[Maintenance Discussion - Updated]-8-19-14 COMPLETE

Options

Comments

• sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the response.

My main confusion was that, the news post say the content update will be coming on the 19th (Come join us 8/19/2014 when all new content drops!) so I, along with others I believe, assumed maintenance will be on 18th night -> midnight -> 19th is released but what is really happening is 19th night -> midnight -> 20th is released.

I guess just a heads up for the future; perhaps it would be good if you announce the maintence and release day of the update/patch whenever we have content updates/expansions to avoid confusion. Not a huge deal but just saying. b:chuckle

Ya I see you point. Technically the content is available on the 19th, you guys just won't have access to the server to play it! I'll make sure to word that better in the future. b:laugh
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    -Sparkie, having a time conversion link in your post is genius. Kudos. +1.
    Now hopefully people use it for their own convenience...

--
    Maintenance question!... I really really do not want there to be more races and classes in PWI. OTL but as a general theme, the idea of there being a race of *insert antagonist race for game, ie wraiths for pwi* has always seemed fascinating, for reasons of how it would be handled.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • persuazian#2545
    persuazian#2545 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I've just read the patch notes and there's no mention of increasing nuema and passive levels. Just want to confirm if that is true, nuema and passives will not be increased? Thanks :D
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I noticed no mention of the nerfing of primal skills specifically sins that was listed in the forums for cn, did we not get them or were they just not listed?

Thanks
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Shyndrana - Heavens Tear
    Shyndrana - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I wonder if they'll ever make the whole map as nice as the areas showing up since the Earthguard update.

As for the maint question, maybe a race with shorties, like fairies or small animal hybrids like almost every mmo I'm not allowed to mention. I'd like dragons, though. *_*
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Stupid Idea Useing Cloud Stir and Sky Cover for upgraded rings when they already upgraded you should have used the Choas rings since they didnt have a upgrade to them !!! Come on PWI thing about this **** before oooo hey lets use the same thing again instead of using something new. I sware some thing you guys pick are just plain stupid
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Upgraded Sky Cover and Cloud Stir were part of the many NW upgrades we had that China didn't. This patch just gave China an upgrade for them that just happened to be pointless/redundant for us. Not really worth getting upset about.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Calculating Prizes
    The prizes will be calculated according to the Faction's resources and number of participants. The higher your title in the Faction, the more prizes you'll receive.
    If some people who dont even come to TW, come to this just to use their title for a higher prize ima totally call them out on it >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • nzer0
    nzer0 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    *The Guardian Scroll sale pop-up has been removed. Thanks!!!

I pick Teenage Mutant Ninja race
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question: If you could have any type of creature as a new race, what would you pick and why?

Pony race /)^3^(\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question: If you could have any type of creature as a new race, what would you pick and why?

Are we talking PWI race?

If yes than I would like half-wraith for race or maybe descendent of twilight empire.b:chuckle

Btw, are those new recipe for Cloud Stir/Skycover available in PWI database yet? I couldn't find it yet b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • DEATH_TIME - Lost City
    DEATH_TIME - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    you should put gst on sale this update
  • overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    any x2 exp/coins/drops with this big patch?
  • ishtera1970
    ishtera1970 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Actually it would be nice in veno's could choose squirrel ears and tail. As to an actual new character, I would love to see the racoons as pc or even a dark elf. b:cute
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    *Enemy names in Sky Owl Stronghold and Snow Ape Ridge have been updated for consistency.

What does this mean?
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot are the new rings for sky cover on database yet? if so what are the names
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    New race? Dragon race <3. Or better yet, lets finally get male/female counter parts for barbs and veno's.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot are the new rings for sky cover on database yet? if so what are the names
    You could study that for years and still not know the answer. That sounds hypothetical to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Crones - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    Options
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 801-808 634.2MB (664995344 bytes)
    Wow this thing is big!

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    New race? Dragon race <3. Or better yet, lets finally get male/female counter parts for barbs and veno's.

im hoping they add a new heavy armor class that uses polearms in the future
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've found my resolve.
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think these are the new rings:

Sky Cover upgrade#1 (Refines for pdef)
    Sky Cover upgrade#2 (Refines for mdef)
    Cloud Stir upgrade#1 (Refines for pdef)
    Cloud Stir upgrade#2 (Refines for mdef)

When compared to NW upgrade it looks like you trade the NW upgrades' atk/def levels for 10vit and 4 more p/matk and can chose whether it can be refined for physical or magical attack
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    You could study that for years and still not know the answer. That sounds hypothetical to me.

The sad part is, this response makes a certain amount of sense.

Sweetiebot, give 1 point to SweetieBot - Lothranis
    *sighs*

--a better (as in, she gives the answer you want) way to use her to check and see if there's an item on the database would probably be to tell her to craft said item, since she takes her crafting from the database.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

Sweetiebot, give 1 point to SweetieBot - Lothranis
    Veneir - Dreamweaver awards 1 point to SweetieBot - Lothranis!
    SweetieBot - Lothranis is now in 1st place for August 2014 with 6 points (235 points overall).
    Veneir - Dreamweaver can still award another 29 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ★★Mortal Slaughter
    ★★Mortal Manifestation
    ★★Solar Slaughter
    ★★Solar Manifestation
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    Options

★★Mortal Slaughter
    ★★Mortal Manifestation
    ★★Solar Slaughter
    ★★Solar Manifestation

ty Aster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've found my resolve.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    From the looks of those new rings, they're not better than the already Recasted Cloud Stir / Sky Cover... So I'm relieved.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Agreed
  • Hobogin - Heavens Tear
    Hobogin - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Grats to Grim for bein the last tele on HT server...lol
    Thionk the whole thing about the rings is that you can get pdef refines on a mgic ring and magic refines on a phys ring...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheConsumer - Raging Tide
    TheConsumer - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So for this new Boundry Lv ill have to Reawaken again?

Man thats a lot of FCs
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Grats to Grim for bein the last tele on HT server...lol
    Thionk the whole thing about the rings is that you can get pdef refines on a mgic ring and magic refines on a phys ring...

o.O and what that last tele is about

imagining :
    "Hey someone drop an emperor tome" go to pick up....server shutdown b:chuckle
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Hobogin - Heavens Tear
    Hobogin - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Actually Milfee, if Iposted what it said, my post would be removed, but it was semi-funny...
    So for this new Boundry Lv ill have to Reawaken again?

Man thats a lot of FCs

not from what i gather, just an extension of sky level, no RA required
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.