For All The Money We Give You Why Cant We Have A Properly Run Game?

Auerlius - Archosaur
Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
hello all seems more and more these days, i have a reason to post on here continually. but as usual i expect nothing. so rather than phrase things in a way that lean towards the conclusion that people care and something will be done, i will ask you the fellow players, [i would include the mods but i dun wanna get slammed for speaking my mind] what do you think?

here are the questions, food for thought:

1. the servers have been lagging for over a week now, [and let's not even go into all the other crazy **** that has been happening on archo] maintenance has not fixed the problem and this new lemur thing has made it even worse. why is this stuff happening only in archo? does it have to do with the fact that we are a pve server and the game was designed to be pvp solely?

2. will we or do we even deserve to be compensated? certain quests like luu's plea are next to impossible to finish with 20k+ lag, as is dragon tower and a host of others that require a basic sense of timing. i have missed over 100 pw silverflow coins because of this. for those of us on the game to extensively farm primal stuff, we cant get it done constantly dc'ing and lagging.

3. i have asked this elsewhere in other posts and and seen other threads written on this, but how do you feel about the new skills? without biasing your decisions one way or another how do you think the new skills fit in with the classes and the game as a whole? did it bring balance or degrade it even more?

4. which classes do you feel benefited the most? was it doing in a way the seamlessly integrates with the game? or did it just **** it up? what do you think needs to be changed? what do you think is perfect as is?

5. how is it, that this game continues to rake in profits with [what are in my opinion] poorly thought out expansions, that require constant fixes and lame fixes that create even more problems? is this done on purpose? if it was that is the dirtiest most unscrupulous business practice i have ever seen and you [meaning the code monkeys and owners] need to be tarred and feathered. make one class op so everyone goes to it, then when that's done make the next class OP so everyone goes there to spend even more money. my rationale is to be a successful company you have to a some point have a working game plan. PWCN apparently does not, we on the pwi side of things get no betas, get no direct contact with customer service, but we continually pay for the other pwi locales. how is this possible? or do you think the company has done well with these expansions and deserves the profits it receives? are you happy with pwi enough to justify what you spend on it [if anything]?

i personally believe given the events that have transpired in this last week that i hit a nerve with the support staff here and was targeted on here because of it [btw, the video is up]. purify too strong? ok let's make an unavoidable stun and make LA class become demi gods of DD by leaving the critical and base damage based on dexterity thing as it currently is. oh that's is too strong? let's **** it up by making stun reflect, and hp of the gods [a new potion only available in the boutique for $50,000 and a pound of flesh] so you have a mil hp until you log off. oh that was too strong? then let's implement a pull the plug skill so you can make your opponent dc at will, oh that too strong? then let's....

my point is before going forward you have to look back. this has been a continual issue and a continual decline. no balance, no streamlined play, no real customer support = no real reason to play. only my friends are the only thing keeping me here but more and more, as the game quality declines, that is not enough. as it is i have not been able to play the few times i have logged on. what's the point of making all these grandiose expansions if people can't take full advantage of the new [terribly designed, unimaginative, lop sided] content?

b:surrender

EDIT: Continued thoughts and suggestions gathered from this and other servers, the more people i speak to across the servers here in the U.S they more i will post. please feel free to add or refute anything you see. My own request is really try to see where the other is coming from before you debate on it. that way we discuss the problem, not create another one.

Debuffs need to be adjusted, or new ones created. you realized you made a mistake with the purge as a proc, so you tried to bolster non-buffed defenses to help out...thank you. but in essence to reduced the effectiveness of the current debuffs as they function. certain classes really need their debuffs to win.

[dex*0.5]+[str*0.3]+[mag*0.2]/20

The magic number for how the crit system should work. everybody gets a little crit for free, dex gets the most. not just dex only.

Paralyze needs to be adjusted, find another way to balance the purify proc.
Post edited by Auerlius - Archosaur on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So you think the devs made new class skills just to **** over YOU? ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lag rarely has anything to do with the servers. Do a traceroute when you're lagging (check in the Support subforum for SylenThunder's threads, he explains how to do it) and see what node is causing the lag, it's usually some major node between you and the server.

