Ask Kniraven (pro pwi consultant)

Comments

• JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What's the reasoning behind the names of the Morai orders?

What's the longest running faction on PWI?

(And no, I'm not trolling, I'm overly curious of things that have no significance)
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What's the reasoning behind the names of the Morai orders?

What's the longest running faction on PWI?

(And no, I'm not trolling, I'm overly curious of things that have no significance)

I'll get back to you on the names, that shouldn't be too had to look up but I am going to bed at the moment. Rain Check xD (very tired)

Longest running faction? Hmmm.. I'm not really sure how to figure that out. Maybe through core connect somehow.

My faction Knights on Lost City is an active TW faction which I made back n November 2008. On my server, I am not aware of any older factions that are active. That is my best answer for the moment but I'll see if there is a way to look this up later too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tipsynostalgic
    tipsynostalgic Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Umm i have 3 questions :D

Ill be very happy if you can answer them :D

1-What do you think of increasing Dex on a BM to 600 or more?

2-What do you suggest( or is the recommended ) stat allocation for a Claw Barb?

3-Is the difference between this 3 things very extreme in damage output:

*(Best APS set for Sin/BM) including high refines/shards
    *(Full r9rr set)including high refines/shards
    *(Full Nv 3 Set) including high refines/shards

*im really very curious about this things*

Feel free to answer at any rate :D

Your thoughts will be appreciated ;D

b:victoryb:thanks
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really doubt that the increased crit/accuracy of making dex that high will make up for the loss of physical attack from not putting it in str... and are you still going to be able to wear heavy armor with dex that high?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Mezagis - Lost City
    Mezagis - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really doubt that the increased crit/accuracy of making dex that high will make up for the loss of physical attack from not putting it in str... and are you still going to be able to wear heavy armor with dex that high?

._.

See that is why im asking XD

Did not thought of that.

le gasp*

Tho (i think??)there should be a ratio of str/dex that lets you wear HA/ highest dex possible?

I dont know, just dubious bout this :D
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Umm i have 3 questions :D

Ill be very happy if you can answer them :D

1-What do you think of increasing Dex on a BM to 600 or more?

2-What do you suggest( or is the recommended ) stat allocation for a Claw Barb?

3-Is the difference between this 3 things very extreme in damage output:

*(Best APS set for Sin/BM) including high refines/shards
    *(Full r9rr set)including high refines/shards
    *(Full Nv 3 Set) including high refines/shards

*im really very curious about this things*

Feel free to answer at any rate :D

Your thoughts will be appreciated ;D

b:victoryb:thanks

You would need a nation war tome to have 600 dex and still have any chance of wearing correct level armor. You probably wouldn't be able to use axes. It would be completely ineffective.

Best build for claw barb would be minimum dex for claws, the rest in strength. No vit.

The absolute best possible though unbelievably improbable dps build is 5.0 sword bm of the two (but the chances of getting the adds for that are more slim than getting the new helmet from packs)

At full r9.3 or full nv3 sins easily out dps their blademaster counterparts.

The most realistic ultimate dps set would be sin r9.3 daggers, nv2 pants, nv3 wrists. R8r int top, R8r int boots, lunar int cape, ha99 ornaments, interval tome, nv2 helmet (atk level bonus)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mezagis - Lost City
    Mezagis - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks a lot !!

b:thanks
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Still need to look into the Morai Order names.
    Just from personal speculation on the names relationships to one another, they all are named after distorted light.

I'll do more research soon. I apologize for putting this off.
    I've been busy sending out TW pay and organizing my faction's forums
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XDCreed - Archosaur
    XDCreed - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have a question to ask, I realize Dragon Fire Pack is off sale today when I went to buy some, just before maint I see all the shop mark their price really high. I suspect it might be off sale but I cant find anything on the website, so can you find the link that has the D. Fire Pack's sale due day? I just want to see where I have miss it.
  • radagegi
    radagegi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Kniv, got a question
    which one would u prefer having? Sage or Demon BM?
    What are the build for BM fist/axes, stat-wise?
    What are the gears u need for APS BM?
  • HawtyNaughty - Heavens Tear
    HawtyNaughty - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Here is how it works:
    You can ask me absolutely anything so long as it is remotely related to PWI. I will do the research for you and help solve your question or issue.

