Forum avatar issue.

Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
UPDATE (07-17-2014):

Forum Avatars: I know there is an issue with forum avatars not displaying or updating. This has been an ongoing issue that we've been trying to fix, however for some reason our database keeps deleting them. I've tried in the past to upload them myself manually, but it still does not work. I've let the appropriate people know, however it does not look like there is an immediate fix. I will update everyone once this is resolved.

There's an issue on the forum since around 2 months with the character selection, I did posted 2-3 times about it and saw other people ask about it too, but we didn't get any answer from a GM/CM about it.

When I click on ''Edit your avatar'' I get my usual selection of chars, but then there's one that show with '' in front and at the end of the name (it's not suppose too), here's a SS of how it show and I did let a char that doesn't have the issue so you can see the difference:

pwifor10.png

When I select the char 'MissCherie' and try to come back on the forum it show me an error and I can't come on the forum with that char, here's the error I get:

forum_11.png

I have that issue on 2 accounts and as I said I know some others have it too.

For me it's pretty annoying cause on both account it's my main chars and I did posted with those chars before and can't use them anymore.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
Post edited by Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands on

Comments

• Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    Dblazen - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I indeed have that exact same issue (posted it here)
    I really wish it would get fixed, but it's highly unlikely that it will. They won't even respond to any of it so far either, hopefully there will be a response here.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    edited April 2014
    When Sparkie posted a thread about a forum maintenance I did also bring the issue, but didn't get any answer about it and they cannot use the excuse it got lost in the spam, that thread have 2 pages and I did posted on the first one:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1679451
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    Bump! Weekend is over, can we have an answer about that issue please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    Bump!! It's a week now and still no answer from a CM/GM about that issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    Bump!! It would be really nice if someone could at least reply to inform us that they are aware of the issue beside just ignoring it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• drheal
    drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There's an issue on the forum since around 2 months with the character selection, I did posted 2-3 times about it and saw other people ask about it too, but we didn't get any answer from a GM/CM about it.

When I click on ''Edit your avatar'' I get my usual selection of chars, but then there's one that show with '' in front and at the end of the name (it's not suppose too), here's a SS of how it show and I did let a char that doesn't have the issue so you can see the difference:

pwifor10.png

When I select the char 'MissCherie' and try to come back on the forum it show me an error and I can't come on the forum with that char, here's the error I get:

forum_11.png

I have that issue on 2 accounts and as I said I know some others have it too.

For me it's pretty annoying cause on both account it's my main chars and I did posted with those chars before and can't use them anymore.

I am in the same situation, my char Spell_Caster gives the same error. b:cry
  • Miqq - Harshlands
    Miqq - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same deal here. My main "Miqqo" cannot be used.

But thanks PWE for at least making it so I can actually HAVE an avatar again. I once did the mistake of selecting the option to not use any avatar which led to a irreversible situation where I could never select any avatar to use again. Now I can! Just not my main...
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2014
    Our web team is looking into this.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Vanabuyer - Raging Tide
    Vanabuyer - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Surtr wrote: »

Any word on when a fix is coming for this?
  • Vanabuyer - Raging Tide
    Vanabuyer - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    still nothing on when a fix is coming?b:surrender
    edited May 2014
    Bump!!! Any update on that? That's getting worse and it's going on since months....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    sontzu wrote: »
    I'm learning HTML atm, so I had a peep at the page source info for the edit avatar option accessed from the user CP, and there seem to be a lot of broken containers to me...
    The sites have had a lot of broken code for a long time. There was even a time when they "upgraded the sites" and it was overlaying the new background on top of the old one.

As for the avatar, Having the same issue here, but when I click to change my avatar, none of my toons are listed. Just the stone avatar for my "nickname" is there and nothing else. I've tried multiple PC's, browsers, and completely wiped temp data. Even on a new PC, it's the same issue, so it's obviously yet another broken thing of the forums. Just like a couple of toons that I have whose avatars won't update the level, and PWE's "solution" for that is to get them past a certain level and it will magically resolve itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I'm gonna see if I can get sparkie's attention on this. Though this is the weekend, so we'll probably have to wait a bit for a response.

Kinda like how we've lost all the fox smilies with the new forum too. >.>
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited May 2014
    Krisnda already said he would pm sparkie about this; I shouldn't be surprised if the event boutique issue has distracted him from what is tbh a somewhat lesser issue (though it is hugely frustrating for me personally I can assure you).
    I'm gonna go ahead and cross my fingers anyway lol

The issue is going on since a while and just getting worse, so he might be distracted since months for have not look into this, though an other GM did reply to this thread so they must be aware of the issue, so I don't know if it's the lack of time or knowledge that make it so long to fix it.

