Do archers op?

Options
Shadowvzss - Harshlands
Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Archer
someone said in pwi the archer was considered like OP class, this is true?
if not then what class do you think op (maybe veno?) if coming the 3rd primal?
Post edited by Shadowvzss - Harshlands on

Comments

• Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Nope, not at all in an aspect except if the capability to abuse undergeared people is considered OP.

Archers were OP, 4 years ago.... Now the OP class for endgame pvp is Sin. Period. Perhaps Barb is quite OP as well but that's for a Str barb I'd say...

Imho just sin, sage sin with new Primal skills and maxed gear cards is OP in 1v1 and now as well in massive pvp.

Archers though are important for mass pvp for the purge capability with range, but that's about all.

Won't win I'm 1v1 using an ea against any EQUAL geared toon
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    If you only talk about the class and its skills then I won't say that archers are better than other classes but according to me the purge (espcially the one from R9.3 bow) must not be understimate. A lot of endgame people will never die until being purged and R9.3 archers (even unlucky ones) are the best to purge (even more dangerous than a sage veno to me).
    And archer is also the best class to kite...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Lilcojones - Dreamweaver
    Lilcojones - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Barbarians, Clerics and seekers.
    Seekers are broken.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Seekers are broken.

Why and against who ?
    I don't see what could make a seeker be that OP. I never PVP with heavy armors class, so maybe they are dangerous for BM and barbs because they have magical skills, good range and must be hard to kill for phy classes (except sins) but I wouldn't have mentionned seekers at all while talking about OP class. As a mystic I consider archers (with R9.3 bow) way more dangerous than seekers
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Sin, barb, and mystic.

Clerics, BMs, and venos also came out pretty okay, but I'd say those other three have advantage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Options
    someone said in pwi the archer was considered like OP class, this is true?

They are strong in what they are supposed to do (kill AA classes) while having several features for things they aren't supposed to do (like kill HA) and having drawbacks (damage penalty up close, range being a smaller factor in smaller scale pvp or 1vs1). While I often curse their range (you just can't get close to them in a TW) + purge on main weapon as it's the main factor that kills me in mass pvp, I don't consider them OP as they are supposed to kill me. Their ability to complain is OP though.

Sin probably. I also find clerics quite ridiculous, but that's only in 1vs1 or really small scale pvp.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Depends what state of game we are talking about.

Mid game they are very OP, if everyone has full +10 immacs they can kill AA's very easily especially with purge. This is the state of game many people experience and are used to hence the common notion of 'omg I hate archer dat purge much op such hate'

When you get to endgame (everyone is full+12 josd) it flips and archers arent that OP anymore and only excel vs unskilled/distracted/ganked targets.

Seekers and demon venos are quite OP due to having *real* debuffs (after new horizons), and reliable repeatable ways of landing these and bypassing charm on super tanky targets.

Sins should be ridiculous endgame, lucky for us on Dw there are no proper endgame ones yet. They were abandoned long ago when purify came out and all the aps sins rerolled casters/quit.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    so everybody mean the most op class is end game sin?
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    so everybody mean the most op class is end game sin?

If you're talking about a sage sin with sage tidal + primal skills + totally end game gear and cards and for both 1v1 and mass PVP then yes sins would probably be at the top of the list.
    For mass pvp I personnaly still dislike more archers for the moment though
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The answer is both yes and no

Pre-absolute endgame, yes. They can be OP.

Mid-endgame, somewhat

Absolutely endgame, there is no reason for you to die to an archer in 1v1. If you do (disregarding luck) then the archer seriously outskills you

small scale PK

depends. The lower the gear grade the more OP archers are, up to a point.

Then it depends on how well the other squad can focus. If they can't focus then archer OP

Large group fights, TW

Archers very OP
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Seekers are better than archers in almost every way in smaller fights. The only thing archer has over seeker is range, which become more pronounced in bigger fights.

