Best of Each Class 2014 Dreamweaver

124»

Comments

• KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got bored and skipped a few pages after reading literally the same exact names in every single post lol.

But I would agree with what was said above, wonder how some of the lower geared people would compare if given the same high end gear that (almost) everyone that is named has? I've bumped into a few no names several times that really surprised and impressed me with their skill, and how they manage with the gear they have among all the OP toons running around, can't remember their names off the top of my head, but I made sure to pm them and tell them :3.

Not saying those named are bad, they are very good at what they do and proved it several times, just makes me wonder about all of those people flying under the radar of popularity that can take you by surprise.

f:cute

Agreed with everything you said.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    But I would agree with what was said above, wonder how some of the lower geared people would compare if given the same high end gear that (almost) everyone that is named has? I've bumped into a few no names several times that really surprised and impressed me with their skill, and how they manage with the gear they have among all the OP toons running around, can't remember their names off the top of my head, but I made sure to pm them and tell them :3.

Honestly, this sort of thing is why I get more fun and challenge playing on lower level/non-endgame characters than the OP ones. Much more challenge and skill required just to survive in today's current PvP... and the bonus of beating some of the people who have the gear but not the skill makes me smile on the inside.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited February 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Honestly, this sort of thing is why I get more fun and challenge playing on lower level/non-endgame characters than the OP ones. Much more challenge and skill required just to survive in today's current PvP... and the bonus of beating some of the people who have the gear but not the skill makes me smile on the inside.

I always tell myself, bad gear teaches me how to play. Would be nice to see people name others who don't have r9 for a change.
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I always tell myself, bad gear teaches me how to play. Would be nice to see people name others who don't have r9 for a change.

We'll nake people who aren't rank 9 3rd cast when PWI bridges the gap between gears.
    Otherwise, it's impossible.

Even a + 12 G 16 can't even come close to beating a + 12 rank 9 3rd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I know it would go completely against PWI's wallet sucking principles to make such a thing but it would be nice to have some sort of contest or even NW separated by soulforce. Then we could see the good players and the ones that just have gear.

I think I even said once not long ago in west arch when Redhood and FlyRanger were at it, and I'll say it again...If you want to see who's really the best, and not the one with the best gear, take it all off and go get NPC stuff and pew pew each other to death. Would be interesting to see that happening between two players...
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    I know it would go completely against PWI's wallet sucking principles to make such a thing but it would be nice to have some sort of contest or even NW separated by soulforce. Then we could see the good players and the ones that just have gear.

I think I even said once not long ago in west arch when Redhood and FlyRanger were at it, and I'll say it again...If you want to see who's really the best, and not the one with the best gear, take it all off and go get NPC stuff and pew pew each other to death. Would be interesting to see that happening between two players...

Nah. NPC gear is a bit extreme since with current skills on most classes a battle in NPC gear boils down to who gets the first hit/CC off (after dodging via genie and such).

But in relatively mid-refine gears of roughly the same quality, that's when you get some awesome fights where skill matters a lot.
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Nah. NPC gear is a bit extreme since with current skills on most classes a battle in NPC gear boils down to who gets the first hit/CC off (after dodging via genie and such).

But in relatively mid-refine gears of roughly the same quality, that's when you get some awesome fights where skill matters a lot.

I would assume that with a NPC weapon they would be hitting considerably lower, to the point it would even things out.

Also, you reply really fast for a mod that checks the whole forum O.O
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    I would assume that with a NPC weapon they would be hitting considerably lower, to the point it would even things out.

Also, you reply really fast for a mod that checks the whole forum O.O

Depends on the skill. Arma, for example, would be devastating on a vit build barb (the only effect weapons have on it aside from attack levels is poison fang's damage) and in NPC gear there's nothing a caster could do about it if it went off. Same applies to most skills from casters that tend to have base + weapon% + high add-on damage... and whoever gets off their CC first gets a great advantage in that regard. It doesn't apply to all skills, mind you, (IE: Earthern Rift would be much much weaker compared to other skills an assassin could choose from in NPC gear) but it does apply to enough to make NPC gears not a truly valid option for people with all or most of their skills maxed out.

Response speed varies based on what I'm doing at the moment. b:chuckle
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Depends on the skill. Arma, for example, would be devastating on a vit build barb (the only effect weapons have on it aside from attack levels is poison fang's damage) and in NPC gear there's nothing a caster could do about it if it went off. Same applies to most skills from casters that tend to have base + weapon% + high add-on damage... and whoever gets off their CC first gets a great advantage in that regard. It doesn't apply to all skills, mind you, (IE: Earthern Rift would be much much weaker compared to other skills an assassin could choose from in NPC gear) but it does apply to enough to make NPC gears not a truly valid option for people with all or most of their skills maxed out.

Response speed varies based on what I'm doing at the moment. b:chuckle

I see. So a valid option would have to be the same gear with same refines after a certain level. G16 could work for that as long as the refines and I guess shards are the same.

Faster than you this time. Tag b:avoid
    edited February 2014
    I see. So a valid option would have to be the same gear with same refines after a certain level. G16 could work for that as long as the refines and I guess shards are the same.

At least with npc gear, there's no fancy weapon procs to worry about.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Serious archer 1v1s should be self buffed. Takes out the luck element of purge. Less charm **** less room for error, more about timing of skills/counters.

I.e. in the example of Tru vs Fly, this would be self buffed no stealth (104 vs 105) no buff pills. They have equal ping iirc so would be the best measure of skill. Sage vs demon makes for an interesting fight.

My money's on Tru, even though he's at a gear disadvantage, removing the need to purge he can use his ws bow, normal pvp genie and if you disallow stealth he kites better than Fly.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Serious archer 1v1s should be self buffed. Takes out the luck element of purge. Less charm **** less room for error, more about timing of skills/counters.