When are you quitting pwi? I have got bored of your forum spam. b:bye
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dont you think we need a new beginner's guide? b:surrender
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    radagegi wrote: »
    Kniv, got a question
    which one would u prefer having? Sage or Demon BM?
    What are the build for BM fist/axes, stat-wise?
    What are the gears u need for APS BM?
    I prefer sage, i am sage. This is a preference, not a claim of superiority.
    Axe/Fist you add 3str/2dex per level, no vit, no mag. Cap your dex when it reaches 200 w/gears then pour the rest into str.

To be a competitive fist bm in current day, you need r8r chest & boots with -int, an -int tome, nv2 HA pants, Nv3 HA wrist & helm, CV cape, & g16 fists w/ -int.

If your goal is to be efficient in pvp, just going full NV3 and forgetting about axe/fist is currently cheaper & more effective in most cases.
    When are you quitting pwi? I have got bored of your forum spam. b:bye
    When pwi stops being enjoyable to me.
    Dont you think we need a new beginner's guide? b:surrender
    all current stickied topics seem up to date, were you suggesting a new topic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I prefer sage, i am sage. This is a preference, not a claim of superiority.
    Axe/Fist you add 3str/2dex per level, no vit, no mag. Cap your dex when it reaches 200 w/gears then pour the rest into str.

To be a competitive fist bm in current day, you need r8r chest & boots with -int, an -int tome, nv2 HA pants, Nv3 HA wrist & helm, CV cape, & g16 fists w/ -int.

If your goal is to be efficient in pvp, just going full NV3 and forgetting about axe/fist is currently cheaper & more effective in most cases.

When pwi stops being enjoyable to me.

all current stickied topics seem up to date, were you suggesting a new topic?

Really? About the new starter place, and how your char is invincible until level 40, but no worries, cause you reach 40 in a day or two now anyway. Someone covered all the new quests already? Cool...I would agree they are up to date from an end-game perspective, alright, I guess...

I see by your answer though, there are no plans for it. Thanks. b:thanks
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Really? About the new starter place, and how your char is invincible until level 40, but no worries, cause you reach 40 in a day or two now anyway. Someone covered all the new quests already? Cool...I would agree they are up to date from an end-game perspective, alright, I guess...

Well if someone's willing to make one and cover the parts where the current stickies are still true... b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2013

Everything currently stickied is correct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I want to ask about Effective HP, if I calculate someone's Effective HP, then I will get a value of his Effective HP with 0 def/mdef and 0 def level.

There is a mob in 1k for testing damage that can be spawned from an npc, it's called Illusion of Grandeur, it has 1 def and 1 mdef (close to what effective hp is all about, zeroing these and put'em all into HP)

What I want to ask is, if I multiply Effective HP by 4 (converting to pve), does that mean now I have a mob like Illusion of Grandeur but with that much hp ?
  • sadiran
    sadiran Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Initially I leveled my EP to 102 and 87% and chose to go through the reawakening process. Since then I've leveled back to 100 and 97%; I'm currently feeding all the exp that I'm earning into my Ancient Tome.
    I had planned to continue to do this until I brought my "historical level" up to L105 for maximum stat gain, however, I ran a few BHs with some of your faction members and now have a question.
    They said that many of Knights is choosing to reawaken a second time immediately upon reaching L100 again. What are the benefits of doing this rather than waiting to reawaken again until hitting whatever historical level one chooses to reach?
    I do realize that there a ton of reawakening threads and such around here but I KNOW you know from experience, know that you give good, solid, accurate, trustworthy advice/information and since I wish to make the best possible decision(s) regarding my EP I thought to ask you here.
    Thanks in advance for any information and/or direction you can give me regarding this.
    ~Dom (Domonique)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    freygin wrote: »
    I want to ask about Effective HP, if I calculate someone's Effective HP, then I will get a value of his Effective HP with 0 def/mdef and 0 def level.