I know it's the weekend, so let's wait to see his answer Monday (or later this week).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    (though it is hugely frustrating for me personally I can assure you).l
    h69A9E42E

b:sin
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please restore my account avatar b:angry
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mochabear#4763
    mochabear#4763 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi!

I'm posting to let admins know that I also have a forum avatar issue. I'm not sure what else I can do other than post this problem that many other users are also suffering from. I hope this gets resolved soonish. Thanks.
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got the same issue. This morning my avatar was working, now they are ALL gone and only the stone face is left (although, weird enough, the forum is currently saying that I'm logged in with the avatar of my main)...

Btw, the page to change avatar took a really long time to load.

EDIT: Apparently the avatar of my main works in posts, but it doesn't show on top of the page nor in the avatar choosing page. Now this is very confusing...
  • syphonfilter
    syphonfilter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i has my stupid forum name and cant change back to my game name in forums
  • wicked127
    wicked127 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    b:cry i accidently selected not to use an avatar so i suppose im screwed for a bit b:surrender
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same deal here. My main "Miqqo" cannot be used.

But thanks PWE for at least making it so I can actually HAVE an avatar again. I once did the mistake of selecting the option to not use any avatar which led to a irreversible situation where I could never select any avatar to use again. Now I can! Just not my main...

How'd you fix being able to have an avatar?

Now when I try to change avatar it just redirects me to arc with no options to do so.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
    edited June 2014
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    How'd you fix being able to have an avatar?

Now when I try to change avatar it just redirects me to arc with no options to do so.

Anyone have any ideas?

That's why I made this thread, that option is broken, but so far we got no feedback about it so no idea if they are working on fixing it or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mimi_wangzi - Sanctuary
    Mimi_wangzi - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    wicked127 wrote: »
    b:cry i accidently selected not to use an avatar so i suppose im screwed for a bit b:surrender

LOL same
    I was trying if i change character cuz the lvl in my avatar keeps in lvl 100 a loooog time ago , and I already reach more lvls since that time, so that is why i try to change the option of my avatar in order the level of my toon gonna chance when i put it back , BUT ....you know it can be restored, cuz only get the same

3fSVwTY.png
    btw, "reset fields" botton doesn't work at all

just the rock face >.<
    and now i only have a rock face in forum XDDDDDDD
    ... wait ... no i don't have avatar at all now >.> that it's even worse

Please someone can fix this , i have the avatar issue a long time ago .-.

why arc??? why u are meanie

b:surrenderb:surrender
    "It's not about "where you go", but "as far as you can get". And If you have lost your path, you can always create your own, your own way ..."
    (Morikawa Toshiyuki [Kubota Makoto] & Ishikawa Hideo [Tokitoh Minoru] @ 「Heaven's Door」from 「 私立荒磯高等学校生徒会執行部」OVA )
  • veronicae
    veronicae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

As for the avatar, Having the same issue here, but when I click to change my avatar, none of my toons are listed. Just the stone avatar for my "nickname" is there and nothing else.

Same issue now here. Bumping this and hoping for a solution...though seeing how long this has been an issue I guess there's not much hope x.x
    sealightnewsig_zpsfd599c1f.png
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Surtr wrote: »

Indeed we need an update on this. Your web team is taking an extreme amount of time to address this issue. Can we can some sort of escalation on this? A bit of priority perhaps? I'm tired of being a rock face -____- ....
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2014
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Indeed we need an update on this. Your web team is taking an extreme amount of time to address this issue. Can we can some sort of escalation on this? A bit of priority perhaps? I'm tired of being a rock face -____- ....

I did gave up any hopes of getting an update about that issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I did gave up any hopes of getting an update about that issue.

Same. lol They didn't even bother fixing the obvious **** in the forum design. Feels like they're just letting the game die. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • veronicae
    edited June 2014
    Same. lol They didn't even bother fixing the obvious **** in the forum design. Feels like they're just letting the game die. b:surrender

indeed b:sad
  • veronicae
    edited June 2014

We have been told by sparkiesoft the the web team is looking into it, but that was some time ago...

I would like an update on this too, it does indeed seem an unreasonably long time to fix something which, looking at the page source info is likely either a broken container (or more likely several), or some bad script, or a bad target (or some combination thereof).

From what Sylen has said, there are multiple problems all over the site like this, maybe they are working through them in reverse alphabetical order, leaving 'avatar selection' until last...

I'd so like to make myself believe in that, but... b:surrender well I guess hope dies last right?
  • veronicae
    edited June 2014
    big_tiger_033.gifjust bumping this again
This discussion has been closed.