I.e. in the example of Tru vs Fly, this would be self buffed no stealth (104 vs 105) no buff pills. They have equal ping iirc so would be the best measure of skill. Sage vs demon makes for an interesting fight.

My money's on Tru, even though he's at a gear disadvantage, removing the need to purge he can use his ws bow, normal pvp genie and if you disallow stealth he kites better than Fly.

Did you even see the vid of me and Tru 1 v 1?
    We could do it self buffed.
    Keep in mind he has Nation Wars, and Tome, which I don't have.

Either way, I can out perform him 1 v 1 self buffed, and he knows this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Kijinka #1 mystic 2014.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Since it's the same people pvping in a pve server, and most people squad with each other, I'm confused.

I will, though, add my 2 cents when I'm at my home computer.

Oh, and Bob? Shu wants me to hit you for something on your list. You have been warned.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Did you even see the vid of me and Tru 1 v 1?
    We could do it self buffed.
    Keep in mind he has Nation Wars, and Tome, which I don't have.

Either way, I can out perform him 1 v 1 self buffed, and he knows this.

I haven't seen it, post a link I'll have a look. I hope it's not an hour in stealth as Tru says, or a 7 second clip consisting purge triple spark IG auto.

Self buffed is better, less purge luck based. Best of 5 fights.

Keep in mind also you are full +12 josd iirc which he isn't.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cant wait the end of this year to sum up who was the best in ppl opinions f:grin
    Not counting if u name ur self as the bestf:meh
  • TruWarz - Dreamweaver
    TruWarz - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Fly can't out perform anyone, let alone an annoying fly on the wall. Your video shows when we fought and I was still +8 gear you can't show anything recent because you do nothing but fail. while I keep progressing you done nothing to back up your claims from months ago and literally are nothing to even be considered a threat anymore, your lack of gear comes down to your own fault because everyone who knew the real flyranger knows he would not only outgear me today since I'm still more dots than anything else he wouldn't need to hide in stealth which everyone knows its all you can do. You can't out play me with a higher lvl toon you can't kill anyone with recognizable gear anymore because people know what to expect from you and your too stupid to know how to merch like him, my own in game wife can probably beat you and she's only played her archer for a couple of years. Unless you hide in stealth for an hour against her too till she gets bored of your whining.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Fly can't out perform anyone, let alone an annoying fly on the wall. Your video shows when we fought and I was still +8 gear you can't show anything recent because you do nothing but fail. while I keep progressing you done nothing to back up your claims from months ago and literally are nothing to even be considered a threat anymore, your lack of gear comes down to your own fault because everyone who knew the real flyranger knows he would not only outgear me today since I'm still more dots than anything else he wouldn't need to hide in stealth which everyone knows its all you can do. You can't out play me with a higher lvl toon you can't kill anyone with recognizable gear anymore because people know what to expect from you and your too stupid to know how to merch like him, my own in game wife can probably beat you and she's only played her archer for a couple of years. Unless you hide in stealth for an hour against her too till she gets bored of your whining.

I heard so much good about this real flyranger , wish i would know him in person
    So if he sold his account and..um DS buy it..why he isnt banned? i bet its against the pwi rules o.o

Sword_tammer (sorry if name not correct) : he posted thread on pwi forum that he been banned for selling his account on wc: which he said he didnt, and why would he if he wanted to continue play pwi not leave.

and yet fly/ds still plays

i dont understand how Support Staff works f:horror
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I heard so much good about this real flyranger , wish i would know him in person
    So if he sold his account and..um DS buy it..why he isnt banned? i bet its against the pwi rules o.o

Sword_tammer (sorry if name not correct) : he posted thread on pwi forum that he been banned for selling his account on wc: which he said he didnt, and why would he if he wanted to continue play pwi not leave.

and yet fly/ds still plays

i dont understand how Support Staff works f:horror

b:surrender ive never had to deal with the staff much for bans and stuff, but less theres clean SS insinuating a account selling, the staff wont ban
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver
    ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    SwordTammer did wc he was selling his account

i remember it cuz it was x2 and i was farming tt and saw it

He was obviously trolling as 5+ more people trying to selll overpriced ingame and rl stuff

i think it all started when someone wced they were selling scroll of tome for 900m+

and then people started trolling and thats where he said something like:wanna sell my acc 10k $
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    SwordTammer did wc he was selling his account

i remember it cuz it was x2 and i was farming tt and saw it

He was obviously trolling as 5+ more people trying to selll overpriced ingame and rl stuff

i think it all started when someone wced they were selling scroll of tome for 900m+

and then people started trolling and thats where he said something like:wanna sell my acc 10k $

If it's true that he wc mostly he was just clowning around.. Well you know how those haters go they st in the dark just waiting for anything they can find on you to bring you down.. Hope the person whpo took the time to SS an ticket are well pleased for being a hater..hmm i wonder if that same person talks abut pepople hating on them aswell hmmmmm
    Bahamas represent
  • ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver
    ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    All that is just ridiculous,knowing how many people actually sold their ingame accounts this days

obviously GMs think we are still in 2009-2010 and people are trying to sell accounts on world chat while others(we all know who) bought/sold accounts on black market and they are freely playing

whatever....PWE is losing money and making other people rich
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    This is why i don't understand how Pwi Support staff works.
    f:horror
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    *Tortures OP's sanity*

Is that a thing now to say "OP" instead of "Kossy"? The **** is that? >.>
    Since it's the same people pvping in a pve server, and most people squad with each other, I'm confused.

I will, though, add my 2 cents when I'm at my home computer.

Oh, and Bob? Shu wants me to hit you for something on your list. You have been warned.

Hey you awesome person, you! b:bye
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe i should do this now that i quit the game b:cute