Mods aren't support staff, they're player volunteers with very limited powers over the forum. For that matter, PWE has no control over the expansions, those are made by PW China for China's reasons, and has nothing to do with cranky PWI players. And the only bug free programs are trivial.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    So you think the devs made new class skills just to **** over YOU? ...

where did i say that?
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Lag rarely has anything to do with the servers. Do a traceroute when you're lagging (check in the Support subforum for SylenThunder's threads, he explains how to do it) and see what node is causing the lag, it's usually some major node between you and the server.

Mods aren't support staff, they're player volunteers with very limited powers over the forum. For that matter, PWE has no control over the expansions, those are made by PW China for China's reasons, and has nothing to do with cranky PWI players. And the only bug free programs are trivial.

didn't include the mods...and if you read you'd see i mention that pwcn has autonomy over everything and we at pwi pay for it all. cranky? no...frustrated, disappointed and plain fed up? yes. and if a program is bug free yes it could be trivial..OR...it could have been properly tested and developed and many betas run to fine tune it way before it's release...and not after. banks, airports and hospitals are a few places where you will find bug free programs. are they trivial? i don't think so.
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    QQ more.. Only you have the power to quit.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    $$$ = not enough :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    this doesnt really deserve much hate. +1 OP however as we all know PWE only cares about money and since the players on here are easily impressed and dish out money by the truckloads there wont be much change in PWE's concern for us.

TL;DR
    The less we pay them the more concerned they will be and might actually do stuff for us.

true story
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    1, PWE leases PWI from Wanmei over in China.

2, If you're having that much of an issue with lag, read here. I play an Archosaur too and I'm usually sitting around 175ms from a bit over halfway across the country.

3, PWE's purpose is to publish games and make money. They don't do development on those games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    *snip*

I get the impression you don't like this game b:chuckle I think its time you found something else more to your liking to do b:bye
  • das7002
    das7002 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1, PWE leases PWI from Wanmei over in China.

No they don't. PWE and Wanmei are the same company. All traded under PWRD.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Those of you claiming the connection issues are outside of PWE's control have been drinking too much kool aid. From what I van tell the west coast servers are in an Internap colocation facility (basically you plug your server into a different company's facility and they manage the network and power for a fee).

Nearly every time I have checked on connectivity issues, the problem was either internal to or directly proximate to internap's network (pnap.net).

If it isn't PWE's network, why blame them then? Because they choose to put and keep their servers on a poorly managed network, or they don't pay for priority treatment of their network traffic. Take a look at internap's profile on glassdoor. Their own employees think they cut too many corners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hadesgabriel
    hadesgabriel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's an old mmo P2W game they got the $$ so they let the game crash and burn by itself they just announced their ''presence,, with the constant lottery things in the shop
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    das7002 wrote: »
    No they don't. PWE and Wanmei are the same company. All traded under PWRD.

PWI is published by PWE under a license agreement. So technically, yes they do lease the game. PWE is the US (English) publisher, but the only development power they have really is text and grammar fixes. Bugs, glitches, request for English game exclusive content (Like NV3), all have to be sent to China and approved, then coded and programmed by China and then sent back in a patch.

This is why we wait so long for bug fixes. China sends multiple things back at once, not just one fix at a time.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    PWI is published by PWE under a license agreement. So technically, yes they do lease the game. PWE is the US (English) publisher, but the only development power they have really is text and grammar fixes. Bugs, glitches, request for English game exclusive content (Like NV3), all have to be sent to China and approved, then coded and programmed by China and then sent back in a patch.