Better damage burst and better tanking, better debuffs too.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Slurth - Morai
    Slurth - Morai Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    All class if u know how to play
    how to use potions/skills/genie etc. are OP

(ofc gears is important also.)
  • jo7154
    jo7154 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    hello all
    am new to perfect world, and i wanna make an archer

i ve read some topics, some say archer is good, some dont agree

i was playing another game, where the archer class was good years ago, but now, unless u have frnds online or guildies, no other people will accept archer in a group to run instances, dungeons, due to the lack of damage, surviability and lack of support skills

i ll ask bluntly then, i plan to go endgame, is the archer worth to spend time on ?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Archers are still rather good in mass PvP. When in a 1v1 situation, they'll fair poorly, however. PvE overall is simple enough at endgame that class doesn't really matter, though.

Essentially, if you're looking for an exceptional class for endgame, archer is likely not for you unless you're willing to go the extra mile to make it work out. Especially as new passive skills have indirectly nerfed the main thing people fear endgame archers for. On the other hand, if you don't mind needing a bit of extra work (and some luck) to shine, archer can be a wonderful class to play.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited July 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Archers are still rather good in mass PvP. When in a 1v1 situation, they'll fair poorly, however.

Regarding mass PVP I would say that archers are very good. They can't do everything so they need other classes with them. But add two archers (especially deity ones) in any team and it will be a real boost just because of range/purge/leaps+immune(to kite).
    1v1 the strategy to fight them is easier BUT I still consider they are one of the most threatening class against some arcane opponents.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    All class if u know how to play
    how to use potions/skills/genie etc. are OP

(ofc gears is important also.)

i like youb:cute
    +1 to this post
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • jo7154
    edited July 2014
    Options
    okia thankia fora thea fasta answera

as long as the archer worth be playing, i dont mind putting the extra effort
    juste hate situations when efforts go to waste ( like my previous game)
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    Options
    jo7154 wrote: »
    okia thankia fora thea fasta answera

as long as the archer worth be playing, i dont mind putting the extra effort
    juste hate situations when efforts go to waste ( like my previous game)

THAT'S A SPICY MEAT-A-BALLA!!!!
    Also, if you are enjoying the effort it takes get somewhere is it really time wasted?
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • jo7154
    edited July 2014
    Options
    THAT'S A SPICY MEAT-A-BALLA!!!!
    Also, if you are enjoying the effort it takes get somewhere is it really time wasted?

worth it, then not wasted, then enjoy
    not worth, then wasted, then no enjoy T_T
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    Options
    jo7154 wrote: »
    worth it, then not wasted, then enjoy
    not worth, then wasted, then no enjoy T_T

You just need ways to spice it up. Music can help. Can also play the Instance Points Game.
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sins are not so OP people exaggerate....
    A sin can never compete in kills against an archer in tw and nw.
    Our biggest weakness is range.
    We have to get close to enemy to kill we can not simply press tab + use atk skill like casters and archers.

We do have 2 teleport skills one with a cooldown of 180 seconds(Demon) 150(Sage)
    Shadow jump has a 15 second cooldown.

Stealth? These days many people are prepare and have anti stealth potions available.

A sin is OP in 1 vs 1 but in mass pvp is not as effective as an archer and can not kill as fast because we have to actually get close to the enemy and that takes times without shadow jump.
    An archer can just hide behind other ranged characters and do damage while been safe.
    We sins have to get in the middle of the action and we do not have the kite and range advantage.
    Another OP is cleric...
    A end game cleric can tank a lot of damage and heal themselves.
    They have range+buffs+Anti debuff+heals.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sins are not so OP people exaggerate....
    A sin can never compete in kills against an archer in tw and nw.
    Our biggest weakness is range.
    We have to get close to enemy to kill we can not simply press tab + use atk skill like casters and archers.

We do have 2 teleport skills one with a cooldown of 180 seconds(Demon) 150(Sage)
    Shadow jump has a 15 second cooldown.

Stealth? These days many people are prepare and have anti stealth potions available.

A sin is OP in 1 vs 1 but in mass pvp is not as effective as an archer and can not kill as fast because we have to actually get close to the enemy and that takes times without shadow jump.
    An archer can just hide behind other ranged characters and do damage while been safe.
    We sins have to get in the middle of the action and we do not have the kite and range advantage.
    Another OP is cleric...
    A end game cleric can tank a lot of damage and heal themselves.
    They have range+buffs+Anti debuff+heals.

