Whats happening to Vindicate?

Options
dogomatic
dogomatic Posts: 26 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Twilight Temple (West)
I am in the market to join a good competitive TW faction. I was about ready to apply to Vindicate until I heard lots of people have left that faction. Does anyone know why?

What are some other good TW factions out there?
Post edited by dogomatic on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The usual thing that happens from time to time when people come together with the goal of TW for the most part: drama.

Just look at the map and pick one of the factions with more lands. Considering you picked Vindi, Hoorah might be an option for you too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    From what I saw several people left Vindi to redistribute the power on the server and get some better TWs. This worked a little too well because the balance shifted too much and now Legendary is too strong.

Vindi will still win the TW season barring something bizarre happening just because they have a massive lead in number of lands.

Major TW factions in rough order of strength:
    Legendary
    Vindicate
    Hoorah
    Kakumau
    Enelysion

Or you can pick one of the other factions on the map and join them. I don't expect any of these to be major players anytime soon but you can often find better battles between small factions rather than large ones.

There is a new faction that just formed specifically for TW called Descended. They don't have enough people yet to make an impact but they could be interesting next season.
  • imnotwraith
    imnotwraith Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    From what I saw several people left Vindi to redistribute the power on the server and get some better TWs. This worked a little too well because the balance shifted too much and now Legendary is too strong.

Vindi will still win the TW season barring something bizarre happening just because they have a massive lead in number of lands.

Major TW factions in rough order of strength:
    Legendary
    Vindicate
    Hoorah
    Kakumau
    Enelysion

Or you can pick one of the other factions on the map and join them. I don't expect any of these to be major players anytime soon but you can often find better battles between small factions rather than large ones.

There is a new faction that just formed specifically for TW called Descended. They don't have enough people yet to make an impact but they could be interesting next season.

4 is massive :p? But, honestly, it depends on when TW season ends next month if vindi wins or not.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I highly suggest against joining a faction because they are winning in tw. Go to wherever your friends are. If this is your first time going to tw, you probably are far from the R999+10 required nowadays to really make an impact, and will be left out of the pre-established cliques. Being with people you like matters more then winning.

Also TW is completely overrated. It either takes forever and gets really boring and you end up wasting your charm needlessly, or is a complete roll. Either way, its just a money sink. Nation Wars is much more fun nowadays, mainly because you gain from participating, not lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    dogomatic wrote: »
    I am in the market to join a good competitive TW faction. I was about ready to apply to Vindicate until I heard lots of people have left that faction. Does anyone know why?

What are some other good TW factions out there?

namine and shaming!!!! thats against the rules, need a CM to fix this!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I highly suggest against joining a faction because they are winning in tw. Go to wherever your friends are. If this is your first time going to tw, you probably are far from the R999+10 required nowadays to really make an impact, and will be left out of the pre-established cliques. Being with people you like matters more then winning.

Also TW is completely overrated. It either takes forever and gets really boring and you end up wasting your charm needlessly, or is a complete roll. Either way, its just a money sink. Nation Wars is much more fun nowadays, mainly because you gain from participating, not lose.
    gecko said something intelligent D: the sky is falling!

faction drama in sanctuary is like the bacteria in our guts o.o
    we need some of it to stay on our toes
    too much of it and we get something like diarrhea

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hmm I agree with Gecko here o,o Just assumed OP wanted TW more than anything. lol

Also, keep your drama >:o We don't want it over here~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    S> Drama + Popcorn. 20m each obo!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdF4Y3o0MVg

Vindi 2 and 8PM TW 100+ sign ups for both wars, Hoorah is back
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Vindi will still win the TW season barring something bizarre happening

Hoorah being back definitely constitutes something bizarre. I'd written them off as a dying experiment months ago.
  • bannedabuse
    bannedabuse Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

teehee. vindi needs to up its game now.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hoorah being back definitely constitutes something bizarre. I'd written them off as a dying experiment months ago.
    where would be the fun in that b:shocked
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    If you want real TW that is done for the fun of TW, you are better off in a tier 2 fac like Corvi or Kakumau or Regi etc. Due to the tenuous nature of tier 2 TWs and the fact that none of them actually expects to win season reward, they tend savor what experience they can get out of TW and to cultivate a better environment for funner, longer-lasting TWs with like half the drama of tier 1 and less gear differences.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    If you want real TW that is done for the fun of TW, you are better off in a tier 2 fac like Corvi or Kakumau or Regi etc. Due to the tenuous nature of tier 2 TWs and the fact that none of them actually expects to win season reward, they tend savor what experience they can get out of TW and to cultivate a better environment for funner, longer-lasting TWs with like half the drama of tier 1 and less gear differences.
    shut up and come back in my bed hunny bun b:cute
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Options
    shut up and come back in my bed hunny bun b:cute