This is why we wait so long for bug fixes. China sends multiple things back at once, not just one fix at a time.
    They don't even do minor localization and grammatical fixes here. It ALL comes from China. Our devs/support are unable to change/modify any code on the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2014

pwe is a subsidiary of the perfect world company
    http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/cus_naande.html
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014

ty for your insight. it helps explain the real life lag. what are your thoughts on the quality of the updates or the attempts at balancing the classes? i loved this game. it was a prodigy child to me at first; it was capable of anything. As time went by it hung out with the wrong crowd [wan and mei] then got hooked on crack [stupid updates and poorly released expansions]. all the while i kept feeding it's drug habit. my intention was to make a 3r9 of each toon. but i cannot bring myself to do it with the condition this game keeps itself in. so now i turn to you, the other enablers, how can you keep hurting the game? unless you don't care and just want to use it like the crack h00ker that it has become, [make an OP broken toon so you can kill everything at pk without really trying, why pk? cause most of the major events are based on pk. coincidence? i think not.] which in that case i get it. but most of us play hard and definitely work too hard to see a beloved pastime hit rock bottom.

this is why i post and keep trying to reach out. my intentions is not to hurt the game but actually help it. for that to happen we need to show it some tough love. not log on as much, do not spend at all. demand better customer service. for those saying i should quit, maybe you are right. maybe i should, but ask yourself this, if all the cs customers stop doling out money, will you have a game to play? China does not pay for us, we pay for them. so for them to have a higher standard of service and care is simply unacceptable. it's like me paying taxes so the the bum on my block that i say hello to everday can fly to brazil for plastic surgery. simply insipid.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    QQ more.. Only you have the power to quit.

you must be a LA user or a barb. jk, i don't care what toon u play. point is you log on to have fun yes? so do i. i am not having fun while these issues exist. is it only affecting me? no. alot of my pk friends i 'grew up' with on here are now gone. others i used to associate with have gotten swollen heads cause they can win without trying and honestly i can no longer offer them and interesting bout. and there are at least 50 others i can name here that have just given up and dont even care if the game improves. should i join them? probably cause i have fewer and fewer friends on here each year. do i wish to re-invest the time to make new ones? not really cause i have real life for that and honestly even though it is cold and i am nearly forty, i find myself more drawn to going outside and engaging in athletic activity to fill my free time when i should be able to stay at home and enjoy it in front the screen considering the amount of dedication, time, effort and money i have put into this.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hello all seems more and more these days, i have a reason to post on here continually. but as usual i expect nothing. so rather than phrase things in a way that lean towards the conclusion that people care and something will be done, i will ask you the fellow players, [i would include the mods but i dun wanna get slammed for speaking my mind] what do you think?

The MODs are generally pretty lax about the things we say around here. I've seen forums with much stricter policies than we have here. This thread would borderline be grounds for removal on some other forums I've visited.

So long as your not flaming/shaming, swearing like a sailor, naming other competing games, and have some intelligence, they normally let people post whatever is on their mind.
    1. the servers have been lagging for over a week now, [and let's not even go into all the other crazy **** that has been happening on archo] maintenance has not fixed the problem and this new lemur thing has made it even worse. why is this stuff happening only in archo? does it have to do with the fact that we are a pve server and the game was designed to be pvp solely?

I've had absolutely no issues with lag for the most part. I play on an Acer Aspire V5, I'm from the RT server, and hop off of my neighbor's internet, so I occasionally run into issues from that, but those are my problems, not PWE's.

Not saying you might not be experiencing lag due to a server issue, as I have run into problems in NW and TW with lag in the past.
    2. will we or do we even deserve to be compensated? certain quests like luu's plea are next to impossible to finish with 20k+ lag, as is dragon tower and a host of others that require a basic sense of timing. i have missed over 100 pw silverflow coins because of this. for those of us on the game to extensively farm primal stuff, we cant get it done constantly dc'ing and lagging.

That depends on the compensation, and how long your willing to wait. I've personally found a huge annoyance in not being able to repeat the Final Seal phase quest (Not sure if it's supposed to be that way), among other things. That is my biggest issue, due to RT lagging behind so much, but none of it is ultimately game breaking.

However, I'm aware that the 2nd Rebirth quest chain is broken, and haven't heard much back on that, at least that I've seen.

I'd say that PWE should compile a list of these major annoyances, and once they finish implementing all the systems on Arc, they should give away some decent sized compensation, but I wouldn't want them to do anything for compensation until then. I don't think we need another fiasco like the 10 star dragon orbs.
    3. i have asked this elsewhere in other posts and and seen other threads written on this, but how do you feel about the new skills? without biasing your decisions one way or another how do you think the new skills fit in with the classes and the game as a whole? did it bring balance or degrade it even more?