My advice to you is turn around and RUN... no seriously... run (away from this topic), even though I do more or less agree with you, range/caster people do NOT give their range advantage enough... credit/they don't realize just how useful it actually is, either that or they refuse to admit that it plays any role once-soever.

Either way regardless of why they refuse to admit it, I am NOT going to be joining back into this conversation, and if you value your sanity I would highly suggest you do the same. (After all there is a hell of a lot more of them than there are of us. xD)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sins are straight up OP atm and if you can't make a huge difference in mass PVP with one, you're either extremely undergeared or you're terrible.

And any sin or BM that loses 1v1 to an archer in equal gear needs to uninstall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sins are straight up OP atm and if you can't make a huge difference in mass PVP with one, you're either extremely undergeared or you're terrible.

And any sin or BM that loses 1v1 to an archer in equal gear needs to uninstall.

eoria i <333 u but no. just no. there is this little thing called skill. u may or may not have heard of it.
    @ players in general: maybe if we used our brains and found NEW ways to counter skills that each class has instead of keeping to the traditional/majority used ideas, we might actually see that there is somewhat of a class balance. before primal came out when did the tactics of each class change? bm- stun opponent keep locked deal damage. cleric-sleep deal damage while keeeping them slept sog more full hitting dmg. just two examples. and have we actually changed tactics? answer: nope.
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Seekers are better than archers in every way. They don't need purge because they can debuff much harder, hit much harder and also gof with all be it a lower crit rate but then again, archers need crit to kill.

Sins are pretty OP but idk there's a lot of qq about them on forums recently and I just think it's been taken a little too over the top. I mean it's still possible to kite the fishes until their tidal runs out b:laugh

Mystics in my opinion are one of the best classes. Their damage is not amazing but decent but they can take a nuclear bomb and still be sitting their sending green spew flying in all directions when all you've done is proc their petals buff or popped their unlimited shield which can be done by just resommoning a pet.

Also 1 click for back to full hp is nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Seekers are better than archers in every way. They don't need purge because they can debuff much harder, hit much harder and also gof with all be it a lower crit rate but then again, archers need crit to kill.

Sins are pretty OP but idk there's a lot of qq about them on forums recently and I just think it's been taken a little too over the top. I mean it's still possible to kite the fishes until their tidal runs out b:laugh

Mystics in my opinion are one of the best classes. Their damage is not amazing but decent but they can take a nuclear bomb and still be sitting their sending green spew flying in all directions when all you've done is proc their petals buff or popped their unlimited shield which can be done by just resommoning a pet.

Also 1 click for back to full hp is nice.

Unless you've played with a fully endgame char against fully endgame chars you can't really say which classes are better than the other. When it comes to endgame fights, purge is a deciding factor between buffed chars, otherwise the fight never ends.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited July 2014
    Options

No, please let me assure you that sins are the most OP class in the game atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• socean#3691
    socean#3691 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sins are the most op class in this game. Even fails on sins are dangerous. Wtf thought sins needed a skill that hits so many times. Like for real they can spark that from stealth. Anyone not rdy for a sin is likely to die. Tidal is not that easy to wait off when they have so many freaking control skills. Also 3 stealths? Are you kidding me? Everytime tidal wears out or sins lose their buffs they just keep on stealthing until they get them back. By the time I can even pull off a stealth pot they are far out of my range and when they come back they come with tidal yet again. Tidal is a ridiculously op buff it needs to be nerfed. Tidal needs a reasonable time like 13sec with 90 sec cd. Seriously sins are not squishy they are tanky aF endgame. They want to claim to be squishy well try being a mystic. Mystics are the squishiest class I've ever seen yet they get a weak tidal with a mere 20 chance to proc. Mystic=instant death after purge. Sins are not squishy nerf tidal.
  • overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Tidal protection is just evade from debuff not evade from damage. Sin still squishy in mass PVP.

But 1 vs 1 Sin is number 1 killer. Yes with new primal broken skill. b:chuckle
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited July 2014
    Options
    They want to claim to be squishy well try being a mystic. Mystics are the squishiest class I've ever seen yet they get a weak tidal with a mere 20 chance to proc. Mystic=instant death after purge. Sins are not squishy nerf tidal.

It looks like you never played a mystic, nor played with any mystic, nor even played against any mystic. b:laugh
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~