You cheating on the Kossy Bot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deflectra - Sanctuary
    Deflectra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

I wouldn't say that....Hoorah is just back to what they are used to doing..attacking a faction when its down..going after weaker factions instead of a challange.
  • dontbemadman
    dontbemadman Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't say that....Hoorah is just back to what they are used to doing..attacking a faction when its down..going after weaker factions instead of a challange.

so by ur logic all factions should attempt to lose all tw and only attack factions they no they cant win against, makes sens, heard thats illegal and bannabel after lg got banned for atking vindi and losing LOL

the #3 faction attacked the #2 faction and won in 20 min, no chalelnge there hurr durr
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Options
    so by ur logic all factions should attempt to lose all tw and only attack factions they no they cant win against, makes sens, heard thats illegal and bannabel after lg got banned for atking vindi and losing LOL

the #3 faction attacked the #2 faction and won in 20 min, no chalelnge there hurr durr

Your sir, are a pretty fail troll.

Anyway, boasting around wirth "we are back" is pretty lame if you beat a faction that just lost a ton of people. b:chuckle But it's Hoorah so yeaaa...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kyougu - Sanctuary
    Kyougu - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Such tryhard responses to obvious trollbait thread.

This thread

only been 1 week, calm down
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Such tryhard responses to obvious trollbait thread.

This thread

only been 1 week, calm down

Wasting your time posting on threads instead of hunting food for dojo b:angry
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Wasting your time posting on threads instead of hunting food for dojo b:angry

You're scared hes gonna get more total posts then you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goofytrooper70
    goofytrooper70 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
  • dogomatic
    dogomatic Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'd written them off as a dying experiment months ago.
    I am not sure why you would even consider writing them off unless your just not fond of them and want it to be a dying experiment. I mean they have the absolute best pk'ers on this entire server. Just their top 20 put them in the #3 spot easily.
    Hoorah is just back to what they are used to doing..attacking a faction when its down
    This is really confusing to me, because it makes me think your either not paying attention to who attacks who, or maybe just basing your opinion off a couple weeks instead of the entire season, or maybe you are like the guy above who doesn't want Hoorah to be successful.

In either case, the fact remains that for most of this season Hoorah had 2 difficult TWs every weekend with both Vindi and LG. During this time, LG kept attacking Kakumau and other small factions and would only "defend" Hoorah, which on a non-city TW the defending faction has the upper hand. LG had every opportunity to attack Hoorah but choose not to. Likewise, up until recently Vindi attacked Hoorah regularly even when the general population felt that LG was stronger than Hoorah. Vindi had every opportunity to attack LG as well. So by your standards, if you believe the reputation of a faction is determined by the strength of the faction they attack, you have actually denounced both Vindi and LG.

It appears that 2 factions are working in conjunction against Hoorah. If you notice members between Vindi and LG swap back and fourth fairly often. I have heard a lot of people hate on Hoorah, but... I just don't think its hate. It's more like... jealousy.
  • Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary
    Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Lets shed some light on all of this. Drama exists when u have 2 or more people in a group. when 2 becomes 200, you get a hell of a lot of drama. Stick with your friends and get called "Clicky" which people seem to hate but wtf who cares. The clicks end up leaving because of click to click drama and start a new faction and power of that faction as a whole gets changed. This normally happens when the faction leader can no longer control their members. Vindi, Leg, and Hoorah has lost some key members this season but it appears the Vindi may not recover. I am in Hoorah and we have lost plenty of members and despite what people say we did not get take on all the vindi members who left. Not saying we did not take any but still that nonsense can be squashed. Leg lost some key members too but the faction lead still remained strong and has been able to recover fastest so far. Maybe someone would like to share that insite with others but most likely not. LOL.. Dball going to kill me when he reads this post but hey, whatever. I speak my mind and he knows it. See yall on the receiving end of a whoopass in tw one day. LOL.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I am not sure why you would even consider writing them off unless your just not fond of them and want it to be a dying experiment. I mean they have the absolute best pk'ers on this entire server. Just their top 20 put them in the #3 spot easily.