There is a mob in 1k for testing damage that can be spawned from an npc, it's called Illusion of Grandeur, it has 1 def and 1 mdef (close to what effective hp is all about, zeroing these and put'em all into HP)

What I want to ask is, if I multiply Effective HP by 4 (converting to pve), does that mean now I have a mob like Illusion of Grandeur but with that much hp ?
    I'm going to have to re-read this and get back to you when i get home (currently on cellphone)
    sadiran wrote: »
    Initially I leveled my EP to 102 and 87% and chose to go through the reawakening process. Since then I've leveled back to 100 and 97%; I'm currently feeding all the exp that I'm earning into my Ancient Tome.
    I had planned to continue to do this until I brought my "historical level" up to L105 for maximum stat gain, however, I ran a few BHs with some of your faction members and now have a question.
    They said that many of Knights is choosing to reawaken a second time immediately upon reaching L100 again. What are the benefits of doing this rather than waiting to reawaken again until hitting whatever historical level one chooses to reach?
    I do realize that there a ton of reawakening threads and such around here but I KNOW you know from experience, know that you give good, solid, accurate, trustworthy advice/information and since I wish to make the best possible decision(s) regarding my EP I thought to ask you here.
    Thanks in advance for any information and/or direction you can give me regarding this.
    ~Dom (Domonique)
    We're doing our second reincarnation immediately in order to gain more bonus stats immediately.
    After you've reincarnated a second time, you have two historical levels and you can feed experience to either one of them. Once you've leveled them you'll get the additional stats you would have received if you've waited anyway.

I did first reincarnation at 102.
    Second at 101.
    When i get my third to 101, I'll level the second to 102, then the first to 103, etc.

Basically we're trying to get as many stats as we can as quickly as possible
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I did first reincarnation at 102.
    Second at 101.
    When i get my third to 101, I'll level the second to 102, then the first to 103, etc.

Basically we're trying to get as many stats as we can as quickly as possible

You get more exp as a lower level, so if you wanted to max out all your levels (105, 105, 105).. it'd be better to leave your 3rd reinc level at 100 until both the others are 105.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that **** me over in pvp because of damage reduction?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that **** me over in pvp because of damage reduction?

I believe it would just mean you wouldn't do full damage on targets that are level 103/104/105, but being a bm.. that really shouldn't be an issue for you.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I thought the mobs in PV were 102. So there would be no exp nerf. I keep meaning to check but always forget.

Or is there an exp bonus for being 2 lvls lower than them..
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm going to have to re-read this and get back to you when i get home (currently on cellphone)
    Thanks, I already got the answer, it's possible without including def level and atk level since A-D will act as dmg amplification for the final damage output while the mob can't have a def level. If the effective hp is calculated with Atk Level and Def Level into play, the mob would suffer the amplification twice.

I believe it would just mean you wouldn't do full damage on targets that are level 103/104/105, but being a bm.. that really shouldn't be an issue for you.
    I've tested this, a level 101 did full damage to a level 105, there is no reduction in damage. I believe that is for PvE and doesn't apply to PvP, but cmiiw.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ive been away a long time and have been mucking around with alts to get an idea of how to play again. I have a couple issues/questions you might be able to help me with:

Is the meridian system for RB only? If not, is there a simple guide for using it because it seems as confusing as hell to me. I can open it but cant seem to click on any of the thingies in there. With the meridian system, do you click and fill up the points (gates?? boundaries??? is that what they are called) in order, or do you choose.

Is the war avatar system for RB only. I have been getting nuema here and there but cant seem to work out where I actually get cards from, or how I generate a benefit from getting nuema.

Whats the most common/best way to raise your arcane sky level. Is this for RB only?

What are currently the most preferred ways to make money and xp. When I last left it was purely FC, BH, WS and NW, yet lately FC is much rarer than it used to be (which might be because lots of people are doing RB related activities - ie FSP continuously by the look of it. Also is NW worth going into with undergeared chars, or is there now nothing but R9RR's and similar just one shotting us types.

