Forum avatar issue.

Options

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I did gave up any hopes of getting an update about that issue.

Same. lol They didn't even bother fixing the obvious **** in the forum design. Feels like they're just letting the game die. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • veronicae
    veronicae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Same. lol They didn't even bother fixing the obvious **** in the forum design. Feels like they're just letting the game die. b:surrender

indeed b:sad
    sealightnewsig_zpsfd599c1f.png
  • veronicae
    edited June 2014
    Options
    sontzu wrote: »

We have been told by sparkiesoft the the web team is looking into it, but that was some time ago...

I would like an update on this too, it does indeed seem an unreasonably long time to fix something which, looking at the page source info is likely either a broken container (or more likely several), or some bad script, or a bad target (or some combination thereof).

From what Sylen has said, there are multiple problems all over the site like this, maybe they are working through them in reverse alphabetical order, leaving 'avatar selection' until last...

I'd so like to make myself believe in that, but... b:surrender well I guess hope dies last right?
  • veronicae
    edited June 2014
    Options
    big_tiger_033.gifjust bumping this again
  • emeraldtara
    emeraldtara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Bump. I have same problem after I tried changing mine to try and fix the inaccurate level and stupidly chose 'no avatar' option. Let's hope this gets fixed soon! People on forums don't know what class or level you are when you post and it kind of takes away that convenience. We would like it back.
  • fampar
    fampar Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Indeed we need an update on this. Your web team is taking an extreme amount of time to address this issue. Can we can some sort of escalation on this? A bit of priority perhaps? I'm tired of being a rock face -____- ....

b:surrender at least you have a face XD

EDIT*** D:< omg now i have a rock face o.O but now all my post are reseted cuz they put me nickname
    now this will be my post number ONE lol -_-;;

sontzu wrote: »

We have been told by sparkiesoft the the web team is looking into it, but that was some time ago...

I would like an update on this too, it does indeed seem an unreasonably long time to fix something which, looking at the page source info is likely either a broken container (or more likely several), or some bad script, or a bad target (or some combination thereof).

From what Sylen has said, there are multiple problems all over the site like this, maybe they are working through them in reverse alphabetical order, leaving 'avatar selection' until last...

D: I really want to belive that they are still working on this

but like
    I did gave up any hopes of getting an update about that issue.
    seems like they forgot or just give u about this issue :/ cuz no more update about this looong time ago
    ❄️《 野火烧不尽 ,春风 吹 又 生》​​❄️
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    SPARKIESOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please update us on what is going on, someone please I use the forums every day and every day I grow more bitter that this hasn't' been addressed yet b:angry

I understand your web team obviously is a 1 Man Army. That is the only explanation for this taking this amount of time. ABSURD to think a team of people would have this 1 thing as a problem with 0 updates or ETA's on work arounds. Gosh ....
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tek1nig
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Well it seems my fears were made reality. The quality control thread is here just for show. b:shocked
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Xiang_Xin - Sanctuary
    Xiang_Xin - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Well it seems my fears were made reality. The quality control thread is here just for show. b:shocked

b:surrender I just come to check if there are some update about this issue but it seems like nothing new .
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    b:surrender I just come to check if there are some update about this issue but it seems like nothing new .

Just keep bumping, just keep bumping, just keep bumping, bumping, bumping

b:laugh
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • tek1nig
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I feel this isn't getting the proper attention that it needs for a quick resolution. b:angry
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Caydon - Heavens Tear
    Caydon - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Bumping this thread. Thank you Bella (OP) for bringing this up.

My avatar doesn't refresh itself though. It's stuck on the same level like from 2 years ago. I'm now 93 and the avatar is still stuck on 83.

Similar to the rest, when I try to change/edit/refresh avatar I get an error message that prevents me from posting in the forums.
    Cleric (shelved), barb (shelved), BM (shelved), mystic, veno.

Mystic or veno, mystic or veno?
  • Camberi - Raging Tide
    Camberi - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    For some reason on this alt account of mine the avatar options are a 105 panda and a 105 elf. I don't have any characters close to that level, and the character whose name it randomly chose to display is somewhere in the 20s.

So confused. It won't even let me switch to stoneface.
  • tek1nig
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Bump.