I haven't done a whole lot of PVP, aside from having done a couple TW's. I'm a Barb, and have only gotten Sacred Mighty Swing (I'm taking my time with the new quests and rebirthing, instead of rushing it). So far, it seems pretty balanced, and I've got no complaints.
    4. which classes do you feel benefited the most? was it doing in a way the seamlessly integrates with the game? or did it just **** it up? what do you think needs to be changed? what do you think is perfect as is?

Depends on what you mean. Your question is pretty vague, so if your asking which class benefited the most from the new skills (Which your choice of wording makes me believe), then I would say that from my personal opinion and standpoint, the new skills seem pretty balanced. Again, I'm not the biggest PVP fan in the world, so my knowledge may be a bit short on this subject.
    5. how is it, that this game continues to rake in profits with [what are in my opinion] poorly thought out expansions, that require constant fixes and lame fixes that create even more problems? is this done on purpose? if it was that is the dirtiest most unscrupulous business practice i have ever seen and you [meaning the code monkeys and owners] need to be tarred and feathered. make one class op so everyone goes to it, then when that's done make the next class OP so everyone goes there to spend even more money. my rationale is to be a successful company you have to a some point have a working game plan. PWCN apparently does not, we on the pwi side of things get no betas, get no direct contact with customer service, but we continually pay for the other pwi locales. how is this possible? or do you think the company has done well with these expansions and deserves the profits it receives? are you happy with pwi enough to justify what you spend on it [if anything]?

As was said, this game isn't owned by PWE, it's owned by Wanmei, which is PWCN. The time it takes for information to travel from Point A (America), to Point B (China) isn't as fast as you would think. I would assume that PWE compiles a list of suggestions, and ships them to China in bulk, where they are then sorted through by someone over there. Their economy (along with what players want) is different over there. Throw in the fact the VAST difference in laws, and I think any reasonable person could see why our game isn't quite what we'd like it to be.

Also, I do not believe that China purposely messes up our game. They just focus on their version more, as it is after all a Chinese based game.
    i personally believe given the events that have transpired in this last week that i hit a nerve with the support staff here and was targeted on here because of it [btw, the video is up]. purify too strong? ok let's make an unavoidable stun and make LA class become demi gods of DD by leaving the critical and base damage based on dexterity thing as it currently is. oh that's is too strong? let's **** it up by making stun reflect, and hp of the gods [a new potion only available in the boutique for $50,000 and a pound of flesh] so you have a mil hp until you log off. oh that was too strong? then let's implement a pull the plug skill so you can make your opponent dc at will, oh that too strong? then let's....

my point is before going forward you have to look back. this has been a continual issue and a continual decline. no balance, no streamlined play, no real customer support = no real reason to play. only my friends are the only thing keeping me here but more and more, as the game quality declines, that is not enough. as it is i have not been able to play the few times i have logged on. what's the point of making all these grandiose expansions if people can't take full advantage of the new [terribly designed, unimaginative, lop sided] content?

I do agree that our customer support isn't the greatest. In fact, there are several things that I can point out that have (In my semi-professional opinion) stemmed from the lack of customer support. I'll go into one example.

The Auto Cultivation System. By far the worst idea that I have seen from PWE since I started playing in 2008. I tend to believe that this is from a lack of action taken by PWE against botters, until it got to the point that botting got out of control. However, this is something that can still be solved at this point, if PWE would look into better anti-cheating software. Granted, bots will always exist, and MMO's will always be battling against them, but this is not the answer.

Instead, if someone reports a botter, Customer Service needs to send out a GM to personally investigate. It's simple. GM sends said person a PM, saying that they have 3 minutes to respond. If the person doesn't reply, then they are banned.

If the person was there and failed to respond, it changes nothing, as not replying is just plain rude anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When money is involved with anything at all, expect utter bull. Greed is always around when it comes to money. Whether it is housing, food, clothing, games, internet, devices, etc, even water, you name it, people sink low when they see the face of the government on paper with numerals on it. "In G.O.D. we trust."
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When you started playing this game

1. No one guaranteed ANY new content

However yo have got muuuch muuuch good content for free. Instead of complaining the new content does not work how you think it should, be thankful for pwi that does release new content. If the new content sucks don't play it (you are) or go play a vanilla private server.

