorter. Anf they would walk upright on their hind legs. The facial features and fur color would be changeable and not one set color like barbs. That would cover new race. As for the ones we have ....GO GO FEMALE BARBS AND MALE VENOS b:victory. I will always root for that option. I am not comfortable being a male char in game. Just seems wrong to me lol. b:surrender
  • My__Camry - Heavens Tear
    My__Camry - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Unrelated to maintenance question:

Did anyone get their Dreamchaser / 10 Orb's from a weekend spend promo?
    As I checked my inventory and post inside out and still haven't got it.

Ta.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

GM's:

A mythical race that existed around 7 years ago, went extinct around 4~5 years ago.
    They served to maintain common decensy on servers and uphold the laws of perfect world.
    The reason they went extinct remains a mystery, however it is rumored their higher ups simply don't give a **** anymore and they were moved to other worlds.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • obsceneyouare
    obsceneyouare Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    DWARFS!!! your missing the DWARFS =( slackers
  • Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    Aziza_Atori - Archosaur Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Is there something wrong with the manual patch? When i download it it says update complete waaay too fast for it's size
    Aziza_Atori: 102 sage mystic
    Aziza_Amina: currently fail 91 sage cleric
    And a lot of alts...
  • Rayne_ - Harshlands
    Rayne_ - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If they make any new classes they would have to belong to the races the game already has.
    Each race provides a certain construction item to a faction base, and these items pertain to the 5 element tree the game is based on. Adding a new race doesn't fit into the existing system.

I think new classes would add a lot of long-lasting interest in PVP, bring in many new players as well as keep old players hooked on the game.

Furthermore, it would give developers a chance to make use of items in the game that have been completely abandoned. If they held true to armor types corresponding to the classes we'd have 3 classes per race; one for heavy armor, one for light armor and one for arcane.

The idea of a light armor Untamed using spears is appealing to me, or a heavy armor Tideborn using fists. Maybe it would look silly, but heavy armor Elves using hammers would be fun too. :)
    "What man would go into the dark without a light?"
    "That's a silly question. What man would go into the dark?"
  • Thilina - Archosaur
    Thilina - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Is there something wrong with the manual patch? When i download it it says update complete waaay too fast for it's size

Click the "manual" button (top left) on the launcher and open the patch file you downloaded. Should do the trick. b:victory
  • inagi
    inagi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If we're adding classes to the old races (which makes a huge amount of sense) Why not make a human type LA class that either uses a staff as focus or a spear as focus.. The Buddhist Monks of China have long since made the ash wood staff famous for its beauty, grace, range and power.
  • Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    Aziza_Atori - Archosaur Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Click the "manual" button (top left) on the launcher and open the patch file you downloaded. Should do the trick. b:victory

but that is the problem..it is when i open and the launcher pop up..then it just update like there was no patch.
    Aziza_Atori: 102 sage mystic
    Aziza_Amina: currently fail 91 sage cleric
    And a lot of alts...
This discussion has been closed.