I want my 105 sin and my post count back :(((((
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Lol, seems like a nice signature is the best bet you got to show your "identity" now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Just in case people doesn't check all threads sparkie did made an update on the issue: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21686441&postcount=1

Forum Avatars: I know there is an issue with forum avatars not displaying or updating. This has been an ongoing issue that we've been trying to fix, however for some reason our database keeps deleting them. I've tried in the past to upload them myself manually, but it still does not work. I've let the appropriate people know, however it does not look like there is an immediate fix. I will update everyone once this is resolved.

Doesn't seems like it will be fix anytime soon, but I want to thanks sparkie for the update. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • tylin2me
    tylin2me Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ello,
    I too have been having some issues...only mine stays on the stone face...and doesn't give me an option to change it. The only option I have is the stone face.

My main account, I've not recently checked since I haven't logged into the forums with her...but she's lvl 84 Mystic...and I think last i looked she had a lvl 64 cleric or something like that. I've tried numerous times with this account, seeing as the original character I started with on this acount was long ago deleted...and am now using my Seeker.
  • _Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear
    _Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

As for me, I don't even get to see the choices of toons I have on this account to switch avatar with if I wanted to when I click on the "Edit your Avatar" button.
    It's just forever slow loading motion every time I try to access it ._.
    I don't even see my avatar on the top left side, just the "Edit your Avatar" text that I can click as a button unless I post something on threads and look at the post myself b:cry
    Looked at it today to see if my level updated and it hasn't b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fashionista wife of Sayphat b:cute
    New name is Shiirahoshi :3
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2014
    Options

As for me, I don't even get to see the choices of toons I have on this account to switch avatar with if I wanted to when I click on the "Edit your Avatar" button.
    It's just forever slow loading motion every time I try to access it ._.
    I don't even see my avatar on the top left side, just the "Edit your Avatar" text that I can click as a button unless I post something on threads and look at the post myself b:cry
    Looked at it today to see if my level updated and it hasn't b:surrender
    Yeah, mine still hasn't either, and I've not only leveled more, but RB'ed again and leveled more a second time.

Edit: It's kind of sad that something as simple as this hasn't been touched yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Edit: It's kind of sad that something as simple as this hasn't been touched yet.

I'm starting to think they had some interns code the stuff and it's too messed up to fix. b:surrender I mean, we had issues of avatarless people years ago already. Back then it was few, but frankie couldn't give me an avatar that stayed either. <<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    My bet is they broke their own custom code when they altered the forum layout (like how they managed to lose the fox smilies which shouldn't have even happened) and whoever's around now doesn't have the first clue how to go about undoing the mess they caused since the people who originally did it are probably long gone by now. :/
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • veronicae
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

Forum Avatars: I know there is an issue with forum avatars not displaying or updating. This has been an ongoing issue that we've been trying to fix, however for some reason our database keeps deleting them. I've tried in the past to upload them myself manually, but it still does not work. I've let the appropriate people know, however it does not look like there is an immediate fix. I will update everyone once this is resolved.

More to come.

Seems like there is no simple fix to it somehow it seems to be more wrecked than at first sight visible to us. I dunno b:surrender
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    veronicae wrote: »

Seems like there is no simple fix to it somehow it seems to be more wrecked than at first sight visible to us. I dunno b:surrender

Yeah. The avatar images themselves are there and unchanged... but the custom code that retrieved them, connected them to our accounts, updated them, and so on is what's broken... and considering that code was made back in 08 and we have a good few players who have been around longer than staff, the people who have to look into it now probably don't have the first clue what to do to get it fixed. :/

Though there's no excuse for the fox emotes (or lack of proper hyperlink color). Emotes are basic and carrying them over with the forum change should have been beyond simple. b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The fox smilies actually stopped working for me before the change when others saw them still o_o;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The fox smilies actually stopped working for me before the change when others saw them still o_o;

Either you're psychic, or Desdi's tail got mad at you for cheating on it by brushing the forum fox emotes. b:laugh
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Either you're psychic, or Desdi's tail got mad at you for cheating on it by brushing the forum fox emotes. b:laugh

Lmao xD I really got no clue how they even broke them. Should be having to move one folder at best lol But then again, whoever was hired for their website didn't realize that white links are a bad idea...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• dookster1234
    dookster1234 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Plz get this on the front lines I would like to get my forum avatar back b:angry
This discussion has been closed.