If you don't enjoy the game, go elsewhere for your sake and for others, honestly only play if you think the game is rewarding and fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014

here are the questions, food for thought:

It seems the servers and maintenance Have had big glitches and created many problems. To my knowledge this NEVER used to happen, PWi figure out what changed, yes they should work to resolve these issues.

No one deserves to be 'compensated' everyone is on an even playing field, a rollback sucks but deal with it. If pwi decides to 'compensate' that is their choice. Honestly the last QQ and Compensation Fiasco led to more friends quitting game than anything else that has happened. If you lag to much to do quests then keep trying, do stuff with people in party, try to resolve issues and make sure they are not local. Or log off for awhile and wait for a time that is more unlaggy..

It is my belief that PWI is pretty well balanced, each class has a role, each class has people who play it PvP and PvE, Each class has their own strengths and weaknesses, and if you are a lover of the game you surely will be effective at what you do. On my own server i think one of the best clerics is a full vit cleric with +7 gear with perfect shards and defense level weapon.

I think they are working to remove useless skills and combine skills to kind of streamline the game, I have not seen too much to complain about skillwise, other classes always get annoying skills. If something is too op (group absolute domain with inception of 10 person classes, triple spark in stealth, yes even aps was eventually balanced.)

You do not know pwi's profit margin, you do not know how many people play and what they pay, so i feel you are jumping to an unfair conclusion here. They do not make you spend any money at all, and honestly i feel ppl have more fun not spending money in game. No one guaranteed PWI to provide you any content updates at all. The new content is not that glitched, most of the time i think its a failure in communication (faction base wars). Do you know pwi fixed teh title quests? Do you know Dew of God Star no longer overwrites magic defense buff? Do you know alpha male and demon roar no longer overwrite veno bramble? Why aren't you praising pwi for its bug fixes!

If you think your class is weak you probably are not aware on how to maximize your pros and minimizing your cons, i'd suggest reading some pk guides on the cleric subsection. I will tell you this, on raging tide the 2 most feared ppl in 1 v1 are clerics and they will destroy any person any class most of the time (except me). Instead of working on your game, or skills, or gear, or teamwork, or faction, it sounds like you just have a really negative attitude and want to complain and quit, and if you do not have fun, enjoyment, or satisfaction from a game then 100% yes quit. Good luck brother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Very well said Man. I think your points really hit the nail on the head, and you obviously have more knowledge than I do, and I've been around since '08.

I think one of the biggest points that Man made was in saying that no one promised any new content, and it's actually a blessing for me to be able to log on every day and play with my friends, and get free content updates. Sure, I've put a decent chunk of change into the game over my time here, so you could even say that I've paid in part for content updates, but in the end, I'm satisfied for the most part, and QQ very little. When I do, it's normally done in a respectful manner, and in a way that helps the GMs and Devs.

I've met very few people that I didn't wind up liking here. To me, this community is great, and that's one of the reasons that I play on the daily.

It really sounds like you don't have the same set of circumstances, and the experience that you made here for yourself isn't a positive one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    If you think your class is weak you probably are not aware on how to maximize your pros and minimizing your cons, i'd suggest reading some pk guides on the cleric subsection. I will tell you this, on raging tide the 2 most feared ppl in 1 v1 are clerics and they will destroy any person any class most of the time (except me). Instead of working on your game, or skills, or gear, or teamwork, or faction, it sounds like you just have a really negative attitude and want to complain and quit, and if you do not have fun, enjoyment, or satisfaction from a game then 100% yes quit. Good luck brother.

you like the others keep saying indirectly it's because i suck and dunno how to play i am having these issues. i am not gonna even take this talk there....cause i have proven on my server that i know how to play and play well. your points about being thankful for expansions and such is a moot point. they don't do it for us, they do it cause if they don't we will get bored and leave [which more and more of us are doing anyway].