It appears that 2 factions are working in conjunction against Hoorah. If you notice members between Vindi and LG swap back and fourth fairly often. I have heard a lot of people hate on Hoorah, but... I just don't think its hate. It's more like... jealousy.
    I think by what CapK means is that in the past there have been numerous factions that sprung up, made mainly by a get together of PKers. Most oldschool players know what hes talking about if they pay attention to TWs.

Hmm.. and i don't think its jealousy i think its just annoyance, like mosquitoes, if u actually seen the history behind alot of it. I dont think pple are jealous of mosquitoes but most of us will say that they are annoying.
    Alot of the so called 'best pkers' only come out when they have a full group. You watch them in west, instead of trying to have a challenging pk they just seem to have fun ganking together the first thing that comes out thats not hoorah. Not 1 of them actually step aside to show bystanders that PK can actually be an enjoyable event which eventually leads to no one wanting to even participate. Back then the best pkers garnered respect and jealousy, they made you want to play WITH them and join the fun. A good number of those current 'best pkers' end up camp primal teleports for those who want to do carriage exp quest. Those are R999 pple mind you.

I think i had one funny instance where i was following my friend in morai quest afk (in pk mode haha) and here comes shadowsedge came to kill someone afk. Not that its wrong (duh) since im the one in pk mode but of all things he runs away holypathing and gets pissed when i actually tell pple of what he did. I mean really, i dont mind it but DONT do that if you dont like pple talking about your 'afkiller' accomplishments.

Poking pple and urging them to give them a decent fight is one thing but trying to get kill counts or having a thrill killing the unexpected or just plain alts really isnt anything near what you would call a 'best pker' faction. If by 'best pkers' you mean those that act like gradeschool kids moving as a cluster f..k so one of them can get the next kill, then maybe you are right, I guess times have changed cause thats not what it used to mean in my days. Even if its not all of the members, that is the stronger img they radiate. About half the faction has this mentality where someone in the cluster end up not liking a faction/person/thing, the whole cluster suddenly gets that disease spreading mentality, im sure kanjou can relate.

Maybe thats why it seems factions are working in 'conjunction' against hoorah or it seems that way, they all have a natural urge to swap them before they get a huge 'itch'. The last time vindi stagnated, we were part of the groups that filled vindi with new members. Im currently interested in seeing how vindi or their officership can overcome it this time. Or will it end up with vindi 'loving' ex-members parting with the faction wishing them GL on the sinking ship.
  • rkeesy
    rkeesy Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hmm.. and i don't think its jealousy i think its just annoyance, like mosquitoes, if u actually seen the history behind alot of it. I dont think pple are jealous of mosquitoes but most of us will say that they are annoying. "mosquitoes" she says sounds like denial to me your faction is dead lady deal with it. SEE LINK BELOW
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M92OhmMthNw&list=UUb10i2_FLJyeMAs0f9MknAw
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Options

You have to admit they were in pretty bad shape earlier in the season after getting wiped off the map. The influx of Regicide's top people is really what saved them. Without that emergency life support I doubt we would even be discussing Hoorah at this time.

And 20 people do not win a TW, no matter who they are. Numbers win TW, and right now Hoorah has them and Vindi doesn't.
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    Rfskkirby - Sanctuary Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    And 20 people do not win a TW, no matter who they are. Numbers win TW, and right now Hoorah has them and Vindi doesn't.

I'd disagree with that statement, ppl know the reason
  • rkeesy
    rkeesy Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    is it true that you have +10 morai gear on your bm CapnK just wonderingb:thanks
    edited April 2014
    Options
    rkeesy wrote: »
    "mosquitoes" she says sounds like denial to me your faction is dead lady deal with it. SEE LINK BELOW
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M92OhmMthNw&list=UUb10i2_FLJyeMAs0f9MknAw
    Not really since im not actually defending anything. b:thanks
    Most literate pple would have saw that on the last paragraph, but GJ coming to defend your faction anyway.

edit*
    I just took a look at your youtube lmao.
    You skipped uploading all the TW dates when hoorah was getting destroyed in 10-30min but your linking a 20min TW win as a reasoning. You funny boy b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.