And Ive asked this of someone else, but want to check your opinion. My 101 chars are pretty badly geared. Is there any reason to delay RB on them. If I use my 101 chars to assist my alts here and there, should I keep one of them at 101 whilst I level the other ones, or RB them all ASAP.

Thanks if you get a chance to reply.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You get more exp as a lower level, so if you wanted to max out all your levels (105, 105, 105).. it'd be better to leave your 3rd reinc level at 100 until both the others are 105.

I believe it would just mean you wouldn't do full damage on targets that are level 103/104/105

From this thread and this chart i don't see any difference in the xp gained for most common xp instances. LVL 88 (FC XP Room Mobs), 102, 105 (PV Mobs) don't seem to suffer from 100-102 player level changes (0.5 1.0 1.05 multiplier).

102 grants 1m extra xp from AEU Rewards.

So at what point did i get my assumption wrong?

At this moment i don't see too much benefit in remaining level 100.

By 102 i have to worry with Level Difference Damage Reduction only from 105 (while 100 gets to worry 103 and above), and not many "active ones" remained at 105.

If the discussion is put from any other type of leveling then the xp gain nerf stated before is right.

103 and above well that's a totally other thing.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    slamstone wrote: »
    From this thread and this chart i don't see any difference in the xp gained for most common xp instances. LVL 88 (FC XP Room Mobs), 102, 105 (PV Mobs) don't seem to suffer from 100-102 player level changes (0.5 1.0 1.05 multiplier).

102 grants 1m extra xp from AEU Rewards.

So at what point did i get my assumption wrong?

At this moment i don't see too much benefit in remaining level 100.

By 102 i have to worry with Level Difference Damage Reduction only from 105 (while 100 gets to worry 103 and above), and not many "active ones" remained at 105.

If the discussion is put from any other type of leveling then the xp gain nerf stated before is right.

103 and above well that's a totally other thing.

Well there would be a 5% difference in exp for level 103/104 mobs, I really haven't been paying much attention to what mobs I generally come across though. I was thinking it might make a difference in some places with auto-culti, but again I haven't really looked around much.
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok here's a question. I recently took a quest from the War Avatar Master in Kirin Town (Primal World). The quest was named something like "War Avatar Catalyst x10" and I gave him 10 War Avatar Catalysts from boutique. I was being a lazy **** and didn't read the quest description so Mr War Avatar Master took my 10 Catalysts and I didn't seem to get anything from it.
    There is another quest now to give him 20, and I've searched the database and the quests continue to 70 or so Catalysts.
    What did I gain from "donating" catalysts or what is the point in doing so?

Sorry if it's a nab question lol
    it should be because it is.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    Ok here's a question. I recently took a quest from the War Avatar Master in Kirin Town (Primal World). The quest was named something like "War Avatar Catalyst x10" and I gave him 10 War Avatar Catalysts from boutique. I was being a lazy **** and didn't read the quest description so Mr War Avatar Master took my 10 Catalysts and I didn't seem to get anything from it.
    There is another quest now to give him 20, and I've searched the database and the quests continue to 70 or so Catalysts.
    What did I gain from "donating" catalysts or what is the point in doing so?

Sorry if it's a nab question lol

You gain 1 leadership every time you complete the quest. S cards all require 2-3 leadership, so you need between 12-18 leadership to equip a full set of S cards (I believe lower cards may require less). I believe you start with 10 leadership, so you will likely need to do this quest a few times.
  • PooEA - Lost City
    PooEA - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got a question about cast-time and interruption with silence (yes, CAST-TIME).

For all skills before it used to be that once channeling finished and cast begun, they could not be stopped with FoW or SoS.

But I'm curious if that is still the case for the new primal world upgrades of 2 sin skills and 1 wiz skill, namely:
    - Elimination (5 hits during cast time)
    - Life Hunter (2 hits during cast time)
    - Frozen Flame (2 hits during cast time)

If the first hit procs SoS on a psy, do the rest follow?
    If not, then if a wizard uses FoW after first hit, do the rest follow?

^ I'm curious about both since the latter involves an actual interrupt while the first does not. Thanks in advance!