working on faction? i helped raise a faction and worked with it for 3 years....

working on teamwork? lol if you knew me then you would know i promote that all the time

working on my gear? my gear is near end game as is minus a cape and helm everythig is top tier.

complain? yes i feel i have the right to complain cause people like you blindly defend a game to the end cause their class is benefiting the most by the lop sided conditions

you are a barb....why the hell would they make a class that no other class can go against in 1v1 and win half the time if two equally geared/skilled people are playing? it's why you even included the except me. i am pretty sure if barbs were a trash class you would have an problem with it to.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Very well said Man. I think your points really hit the nail on the head, and you obviously have more knowledge than I do, and I've been around since '08.

I think one of the biggest points that Man made was in saying that no one promised any new content, and it's actually a blessing for me to be able to log on every day and play with my friends, and get free content updates. Sure, I've put a decent chunk of change into the game over my time here, so you could even say that I've paid in part for content updates, but in the end, I'm satisfied for the most part, and QQ very little. When I do, it's normally done in a respectful manner, and in a way that helps the GMs and Devs.

I've met very few people that I didn't wind up liking here. To me, this community is great, and that's one of the reasons that I play on the daily.

It really sounds like you don't have the same set of circumstances, and the experience that you made here for yourself isn't a positive one.

this has nothing to do with accepting the deplorable conditions of these past few updates. if you see nothing wrong with the game and everything is peachy clean then by all means that is your opinion and you have the right to it. and if it's sounds like i am being negative it's cause i have dealt with it for 3 years and i hate to give up but if nothing comes of the cries for change i will and you guys won't have to read anything from me ever again. i love this community...it's why i keep coming back to torture myself here. the ONLY reason actually.

btw gm's and dev's don't really read this. or at least it doesn't seem like it.

btw you a barb too right? lmao hilarious. btw been here for about 4 years..the join date on my account is wrong.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    you like the others keep saying indirectly it's because i suck and dunno how to play i am having these issues. i am not gonna even take this talk there....cause i have proven on my server that i know how to play and play well. your points about being thankful for expansions and such is a moot point. they don't do it for us, they do it cause if they don't we will get bored and leave [which more and more of us are doing anyway].

working on faction? i helped raise a faction and worked with it for 3 years....

working on teamwork? lol if you knew me then you would know i promote that all the time

working on my gear? my gear is near end game as is minus a cape and helm everythig is top tier.

complain? yes i feel i have the right to complain cause people like you blindly defend a game to the end cause their class is benefiting the most by the lop sided conditions

you are a barb....why the hell would they make a class that no other class can go against in 1v1 and win half the time if two equally geared/skilled people are playing? it's why you even included the except me. i am pretty sure if barbs were a trash class you would have an problem with it to.

First off, Archers are an amazing class, and are among the hardest hitters in the game. Not to mention a decent control class, have a variety of elemental buffs, the longest range of all classes, and throw in the stealth. There is nothing wrong with archers. As was said, all classes have strengths and weaknesses. Obviously, if your trying to attack a barb when he's right in your face, your attacks aren't going to be as effective. That's your weakness, learn to play your strengths.

Me? I don't do so well against the psychics and wizards. Even archers can be tricky at times, if I don't get to them fast enough.

this has nothing to do with accepting the deplorable conditions of these past few updates. if you see nothing wrong with the game and everything is peachy clean then by all means that is your opinion and you have the right to it. and if it's sounds like i am being negative it's cause i have dealt with it for 3 years and i hate to give up but if nothing comes of the cries for change i will and you guys won't have to read anything from me ever again. i love this community...it's why i keep coming back to torture myself here. the ONLY reason actually.

btw gm's and dev's don't really read this. or at least it doesn't seem like it.

btw you a barb too right? lmao hilarious. btw been here for about 4 years..the join date on my account is wrong.

You said you've been here for 4 years, so you joined about 2010. I've been here since 2008, and I will be the first to admit that the game has problems. The point is, they didn't have to give us any updates. I'm grateful for what I have, not what I don't have. Think of it like this, you wouldn't be complaining about broken updates if there weren't any updates. You'd be complaining about the lack thereof. Oh well, I guess the old saying is true... your damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Basically this

By the way, why is it so hilarious that I'm a barb? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    First off, Archers are an amazing class, and are among the hardest hitters in the game. Not to mention a decent control class, have a variety of elemental buffs, the longest range of all classes, and throw in the stealth. There is nothing wrong with archers. As was said, all classes have strengths and weaknesses. Obviously, if your trying to attack a barb when he's right in your face, your attacks aren't going to be as effective. That's your weakness, learn to play your strengths.

nothing wrong with archers, my point was they like sins have too large an advantage when it comes to damage dealing. all the things you mentioned are reasons why they don't need to do overkill damage.

By the way, why is it so hilarious that I'm a barb? b:question

most of the newer barb players that cs'd heavily think things are great, most of the old-school barbs i know readily admit mighty swing and being undefeatable in 1v1 is broken.
  • SerahLight - Archosaur
    SerahLight - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Good thing is, not many people on Archosaur, PK on a Cleric or know how to counter a 1v1 with us, so Saiorexey and I are SAFEEEEEE ;D Nyahhaha. b:chuckle
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    nothing wrong with archers, my point was they like sins have too large an advantage when it comes to damage dealing. all the things you mentioned are reasons why they don't need to do overkill damage.

Archers are DD's, so naturally, they are going to deal more damage then say, a barb. However, that also depends on each player's build.

Seeming the first RB is a free reset, I thought I'd play around a bit. I was a Sage Vit barb, but this time I'm trying a full str build, aside from the needed dex.

In this case, I'll obviously have a higher damage output than a vit barb.

This is part of why it's hard to determine what's OP, and what's not. It's not all about skills and gear, it's also about build, and the individual player's skill level.
    most of the newer barb players that cs'd heavily think things are great, most of the old-school barbs i know readily admit mighty swing and being undefeatable in 1v1 is broken.

I haven't cash shopped on the same level that some people have, but I'm not the lightest spender either. However, I'm not OP, and still get facerolled in TW and NW by people of higher gear, and sometimes people of equal gear. However, this is in places like TW and NW, where I'm likely getting attacked by more than one person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Archers are DD's, so naturally, they are going to deal more damage then say, a barb. However, that also depends on each player's build.

Seeming the first RB is a free reset, I thought I'd play around a bit. I was a Sage Vit barb, but this time I'm trying a full str build, aside from the needed dex.

In this case, I'll obviously have a higher damage output than a vit barb.

This is part of why it's hard to determine what's OP, and what's not. It's not all about skills and gear, it's also about build, and the individual player's skill level.

I haven't cash shopped on the same level that some people have, but I'm not the lightest spender either. However, I'm not OP, and still get facerolled in TW and NW by people of higher gear, and sometimes people of equal gear. However, this is in places like TW and NW, where I'm likely getting attacked by more than one person.

my point exactly....again. it takes more than 1 person to take you down. why is there a class in the game that cannot be 1v1'd against? as for your statement on archers yes i agree that they should do high damage. as should sins. but constant crits is not something the armor was designed for. nor is it balanced when you already have high damage and it's now getting doubled wwith a chance of being purged or quadrupled atthe same time.

if you put 5 grand into a toon and i put 5 grand into a toon, assuming we have equal intelligence we should have toons that will have a good back and forth with both of us winning and losing. that is not what is happening here though.

barbs at end game cant be killed 1v1, mighty swing->sunder->arma is the most broken easiest auto kill ever. cornered beast was already too strong now with the crack hp and the unavoidable stun it has just become plain to see that these guys care nothing about balancing the game. they will consistently make one class op and a few others semi-op then trash the rest.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Funny people still do PVP on this game, have you guys tried something where you can do double kills, triple kills, quadra kills, penta kills and ace? I won't say the name but not advertising any games. I started doing PVP these days on some other game which is a PVP game to begin with and against bots just bores me and I have to say, it is better off playing that game for PVP than PWI as you don't need to spend thousands of hours or thousands of dollars to be competitive.

There is no such thing as skill here, just spend your money or time and you will win the game easily.
    Sage barb in progress.